main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's Talk Star Wars Again

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I tried finding this thread from long ago but after page seven I think all threads are closed. I mean this is a Star Wars fan club so we should have at least more than one thread on the topic.

So, today I noticed at SW.com the book cover for The Force Unleashed. I know we've all heard about it but I just don't know if I like it or not. On the cover of the book it has a force user bringing down a Star Destroyer. Yeah, I never saw Darth Vader do that and wasn't he supposed to be the greatest of them all? Really a Star Destroyer? I don't buy it. Or as Luke would have said "I don't believe it".

Thoughts?

2. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Believe it. The whole premises of The Force Unleashed is increasing the magnitude and awesomeness of already existing Force powers. The Star Destroyer thing occurs in the trailer for the game two.

Haden Blackman himself describes the Secret Apprentice as "a Force wrecking ball" so the Star Destroyer thing simply punctuates that. There are also scene with him smashing TIE Fighters into one another, battling mutant rancors with Jedi riders (including Shaak Ti) uses Force lightning on three stormtroopers at once, and a concept art piece of him sending a stromtrooper flying through three pillars. Altogether, a fantastic game, and a really interesting character.

Also, I got The Essentail Guide to the Force on Monday. Finished reading it already. A fantastic book.

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh I saw the panel at CIV. I understand what they are doing, but don't believe that it is possible. Until this game the only other time you see such strong use of the Force is in Clone Wars cartoon ie., Mace battling hundreds of Super Battle Droids and Yoda crashing the two Federation ships together.

I don't know, if they had those type powers they would have used them in the movies. It's like the characters from the video game are all on steroids.

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SR, May I direct you to the trailer:

The Force Unleashed

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    There's always been a sort of inconsistency with force powers. The force unleashed looks like an interesting game (if only I were into those games, even lego star wars ticks me off because I suck). I guess when you get into AU, and EU, you get fans and huge non-supporters. I keep up with what's going on in those timelines, but I don't read the books or comics.

I cannot wait for the live action series to come out. I have a great feeling about it.

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I really have nothing new to say about Star Wars.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks JJ, but I've seen the trailer. I still don't think I like that they now have all these special powers that no one in the movies ever did.

8. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Perhaps Vader did have the power to bring down a star destroyer, but he did not need to use it during the timeframe of the OT.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Maybe he was just too tired. Or maybe he just wasn't as powerful anymore since all his limbs were cut off. Isn't that why he can't do the force lighting thing, because he has no real arms? That's what I've always heard.

10. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Found this in the Wookiepedia:

Though a powerful Sith Lord, Darth Vader's usage of Force lightning was suppressed, due to the prosthetic arm he had fitted to replace a hand lost in battle with Count Dooku, and after the disastrous confrontation on Mustafar (although his trademark use of Force Choke more than compensated for this lack). Vader could not channel lightning through his body for fear of damaging his cybernetic parts, and also meant he became much more vulnerable to the effects of Force lightning. This vulnerability would eventually contribute to his death.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ahhhh ooooooo.

That's what I've always heard, and I guess it makes sense.

Now back to how nasty did Yoda smell with no hot running water on Dagobah?

12. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Who knows, maybe he was like a cat and cleaned himself to keep the stench down???

13. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    How do we know Yoda had no running water? Perhaps he had a well out back. Perhaps he built his own irrigation system. I don't believe we ever saw his entire hut. Also, there is no proof that Obi-Wan had running water or even a toilet in his house on Tatooine. I guess we just have to assume that they both had the necessary sanitary requirements taken care of.

14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Even if he had running water, it would be running swamp water.

Can you 'force lick' yourself?

15. Waffllebot

Waffllebot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Yoda had an outhouse. He was country living.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Force Lick?
    Maybe you can just use the force to take dirt off you.

DH, is there a cross section book that shows the home of either Obi Wan or Yoda? If so is there a bathroom?

I can't believe I'm asking this?

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude, there's no bathrooms in the future.

18. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Yoda's pureness of spirit and heart caused his b.o. to smell like roses.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I knew there was no underwear in outer space I didn't know that there were no bathrooms in the future.

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Ahhh, but this took place "A long time ago"

21. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes there are bathrooms. What do you call that chamber that Vader sits in. His crapper, that's what. (J/K, please don't get all technical on me here)

Yoda just did his business in the smelly swamp. He could blame all his stench on that.

22. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Due to the fact that I've got a spare hour since Heroes isn't on (does that sound like a valid excuse?), I grabbed my complete locations book. The answer to the burning question on everyone's mind is: there are no bathrooms in space... only refreshers.

Yoda's hut has running water, but never mentioned a 'fresher. Ben's house has a refresher as does the Lars homestead, Palpatine's office and Anakin's hovel. After finding all those, I decided it was time for me to stop looking for science fiction bathrooms and to start looking for my life. I seem to have lost it somewhere.....

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    LOL JF77! I just picture you there looking in books to find out if there are bathrooms in Star Wars. That is hilarious. Hey who could want more from life than looking up such things? It is perfectly healthy.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Palpatine had a "refresher" (hahaha! Thanks for looking that up, JF) right in his office? Now that's living.

Maybe Yoda's species doesn't produce so much waste...they live so long, and he can't eat much, so maybe his body just uses almost everything.

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    A refresher?

That sounds so stupid.

They should just call it the crapper like everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.