main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's Talk STAR WARS....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SoloJedi, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    tirade? What happened to your speech? can we hear it...please? :D

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, I will try... Yes, yes, I know, do or do not...

I think the internet has made it easy for people to see/hear spoilers. That is good for those who want to know what's going to happen or how it came to be. For those who don't know, they can easily avoid it also. In fact, it is easier to avoid it on the net rather than with their friends. For us oldsters who were younglings when the OT came out information was scarce. My source was a friend of mine who revealed to me that Luke and Leia were twins before ROTJ came out. She had read it somewhere but confirmed it by saying that is why Leia was able to hear Luke's plea on Cloud City. I wanted to remain somewhat spoiler free but saw a lot at C2 which was fine because I was in a room full of rabid Star Wars fans who wanted more, as I did also. It afforded me the opportunity to talk to my fellow fans about it a month before most people saw it on the screen. I also liked seeing and knowing before everyone else. I know I will be going to see everything Rick and/or Steve put out for me to see. My biggest regret about Comic-Con was that Rick did not bring anything for us to watch during Steve's spectacular. It was a shame.

Any way, I have no problem with the internet and the fact that spoilers are out there. People are savvy enough to not see them if they do not want to.

The previous version sounded better.

[Claudia stumbles off her soap box]

And in the previous version I stepped off my soap box and took a bow to the resounding applause of the crowd. It was the clapping face that did me in. I went to copy the code and when I went back it was gone.

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    It's true that the internet has made information about just about everything available almost instantaneously. I think it's really changed the world and how we operate. Nowdays, waiting for weeks or even days for something is unacceptable, we need to have things NOW. ..and nowdays there is almost no excuse why things would take weeks to "process". So yeah.. the internet has ruined Star Wars. Episode I would've been a much better movie without it.

Just kidding.. I liked Episode I.

As a side note RUMOR has it George Lucas will have a cameo appearance in Episode III and his line will be All your base are belong to us!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't think the hype either way would have ruined the movies for me. Seeing some of the spoilers helped me understand why things were done. And JR, that's a funny rumor.

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I like the internet. It allows me to see naked ladies, daily, for free. Right JiltedToo?

And how is this SW related... because in Closer, Natalie Portman is almost naked, and I bought my tickets on-line. OK, it is not related.

6. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Daily free naked ladies is what messed up my computer... damn internet!!

Anyway.. yeah.. Star Wars.. Episode III. Can't wait. Pictures posted everywhere.

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    did I miss something? Solo's link to the other thread was cool, but not awesome?!?!? Are there some great images I missed? If so, please PM or post where.

I liked them, but only one or two were great.

Spoil me baby, spoil me! J-R, my comment on your computer breaking... time for a new one. 400.00 out the door. I have Office you can steal again...

toss the old one. You have a new wife, a new car this year, (ok, last year) a new SW movie. So, get a new computer. Then you do, I will come over and we can drink Scotch!

I love Scotch, Scotch, Scotch!! Anchor Man....

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I love the internet and I want to be spoiled, for me, knowing before hand is not a problem. It just makes me want to see more.

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Spoilers are fine, the problem is that many a time they turn out to be utterly untrue.

There's a big one floating around out there that will have the SW purists tearing their hair out. I'm of two minds about it. I don't want to give anything away so if you want to know what it is (many of you already know, I'm sure), PM me.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Star Wars! Whoo Hoo! I like finding out stuff but I'm not really going out of my way to find out. Is that weird. If some spoilers get dropped into a conversation I don't mind.

11. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I need MS Office Bubba!

Give me the office!

12. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Ok so does anyone else receive the Westways magazine from AAA of california? I got my issue yesterday the cover really struck me! First thing that came to my mind was EPISODE III!!!! I could just see Ani and Obi going at it. Kinda like the trailer....
    Do you think that after EIII, there will some weird renewed interest in volcanoes by some?

I don't know about that but definately makes we wanna hit Hawa'ii big time!!! :D

13. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    so i was watching EP I & II this weekend with some buds. I can't beleive how "old and classic" TPM looks already and it's only 6 years old.
    Then we put on ROTJ to watch the last part and something hit me (no it wasn't gas from all the food we were eating) I just thought of a cool way or as GL would say, "A neat little thing" to re-do the ending.

What do you think (though i do like the way ROTJ ends just fine) you have to think GL will probably re-tweak the films again for the super-duper, extra eclusive but never elusive, extended director's cut speacial editions.....SOME SPOILERS (EPIII) may be contained so be warned......

What if, during the final confrentation while Palps is frying Luke....when Vader stands there seeing what's taking place (we hear the music playing loud, while listening to Palps laugh and lightning zaps) Vader is looking at luke then turns to Palps. "Father please!" shouts Luke.

At that moment while we see Vader, we cut to quick flashbacks as if he were remembering: EPI young Ani (the sweet little innocent boy he once was) EPII (maybe remembering his mom) EPIII: it appears palps will be frying someone with lightning as well...Anikin looks on but does nothing. Thinking how THIS time he won't let this happen to his son...As the shot fades back to VADER we hear (voice over) the line from the trailer "You were the chosen one!" At that moment Vader picks up Palps and throws him over....
    That would tie the entire saga together nicely and make the scenes later on have more weight: "Luke you were right about me, tell you sister you were right"
    Also, when we see young Ani ghost it would fit in nicely.....

phew! that was long....
    Any thoughts??? ;)

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You sound like a George Lucas in the making SJ. I don't know if I would change more, but those do sound like pretty good ideas I guess to tie it all together.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I thought you were spoiler-free SoloJedi!??
    That would a cool ending.. but there aren't any flashbacks in any Star Wars movie, so it may be out of place?

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to admit, that wasn't bad!

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know if anyone noticed.. but the Official Site, starwars.com has a different look. It has a flash start page. I kind of like the old layout better, the new one makes it look like any other movie website. But as we all know.. Star Wars is more than just a movie.

There's some cool wallpaper downloads on there now! Check it out!

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It must have just changed because I was there around 1:30 this afternoon. Wow! Very dark looking.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    And it changes everytime you go back. Just like the dvds and the menu screens.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Since the Bennigan's thread was locked I decided to post my admiration for Skyryder's pictures here. My favorite has to be the one titled, DB and GQ Skyryder (or words to that effect).

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks DH, my favorite is the Apple Martini Gang.

22. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR! I like that one too; sorry I'm holding mine in front of your face -- but it's the experience that counts, eh?

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's ok JB. It's just fine.

24. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    while watchin TPM and AOTC this weekend i noticed something again....well i noticed it before but being that what a lot of people are saying that when EPIII comes out all will be revealed, we'll go back and notice little things like, looks, gestures etc. that gave hints.
    Anyway, when Mace says "I do not beleive the sith could have returned without us knowing it" he gives a look to yoda as if to say "Right yoda? ;)"
    Later on they say to Qui gonn, "this could be they key we need to unravel the mystery of the sith"....what key? what is there to unravel? what mystery? If they were sooooooooooo sure that the sith weren't around. Also, how did qui gonn know he was a sith? couldn't he have just been a dark warrior..as was stated?

Then in AOTC during the whole "i thought master sifo dious (sp) was killed almost 10 yrs ago" "did the council aprove the order of the clones?"
    "No!" whoever placed that order did not have the approval of the jedi council"....
    Then yoda and mace go off on this "dang, our force powers are messed up" I think they KNEW or SENSED something but couldn't quite put their finger on it and NOW it's all coming to fruition and they're like "Uh oh!, wesa in trouble now"
    "Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is" ;)

25. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Some of the questions have been answered in EU, if you're into that sorta thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.