main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's Talk STAR WARS....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SoloJedi, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    i forgot to mention this earlier...
    while watching ROTJ aain the other day something caught my attention....

during the final battle, we see an A-wing "sacrificing" himself crashing into the bridge of the huge super star destoyer Avenger (very good aim and accuracy i must add...and yes he was shot and flew into it..i know) sending the massive ship into the side of the death star...thing is, weren't the DSs on the opposite side? remember when the fleet arrived they were heading towards the DS but turned back when the shields were still up..when they did, the destroyers were holdinh them off...so they were not near the DS....also, in the throne room duel, you can see out the window and the fight is somewhat far away...so how could the Avenger have crashed into the death star? GREAT SCENE though.... :D

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have always wondered that myself SJ. I just figure that as the battle starts, the SDs move closer to the DS to force the Rebels closer to the DS's weapon.

3. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I was wondering if someone could tell me where Leia got that brown dress at Lando's pad in ESB. Then later she pops back into that snow garb. I never really got that.

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess she wasn't Lando's first female visitor on Bespin.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah, but why does she change clothes back to the Hoth outfit? Because running around in an evening gown and carrying a rifle just isn't proper?

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If the sarlaac takes year to digest it's food. Then why did it burp?

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I liked the Sarlaac better without the Little Shop of Horrors head.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Because of a Diet Coke it drank one year ago that very moment. From what I hear he was very embarressed over the whole situation and was unable to finish digesting Boba Fett and spit him out.

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Skyryder, why is the sky blue on Tatooine?

10. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    yea, and if there are 2 suns why dont people or things cast 2 shadows? ;)

11. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah, and why wasnt everything cover with hair in the Ewok village?

I didn't see any vacuum cleaners!?

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JT, the sky on Tatooine is blue because centuries ago a large ship carrying Ortolan's (Max Rebo) blew up over the desert planet thus causing the sky to be blue.

There is only one shadow per object because the dark side of the force which has a strong presence on Tatooine sucks up the second shadow.

There isn't a lot of loose hair in the Ewok village because the Ewoks have symbiotic relationship with a small parasite that devours loose hair.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    All hail Skyryder, the wisest of the wise! Even Yoda would call you master!

14. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Skyryder,

Does the millenium falcon have a pooper? If so, who empties it, and how often? Do wookies use these, or other means.

thank you

Anonymous

15. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I don't know where they do their business on the MF but you sure better not be in there when they make the jump to lightspeed!

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You guys! Everyone knows that they use Vapoorize in the Galaxy Far Far Away.

[image=http://images.popcornmonsters.com/contest/vapoorize_ad.gif]

Just spray and poof it's gone.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Dear All Knowing Skyrder,

My R2 unit has been acting up. He keeps going on about some sort of mission. He plays a snippet of a message but not the whole thing. He even claims to belong to somebody named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I'm thinking of taking him to Anchorhead to have his memory erased. What should I do?

Tatooine Teen

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Tatooine Teen

Whatever you do, don't and I repeat DON'T remove that restraining bolt. R2 units have a tendency to act very independently especially the newer models. I wouldn't have it's memory erased. In time you will learn that R2s can be very helpful in all kinds of situations.

Protocol Droids, now that is a completly different story.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  20. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Dear Skyryder,

It burns when I pee.

Why?

Anonymouse

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Dear Anonymouse

It burns when I pee.

This is a common problem with people who drink too much Jawa juice. The highly intoxicating libation (to some species and you didn't mention to me your species), was originally intended as a insect repellant for Jawas as they tend to not bathe regularly out in the Tatooine desert.

My suggestion to you Anonymouse is to switch drinks. Try a nice Bantha Blaster if you like the taste of Tatooine drinks and the nice swirles of blue and orange are a pretty touch.

Sincerely,
    Skyryder

22. Tess

Tess Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Fett touches a girl's chin in ROTJ. What's the back story on her? I could never find info on that.

Tess

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    he was giving her token attention, because he got some two nights back. Could not totally blow her off, hence the TOEKN gesture. (Yes, he kept his helmet on as he did his duty) (You see, at Jabba's palace, there may be better talent than a simple Mrs. Greedo, so he had to keep his options open.)

How do I know all this, well, I hang out pretty close to the source...

[image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-photos-2002-3/GS_Great_Pet_Jer.jpg]
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/GS_Me_Jeremy.jpg]

OK, the above answers are slightly made up, but sounded good.

24. Tess

Tess Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Darth Bubba, I don't know who you are but Fett sent me a photo of him in armor like 6 months ago and you were in it. Come to think of it I have a COUPLE of photos with you in them. Who are you, if you don't mind my asking? LOL. msmanus@yahoo.com Please fill me in so that I can put a face with the name.

25. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    DarthBubba is a FanForce God and has a hollow leg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.