main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Let's try and set a date to go watch AOTC on a digital screen in SF.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    perhaps someone could call the theater and ask how long they'll be playing it?

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I've got some miserable, miserable news.

The Van Ness theater will stop playing AOTC on Thursday June 20th. The Sony Metreon theater will know on June 20th for how much longer they'll have the film. This is awful!!!!!!!!! :_|

Here are some options:
    1) You all get together a group to go this weekend. I have movers coming on Saturday morning, so there's no way I can go with you. If it doesn't work this Saturday, maybe you'll have good luck on July 22nd (another date I can't make; I'll be out of town). I'd be happy to help everyone organize it, I'll just (pathetically) not be there myself.

2) We can keep hoping it stays in the theater until July 7th, but it's a big risk we'll miss it.

Ideas? I'm soooooo bummed about this.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Sorry to hear that :(

I have got a BIG NO-CAN-DO this weekend. I don't think none of you want my cold. I have been fighting it for the last couple of days and I think I am on the down side now, but still, no one wants to take a chance. And I would feel bad about it.

Don't worry Auntie, the Force will guide us. ;)

BTW how was the races? Even though they are sissy cars. ;) Just kidding. More importantly, how was Montreal? Never been there myself.

4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    It was a lot of fun, and the city was pretty neat. I really love F-1 (and you're right. I don't like NASCAR one bit). There's nothing cooler than the fastest Ferrari's and the world's best driver's on earth. They reach speeds of 365 kilometers per hour. In miles per hour that's.... um... really fast too. Anyway, awesome driving and incredible cars. It's fun to watch with all the internationals too.

5. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    That sucks.
    Well, if it does continue to play at the Metreon for awhile, let us (in SF) know when you're coming down!

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    "(and you're right. I don't like NASCAR one bit)." [face_shocked] OUCH! Sheesh! I was only kidding! Believe it or not I AM a big fan Mario Andretti and the Andretti family. And yes Auntie, Ferarri's are very cool. BTW I have been riding in an F-40 doing 160+ down I5 once (ooops! I said that outloud!) I also am in love with the Lamborguini. But I will settle for a Viper. ;) I used to drag race when I was younger, when I owned a '56 Chevy Bel Air, and ran a 9.10 at Sears Point raceway. That's equivelant to 150 MPH.

Shequan when we do set a date, it would be fun to meet all of you, and we will we be sure to tell you, so we can all meet! That would be very cool. :D

7. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Viper, mmmmmmm. I know there are faster cars, but the Viper has my heart, especially this one

8. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I would probably count myself out of of the SF trip since we don't have a for sure date. I'm starting to plan some backpacking and camping trips with friends that will be taking up my weekends. Sorry :(

9. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Ahh, I told you guys we should have went a week ago! :)

Why don't you all drive down here (LA) and watch it with me? :D

10. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(that was to Autie's news not you Brightsith...oh wait L.A oh nevermind that was for yours too heh heh)

Crap on a stick, I was looking forward to this too.

Ok lets go right now!! I'm at work but I'll play sick and leave.

11. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV?Your into exotic cars? :eek: I could talk for days about them! I was a good friend with the people that owned the Sacramento Ferrari dealership, I?m sure the fact I purchased a car from them had nothing to do with it. ;) (By the way they are in Walnut Creek now) We took their F-40 down Sunrise over the bridge at 150+. I wasn?t driving by the way, so would that be aiding and abetting? ?[face_plain]

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Crutag - Oh heck yeah! I wasn't driving either when we were in the F-40 and doing 160+. But we were in Bakersfield within a mere couple of hours! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.