Letterman Rocks!

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Shi-Bandarr, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Conan just doesn't do it for me afraid. And that dog puppet is about the most unfunny thing I've ever seen or heard.

Letterman, while not always hilarious, does make me laugh. In the clip section, check Dave and Steves Gay Vacation. Great stuff!
  2. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Now Craig Killborn...I think we can all agree that his show isnt' funny.

Have you ever noticed that he introduces himself?
  3. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

Kilborn hit his high on Sportscenter.

AYBABTU?

4. Shi-Bandarr Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually B'omarr, I think that's about the only funny thing about that show. It's so ridiculously stupid it's funny.

That opening bass line is pretty cool though.

His fascination with himself is just wrong. Ever notice how he's constantly looking at the monitors and primping his hair? Last night when he sat down, the first thing he did was pick up a mirror and check his hair. Talk about someone full of themself.
  5. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    On a side note, I went as the Hemroid-savior Raymond, from Conan's show, for Halloween this year. Not many people knew who I was. Luckily the bartender did (free beer for me).

Oooooooh, I hear your rectum's red and swollen,
    Raymond's here, Raymond's here
    Just put this cream around your colon,
    Raymond's here to help!
  6. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

I think the fact that Conan still does "In the Year 2000" is pretty doggone funny.

AYBABTU?

7. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    I think the NY Times (think it was them) got it right saying Letterman's the best interviewer.
    Leno only knows how to kiss arse and Conan's at his best with comedy bits.
    When Letterman's going one on one with a big name celebrity, it's usually gold:

Natalie Portman: "I'm studying psychology right now. I'm very interested in dementia, illusions and fantasy. Do you ever have fantasies?"
    Letterman: "Sweetheart, I'm having one right now"
  8. Shi-Bandarr Jedi Master

star 4
    Good point Kiki. Plus who else does interviews with political figures and news anchors, and can have an intellectual conversation about current events? Certainly not Conan or "Craigers."

That's probably enough gushing about Letterman for now. :p
  9. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    [face_laugh] kiki.

Right now, in the post 10PM nighttime shows, the Daily Show is the best for my money. It improved so damn much when Kilborn left and Stewart took over. He'd be my number one choice to take over Letterman's spot whenever Dave retires.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.