main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Letters to Anakin (Padme's letters to Anakin Skywalker over the course of their marriage)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Letters to Anakin
    Genre: Angst
    Time period: Post AOTC through post Ep. 3
    Characters: Padme and Anakin
    Author: VaderLVR64

This little set of letters was inspired by old love letters exchanged between my grandparents while he served in the Navy during WW II and between my parents while my father was in Vietnam. War seems to both inspire and destroy lovers, so I thought setting these letters during the wars and their aftermath would be suitable for Anakin and Padme. Are they full of flowery language and excessive emotions? Yes, but it is war and they are in love so perhaps they are to be excused...

My Dearest Ani,

You?ve only been gone a few hours and already I miss the sound of your voice and the touch of your hand. I can?t believe I?m Mrs. Skywalker! How odd that sounds, and how wonderful! I know we must keep our love a secret for now, but my love for you is a burning light within me and it pains me to whisper of it only to myself in the darkness of a lonely night. The nights are the worst. I reach across our big bed and I find only cold sheets, no warm Anakin. The pillow beside me is plump and empty. There is no blonde head resting there, no warm and lean body stretched out on my silken sheets. There is no one stealing the covers or flinging a heavy leg across my body. There is no soft snoring beside me, no quiet murmuring to disturb me. And I hate it.

I looked out over the lake this morning and I wondered where you were and what you were doing at that very moment. This lake will always be ?ours? in my mind. It was here that I first began to fall in love with a Jedi Padawan who had intense blue eyes and a mouth that tempted me even as I told myself I couldn?t kiss you. But then you kissed me first and I knew I was fighting a losing battle. This is the only time in my life I?ve been glad to lose! It was here that we became man and wife, where we took our fates in our own hands and claimed our love. I hope one day we can bring our children here and embarrass them with stories about us and how we fell in love. A Jedi and a senator who found love and wouldn?t deny it for anyone or anything.

Letting go of you was the hardest thing I?ve ever done. I wanted nothing more than to throw myself into your arms and beg you not to go. But duty calls us both to serve. You go off to fight a war that I tried desperately to stop. And now I find myself one of many who are sending off those they love to fight a war we didn?t want to happen. How many others are sleeping alone tonight, their only thought being the safety of the one they love? I need you to come home safely to me, Anakin. I don?t think I could bear to go on living if you don?t stay safe, my love. I love you, more than mere words can express. Words are too ordinary; we ?love? a favorite dessert or a holovid. But my feelings for you are more powerful than the Force and bigger than the galaxy. For now, I shall just tell you that you hold this ?angel?s? heart within your hands.

Love Forever and Always,

Padme

P.S. I found this charm in the market this morning. It is called a kirana, and it is the Nubian symbol of love. Please keep it close to you, Anakin, where I wish I was right now.
    My Love,

Still this war drags on and steals you from my side. The last time I saw you I noticed how exhausted you look, how defeated. My love, I fear this war exacts too high a price from you. You feel the suffering of those around you too deeply and it?s slowly killing you. Your eyes looked so haunted, so weary of the terrible sights you must see every day as you engage in yet another battle. I know you spend your days surrounded by blood and death and fear. I spend my days only in fear; fear that I will receive a communication telling me you exist no more. Every communication I open inspires a stab of fear. Will this be the one that breaks my heart?

When you stepped through our doorway and I saw you standing there, beaten and battered by the winds of chaos, I wan

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    :_| The letters at the end are SO SAD.

It makes me want to plant my foot up a certain Jedi's backside. :mad: That's it. I know I will not make it through EpIII without bawling like a baby.

Wonderful vig, VaderLVR, another masterpiece!

3. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    (cries) That's so sad! Poor Padme! She deserves more from life, but like Anakin, she was doomed from the start.

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Poor, poor Padmé... :_|

You write the emotions so well. I could feel Padmé's pain. Excellent job, VaderLVR64!

5. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    :_| :_| That's so sad!!!!!! :_| Poor Padme! :( Anakin was what made her want to live and what made her want to die, so terrible! :_|

Wonderfully written though. :)

6. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    That was so sad! I know I'm gonna cry during Eppy III, I'm sure of it.

7. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'm bawling like a baby right now.. Listened to Placebo - I'll be yours and that made me cry even more because while I read the last P.S. Brian Molko repeated 'yours.. yours' a couple of times.
    *daps eyes with tissue*
    Beautiful..

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I'm going to savor these letters, therefore I'll copy them now and review later. :) I'm really looking forward to these after reading your introduction. Anyway, until I return...up!

JD.

9. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Umm...I kinda just skimmed over those, but they're still sad! You ought to write Anakin's replies...at least to the ones he actually got! 8-}

*goes back to serious reading*

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    The letters were so sad. You eloquently captured the pain and fear of lovers separated by war.

I loved how the letters showed the progression and changes in their relationship - Anakin's gradual drifting away from Padme and her growing urgency to communicate with him.

hope that one day you will know our children and you will remember the woman who loved you. And I hope that they can save you when I could not.

Loved this foreshadowing.

Again, heartbreaking but beautiful.

*leaves to find a box of tissues*

11. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Forever Your Reluctant Angel

:_| :_| :_|

Oh bloody Hell! These are awful, even for an angstoholic like myself... :_| <back-handed compliment, BTW>

What happened to the kirana? :( It sounds like a good story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.