main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Letting go. For the MASH challenge and the PPP one post and with art, thanks for the noms

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Letting go. For the MASH challenge and the PPP challenge.
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (24) Yoda
    Genre: challenge, humor, mush
    Summary: Obi-Wan is taking a trial and meeting many beings in need. He helps and had to let go.

Note 1. For the M.A.S.H. quotation roulette challenge. I got number 9
    Henry: I'd be lying if I said I understood that. I'd also be lying if I said I cared.

Note 2, for the new Perpetual Picture Perfect challenge

Note 3, For the unofficial 'Get Obi-Wan and/or Qui-Gon naked' challenge.

Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

Letting go

?Young one to this place you go.?

Startled by the sudden appearance of master Yoda and stopping his run towards an exercise hall through the temple corridors immediately Obi-Wan Kenobi managed to utter ?what place?? The next thing he did was gazing towards the place where the gimer stick was pointing and it was a non descript piece of rock forming a unity with the rest of the rocky wall. He knew from teachings from his master that this rocky wall was one of the oldest places of the Jeditemple and he knew that there were caves. Those caves had been the first places for the Jedi to use and begin their order on Coruscant. ?This piece of rock??

?Looks deceiving they can be. Use the Force Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and approached the rock and walked and walked and was startled when he opened his eyes. ?Where is this? Did I enter some elevator that dropped me somewhere on Coruscant??

He was in an alley and walking towards a sidewalk where traffic was zooming past and he heard the indistinct mumbling of a being ?hungwy, pwease mistuh cwediws?

The beggar was sitting with his legs folded behind his head using his acrobatic skills to impress the man.

A man wearing rich embroidered clothes was standing in an arrogant pose addressing a beggar ?I'd be lying if I said I understood that. I'd also be lying if I said I cared.?

The beggar uncurled from his pose and whimpered, his voice slurred by the missing front teeth ?some cwediws, I need some cwediws to buwy me a simple meal.?

The rich man walked away giving him a haughty look.

Obi-Wan reached into a pocket of his tunics and said ?here I liked your acrobatics. Now you have enough credits to buy a decent meal and some more? and he gave the credits and saw the beggar entering a side street. He continued his journey looking for familiar points. ?It is the lower city of Coruscant. I have been here with Qui-Gon. Ah there is a place to go up? and he walked towards an elevator and was about to enter it when he saw a crying little girl.

Kneeling down in front of her and soothing her with the Force he asked ?what has happened??

Teary hazel eyes met his and she answered ?I have lost my cloak after I exited the transport that was taking me to my home and now I am afraid to go to my mommy.? And with a teary smile ?it was brown and like that cloak you are wearing.?

Obi-Wan grinned ?like this?? and he doffed his cloak. He gave the cloak to the ? now brightly smiling ? girl. ?That?s OK??

?Sure mister and thank you so much.?

?And here is your transport? Obi-Wan grinned and opened the door and saw her taking a seat inside.

?Thanks mister. I will guide Lira home? the driver said and gunned the engine.

Obi-Wan started to walk back to the elevator but was again stopped by a wailing voice coming from a dark alley and he headed that way. First he didn?t see where the wailing was coming from and he entered the alley and after some winding turns the wailing intensified and he saw a poor wretched creature crawling through a garbage heap wearing only a dirty loincloth that covered his dignity.

The man saw him and turned giving him a smile and pointing towards the boots.

Obi-Wan sat down and doffed his boots, his utility belt, his obi and upper tunics. ?That utility belt was a birthday present from Siri Tachi but I can get a new one. I will explain it to her and she will understand. That man will need it to secure my tunics to his body.? Clothes, boots and belt

2. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nicely done. Great use of the quote.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D=
    =D=
    :)
    I enjoyed that.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    That was sweet. I loved how you fit all those challenges into one story. Great job. =D=

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are amazing, dear bird. Simply amazing. All those lose ends were woven into a perfect carpet... [face_love]

6. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    That was amazing. Great work. I enjoyed it very much. Great read!

=D= =D= =D=

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I [face_love] the thought of Obi finding the flame - well done, Earlybird, well done!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was lovely!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's so typical of Obi-Wan to literally give all he has to help others.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    MiralukaJedi[face_dancing]

Jade_eyes@};-

Alexis_Wingstar[:D]

AzureAngel2@};-

GuNgAnFaN3090[face_dancing]

Valairy_Scot@};-

KELIA
    [:D]

Thank you so much for reading and your kind words.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all[face_dancing][:D]:* for the noms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.