Saga Letting Go (Obi-Wan, Anakin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Letting Go
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Summary: Obi-Wan lets go of the past.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin.
    Genre: Angstymush
    Timeframe: After TPM
    Notes: Written for the 'Obi attachments' challenge. Thank you to my wonderful beta Nienna!

Please don?t let it be dead!

Obi-Wan lifted the plant from its place by Qui-Gon?s bed and carefully stroked the leaves. He couldn?t believe he had forgotten about it until now ? although it was the first time since his and Anakin?s return from Naboo that he?d felt able to enter his Master?s bedroom. The green spikes were now drooping and the edges of the plant were turning brown. Obi-Wan poked a finger into the grey looking soil and discovered that it was completely dry.

Water, it needs water.

Carefully carrying it through to the kitchen he placed it on the worktop whilst filling a small pitcher with water. Slowly he poured the water on to the soil and watched as it soaked in, changing the color from grey to brown.

Good, that?s good.

He stepped back towards the sink and refilled the pitcher pouring on more water until it started to leak through the bottom of the container.

Too much!

Obi-Wan hastily grabbed a cloth and began to soak up the dirty water, picking up the plant and placing it in the sink as he did so.

He placed the cloth into the sink next to the plant and gently touched each leaf as he had seen his Master do?as his Master would never do again. Obi-Wan blinked back tears as he took the plant from the sink and carried it to a window; perhaps it needed some more light.

Obi-Wan placed it on the floor in a stream of sunlight that shone through the window. The light touched his hand and the warmth crept up his body. He couldn?t believe how good it felt. He sat then for a moment in the warmth with Qui-Gon?s plant by his side and closed his eyes.

It didn?t feel like more than a minute later when he felt Anakin shaking his shoulder and speaking to him in a low voice.

?Master??

Obi-Wan raised his head, groggy with sleep and realised that the sun had almost disappeared. He shivered as he sat up and looked into the semi-dark room.

?Anakin??

?Yes, Master?Are you alright??

Obi-Wan looked up to see the concern in his young apprentice?s face and reached out a hand to comfort him.

?Yes, I ?I must have fallen asleep?I?m not sleeping well lately?and -?

?It?s ok Master?I understand,? the young boy replied.

Obi-Wan stood and placed a hand on Anakin?s shoulder.

?How did your training session go?? Obi-Wan asked, moving to switch on the lights.

?Well?? Anakin began, a smile on his face. ?I really enjo??

He broke off when he saw the look of dismay on Obi-Wan?s face; Anakin followed his gaze to the window where Qui-Gon?s plant lay on its side, the soil spilled from the container and a handful of leaves snapped off.

No!

Obi-Wan hurried to the plant and gently placed it back into the container; scooping up the soil, he patted it back around the roots and crushed stem. He picked up the broken leaves and looked at them for a moment before placing them in his pocket.

He stood and set the plant on a low table.

?I must have kicked it over in my sleep,? he muttered shaking his head.

Anakin took a step towards Obi-Wan before turning to look at the plant.

?It doesn?t look so good,? he observed.

?It?s fine,? Obi-Wan replied. ?It will be fine?it belonged to Qui-Gon?I gave it to him years ago when I was a boy?It will be fine.?

Anakin nodded at Obi-Wan, reaching out a hand to wrap in the Jedi?s own.

?Yes, Master,? he replied blinking back tears. ?It will be fine.?

After a night of broken sleep, Obi-Wan rose early. Once more he carried the plant through to the kitchen and placed it on the worktop. He had kept it by his bed all night long in the hope that every time he opened his eyes it would look lush and green again, it would be standing tall? If anything, however, it looked worse
  2. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

:_| :_|

Oh, my... I got chills, that was so angsty-adorable. *sniff*

Awwwwwwwwwww......

*rubs at eyes*

Ani... he gave him a plant.

:_|

Great job, Kestrel_Kenobi!
  3. Magenta_Moonshadow Force Ghost

star 3
  4. jaina_clan_solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, that was so sweet Kes!

Poor Obi, trying so hard to hold onto his connection to Qui-Gon...

I love how you ended it with Ani giving him a new plant

=D= beautiful

jaina
  5. Alley_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Luna - *Passes tissues* ... thank you.. :)

magenta - aw, thanks!

jaina - :D Glad you enjoyed it.

Alley - Thanks for reading!
  7. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww... What a sweet vignette.

The angst had me all teary, but at the end I was overcome by a case of the warm-fuzzies. Great work, Kestrel!
  8. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awwwwwwwwww....

That was sad and sweet.

Very nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.