main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Letting Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons: A Renamed Characterization/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by female_obi_wan, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Had to go in search of this thread... :eek: :(

What was k_d's last question??

If Qui-Gon were around, either in the flesh or in ghostly form, what do you guys think he would think about how everything turned out? What would he think of Luke?

Hmmm, I believe that had Qui-Gon survived things would be different from what the movies have shown us, I don't believe he would have not at the very least tried to help Obi-Wan with Anakin had Obi still been training him... personal opinion.

Haloed Qui-Gon??? Qui-Gon would be a bit disappointed that Obi-Wan would have been so manipulative with young Luke, (the whole one's POV makes too easy an excuse to me) and not told Luke the turth about his father. I always thought it sad that the same man Obi-Wan tells Luke was friend is the same one he believes beyond redemption... (he's more machine now than man).

What would Qui-Gon think of Luke himself??? Qui-Gon seemed to take people as they were, yes he could get short (ha, ha) like his comment about Jar Jar being brain dead, but I think he would view Luke as haveing a very tough destiny on his hand.. the re-building of the Jedi Order is no easy task, and by someone who didn't have the experience or training that Jedi did in Qui-Gon's time?? I think by the EU, Qui would have been happy that Luke gave the Jedi a bit more leeway in thought and training, granted not allowing relationships and such would probably have killed any attempts at starting the Order again.

2. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Hey guys,

Even though I started this thread, as you may have noticed, I don't come back to it very often. So me and Layren (literally) just decided that this thread would be locked and she could start a new one, because she still posts here a lot...is that okay with everyone?

*nervous*

Qui Thread Mark II, you could say. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.