Lou, KY Lexington Comic and Toy Con March 14-16

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jan 12, 2014.

1. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Okay this deserves it's own thread now. The number of Star Wars guests coming to this one (if they all show) is getting ridiculous. You would have to go to a Celebration to see some of these stars and some I haven't even seen there. They just added John Morton (Dak) and Tim Rose (Ackbar). That's in addition to Jett Lucas, Felix Silla (Ewok), Mike Quinn (Nien Nunb), Eric Walker (the original Mace), voice actor Tom Kane (Yoda) and Daniel Logan.

http://lexingtoncomiccon.com/guests.html

https://www.facebook.com/lexingtoncomiccon
    Last edited by jedimika, Jan 12, 2014
  2. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow and yea I'd heard about this line up. Appo and I already have rooms booked for this one, we got them about 4 months ago. :cool: We'll be there from the 14th to the 17th.
  3. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just added Ralph Brown (Ric Olie) and George Takei (Lok Durd). Oh Myyy.

I hope this show doesn't get toooo big. It's been so well organized in the past.
    Last edited by jedimika, Jan 25, 2014
  4. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow this is impressive. I may have to drop by.... Will depend on scheduling.

And I am now costume less.....lol!
    Last edited by Darth Lupine, Jan 25, 2014
  5. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Just so everyone knows, Blue Moon Clan will be invading deep this year. We're looking to have Mercs from clans as far as the Carolinas showing up. It's gonna be Merc turf this year.

I'm trying to establish a dinner at Mellow Mushroom pizza on Saturday night... let me know if you're interested and I'll add you to my roster.
  6. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks for the invite Dar. Not sure what the 501st is doing yet, might do something with them or might want some time away to myself by the end of the day.

Forgot to mention another Star Wars related guest...Bob Mcleod...he did a couple of the Marvel Star Wars comics.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bob_McLeod
  7. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow I simply can't wait for this Con. It's going to be pretty epic.

Thanks for the invite to the Mando dinner Dar.. [:D] But Appo and I are already committed to be with the Legion this year for dinner.

We'll see one another lots though my brother. [face_batting]
  8. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Good times. Eric Walker and Jett Lucas didn't make it but there was still a lot of Star Wars love. Got some face time with Zannah, Appo and Dar Friday night which made me happy. Saturday was a madhouse so I hid in my hotel room except for going to Dar's Mando Merc panel. Sunday ran into Dar again and he now has a meeting Daniel Logan in the hotel bar story to tell as well.
    This was only the 3rd year and the lines were crazy long (but it seems like people were still happy) and there's talk about growning it even more next year. Keep your eye on this one, this could be the start of something huge.
    Would be interested to get Zannah and Appo and Dar's feelings on this too.
  9. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm pretty much in total agreement with you on this Mika, keep an eye out on this one it's promising to become an epically HUGE event.

The crowds were too much for me on Saturday as well but we were committed to helping the Legion out so were kinda stuck on the floor. It was all good though as we had a great time.

Wow I'm so happy we went ahead and got the Honorary Memberships for the new Sith club on Friday night. Saturday would have been impossible for us to do and poor Appo would have been doing it alone. I think my favorite celebrity was Barbara Goodson.. voice over of Mother Talzin from the Clone Wars Cartoon. She is so utterly personable and wow what a personality! I even got to speak in the Mother Talzin voice with her a short spell on film and it was loads of fun! =D=

Mika, we were very happy to run into you and the Lady Mika on Friday night as well... it was truly the highlight of our weekend as we really enjoy intimate company with good friends the best in any situation. I've never been one for packed crowds of strangers, so the actual Saturday Convention floors at these local cons are kinda too close of quarters for me.

We ran into Relin on Saturday afternoon, it was a brief encounter as he was already leaving. It's amazing that we didn't see him other than that, we were on the floor most of the time. That goes to show you how large this event has gotten and how utterly... PACKED the floor was. WOE!

Another nice evening was the dinner with the Legion on Saturday night. We went to a burger place that had the best burgers around for sure and had a very nice time speaking with folks.

All in all we're looking forward to the next time, but next year we more than likely won't be going for the whole weekend. Time to start saving money for Celebration Anaheim in 2015. Our spending is now on lockdown but good and tight. [face_money_eyes]
    Last edited by Lord_Zannah, Mar 18, 2014
  10. Commander APPO Jedi Master

star 1
    Had a great time meeting/running/talking/filming/meeting/running/talking/filming….. did I say that twice??;) It felt like a lot more.
    Seriously there were tons of SW celebrities and it felt almost like CVI. Zannah and I were on a mission for our fledging club to induct some honorary members. I think we did 7 on fri and 2 on sat (whoooo what a rush). We met with all kinds of people celebs, old friends, made new friends, tried to recruit some new folks (not sure how that'll turn out). If you haven't had a chance yet check out Zannahs fb page I think she posted the inductions.

OK (takes in big ole deep breath) we talked/inducted-Tim Rose, John Morton, Daniel Logon, Tom Kane, Mike Quinn, Ralph Brown, Barbara Goodson, Jim Cummings and drum rolllllllllll our own Dar… All of these people are really super to converse with and It'll be a long time before I ever do that again.8-}[face_beatup][face_relieved]

I do have to say the highlight of the weekend was spending some quality time in the pool hall with none other than.=D==D==D=

MIKA, SARAH,and DAR
    We just had a great time visiting and enjoying each others company.. Thanks for the memories you all..;)

BTW the burger joint was Hugh Jass burgers and we got to enjoy of the 501st guys taking the burger challenge of attempting to eat a (I think this is right) a 5lb burger fully loaded with a hugh tray of fries (within 25 min) needless to say he didn't make it and had to cough up the $28 bucks for the meal.
    Last edited by Commander APPO, Mar 19, 2014
  11. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Very cool! and congrats Dar!

So Relin you were there too? How would you rate the con?
  12. Relin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Yes, I was there on Saturday. I wish I would have done the three day thing and got to hang around with you all. I would give it a four. It was a good con with a few minor problems ..I.E.....the costume contest was on the stage outside of the main hall and the sun was shining where it was hard to get a good picture. Also, the microphone was going throughout the whole complex so they wound up with the host just yelling so you really didn't hear as much about tat the same he contestants. Also, for some reason, this was scheduled at the same time as the costuming panel so I didn't understand the logic there. I wish they would have done all the Q and A's on one day. Other than the crowds, those were my only complaints. I don't know if it's true but I did hear they were adding another floor next year.
  13. DarKyram Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I had a great time seeing everyone there. :) LexCon was a blast.
  14. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  15. Lord_Zannah Jedi Master

star 2
    Thank you Mika.... Appo and I will be forgoing Lexicomicon next year... too close to ... drrrrrrrrrrrrrum roll please.... Celebration VII Anaheim! [face_party]
  16. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I suspect that will be the story for a lot of our local Star Wars fans. But I'm hoping there will be a large group of Star Wars guests again at LexCon next year like there was this year for those fans that can't make it out to Celebration. I went ahead and made LexCon room reservations even though it's way to early to know if I'm going. I can always cancel them later.