main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LFL events

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Jul 18, 2015.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    There was a couple questions at the meeting this afternoon about the E7 premier. I promptly reported that it was an official LFL event for those with approved costumes only. A suggestion was made that the RMFF could possibly do something at a theater that is not doing an official LFL event for the premier. I just got off the phone with Scott M., the CO of the MG and this what I learned from him:

RMFF is not an official costuming group in the eyes of LFL (just a fan club), so yes we can do something at a theater not on the official LFL event list. Scott is waiting to hear on what the official theaters will be so I can pass that on to you guys. Technically you can show up at any theater, it's just that the 501st/RL/Mando Mercs/R2 BC (aka "the costuming groups") will have to fill the costuming slots that are requested by LFL. Since LFL calls on the costuming groups and not on the fan groups (which the RMFF is part of) then RMFF can participate where they want to but cannot claim they are participating with LFL. I hope that all makes sense. Personally I would like to see the RMFF pick up a theater or two where the costuming groups will not be participating in to share the SW love. The costuming groups might get spread out thin depending on how many theaters are on the LFL list. But RMFF can negotiate with any theater they like.

As for the Sep 4th (Toys-R-Us?) event, Scott informed me that none of the costuming groups can do any corporate retail events until Nov 1st. I asked if that included RMFF. He said quite the opposite, that again RMFF is a fan group and can pick up those events if they want to, but again cannot claim we are participating in an LFL event. Anyone in a costume can go to the retail events. Example: (if I wasn't working that day) I could go in any of my 501st costumes with you guys on Sep 4th, but cannot say I'm with 501st or get any trooping credit for it since it won't be a 501st troop.

Sporting events like Rockies game on Aug 22nd are for the most part LFL events, and they do call on the costuming groups for those. The sports arenas have put a limit on how many and which costumed characters they want (all the costume slots for the Rockies game have been filled already). That does not prevent the fan clubs from coming in costume to enjoy the sporting event as long as you have a ticket.

In conclusion, RMFF can participate in anything they negotiate directly with theaters, retail stores, etc. These events may or may not be official LFL events, but as long as we are not claiming that we are participating in said events we should be good to go anywhere.

I'll do my best to keep a list of official LFL events that the costuming groups will participate in here so that we can co-ordinate and keep a line of communication open. As each event comes along I hope that the POC's for those events open separate topics as usual in a timely manner to keep things in order. I'm just here to make sure we all understand about LFL events and to be sure we co-ordinate with the costuming groups as more and more events open up. It's going to be a busy year, however I want everyone to enjoy each moment of as many events as possible.

Please post questions, and if I don't know the answer I'll ask Scott (he's my go to guy at the moment, LOL). Thanks.

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.
  2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    So we can do our own thing because we're not a costuming group, got it. We just won't tell anyone we're an official event or that we'll be providing costumed characters.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    We're free from the burden of being official. That gives me a warm glow inside.

nnaydolem, AuttyBot and he-guy like this.
  4. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Good info and random.... your salad was delicious! :)

5. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Very informative post. Thanks Lynelle!

AuttyBot likes this.
  6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Good info to know. Thanks for sharing Lynelle.

7. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Posted on the garrison boards a few days ago:
    Sept 4th will be Force Day, the day that retailers will be swamped with SW toys and such. There is talk, but no definitive plans or details yet, that the garrison will do a few Toys-R-Us events. It looks like all the groups (including this one) might be invited since LFL relaxed the costuming requirements for this a bit. I'll keep you informed as I get details on this. If someone knows of a retail store (Toys-R-Us or otherwise) that wants us there for Force Day please volunteer to be POC, including communicating with the garrison to coordinate. My summer schedule is quite busy these days....

AuttyBot and DieWompRatDie like this.