main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[LFL Projects] LFL Threads and ILM threads?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth-Seldon, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I like posting in the Lucas Film Projects Forum. Discussions usually focus on Indiana Jones, THX, Willow or other Lucas films. Now there is little traffic in the thread and it does not usually get more than a few people talking. I thought that if we allowed discussion on any LFL or ILM type movies there could be more discussion.

So a short list of movies that could be discussed would be,
    Indiana Jones
    THX 1138
    Willow
    ET
    AI
    Jurassic Park Trilogy
    Close Encounters
    Minority Report
    as well as other ILM films

I just thought this would add more discussion and make the forum a better place.

ILM was created by GL and so in a way it is a Lucas Project.

-Seldon

Asked and answered, and I follow all of jp-30's old policies in my LFL modship. :)

2. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Any comments?

I'm asking if in the Lucas Film Projects Forum, if we can create topis on other ILM projects also.

-Seldon

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'd suggest reading thie LFP "policies" thread here, I think the discussion therein already covers what you're asking.

ILM effects

Discussion of Industrial Light & Magic's contribution to films. There are about 200 movies that have had contributions by ILM, and a dozen or so in the works.

There's a great listing here; www.ilmfan.com

There is not room in this forum for a general discussion thread on each of those projects - the YJCC is better suited to that, but discussion centered on ILM's contribution to those films is fine.

I'm not going to close threads down if threads stray a little from the ILM contribution and into plot or whatever, but the main theme of the thread should be within the boundaries of the forum.

If you want to allow "general" ie. plot discussion of films ILM contribute to, say Pirates if the carribean, you'd better make a case as to why LFP should allow that discussion when there's already the YJCC & Amphitheatre for exactly those sort of topics?

And (in general) if you want LFP to cover a wider range of topics, I'd recommend using that policies thread to bring up your ideas within the LFP forum itself, rather than here in comms, which is far removed from those who actually post over there.

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thanks JP
    I was just wondering about it.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.