main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY LGA 2012 Agenda

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Wanted to give everyone a head?s up on what kind of activities I?m looking for the LGA to be involved in for 2012. There will certainly be some additional events that some of us will be taking part in as members of other groups but I wanted to have a separate LGA list.

Each event will have its own dedicated planning thread (if it doesn?t already). Note that nothing is set in stone.

January
    Star Wars at Alley Theater (already a thread up)

February
    The Phantom Menace returns to theaters. We?ll start planning a month or so in advance. We need to think if we want to go Friday or Saturday (or another day or both!) and if we want 3-D or 2-D (if available) and where we want to see it.

April
    Conglomeration- I have to work this weekend (again) but I?m still planning on an LGA Friday night room get together.

May
    ?May the Fourth? celebration (Falls on Derby Eve/Friday this year)
    Wonderfest- I?m sure Jammies will be entering some models and we?ll be there to support him!

August
    Celebration VI (already a thread up)-For those of us going (a majority I think) our varied interests and specific goals will keep us running around separately most of the convention but let?s try and make some LGA time as well.

October
    Light the Night-Vox will head this up (I?m assuming) and let us know how we can help.
    Charlestown Star Wars Day ?Date TBA

November
    Begin Xmas charity planning?Salvation Army, Toys for Tots

Some ?On the Bubble? events and/or possible new additions to our event calendar
    - Assorted SW author Book Signings? I?m hoping some will come up.
    - St Paddies day parade?
    -Lexington Comic and Toy Convention-March 24th. This is a first year event. It?s only a one day event but the local Mercs are planing to have a table.
    -Free Comic Book Day (First Saturday in May as usual) I have to work this year but if someone is in good at a store and wants to head this up I can loan you the LGA banner and some table swag.
    -Fright Night Film Fest? At the Galt House this year. If there are Star Wars guests I may go to make them feel welcome to Louisville but I won?t be involved with the organizers again until I see they can put on a respectable show.
    -Caufield?s Halloween Parade?

Any other events we do that I forgot? Anything we should add? Any activities anyone wants to create or take charge of?

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Looks FAN-tastic Mika. Thanks for doing this for us... truly. Thank You. [:D]

3. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    The best part of all...

THE SKULL KING WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!

....Just sayin'.

Oh, good job, Mika, for posting this.

4. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    I'm very, very excited about seeing the saga in 3D in the theater.

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Me too! I would have preferred they start with Episode 4 first, but I'll take what I can get, especially if I get to see it on the big screen in 3D!!!!

6. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Seeing PT first = "Daddy why did you always say Darth Vader is so scary if he's just that whiny tool?"