LGA Table Top Gaming thread

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I know I re-started the thread, but then life happened. And then, Ms. Jammies reminded me about more life that will happen. So, I'm looking at the end of July. Sorry.

Also, the newly annonced wave looks cool. Almost too cool. I do like the Lando Crew card, and have added that to my "proxy x-wing" version of the game. I don't think it is really that useful, but it is a fun card.
  2. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Well looks like Fantasy Flight is putting out another miniatures game, this one with the capital ships sized down (not sure what the scale is) to a size that will fit on your table. "Star Wars Armada"
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=270
    I doubt I'll invest in this...I like the dogfighting with XWing the best even though I haven't had time to play it.
  3. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
  4. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Definitely picking up armada. I want Star Destroyers.....

And when are we getting togheter to play some Xwing?!?
  5. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    We've been saying we want to, I think we just need to do it.
    Um, X-Wing Bachelor Party?

Also, I posted my cap ship game, any thoughts from the group? Would this be something we would want to play at some point? Maybe before Armada comes out, but after I finish building another Star Destroyer.

Did anyone see the Land-Based Star Wars game FFG just announced? Looks interesting. Less a minis game then a board game it looks like, but I can't really tell.
  6. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I'd be down for some X-wing Bach Party
  7. Yoda_Jammies Force Ghost

star 4
    Sting. Just realized its been twelve months since I played a round of Xing with another person. My homebrew proxies are still in a box somewhere but if anyone wants to play and has minis for me: lets do this. Weeknights are best.

Gotta get in some flight time before Xwing batch party.

Also, attention sponge that I am, still soliciting comments about my cap ship game. Yeah, I know I'm fishing for attention... but also wondering if the gang would be interested in a round or two. Armada won't come out for another year.
  8. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sorry, haven't been able to check out the cap ship rules, having some computer issues (glad I just got a smart phone) but I'm always happy to play test one of your games Jammies.
  9. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Were are the rules, would love to check them out.

Xwing tourney at Pet Shop Comics Saturday. Thinking if going. Hmm. TIE Defender list? Hmm....

Edit, I see them above, duh! Very interesting rules. You have all the ship data cards?
    Last edited by Darth Lupine, Aug 27, 2014
  10. jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hope you go compete...give us a run down of the event afterwards if you do. Just as well I'm out of town this weekend anyway, I would need a lot of refresher/practice time before a competition.
  11. Darth Lupine Jedi Master

star 1
    Did not make it to the tourney, alas.

Still want to throw down some Xwing soon!
  12. VoxDeamonicus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Seeing how we would be plying at your stag party, I say play the game if you want.