main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY LGA Table Top Gaming thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, I know I re-started the thread, but then life happened. And then, Ms. Jammies reminded me about more life that will happen. So, I'm looking at the end of July. Sorry.

Also, the newly annonced wave looks cool. Almost too cool. I do like the Lando Crew card, and have added that to my "proxy x-wing" version of the game. I don't think it is really that useful, but it is a fun card.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well looks like Fantasy Flight is putting out another miniatures game, this one with the capital ships sized down (not sure what the scale is) to a size that will fit on your table. "Star Wars Armada"
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=270
    I doubt I'll invest in this...I like the dogfighting with XWing the best even though I haven't had time to play it.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  4. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    Definitely picking up armada. I want Star Destroyers.....

And when are we getting togheter to play some Xwing?!?

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    We've been saying we want to, I think we just need to do it.
    Um, X-Wing Bachelor Party?

Also, I posted my cap ship game, any thoughts from the group? Would this be something we would want to play at some point? Maybe before Armada comes out, but after I finish building another Star Destroyer.

Did anyone see the Land-Based Star Wars game FFG just announced? Looks interesting. Less a minis game then a board game it looks like, but I can't really tell.

6. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I'd be down for some X-wing Bach Party

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Sting. Just realized its been twelve months since I played a round of Xing with another person. My homebrew proxies are still in a box somewhere but if anyone wants to play and has minis for me: lets do this. Weeknights are best.

Gotta get in some flight time before Xwing batch party.

Also, attention sponge that I am, still soliciting comments about my cap ship game. Yeah, I know I'm fishing for attention... but also wondering if the gang would be interested in a round or two. Armada won't come out for another year.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry, haven't been able to check out the cap ship rules, having some computer issues (glad I just got a smart phone) but I'm always happy to play test one of your games Jammies.

9. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Were are the rules, would love to check them out.

Xwing tourney at Pet Shop Comics Saturday. Thinking if going. Hmm. TIE Defender list? Hmm....

Edit, I see them above, duh! Very interesting rules. You have all the ship data cards?

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hope you go compete...give us a run down of the event afterwards if you do. Just as well I'm out of town this weekend anyway, I would need a lot of refresher/practice time before a competition.

11. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Did not make it to the tourney, alas.

Still want to throw down some Xwing soon!

12. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Seeing how we would be plying at your stag party, I say play the game if you want.

13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Ive got an Xing rules question that id rather post here then in some dark and creepy game site.

The other night, we played where if, during the movement phase, you overlapped a ship that HAD NOT ACTIVATED yet, then That DIDN'T count as overlapping (because in theory that inactivated ship wasn't really there to be bumped), but it appears from the rulebook and the FAQ that a bump is a bump. The rules do not distinct between an activated or inactivated ship.

So, is it an overlap or not?

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    It is an overlap.

15. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    It's an overlap, and the overlapping ship would forfeit its action step, etc. wether the other ship has moved yet is irrelevant.

16. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Ok, I am looking to have some gaming sessions with y'all. I am free on Saturdays around 6 till about 10pm. Let me know if any of you are interested and we can set up a time and place to play.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The wife and I are interested. PM incoming.

18. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Not this Saturday, but soon.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Twisty for organizing and 11-11 for hosting. Han and his squad of Corellian Z-95 Headhunters defeated Vader and his Imperials.

20. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Lol....don't get cocky kid!

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Just got the Decimator and wanna fly Imperial style for a while.

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  23. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    FYI, the Louisville Wargaming group on Facebook is having an X-Wing Tournament. I think it just started so those who are interested might be able to jump back in.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm not on Facebook...is this them?
    http://www.louisvillewargaming.com/

It looks like the Xwing is a League play thing...not sure I have the time to commit to it. I'll probably just stick with our pick up games.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Might be cool. League is a time suck though. I'd thinki it be neat for some of us to try a tourny though. See if the LGA can bring home the gold.