main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Liam Neeson Possibly Returning to the Star Wars Franchise??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Tyler, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    and if it wasn't for Jar Jar they would never have been able to liberate Naboo.:D
    All Hail Binks.^:)^:p

2. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That actually sounds awesome :p

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    He is dead. I saw him getting killed!!! :D

The only possible way I could see him return would be in a holocron or as a force ghost, but since he wasn't a prodigal jedi, he didn't matter to Luke, nor did he have any emotional connection with the post-imperial Jedi generations. It's only Neeson's speculation, nothing more.

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He was apparently the one who rediscovered the Force Ghost technique, and taught it to Yoda and Obi Wan (how Anakin was able to do it at the end of ROTJ is anyone's guess). So there's that.

6. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing more Qui Gon, but I prefer Ewan's Obi Wan, he's just the best.

Trebor Sabreon and Dak Oolron like this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Liam Neeson returned to the Star Wars franchise in 2011, and again in 2014.

If he returns once more it'll be his third return.

8. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Yet, for some reason they claimed in SW CW, that the Jedi deemed it impossible to retain consciousness after death (despite the fact that EU had done it in kotor). Didn't Yoda learn anything from Jedi holocrons? Ah, I forgot, EU doesn't matter anymore... [face_whistling]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    if there is some rise in the dark side, it would be cool to see Qui-Gonn and Anakin appear and give Luke guidance.

hartman89 likes this.
  10. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Luke would be like "I cleaned up both your messes and became a better Jedi than either of you with a fractional amount of training compared to you two, I got this. You guys should go be in Paranormal Activities, because I'm kind of a badass in this franchise."

11. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Neeson was probably the best thing about TPM. But then again, that's not really saying much (in my eyes). Qui Gonn was pretty much the poster boy for the PT Jedi. Dull, uninteresting and extremely stoic. I can't see the value in having a standalone about such a character? *shrug* ;)

12. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Well, we know Gui-Gon is 'alive' as a force ghost, whether he would have any relevance to the ST? I don't know, but he did discover the secret to immortality, train Obi-Wan and unearth Anakin so obviously there is something in the fact Qui-Gon saw the force differently to the other Jedi. I can 100% see him in the Obi spin-off though.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    You're 100 % correct. He did accomplish all that, for which he deserves credit. But he was still as dull as wallpaper paste.

Dak Oolron and Lord D'arg like this.
  14. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
  15. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    This is interview clickbait, it won't happen. He said the same nonsense about playing Ra's Al'Gul in Arrow. Whatever. Hold your breath for it and you'll suffocate.

Dak Oolron and Jcuk like this.
  16. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    I wonder if Palps still takes over if Qui Gon doesn't recruit Anakin...Like in an alternate universe I wonder what happens from that point on if he just sees Anakin and treats him like any other kid with a chili bowl?...

17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Never say never... I really hope he and Ewan get the opportunity to work with each other again.

Trebor Sabreon and hartman89 like this.
  18. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    This is also my biggest disappointment not only of Episode III, but of most New Years Eve parties I get invited to

19. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    For some reason the mention of Midichlorians makes me think of toilet bowl cleaner - kind of like scrubbing bubbles. "Sani-bowl! New and improved, with even more Midichlorians for greater cleaning power!"

Sum-Wan likes this.
  20. hartman89

Dec 29, 2014
    SW just wouldn't make sense then...Midichlorians is what ties the saga together in a sensible way. What's next? A problem with the prophecy?

21. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Saving Jar Jar-> handing powers over to Palpatine
    Saving Anakin -> ultimately dooming the Jedi

Qui-gon's awesome!

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    To be fair, as much as I HATE Jar Jar with a burning passion, he didn't hand Sheev anything. He introduced the motion, but it was everyone else who voted to ratify the thing. And then to keep giving Sheev more and more power over the years. It was a senate-wide screw up.

23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL... oh boy some of the more recent posts make way too much sense, but no matter, I'll still root for another appearance from Master Jinn as long as he does not make another fine mess (although I won't complain if he looks fine while making it.) ;)

24. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    *reads recent discussion*

<.<

: (

25. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Why the sad face?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.