main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Liam Neeson to join TCW! (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by stevehamann, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevehamann

stevehamann Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2010
    Video and Pic on Entertainment Weekly:

insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/liam-neeson-star-wars-clone-wars-exclusive/

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Working link

also, clip contains spoilers for an upcoming arc.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Wow it really looks like they are wrecking the movies :rolleyes: - how is Qui-Gon's return possible since that was new thing in ROTS[face_worried] - looks like they forget the logic now completely- is this end of the Star Wars..... ok ok i try to think this is cool and amazing -but still- is there anything they cannot do in this show?- apparently no.... Maul and Qui-Gon are supposedly dead - or is it so movies never happened? Is Lucas insane.... i cannot say but Mortis arc is very very dangerous- i don't think they can any more make it work with the movies.....

oh there was a video too- can anyone tell what is Qui-Gon's last sentence- i cannot understand it with that echo.... something... something.... Chosen One

So Mortis is place where the Force flows- i don't really like this idea it is supposed to be energyfield created by all living things- so is all life in the universe from Mortis:rolleyes:

4. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I don't care what anyone says; This is awesome.

5. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    To quote one of the posters on that link, tmoth41, "Sweet mamby jamby!!"

Soooo excited for this. Qui-Gon was my favorite prequel Jedi!

-JR

EDIT: I could see how this would be a problem with continuity...maybe Qui-Gon doesn't go into detail on how he is there or maybe Obi-Wan just assumes it was not real since it says in the article he is dreaming when that sequence happens...so that could keep the scene at the end of RotS still in tact right??? Grasping at straws here...maybe Obi-Wan was feigning ignorance with Yoda to find out more details or was being submissive to the master...gah who knows...still excited!

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    What is Qui-Gon's last sentence?

i think i am speechless- as long as Force is energyfield created by living things and Qui-Gon cannot be seen outside of Mortis i don't care...

7. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Also, this bodes well for the Mortis arc; after all, Liam Neeson isn't exactly struggling for work at the minute, so presumably he agreed to do this because he thought it added something positive to the characters and the plot.

8. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Why would Obi wan ignite his lightsaber in seeing Qui-Gon? :(

9. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Easy now, Swash... for all we know this whole Mortis thing is like the cave on Dagobah, in which case Qui-Gon isn't a Force ghost, just visualized as such. ;)

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Ha. This made my day. :)

11. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Wouldn't you be surprised if you saw your deceased teacher standing and talking to you? ;) He probably thought it was a trick! In the context of the arc, apparently a lot of wiggy stuff happens on this planet. Obi-Wan was probably on his guard for the next threat...I'm guessing!

12. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    True. He's been working his butt off to keep busy ever since his wife Natasha died in 2009. Besides, his sons
    are STAR WARS superfans (gee, I wonder why?), so he'd love to become involved in the franchise again.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah yeah- oh and Mortis is not source of the Force but amplifier of it so Force is still coming from life but going through Mortis it becomes stronger- that's why it's strong in the galaxy even though it's universal- yeah bit odd but will do- i don't still like the way they overwrite the movies- in ROTS Obi-Wan was very surprised about Qui-Gon's return and this scene weakens it a lot- well maybe Obi-Wan later understood that his vision may have not been "real Qui-Gon" he was there because Obi was there- so it's like the cave- only that what comes with you can be found....

still bizarre thing- i actually foresaw this somehow- check out my speculation i wrote yesterdayo_O The Force is strong with me:p

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Watching the clip again, I'm a bit dissapointed by Obi-Wan's lack of "emotion" towards seeing Qui-Gon back from the dead for over 10 years.

EDIT: Whatever, it's Qui-Gon Jinn! :)

15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Haha yeah I was think that too XD

Sort of like seeing a dad figure for the first time in a long time.

Qui-gon: "HI SON!"
    Obi-wan: *paranoia* IT'S A TRAP!!! [face_worried]
    Qui-gon: Al...right then..

I was too.. at least a disbelieved "Master..?" please..

But yes yes~ Qui-Gon!

16. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    "There is no emotion, there is peace."

Jedi are actually supposed to repress their emotions. We tend to forget that a lot of the time because so many of them seem so universally bad at doing so. Obi-wan, though, I think has matured into a "Jedi's Jedi" and so emotion isn't a large part of his existence...Anakin's eventual betrayal being the one thing that would so thoroughly crush him.

Still, if he believes he is hallucinating or being tricked, that might also explain it. Nevertheless, this is excellent news and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks with even greater anticipation.

17. stevehamann

stevehamann Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2010
    I think igniting his lightsaber is a natural response if Obi suddenly sees his dead Master. Probably pretty upsetting.

As much as I'm psyched about Liam/Qui-Gon, it kind of takes away from ROTS when Obi SO surprised Yoda was communicating with him. But I agree, this could be construed as a Degobah esc vision.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Exactly.

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Wow! Now this is a surprise. I purposely did not watch the clip so I won't be spoiled but I'll just comment how awesome that Liam Neeson agreed to do this. I can't wait.

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'd say it's a double surprise. Not only Qui-Gon Jinn is in the show, but Liam Neeson is doing his voice.

I'll say this again: This news made my day.

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, there you have it. Seems like we have the answer as to how this whole place is to be interpreted. It is indeed like the Dagobah cave.

"What's in there?"

"Only what you take with you..."

22. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If this is indeed a dream, it contradicts NOTHING in Revenge of the Sith.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't think it's a dream. However, I think it would be better if he had appeared to Yoda instead of Obi-Wan (not saying it can't happen in the future, though).

Now that I think of it, since Neeson is in the show maybe he recorded his RotS cameo for the Blu-Ray release.

24. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I thought the same thing about the bluray. And if he did that.... OH BOY! Hurry up, September.

25. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Not sure what to make of this to be honest, but its great that Liam Neeson is coming back to the Saga - This is the same Liam Neeson who everyone said hated the Prequels and would only work with George Lucas again when hell froze over! [face_laugh]

Just hope this means that at the same time when he was recording for CW Liam might have recorded the scene where he talks to Yoda to put back into the ROTS Blu-Ray.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.