main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Libby Montana's, May 3rd, 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SySnootles, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    There is a restaurant in Mequon called Libby Montana's. It's owned by Mark Metcalf, an actor whose credits include The Master on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the series, The Maestro on Seinfeld, Nedermeyer on Animal House, the Dad from that one Twisted Sister video, etc...

I want to go. And I thought maybe others would like to go, too.

The plan is this Saturday, May 3rd. I'm thinking around 6ish. I've never been there, but I'm guessing that they accept reservations. If more than six of you are interested, I'll be calling for reservations. So, if you'd like to go, please let me know by Thursday afternoon. I would need a tally by then.

I have requested this gathering be posted in the Activities page. At least that's where I think it should be going. That way maybe it would reach others who are also interested, yet don't visit this neck of the woods regularly.

So, sound off!! Who wants to see me make a fool of myself if Mr. Metcalf's actually there?

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We're in. Sounds like a hoot.

M

3. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Count me in. :)

4. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    We mustn't forget the crossbow wielding, rabid dolphin snack in One Crazy Summer. The name was Beckerstead...that was his last name, I can't remember his first name in that movie.

Anyway, add two more to the list.

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    As much fun as it sounds, I don't think I'll be driving down. 19 more days till I graduate and I can come to almost everything!! Damn Oshkosh...

6. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Oops...I meant DARN Oshkosh...SORRY!!! That's my bad.

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'll kill you later.

Jeff

8. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm sure you will... *cowers before the Mighty CR*

9. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    He has a weakness, just like the big spider in Zelda..just go for the eyes. You'll be fine Megan.

M

10. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Thanks for the tip, Marcy. I'll have to grow out my nails then...

11. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Anyone else up for Libby Montana's?

12. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't know what the status on this is, but Kelly and I can go if you push it back an hour or so...

13. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    An hour or so, say 7ish or 7:30ish? Would that be alright with everyone else who's planning on going? I'm going to try to make the reservation tonight.

Oh, and I wanted to add a poll into this thread, but I don't think I can do that. Existing thread and all. So I'll just take a verbal poll.

For those who are interested in going, are you going because:

A) You are interested in trying a new restaurant.

B) You want to hang out with "the group"

C) You think seeing Mark Metcalf would be cool.

or

D) You want to watch Catie jabber like an idiot and look like a deer caught in headlights if she sees Mr. Metcalf. And maybe even drool on herself.

Just curious.

14. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to say that my reason was a.) or even the group thing...but my real reason is to get to see Catie freak out. I don't think I've seen that and that itself is worth the effort. Sorry Catie..but the whole dinner and show thing sounds appealing right now.

M

15. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    No need to apologize, Marcy. I appreciate the honesty.

I called in the reservation last night, so we're on for Saturday night at 7:30pm.

I have no idea what the menu is, except they have Pot Pies and an incredible dessert called "Chocolate Bomb" which I'll be trying, even if I have to take most of it home. I also have no idea what the prices are like. So, plan accordingly.

The reservation is for eleven. You know who you are. If anyone else wants to come, let me know so I can call and up the number. I'll post the actual address in a bit. I think it's something like 5618 W. Donges Bay Road. That's in Mequon. I'll verify that for you all.

16. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    "...they have Pot Pies..."

No drug references! :p

17. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I live very close to Mequon but Kevin will be in town visiting from Ft. McCoy. I will have to ask him if he's interested first. Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

18. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I went to the website (Well it was a Mequon website but it was listed.) Here are some directions:

From Milwaukee

North on I 43 to the Brown Deer West exit.

Go west (left) on Brown Deer approximately 3.5 miles

To Green Bay Road, also known as 57,
    Go North (right).

Go North on 57 until the second stoplight,
    West Donges Bay Road.

Go West (left) on Donges Bay Road ¼ mile.
    Libby Montana is on the North (right) side of the road just before the railroad tracks (approximately ½ mile).

19. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm so looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night and watching Catie trip all over herself should Mark actually be at the restaurant. :)

20. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Alright, Cally and I just got home from a bit of running around, which included a dry run to Libby Montana's. Marcy's directions were perfect, so if you follow them, you should have no problem. As for pricing, figure about $20 per person, unless you're getting the Filet Mignon (which I most likely will be) or comsuming copious amounts of alcohol (which I won't be). The $20 comes from about $10 entrees, with drinks and whatevers. I'm looking forward to it!!

21. Idaara

Apr 29, 2002
    I had so much fun last night! It's cool getting together with y'all...wish I could do it more often. And it's too bad Mark wasn't there, Catie. It would have been fun to see you squirm if he'd come to the table. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.