main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Liberty and Custody (EU, Rogue Squadron, concurrent with The Krytos Trap) PG-13 (Sitrep 4/3)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediAlly, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Title: Liberty and Custody
    Author: JediAlly
    Main Characters: Corran, Wedge, Tycho, Mirax
    Supporting Characters: Rogue Squadron, Iella, Winter, Ackbar, General Salm, General Cracken, Halla Ettyk
    Rating: PG-13, Intimate scene at the end
    Author's note: This is a "hidden chapter" that takes place between Chapters 44 and 45 of The Krytos Trap. The author recommends that the readers read Rogue Squadron, Wedge's Gamble, and The Krytos Trap to get a sense of the background to this fanfic.

?Sir, on behalf of the New Republic Armed Forces, I withdraw all charges against Captain Tycho Celchu.?

?It is with great pleasure, Captain Celchu, that I say this case is dismissed. You are truly free to go.?

With those words, Tycho felt a sensation he hadn?t felt since being captured by Isard. He told Wedge that even after his escape from Lusankya, the suspicion that he was a brainwashed agent of Isard meant he was still a prisoner of the Empire. Now, the final chain of imprisonment was broken. He was truly free.

He looked at the members of the Tribunal one by one and found himself wondering what their verdict would have been. He knew that Admiral Ackbar and General Madine were open-minded, so he would never know how they would have voted. As for General Salm, Tycho knew from the start that Salm had already made up his mind; hence he really couldn?t call the Tribunal completely impartial. The look on his face when Corran said that General Cracken knew the truth all along, and seeing him now fume with disbelief, anger, embarrassment, and perhaps some other emotions, make all the difficulties he put me through worthwhile, Tycho grinned inwardly.

He shifted his gaze towards General Cracken. He knew that what Halla Ettyk said about Cracken turning him into a pariah was cruel, but also knew that Cracken did what needed to be done. Just as he accepted long ago that for those people who were beyond redemption, like Tarkin, the Emperor, and Isard, the only appropriate punishment for them was death. He made certain Cracken saw his nod of acceptance. He also wondered how the trial would have proceeded had the Tribunal consisted of Cracken, Salm, and either Ackbar or Madine. Given how two of the members had already made up their minds, his fate would have been in Ackbar?s or Madine?s hands.

He then looked at Corran and remembered something he told Wedge. The only way I can be free, truly free, is for the Empire to be destroyed. I know, as it falls apart, someone somewhere will have the information that will set me free.

Tycho then thought to himself, The difficulties in finding the information to set me free would have made such a mission impossible. The exact criteria needed to make it a Rogue Squadron mission. I was hoping that a Rogue would be able to do this, but I definitely didn?t expect it to happen so soon. If Corran hadn?t earned the right to be considered a Rogue after helping us knock out Coruscant?s power, he has by now.

A part of him would never be able to repay Corran for setting him free. Now, he can take the fight to Isard, Erisi, and the rest of the Empire with the full support of the New Republic behind him.

Just as a very devious idea entered his mind, he saw Corran give him a very wide grin.

?I take it Wedge hasn?t gotten back at you for your joke at Borleias?? Corran asked.

?Of course he hasn?t,? Tycho said, stating the obvious.

Corran?s grin got even wider. ?In that case, if you?re thinking what I think you?re thinking, I suggest you stop. I?ve already thought of it.?

Tycho chuckled, his eyes glinting in expectation.

?Is there something you want to let us in on, gentlemen?? Ackbar asked.

?Just a little surprise I want to pull on Wedge and the others. Why don?t you, the generals, and Commander Ettyk accompany us to where Rogue Squadron is heading? I?m certain you?ll enjoy this as well.?

Tycho shook his head, chuckling. ?Fliry Vo

2. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    He he he. That was great. It really pulled everything together. I epecially like your treatment of Corran. Definiatly write more of the Rouges. Thanks.
    ~Rosy

3. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    [image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif][image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif][image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif]

[image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif][image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif][image=http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/images/icons/woot.gif]

That was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW is all I can say.

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow! You've put a lot of thought into this one, JA. I'm really impressed with the way you tied all the bits together, not just with Tycho and Corran but with all the characters. Your knowledge of the RS books is marvellous.

I especially liked the way you wrote Corran, and I loved this bit:

He looked at the hilt and blade, trying to image how Nejaa Halcyon felt when he used it. Corran had to admit the lightsaber felt good in his hands. He activated the display again to bring up Nejaa Halcyon. ?With this lightsaber, you were able to deliver justice to those who needed it most during a time of great conflict. You?d be pleased to know, Master Nejaa Halcyon, that this lightsaber helped to deliver justice to those who needed it one more time. Thank you.? Pressing the button twice, he deactivated the lightsaber and returned it to the display case and its owner.

I liked it because it depicts Corran's voice really well, and also because it builds up a nice bit of dramatic irony for those who know how later in IJ, Corran finds out the truth about Halcyon.

I enjoyed your explanation of the way they used Emtrey - yours goes way beyond the books. Nice bit of analysis. Another thing that impressed me was the way you wrote Cracken. I think this is the best characterisation of him I've seen because you show Cracken's dilemma as Head of Security and Intell. Not the sort of job for the faint-hearted.

Nice little scene at the end, too. :)

Great work, my friend. :)

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ohhh excellent start! I love how you write Corran and Mirax, and the reunions were awesome. :) Can't wait for more! Wait, it's just a one poster...noooo! ;)

6. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Awesome! Really nice little story. I especially loved the prank that Corran played on the rest of the Rouges. ^_^

:~:Targeter:~:
    :Explosion Girl:
    :*BOOM!*:

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I love filler stories. I think take me into custody was my favorite line. ;)

8. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Rosy - Happy you liked it. Corran and I like to look at things analytically.

Psycho - I can tell from the animation that you're a happy camper. Maybe should check my other fanfic, a finalist for the Most Underrated Fanfic award.

Tahi - That was the one thing that made this fanfic easy. Corran's history's already a blown datafile. I'm also glad you like the ending.

padawan - Sorry. It's just a one-poster.

Targeter - I'm hoping it outdid the prank he pulled in Rogue Squadron. You want more of Corran, go Mcheck my other fanfic, a finalist for the Most Underrated Fanfic award.

Rebelmom - I figured that would be the best way to end this fanfic. Perhaps the only way someone who escaped from Lusankya to actually be happy being "taken into custody" again. Makes you wonder about Tycho and Winter, eh? <snickers>

9. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I too love fillers. Good work!

10. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Thanks Rogue.

11. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    *stunned silence* WOW

Absolutely wonderfully written... al I can say is WOW

12. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Thanks, Lumi. You should check out my other fanfic. Corran's in there too.

13. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    oh, I most definately will

14. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Happy New Year!!

While I'm here, I'd like to ask you for your opinion. Do you think I should submit this fanfic to the TF.N fan fiction archives?

15. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    MMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM MMMMMMM that was awesome i espescially loved the ending!!!

16. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Thanks JAGSGURL. Might I interest you in checking out my other fanfic. Corran's mentioned in ther too.

17. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Hello, everyone. Thought I give you all a situation report.

A Gathering of Light
    The transition is coming along. First off, I decided to merge the second and third sections together. Thus there will be four parts: The Summoning, The Class Gathers, Lessons, and The First Test.

Transition Progress
    The Summoning: ~90%
    The Class Gathers (Meetings and Tests): ~70%
    The Class Gathers (The Class Gathers): 0%
    Lessons: 0%
    I thought the first part was complete, but I got some more info on Alex Winger, and I'm planning to add a section on her.

Don't expect any postings until I have the second section complete, which I'm hoping to do before the month is over. But I can say this - what I wrote about Tionne, you can forget. I'm doing a complete overhaul of her personality now that I know a bit more of her background.

Liberty and Custody submission
    Beta-reading: Success
    Submitted: Success
    Accepted: Failure

The reviewers who looked at this fanfic rejected it. They informed of their reasons, but I need some more details. I got a question for those of you who submitted a fanfic that got rejected: can I contact the reviewers in order to find out from them where and what exactly were the problems?

Other info
    I got another filler fanfic nearly complete. I asked for info o a character, but I got no response. Looks like I'm going to have to go ahead without the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.