main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Antics

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by Sandy, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm doubtful we'll be getting the Melbourne Library this month. Its a very nice facility but I've run into two signficant problems.

1. Its not clear if they will be running another used book sale this weekend.

2. I've violated the mandatory window for publically posting that "assistance for the hearing impaired" will be made available upon request. This has to be on public notice for at least 5 days in advance of the meeting and I'm still trying to get an idea how they require this public notice.

Do we want to use the alternate of Satellite Beach or Titusville this month?

Sandy

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    After work today I'll stop by and see if the room in Titusville is even available on Saturday, and I'll let y'all know one way or the other.

I've seen signs for a library in Cocoa around 520 and US 1, but I've never been there. I could check there on Thursday, but that's pushing it timewise for this weekend.

-Katie
    Thumper

3. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Well, we'd better get some backup plan in order. If not the library, then we should stake out a flat piece of earth at Wickam Park, or get a spot on the beach so Buzz could go surfing.

Art?????

Sandy

4. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Did you try the Vierra Library Sandy? I'll give them a call in a bit and see if that's available.

I'm working on it. There will be a meeting location up by COB today.

5. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    update:

called the Cocoa and Merrit Island Library's and they are both booked this weekend.

Tried calling the Vierra one but the lady I need to speak with is out till 1pm.

I will try the Titusville and the W. Melbourne Library before I just give up and say meet at Wickham

6. Sandy

Jan 16, 2002
    Art,

Yes, Vierra is where I've violated the "hearing impaired notice" timeline.

Sandy

7. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    okay

I struck out with the W. Mel library. I'll try the main library and Titusville and then get back to the board.

8. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Okay. The only library I could get a room in this weekend was the Titusville Library.

Katie is going to go there today after work and fill out the form and check the time.

She'll post directions and time once she has done that probably later tonight.

here is a link to the library if you want to check out a map. They have a direct link to yahoo map.

http://manatee.brev.lib.fl.us/locations/nba/nba.htm

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey everyone.

After work I went to the Titusville library to fill out the paperwork for the room. I did so, but the person that has to process it left before I got there. The reference desk people said they'd give it to her tomorrow and I'll give them a call in the late morning. Once the room is confirmed, then I'll post it in a new thread. Hopefully they'll ignore that section about the five days' notice for hearing impaired that Sandy ran into.

If this falls through, then someplace like Wickham might be our best bet.

As I know, so will you.

-Katie
    Thumper

10. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Parking lot. Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center..... Or we put the meeting off untill the third week of Nov to get more time.
    But if the weather stays the way it is it might be kinda nice to break out the trunks and bikinis and head to the beach for the meeting. I have a freind down there I may go surfing with anyways so I win no matter what happens.

11. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I like Buzz's alternate idea. The beach sounds cool, I just can't get a sunburn, cause I have homecoming on the 8th. lol.

Problem is, getting Marlana near the water. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.