main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library [Library Thread] GAME THREAD NOW OPEN! GALAXY AT WAR PART IV; PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by pashatemur, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004

[hl=navy][color=red][b]GAME THREAD NOW OPEN! -[/b][/color][/hl][color=silver][b][hl=navy] GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: THE PRISONER OF CORUSCANT[/hl][/b][/color]

[hr]

[hl=silver][link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/31352692/p1/][color=navy][b]GO TO THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT GAME THREAD HERE![/b][/color][/link][/hl]

[hl=navy][color=silver][b]LINKS[/b][/color][/hl]

[color=navy]I've moved these links up from the bottom of the page so they aren't lost to notice.[/color]

[color=navy][b]If you have images and artwork you'd like to contribute, please follow the link below and contact Corellian_Outrider about posting in the Gallery thread in Fan Art.[/b][/color]

[hl=silver][link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/31354083/p1/?0][color=navy][b]GO TO ~THE OFFICIAL GALAXY AT WAR GALLERY: Works inspired by the GAW~ HERE![/b][/color][/link][/hl]

[hl=silver][link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/31352692/p1/][color=navy][b]GO TO-THE GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: PRISONER OF CORUSCANT GAME THREAD-HERE![/b][/color][/link][/hl]

[hl=silver][link=http://boards.theforce.net/Role_Playing_Forum/b10328/19852125/p1][color=navy][b]GO TO-THE GALAXY AT WAR PART III: SCHISM OF THE SITH-HERE![/b][/color][/link][/hl]

[hl=silver][link=http://galaxyatwar.tripod.com/][color=navy][b]GO TO-THE GALAXY AT WAR PART III: SCHISM OF THE SITH GAW III IMAGE GALLERY compliments of Lady Whilla-HERE![/b][/color][/link][/hl]

2. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    GALAXY AT WAR PART IV: THE PRISONER OF CORUSCANT

GM GAW IV pashatemur

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/pashatemur/RPG%20Icons/200px-Coruscant_view_EII_1.jpg]

After 12 years of intermittent yet intense war, the Galaxy is now finally at peace ? a tentative peace. General Grievous finally destroyed on Malachor V, the Confederacy in disarray, their leader, the insane Quaemena Ayesha fled with the one who calls himself Yuuzhan, and their Council routed, the Empire can now redirect its might and resources.

The Senate mired in patronage and intrigue, the Ruling Council rife with infighting and dissipation and the Council of Moffs, a powerful collection of war lords, these are the legacy of Palpatine. Engineering a droid or engine was one thing, now Anakin must ?fix? the Empire, before it?s too late?

Welcome everyone! Consult the followingGOALS, PROCEDURESandCONDUCT for instructions concerning getting started and rules of play. We will utilize LIBRARY THREAD(S)in ROLE PLAYING RESOURCES to list character sheets, factions and other informational and instructional posts.

CHECK PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.

[b][color=firebrick]GOALS[/color][/b]

[color=navy][b] Lord Vader is known publicly as the knighted Sith who was the Emperor's Supreme Military Commander and Imperial Executor, the wizard who was once a Jedi and is now an intimidating and severe instrument of the Emperor?s will. To many he is the adamant enemy that brought about the end of the Republic or the traitor Jedi in their midst! To his system, he is a hero and the Re Mavrat of Ursa and to his family, he is a man who is valiantly trying to reclaim a life twisted and destroyed, a man struggling to build a new galaxy out of the ashes of the injustice and ruin constant war and greed have wrought. His enemies, some, admittedly of his own making, number many. His goal, rebuilding what has been lost and to persuade his enemies of the need to build a strong coalition. The goals of those who would counter him: to unseat and destroy him, or use him to their own ends.
    [/b][/color]

[color=firebrick]Successful role play in GAW: [/color][color=navy] How do I win a ?play? since this game is not numerically based ? no dice, no standardized rewards system of skill sets, levels or moves, etc.

1. GAW is a writer?s game and gaming successfully is dependent upon how well you ?walk in the shoes? of your character observing the inherent rules and logic of the environment you have set for your character. Do not expect other players to simply comply with your character?s plans. Persuade or coerce accordingly in game, according to your character?s persona and support his/her actions in your narrative:[/color][color=firebrick] Credible.[/color]
    [color=navy]
    2. To have any veracity, your characters must respond to stimuli even if they are stubborn, negative, ornery or robotic. No matter how subtle the reaction, if your character is an astro-mech, he will likely employ repulsors when faced with a rocky incline, etc., and your calculating Sith, hard bitten as she may be, will indeed flinch when a plasma bolt streaks past her view port. Shields will not only flash with friction, but will likely spike the energy consumption of your ship:
    [/color][color=firebrick]Receptive.[/color]
    [color=navy]
    3. Additionally, unless you mean to characterize your character as emotionally, mentally and or sensory impaired, he/she/it will respond to unexpected stimuli with adaptive response, the degree of growth, of course is a matter of your characterization: [/color][color=firebrick]Develop.[/color]
    [color=navy]
    4. Technical capacities and registering damage: As rigorously as we think we may be in reporting/describing weapons and ships, for example, there is always a creative written tacti

3. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Is this where the game is going to reside?

4. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    MEMOS FROM THE GM

1. Hello Omi. Good Question! No, the Game Thread will reside in the RPF Games forum. This Thread is a resource library for GAW IV only. The Game Thread is still being prepared and will be up shortly (a matter of days, in fact.) I am currently loading the Character Sheets that I have. Please peruse and send me any notes, CSs, amendments or additions to the current lists in the first post.

2. Recaps of past plot lines will be covered as returning character introductory posts are made in the game thread. However, those of you, who wish, may send me any particular histories, recaps, and spec. for your characters, organization and systems.

Also, I want to thank all of you for your long, long patience and aid in getting this game back up and running.

Pash

5. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
  6. Pluck47

Pluck47 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 20, 2010
    Is this were i can join?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.