1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Licence to Clone (Star Wars...007 Style)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Dubya_Scott, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry. I'm having severe computer problems. I'll be back as soon as possible...
  2. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: So, way back on October 3rd, my computer was infected with some malicious software that corrupted my hard drive. It was "out of commission" for two weeks while Geek Squad repaired it. Now I'm back in business (but with all those viruses out there that get through all the virus protection I'm paying for, who can say for how long?). Really sorry for my unexpected absence. Let us continue...

IC: Rax, Rex, Shasta, Sharkey, Antares, med-droid, IG-86 droids
    underground cloning facility

Ewlla asked Antares, "Are you able to shut down one without the other?"

Antares paused. "Uh, I'm not sure. I know I can access the stasis chambers, but..." He began searching through the system. "Give me a minute..."

The Pantoran agent Rax Chopchura commented, "I guess we should find some way to get these cloning chambers out of here and hand them over to the Republic."

"That's easier said than done. Didn't you see the size of those things?" Rex Heaven said.

Outside in the corridor, the four IG-86 assassin droids marched closer.

TAG: Sithy, AMNDRAG

IC: Killifer, Wrister
    somewhere in the underground facility

The clone called Wrister had carried the injured Finn Killifer through the facility to reach the hangar bay. They were trying to escape.

"No, no! We can't abandon the facility. All that money and hard work, not to mention all those future clones we're leaving behind..." Killifer complained.

Wrister set Killifer on the floor and said, "Ah, shut up." He rushed over to a Royal Naboo N-1 Starfighter. And motioned to an astromech droid that waited nearby. The droid beeped and booped and hurried over.

"What's going on? What are you doing?" Killifer asked frantically.

"This starfighter was prepped for just this sort of occasion," Wrister explained. "The facility was never expected to be attacked, so we didn't stock up on assassin droids. So this astromech is programmed to fly you to safety."

"What about you and the rest of the facility?"

"We clones were ordered to blow the facility and everything in it, should the need arise, to keep anything from falling into the wrong hands."

"You cannot be serious?!" Killifer exclaimed. "Who gave you those orders? I didn't authorize that?"

The astromech was fitted into place in the N-1 fighter, and Wrister picked up Killifer. "Come on. You're getting in that cockpit."

TAG: possibly Sithy (if Nifesta finds his way there)
  3. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: The Last Bolt, ?Randy? the random Droideka nrc, Lieutenant Ewlla Iillor, Windsor Barracks, Cloning Control Room

The metallic tool-packed globe that housed the Last Bolt artificial intelligence while the vessel of the same name, was being customised by Palpatine-edict, had not been idol since being abandoned in Windsor Barracks.

But it had taken an embarrassingly long time to come up with a viable plan.

Although it had not, so far, used its shield generator, it was going to have to, as part of its cunning plan.

Rolling around the sandy floor of the barrack grounds, it approached, but stopped short off, one of the Trade Federation droideka guarding the republic forces, guns and legs akimbo, shield globe activated.

The droid intelligence studied the crackling rose-tinted shield?s harmonics for the exact frequency.

[forty-five minutes later]

Ah-ha! LB thought. An energy shield wrapped round the football-sized globe, and it rolled with purpose to the back of the droideka, segueing (probably the wrong word, but it would let the historians worry about that) through the other?s shield barrier to just beneath the Colicoid destroyer droid?s base.

PHM!

Randy jerked upwards a couple of inches as LB ballistically fired a miniature grappling hook up into the droid?s base panel, and belatedly noticed, as un-spent liqui-cable dribbled down into its own innards, that had probably been unnecessary, and a waste of a crampon.

It rolled over to drain the liquid out, then rolled back, extending graspers and a data interface to hijack the CIS automaton.

Cloning Control Chamber

Now that the thrill of finding and freeing the General had worn off, lessons that Ewlla had learned in the military, began to come to mind.

Even then, she could have normally relied on the clones to worry about all that.

Except all the ones round here, were dead.

?Well, if we are going to be here a while, we should probably look at securing the area.? She uncrossed her arms and gestured at the MI5 agent dressed as a clone trooper. ?Rex, Rax, whatever your name is; with me.? The officer wandered towards the doorway that Nifesta had departed through, then just before she crossed the threshold, called back, ?And someone see if they can unblock our comlink frequencies, please. I?m assuming it is not just-?

Her voice tailed off as she spotted the four assassin droids in the corridor, marching inexorably towards her!

Tag: Any
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Shasta, Rax, Rex, Antares, Sharkey, med-droid, IG-86's

"Rex, Rax, whatever your name is; with me." Ewlla ordered, taking charge of the situation.

"I'm Rax," the Pantoran responded, sliding the voice-altering helmet back over his head. He followed behind Ms. Iillor as she headed for the door.

"And someone see if they can unblock our comlink frequencies, please." Ewlla spoke again.

Antares popped his head out from behind the computer console. "I just passed by a communications program a second ago. I'll go back and shut down the jamming signals."

Rax, who noticed the approaching assassin droids out in the corridor while accompanying Ewlla, looked back into the room. "Uh, you better activate those two droids you hacked. We've got company."

"Company?" Sharkey questioned, reaching for his lightsaber. It wasn't on his belt. "Uh, oh."

"Ah, crap," Antares mumbled under his breath. "Why do I have to be the only technologically gifted one on this team?" He quickly keyed commands into the device on his forearm and the two droids he hacked earlier came to life. "Activated and ready for orders."

IC: Killifer, Wrister, R4-D4

Killifer was secure in the pilot's seat of the N-1 starfighter.

"I can't pilot this thing!" Killifer exclaimed.

"You don't have to, sir," Wrister responded. "The astromech can fly the thing on it's own." He looked up at the droid. "Alright, R4. You know what to do. You were programmed for this."

The astromech beeped in response.

Wrister slid down the ladder and ran over to the hangar's control panel. The droid started the ship while Wrister opened the hangar bay doors. The doors opened slowly, but would soon reveal a wide tunnel that slightly slanted upward until it opened up into a large cave on the planet's surface out in the middle of a barren patch of desert.

TAG: Any...
  5. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Agent Mitch Nifesta, main cavern.

The twi?lek slowed into visibility as he arrived in the main cavern of orangey-brown rock, the clusters of clone incubation pods illuminating the subterranean space.

Mitch stopped on the edge of an outcropping, and looked carefully over the edge into the stygian depths beneath him.

?Alright. Where in Hapes did they go??

Nifesta noisily hawked up some gob, the anti-social act echoing around the chamber, and prepared to hawk into the depths, when he heard something.

Ship engines?

Down here?

Okay.

The agent re-traced his steps until he could get a read on where the noise was coming from, ran along a rough-hewn dim tunnel which met up with a brightly-lit, panelled corridor, and followed signs referring to a hangar bay!

?Oh, I?ve missed this.? He admitted to himself, happily, then jumped through an oval-cornered hatch into a low-ceilinged hangar, at the moment occupied by the familiar canary-yellow of a Naboo N-1 starfighter. ?Halt, in the name of the law.?

Mitch decided to stay near the hatch, lest the starfighter?s pilot turn the craft on her repulsors, and shoot one of those energy torpedoes his way.

6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Killifer, Wrister, R4-D4, Shasta, Rax, Rex, Antares, Sharkey, med-droid, IG-86's
    Underground facility

"Halt, in the name of the law."

Wrister, who was keying in commands at the hangar's control panel, turned to see the Twi'lek agent appear out of nowhere.

R4-D4 began maneuvering the N-1 fighter into the wide tunnel.

"The law?" Wrister repeated. "You mean the Republic's law? The same Republic that's run by corrupt politicians and the supposed peace-keeping Jedi?" He quickly hit the ENTER button on the console and the commands were initiated.

An alarm started wailing throughout the facility.

- - - - - - - - - -

A-WOOGA! A-WOOGA!

Back in the stasis control room, an alarm sounded.

Rex Heaven covered his ears. He already had a headache from lack of alcohol, then the stun beam...and now this?

Shasta spun around to look at Antares, who was standing at the only working computer console in the room. "What happened? What did you do?"

"Don't look at me! I didn't do anything." Antares dropped back down into the chair and looked at the screen. Big red letters were scrolling across it in Aurabesh. "Uh, guys... It looks like this place is going to self-destruct."

Rax asked, "Why would Killifer blow up his own facility?"

Sharkey headed for the door. "It's been compromised. We have to --"

He was abruptly cut off when the attacking IG-86 droids began firing.

TAG: Sithy, AMNDRAG...
  7. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Selena and Teras

The alarm sounds blared as the cloning faculty got ready to blow.It was chaos as the agents raced towards the exit.

Rax asked, "Why would Killifer blow up his own facility?"

Sharkey headed for the door. "It's been compromised. We have to --"

He was abruptly cut off when the attacking IG-86 droids began firing.

Selena cursed "I don't have time for this!" She bagain firering.

"Oh for the love of Mandalore" Teras muttered as the assassin droids attacked. He started to fire when he remembered his wrist rocket lancher. Smiling and pointing it at the droids he said "Hey clankies! Say hello to a little friend of mine!"

Selena turned to Teras in horror and shock "Wait Teras! Don't..."

It was too late! The misstle fired directly at the droids.

TAG: group

OOC: I would have continued but I figured you guys would like to do something with this situation.
  8. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Shasta, Sharkey, Rex, Rax, Antares, med-droid, IG-86 droids...
    stasis control room

Teras decided to fire missiles at the on-coming droids. Considering the close-quarters on the room, and the fact the droids were practically at the door to the control room, the ensuing explosion would probably cause some serious damage.

Selena tried to stop Teras, but it was too late. The missile had been launched.

Antares ducked down behind the console where he had been working. Shasta swore and jumped to take cover behind one of the stasis chambers. Rex Heaven followed.

The Pantoran Rax Chopchura was standing in the doorway with Ewlla Iillor. When the missile was fired, Rax had a quick flashback to a time when he was serving as Senator Chuchi's bodyguard. Someone started shooting and he pulled the Senator down to the floor and used his body as a shield to protect her. Luckily, neither he nor the Senator were injured in that situation. But here and now, as that situation flashed in Rax's mind, he grabbed Lieutenant Iillor by the shoulders and leaped away from the door. With Ewlla underneath him, he used his body as a shield by laying over her.

Sharkey, being Force-sensitive, could sense the missiles path a split second before it even left the weapon. Not being quick enough to divert the missiles path, he quickly threw out his arms and tried to use the Force to push the inevitable explosion away from everyone...or at least shield them from the blast. His eyes were shut and he concentrated as hard as possible. Then, the missile hit it's target...

TAG: Sithy, AMNDRAG...

OOC: Just keeping the situation moving. If either of you felt I "god-moded" there (with the movement of Ewlla or the impact of the missile) please let me know and I'll rewrite my post.
  9. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Agent Mitch Nifesta, Lieutenant Ewlla Iillor, Elaborate Underground Base

His attention concentrated on the humming starfighter ? probably doing so because it didn?t know the words ? the twi?lek hadn?t noticed the clone trooper till he yelled sarcastically back, regarding ?the law?: ?The law? You mean the Republic's law? The same Republic that's run by corrupt politicians and the supposed peace-keeping Jedi??

Mitch paused to think about this. Then, ?Yep, that one!?

He could see the yellow craft lining up with the opening set of double doors at the far end of the tunnel, and satisfied that it was not going to turn to shoot at him, immediately got braver.
    He levelled his salvaged blaster carbine, sighted down the macroscope and loosed a volley of golden plasma bolts at the canopy and fuselage.

pow-pow-pow-pow-pow

A-WOOGA, A-WOOGA!
    Went the public address system.

?Awooga, huh?? Mitch echoed, narrowing red eyes behind his dark glasses. ?What?s that then? Nadiem for, ?let?s gets the frag out of here???

Back in the Stasis Control Room

Half in the corridor, and half in the entrance to the stasis control room, Ewlla looked up as the public address system A-WOOGA?d her mind off the oncoming assassin droids, which was a feat in itself.

A volley from one of them exploded the edge of the doorframe into plastic and rock splinters, as she pirouetted out of harm?s way, back into the room, he back to the interior wall, and her arms wrapped tight round her own torso, and eyes tightly shut.

?Wait Teras! Don?t??

Ewlla snapped her eyes open to see what someone was telling Teras not to do, and caught sight of a pair of wrist-rockets coming her way!!!

She flinched away, like that was going to fragging help, then felt a hard, heavy mass hit her, and pull her with it down to the floor!

Fade to black

Tag: All

OOC: To clarify my placing of everyone, I have Teras and the bulk of MI5 in the Stasis Control Room, the Wrister-controlled droids in the corridor outside the room; and Ewlla at the entrance between the room and corridor, meaning that regardless of where the enemy droids had progressed to by now, the wrist rockets would have to go past her to reach their targets.
  10. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Rax, Rex, Shasta, Sharkey, Antares, med-droid, assassin droids, R4, Wrister, Killifer (did I miss anyone?)
    Underground facility

Everyone in the stasis control room had braced for impact as the missile flew through the doorway, narrowly missing Ewlla and Rax, and hit the oncoming droids. The explosion blew the four attacking IG-86 droids to pieces. Sharkey Force-pushed the fire and debris as best he could. Some dirt and smoke and embers came through the doorway and into the room, but most of the fire and chunks of droids were pushed away from the door. The explosion had rattled the walls and ceiling of the room. The durasteel walls were cracking and chunks of rock and dirt were falling through. The glass walls along the corridor outside the room were shattered and blown open, glass and other debris dropping down past the large cloning chambers and into the cavern below.

Sharkey lowered his arms and opened his eyes. He tried to catch his breath. A burst of cold air hit him that had blown in from the large cavern. Through the doorway, he could see what remained of the attacking droids. It wasn't much. A few of those little bits were on fire. "Everyone alright?" Sharkey asked, looking around the room.

- - - - - -

In the hangar bay, R4-D4, slowly piloting the N-1 Starfighter out through the tunnel, panicked when the ships sensors informed him that they were being shot at by a being below. There wasn't much space to maneuver and dodge the blaster bolts, by R4 tried anyway. The Starfighter tilted slightly, it's right wingtip clipping the edge of the tunnel's ceiling. A few of the bots still hit the ship, one of them hitting R4.

The astromech wailed out in that mechanical voice as sparks flew out of his dome. The Starfighter then took a quick nosedive into the bottom of the tunnel, it's tail hitting the ceiling.

From the control panel, Wrister could see the Starfighter wedged cock-eyed inside the tunnel. He also noticed Killifer in the cockpit struggling to get out.

Wrister swore and turned to fire his blaster at Nifesta.

TAG: Sithy and AMNDRAG...
  11. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Ewlla Iillor. Mitch Nifesta

Ewlla could not hear anything. Well, that was not strictly true, not true at all in fact. There was a monotone of high-pitched whine in both her ears that almost distracted her from the heavy weight sandwiching her to the floor.

"Are you alright?" She whispered to her saviour, breathing through her mouth to keep from smelling the acrid smell of smoke.

Mitch stood and whistled at the carnage that his shots had caused, as the N-1 ploughed nose-first into the cave floor.

What was this, frakking Amatuer Night? In all honesty, he had expected the yellow starfighter to be shielded, impervious to his available firepower.

The whistle died as the twi'lek spotted Wrister turn to aim his blaster in his direction.

"Oh, please," he muttered with derision, focussing the Force in the clone's direction, in an attempt to pull the gun from the armoured soldier's grip.

12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: all my people...
    Nadiem - underground

Over the alarms, Rax thought he heard Ewlla whisper "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am." Rax got to his knees and reached down to help her up. "But what about you, Lieutenant? Are you alright?"

Antares came out from his cover behind the console and glanced at the screen to see if any damage had been done to it. It appeared to be working. But the screen was flashing red and had Aurabesh words written across it...and numbers counting down.

"Hey, guys," he started. "Remember that self-destruct sequence?" He pointed at the console. "We've got less than 5 minutes to get out of this place before it blows."

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in the hangar bay, the control console flashed the same countdown clock/ But Wrister wasn't looking at the clock at all. He had been firing at the intruder, then his blaster was suddenly yanked from his hands and flew toward the twi'lek. "What?!" He watched the blaster fly through the air in front of him. "A Jedi!"

Wrister pulled two thermal detonators from his belt, armed them and rolled them along the floor in the Force-user's direction. Wrister then bolted for the downed N-1 Starfighter.

13. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I am still around. I thought I had posted before, but I guess the board problems must have swallowed it, or made me abandon the effort. I will have a post up in a couple days.
  14. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Sorry to do this Sithy, but I'm just gonna steamroll to the end of this thing. I'd rather not drag the game out any longer than I have to. I lost interest in it myself a while back (hence, no recent posts). Plus, it appears the Mods closed down my Library Thread since there hasn't been anything updated recently. Feel free to post your characters' escape if you wish. But in the coming week, I'll request it be locked. Also, thanks for sticking it out to the end, Sithy. It can be difficult to play an entire game with just two people remaining. Thanks for the support.

IC: everyone
    underground - somewhere on Nadiem

The clock was ticking. The facility was going to self-destruct in a matter of minutes.

Jedi General Sharkey ushered everyone out of the stasis control room. "Come on. Let's go."

"What about Nifesta?" Rax questioned. "He's still in here someplace."

Shasta answered, "Judging by the a-wooga alarms, I'm sure he'll figure it out. Besides, he's survived worse situations than this. Trust me. Now, come on. The lift we used to get down here is back this way."

As they made their way down the glass walkway through the cloning chamber cavern, blaster bolts came from behind them. Rex Heaven was hit in the back with one of them. He dropped to the floor.

Shasta swore and ducked low to the ground. As she turned, she saw a few more IG-86 droids marching toward them.

"And I don't have my lightsaber, so I can't deflect those bolts," Sharkey commented, dodging the incoming fire.

"Hold on," Rax said. "I've got this." He pulled his clone helmet off and flipped it over. Reaching inside, he flicked the little switch and pushed the button, just like Q'u showed him back on the Flying Eyeball.

He then tossed the helmet down the walkway toward the droids. It rolled for a few second then exploded.

The blaster fire suddenly stopped. Rax smiled. "Thanks, Q'u," he said aloud.

Antares said, "Uh, don't mean to interrupt all the fun you're having, but we're only down to 3 minutes."

The group hurried onward.

- - - - - -

In the hangar bay, Wrister managed to make it to the large tunnel where the Starfighter was wedged. He could see Killifer inside the cockpit struggling to get out.

Wrister fired his blaster on the locks and the lid opened up. The clone reached in and pulled the injured Killifer out. Together, they dropped to the dirt of the tunnel and ran for the opening. Blue sky was just ahead of them.

"What's going on!" Killifer screamed frantically.

"The place is gonna self-destruct, you idiot!" Wrister yelled back at him. "We've gotta get the hell outta here!"

- - - - - -

Deep underground, the group piled into the lift and began to ascend. "Will this thing move fast enough?" Shasta asked.

"I sure hope so," Antares answered. He kept glancing at ticking time on his watch that he had synchronized with the console back in the control room. Two minutes now.

The whole ride up the shaft, Rax couldn't help but feel sorry for the drunken Rex. The two agents hadn't gotten off on the right foot when they first met, but the drunk was beginning to grow on him. And now... Rex heaven was dead. And to make matters worse, they had to leave his body behind. This secret agent stuff was sure going to take some getting used to...

- - - - - -

Carrying Killifer over his shoulders, Wrister tried his damnedest to make it to the opening on the surface. It was within reach, only about another minute or so and he'd be there...

- - - - - -

The group managed to race through the darkened tunnels of the cave and came to the steep slope upward to the cave's opening. Luckily, the lines they used to descend the slope were still there.

"Come on, everybody," Shasta yelled. "Climb!"

- - - - - -

"We're gonna make it," Killifer said as the sunlight hit his face. They were now only a few yards from the opening.

- - - - - -

Antares glanced at the timer. 10 seconds.

Sharkey was the last to emerge at the top. He grasped Rax's hand and hoisted himself up.

"Take cover!" Antares yelled as the countdown reached zero...
  15. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Agent Mitch Nifesta, Lieutenant Ewlla Iillor

A-WOOGA, A-WOOGA

That doesn?t sound good,
    Was the twi?lek?s rather charitable first thought, though he followed it with one much more post-Watershed when he reacted to the object rolling into his boot, and looking down to spy the first of thermal detonators bouncing of his toe cap.

There was a low-level pop as air rushed into the space he had previously occupied and then an atinic blazing white dome expanded in the spot where he had stood, the superhot baradium energy sphere vapourising a wide circle of the rock where he had been standing!

A-WOOGA, A-WOOGA

In a few moments, Nifesta was slowing as he tried to turn off the corridor he was speeding along, making a daring, but frankly doomed attempt to turn into the Cloning Control Chamber, but frankly overshooting badly.

Picking his way hurriedly through bits of destroyed assassin droid, like the college football player of a galaxy, far, far away, doing that outdoor training with the tyres, Mitch turned into the Control Room to warn General Sharkey and the other agents.

?I don?t know if you have been hearing this ?a-wooga? business, ? he called to what he soon realised was an empty room. ?Ah-ha. I see that you have.?

A-WOOGA, A-WOOGA

Room sensors must have sensed his lone presence, for while he could still hear distant A-WOOGAs, the local public address system promptly changed to something calmer and melodic.

A-WOOJINN-JINN, JINN-JINN, JINN-JINN, JINN. HAPPINESS IS A CIGAR CALLED HAMLET

Nifesta looked this way and that, knowing that he wasn?t getting out of here, but he could certainly try to survive whatever calamity was coming.
    His gaze fell upon Sharley?s containment unit, the one that he and the niece had had such difficulty getting into.

Ah, the neice. Well, at least she had gotten out.

JINN-JINN, JINN-JINN, JINN-JINN, JINN.

Ewlla had managed to start running for herself, half-way up the slope, and emerged into the blinding daylight along with the others.

She turned to help General Sharkey, but stopped in her tracks, as a familiar but unexpected metal sphere zipped up out of the shimmering horizon to stop a foot in front of her face.

The lieutenant was already backing away before it stopped, and sat heavily onto the sand.

Where the hell have you been? The AI demanded hotly. You left me behind.

"Take cover!" Antares yelled from somewhere nearby.

The grey ITO globe spun its photoreceptor to regard the speaker, it?s curiousity piqued. Hold on, what does he mean, ?take cover??

Ewlla turned and dove face down into the sand, arms over her head.

Tag: Dubya Scott
  16. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Sorry about the late post. I had issues with school and Darth Real Life

IC: Selena and Teras

As the alarms were sounding the two agents reached for the door. As Selena was running, she noticed Teras was punching some buttons on his wrist.

?What are you doing?? she asked.

?Calling my ship? he said as they raced out of the cave.

Just then, a large boom shattered the air.

?Take cover!? Teras shouted as he grabbed Selena by the shoulders and leaped away to the ground. With Selena underneath him, he used his body as a shield by laying over her.

TAG: ANY
  17. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: :eek: Will Nifesta be caught in the blast?!

IC: everyone
    Nadiem

The first blast came from the bottom of the large cavern. The huge cloning chambers began to tilt and fell into the wall of the cavern, glass shattering everywhere. Liquid and the half-grown bodies fell lifeless to the bottom of the cavern.

More explosions rocked the underground base. The facility was rattling and tunnels and corridors began to collapse.

Fire raged upward through the cave as more explosions went off. A burst of fire exploded out of the cave-mouth and brushed up over the people who were still near it. Rax and Sharkey took the brunt of it since they had been the last one's out. Sharkey used the Force to shield him as best he could. Rax tucked his exposed head downward and let the fire singe the clone armor he wore, protecting his blue skin underneath. The two of them were thrown a few yards from the impact.

- - - - - -

Back in the facility, one of the last places to explode was the hangar bay. The force of the blast pushed the N-1 Starfighter up and out of the tunnel. Wrister and Killifer rolled down the small hill just outside the tunnel's opening. As they tumbled downward, Wrister noticed the burning Starfighter flying over them. It crashed a few hundred yards away. A small chunk of the burning debris from the ship slammed down on Wrister's head.

- - - - - -

Up in Nadiem's orbit, Agent Rayya suddenly saw life come back into her control console. "Hey, hey! I've got something!"

The scantily-clad Chalyssa Sev'ven rushed into the room.

"There was some kind of explosion not far from the Agents' last known position," Rayya reported. "And I've picked up their signals. Whatever was jamming us must have been in that explosion."

A communicator suddenly activated by itself. The blue holographic image of Saesee Tiin appeared. "What was the explosion?" he asked.

Chalyssa said, "We're not sure what caused the explosions or what was destroyed, but MI5 is there, alive."

"I'm sending a ship there now to pick them up," Saesee Tiin stated.

"Perfect," Chalyssa added. "I'll have one of our Eyeball dropships swoop down and extract them. I'll send you the coordinates where the two ships can rendezvous."

"I can sense Sharkey's presence again," Tiin said. "So he must be among the survivors."

Rayya smiled. "That means they accomplished the mission."

- - - - - -

Rax was stunned. He felt a good part of that blast. He struggled to get to his feet. Sharkey grabbed his arm and helped him up, keeping him steady. Shasta brushed the dirt off and hobbled over to them. "Everyone okay? Agents? General? Lieutenant?" She turned to see, through a cloud of dirt, a good portion of the barren land had sunken a few feet from the destruction underground.

- - - - - -

In another part of Nadiem's barren desert, Killifer tried to get his barrings. He looked up to see Wrister. His lifeless body was laying in the dirt. The clones head was smashed by a burning astromech dome.

Killifer swore. He slowly rolled over to see the heap of burning metal that used to be the N-1 Starfighter.

He swore again.

- - - - - -

"I wonder if Nifesta found his way out before the self-destruct sequence ended," Shasta said.

Off in the distance, an LAAT could be seen flying toward them. Antares squinted through the cloud of dust.

The LAAT touched down, blowing dirt out from underneath it. A clone pilot hopped out. "Somebody call for a taxi?" he asked.

Rax smiled. "It's Driver."

"Who?" Sharkey asked.

"The clone that escorted us to the planet's surface," he answered.

"And he's our ticket outta here," Shasta said, putting a hand on Rax's shoulder.

The Pantoran agent shook his head. "Is MI5 always this...exciting?"

Shasta smiled. "Kid, you don't know the half of it."

18. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Lieutenant Ewlla iillor, the Last Bolt, outside collapsed cave, Nadeim

Ewlla climbed to her feet, and brushed herself off, clouds of the dust and sand billowing in response to her tired slaps on the blue fabric.
    She couldn?t wait to give her kneeboots a good polish, get the familiar lustre back into the skins.

One half of the metal globe dusty while the other hemisphere clouded with a patina of granules, the Last Bolt rose from the rocky ground, and ascended to face height.

?Got some in your hair; a few pebbles.?

?Thanks.? The lieutenant pincered her thumb and forefinger on one hand, and plucked at the stones she found nestled among her roots. Her other hand held a blaster. She could see herself turning into one of those sad frags who slept with their weapon.

?We gotta get some people and equipment together to dig for Mitch.? The computer intelligence asserted, his voice scratchy through the vocabulator. ?You know he will have survived. Somehow.?

?There is a war on, you know. No way will we be able to divert bodies for an excavation project.? Iillor turned and pointed to the blocked cave. ?I?ve been down there, remember. I know how deep that place goes, what would be needed.?

A lartie gunship landed noisily nearby, a clonetrooper jumping out

?Somebody call for a taxi?? The pilot said, jumping out.

Ewlla watched him carefully. She did not think she would feel the same around these faceless warriors again.

?It?s Driver.? Someone identified.

"Who?" General Sharkey asked, echoing her thoughts.

"The clone that escorted us to the planet's surface," Driver's character reference, answered.

"And he's our ticket outta here," Shasta said, putting a hand on Rax's shoulder.

The Pantoran agent shook his head. "Is MI5 always this...exciting?"

"'Exciting', isn't the word I would use," Ewlla groaned tiredly.

?[Duh-weet-do-woot-woot,]? the Last Bolt whistled, playing the Artoo to her Threepio, though neither realised.

Shasta continued. "Kid, you don't know the half of it."

Ewlla waved to attract Sharkey's attention. "Come on, General. Let's get you onto the lartie; get you check out at Base Medical." She looked towards the clone pilot. "Call the Warmonger; tell them that we have him."

Tag: Dubya Scott, AMNDRAG
  19. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I'm gonna try and wrap things up here. If you wish to finish off your characters' stories, be my guest. :)

IC:
    ~ Epilogue ~

The MI5 agents managed to get Sharkey safely back to the Warmonger and brief Jedi General Saesee Tiin on what had happened. As the agents returned home, they too briefed their "higher-ups" on the situation.

In the coming weeks, the Republic forces on Nadiem would repel the remaining Separatist Army and liberate the desert planet, again making it a Republic planet. After the Battle of Nadiem had ended, MI5 sent a team of disguised workers to dig at the site of the unlicensed cloning facility. Unfortunately, not much evidence could be found. The half-grown embryos and all the crucial information in the computer databanks had all gone up in flames.

Wrister's body was recovered and the astromech in the demolished N-1 Starfighter was beyond repair. It's circuits were too far gone to recover any important information. Finn Killifer's body was never found. His death could not be confirmed, leaving some to speculate that he was still alive, hiding out somewhere.

All in all, MI5's mission had been considered a success. They found and rescued Sharkey, bringing him home safely. Plus, they had stopped the threat of Killifer's clones, preventing them from infiltrating the Grand Army of the Republic.

What other enemies await the Secret Galactic Intelligence Service in the future?

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101226033054/swfanon/images/b/b2/Series-titleLogo-png.png]

MI5 might return...

...possibly in fanfiction

___ The End ___

Thanks for playing :)
  20. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    The PM has been sent to a Mod to locked this game.

Again, thanks for playing and/or reading. See you around the Boards.

- Scotty
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.