1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Licence to Clone (Star Wars...007 Style)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Dubya_Scott, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: No objections? Okay then.

IC: ...
    Q'u Branch workshop aboard the space station

A lift ride, a curved corridor and two blast doors later, the protocol droid arrived at the Q'u Branch facility with the MI5 agents in tow. The door slid open and blaster sounds could be heard. They were obviously testing something.

As they entered, a tall red-haired woman approached them. She had the image of an eyeball with wings on her chest. And she was holding something that looked like an electrostaff. "Oh good. MI5 is here," she greeted the group. "I'm Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven. Welcome to our space station." She deactivated the glowing staff and continued. "This is just a little something one of our guys confiscated from the Separatists Droid Army. Q'u is developing it further."

"Did I hear my name?" An elderly man, looking to be in his 90's, hobbled over. He was bald and just had white hair around the ears and along the back of his head. He was sort of hunched over due to age. It was the legendary Q'u himself, still alive and kicking after all these years.

Q'u was pleased to see some of the veterans were mixed in with the rookie agents. "Ah, good day, agents. Before we venture into the lab, I just have to reiterate that I do expect some of this equipment back in pristine order."

He started to turn, but stopped. "Oh, and I almost forgot." He motioned a hand toward a much younger human male standing next to him. "Europa Kapanen has assigned another agent to your mission roster. Adrien Phal."

TAG: all agents, plus Kahn_Iceay...

OOC: I know some of you had/have plans regarding Q'u Branch, so feel free to create some of your our Q'u lab techies, or play Q'u as an NPC if you'd like (but please be mindful of other posts. Q'u himself can't be in two places at once.) :p

I also had some fun photoshopping. Here's a little image I created of Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven. ;) (It's obviously squashed, so clicking on it will show the full image.)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/xyz11/Chalyssa-electrostaff.jpg]
    />/>
  2. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Ambaros Phunett

Thinking a touch wistfully of the lute set aside, the Zeltron accompanied the group to the labs. Oh, it would not have broken their cover, but it was too precious to lose. It had been a birthday gift, ten years before, when Ambaros had been learning music.

To have that set in hand, to look up and see pride and affection, to hear it be said that Ambaros would do well with the instrument... It had been a moment of connection between a mother and a child turned nervous adolescent, a reminder that different or no, it did not mean there was no love.

The carefully-tended lute had accompanied Ambaros from place to place, but to go into the chaos of the war with it... too great a risk. But the diplomat would miss the music...

Tag: any

OOC: This prodigal reappearance comes pre-discussed with Dubya.

[Q'u Labs - Senior Technician]

The woman who looked over as the Agents entered smiled slightly. She'd been on active duty once herself, before transferring to the labs. There, she had thrived.

Of average height, she wore plain navy slacks, a maroon shirt, and a white coat. Her mid-brown hair was lighter now, grey threading through it, and there were faint lines on her face, marking the lightly-tanned skin. The warm brown eyes, however, were unchanged, even at fifty years of age.

Susa Gren nodded to the Agents. "Welcome to Q'u Branch's home away from home," she told them lightly. The now rather senior technician's gesture encompassed all of them.

Tag: Agents
  3. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Based on Eddie Murphy and Sharon Stone in Beverley Hills Cop.

IC: The Last Bolt, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Q?u Branch

Following the protocol droid, several agents, and Mitch up to the doors leading into the remote Q?u Branch home-from-home, the hovering ball collided softly with the twi?lek?s broad back as he halted abruptly, just inside the doorway.

The AI managed to squeeze between the doorjamb and Nifesta?s arm, come round to the front of him, sweeping sensors across the girl with the electro staff, the pink energy coils running up and down the tapered business end.

Mitch too was looking, staring at her, finally understanding what it meant to have clothes painted on.

While the agents and techs moved around him, Mitch was drinking in her image, and imagining himself leaning nonchalantly against the nearest column:

///?So how much talcum powder do you get through on a monthly basis?? He enquired in his daydream, referring to the powder she would need to stop that orange second skin from sticking to her decollatage.

?I suppose you are trying to be charming.?

?No. Just offering my handmaiden services.?
    ///

?-and I almost forgot. Europa Kapanen has assigned another agent to your mission roster. Adrien Phal."? Someone was saying.

?Oh he did, did he?? An utterly distracted Nifesta commented in a hollow tone, staring open-mouthed at the Commander. ?I hope someone picked Adrien right back up again.?

?Welcome to Q'u Branch's home away from home.? Someone else said.

Tag: no-one
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Chalyssa, Rax, Shasta
    Q'u Branch - Flying Eyeball

Rax Chopchura was standing right there next to the big Twi'lek agent...taking in the view. "I think I'm gonna like MI5," he muttered under his breath.

Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven had turned to see Susa Gren speak. She was used to the men staring at her. (Hey, what did you expect with an outfit like that.) So she was oblivious to Nifesta and Rax.

Chalyssa, along with Muc'cib Etan, had founded the Flying Eyeballs together ten years ago. When Chalyssa said she wanted to take command of the organization, Muc'cib agreed to it. He knew better than to argue with a woman like that.

"Susa!" Shasta walked over to the Q'u Technician to give her a hug. A hug may have seemed a bit unprofessional, but they knew each other a long time. Shasta remembers Susa from waaaay back on her first mission with MI5, the hunt for CarbonEye. They had been brand new agents back then. "It's always good to see you. So how'd you get suckered into coming all the way out here?"

TAG: Sithy, Rilwen, others...
  5. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Susa Gren

Susa laughed and hugged Shasta right back. "Suckered?" she asked, mock-indignantly. "I'll have you know I volunteered for this trip all of my own idea." She gave a wry smile. "Certainly wasn't going to ask anyone to come in my place." She smiled.

With Q'u himself having made the journey, Susa certainly hadn't intended to miss it. Not least because she felt it best to make sure he was looking after himself on such a long trip.

It had been interesting to see the station, too. Even if - and her smile turned wry at the thought - she'd had to suppress the urge upon looking at Commander Sev'ven to enquire as to whether the younger woman was cold in that get-up, which struck Susa as moderately impractical on a space station.

Ah well; she was a woman grown and could wear what she liked. Even if Susa would never have let her own daughter out the door looking like that.

Life had been kind to Susa; back on Coruscant lived the man wearing the mate of the ring on her finger, looking after their daughter Marni, seventeen (quite the avid party-goer when permitted), and their son, Piter, fifteen (and as fond of technology and engineering as his mother, much to Susa's pride).

Tag: Shasta, any

IC: Ambaros Phunett

Ambaros blinked a little at the sight of the Commander, then promptly shut down as much empathy as possible, to be a little more discreetly deaf to the raw lust floating around as a result of her presence - and outfit. It was not something the Zeltron especially needed to pick up on just now.

Instead, the diplomat nodded to Adrien, and smiled, speaking gently and politely. "Glad to meet you. I'm sure you will be of much help to us on this mission." Gesturing with one slim red hand, Ambaros gave the names of the other Agents, pointing to each in turn, to save Adrien the issue of long, repetitive introductions later on. "And Ambaros Phunett." A gesture to the self, concluding the introductions with the one making them.

Tag: Adrien, others
  6. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Pythia Rayya, Q'u Branch

"Nguh." Pythia knew it was rude, but she couldn't help staring at Commander Sev'ven. Yes, this was a very wide galaxy and yes, everyone could wear whatever they liked if they were in command, but it was rare that you came across a commander that looked like that. She needed to get out. If she stayed the Mirialan was going to say something stupid.

"Mng. Um. I have to, uh. Go." Pythia waved her hand at the door, not really looking. "To the, ah, Command Centre. Set it up. Yeah."

She backed away. "Um. Bye."

Q'u, ???

Q'u brought his hand down on the lab table with a slap, commanding the chattering agents' attention.

"Thank you agents, I think we should rather get down to business. I'm retiring soon, and I'd like to enjoy at least a little of it." He brought a small device out of his labcoat pocket and pressed it. Immediately some panels on the wall slid aside, revealing another lab technician bent over a trolley of equipment.

"R, if you would be so good."

"Push the damn thing over yourself."

"I am your direct superior." The two men seemed to engage in a short battle of wills before R pushed the trolley over, grumbling. Like Q'u, he was older than most of the agents gathered there (with the exception, of course, of Nifesta). Had Pythia been there to judge, she's have guessed late fifties. He hadn't aged well. Traces of gray were liberally sprinkled in his black hair, and it was starting to thin. His face bore the telltale marks of a life lived hard and irresponsibly.

"This, unfortunately, is R." Q'u gave his subordinate a withering look, though it was clear that this was just banter between two very good friends. "I'm grooming him to take my place- he's something of a genius with security systems."

"Nice to meet you." The tech's tone was heavily sarcastic. "Now, are we done with introductions? That Jedi ain't gonna find himself."

[TAG all]

OOC: Yes. That's exactly who you think it is.

/>/>
  7. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    IC: Taz Shiliya
    Flying Eyeball

As soon as the blast door opened, and the protocol droid brought the MI5 team into what she guessed was the lab portion of the station, Taz heard something that sounded like blaster fire. It was rather odd that a spying organization would be doing ballistics testing, but, with the war and all, she didn?t blame them for wanting to stay armed. That?s the exact reason why she carried a blaster rifle on her utility belt, just in case she got in a sticky situation and needed to use force to get out alive.

A tall red-haired woman has deactivated a weapon of some sort and was addressing the group. "Oh good. MI5 is here. "I'm Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven. Welcome to our space station. This is just a little something one of our guys confiscated from the Separatists Droid Army. Q'u is developing it further." It was certainly an odd-looking weapon, something Taz admittedly had never seen before. But, it was probably not important to ask, because the Commander had turned it off. Out of the corner of her eye, Taz could see Mitch, the pale Twi?lek, and Rax . . . share in the view. Taz rolled her eyes, which wasn?t easy to do with goggles perched on her forehead. These men and their hormonal impulses; she had never understood how they operated, and she was not in the slightest curious to find out.

Her thought process was interrupted by an old gray-haired man who was referred to as Q?u. What an odd name ?Q?u? was, Taz thought; surely that was just a code name? "Ah, good day, agents. Before we venture into the lab, I just have to reiterate that I do expect some of this equipment back in pristine order." Dang, Taz thought, she wouldn?t get to keep some of the gadgets that they would receive for the mission? Actually, maybe the bigger reward was surviving; it was her first mission, after all, and there was a higher mortality rate for rookies than for veterans. So, she guessed, it was probably the lesser of two evils to not get a keepsake memento from the mission.

Several minutes later, after the entire team had met this Adrian Phal, who was apparently supposed to join them, Q?u had asked one of the lab technicians to bring over a trolly of equipment. Taz couldn?t tell what was on the trolley exactly, but she was curious; what had this old man devised? She had no idea what kinds of thought processes went on in his mind, but she could tell that he was no slouch when it came to technological know-how. Now it came down to exactly what he had created. How would the mission be affected by these gadgets?

TAG: Everyone

8. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Adrien Phal
    Q'u Lab Flying Eyeball

Adrien had been observing the MI5 agents since they entered the room, much to his dismay. These were supposedly some of the most skilled and effective agents the Galactic Republic had to offer for sensitive situations. They look like the cast of a bad Holo-Sitcom, He thought to himself as the Zeltron, introduced Adrien to the others, even if by name only. Giving the Zeltron the curiosity of a polite nod he realized most of the other MI5 agents were probably not paying him, or the situation, any of the slightest attention.

"Unprofessional" he whispered under his breath and watched as people put aside the situation at hand for trivial pursuits. The Pantoran and the male Twi'lek had decided to oogle at the FE commander. He'd liked to have imagined Ms. Sev'ven wore such outfits to distract opponents on missions, but given that the war was against droids it served only to distract allies. Such as making one of the female agents leave. All in all it seemed the only agents not letting every shiny object they came across distract them was the Zeltron and this Taz woman.

I'm surrounded by idiots... Adrien sighed as Q'u finally spoke up. He'd been around the old man a bit, hadn't really figured much out about him, not that it was really important, wasn't going to be around long, retiring and all. He watched as Q'u got in an argument with his assistant, conveniently named R, about moving a damned cart. He shook his head at the altercation till he finally heard some words of encouragement. "Now, are we done with introductions? That Jedi ain't gonna find himself."

"Exactly." the Corellian said out loud, his annoyance oozing just slightly through his obvious accent. "Lets put a bit of focus onto the business at hand shall we?"

Tag: All in the Lab
  9. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Tremor St'balis Pereriansa
    Flying Eyeball Space Station

The sights that the station gave were. . .unexpected. He was torn on first sight with seeing what was happening with whomsoever was at the back of their group, and questioning what sort of unprofessional organization was this that believed in skin tight body suits. While ducking behind the ascerbic twi-lek of course. He might not understand many things, but he did know when to duck as the woman seemed to have put it on of her own volition.

Such thoughts were quickly dissuaded by her pronouncement of being Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven of the Flying Eyeballs. Now he just marked it up as another self-defeatism to try to understand why she was wearing what she was wearing, she was an irrational Commander besot by being tossed about the ocean of her own emotions. As demonstrated by erstwhile get together.

Next was Q'u. What was there to say beyond the fact that he was really real and not just some myth the upper agents had been whispering to torment the new recruits with unobtained granduer. Yes human, and besot by quirks that would probably make a quantom physicist blanch at the calculations, still, it was as like to finding out that a childhood mythos was real on some level. Like the Scales of Tu'just still weighed every childhood's occurances as a whole and acted to balance them once a year.

R, as for him well, neverheard of him. If did in the future he might know whom was refered. Either way not important to note as the times moved on. The unnamed fellow that had come in added a final comment to R's forgetable one, "Lets put a bit of focus onto the business at hand shall we?"

To which he added his own in an attempt to glaze over this interference with the gadgetry that was soon to passed around. "Indeed." Sometimes the simplist response was the best in these situations as it gave them less to gab off of.

TAG: All in lab
  10. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, the Last Bolt, Q'u Branch

The sound of Q'u's palm on the tabletop broke the twi'lek's appreciative trance, and sensory input apart from the Commander flooded in.

"It's okay, I'm back." He announced to the room, then several seconds later, he started glancing around, realising someone was missing. "Hey, where'd Mission Control, Pytth off to?"

She went off to set up our command centre, the AI advised, now pay attention to Q'u and R, because-

"That Jedi ain't gonna find himself." Finished a gruff technician in his Fifties, traces of grey sprinkled in his black hair. He stood with a cart between himself and Q'u.

That's R.

Mitch nodded, and crossed his arms while regarding the pair silently. When Q'u Branch techs got letters, it paid to listen to them.

"Exactly. Lets put a bit of focus onto the business at hand shall we?" That, delivered with a Corellian accent, was from the new guy, Phal. Mitch gave the man a short glance; he did not sound like a rookie. He looked back to the techs.

Agent Pereriansa concurred: "Indeed."

The audience of agents seemed to be settling now.

Tag: All
  11. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Q'u, R

Happy that he finally had a receptive audience, Q'u turned to R. "I'll let you handle this, then. See how you go."

"Oh, joy." R transferred his attention to the table. "Right, listen up. This is the standard MI5 issue comlink. Sends and receives calls just like the regular model, but turn the bottom and-"

There was a bright flash of light as a cutting laser flickered to life. The tech grinned at the evident surprise on everyone's face. "Nice for getting out of tight spaces. You can also attach this to any console you find and it will allow your mission controller access to whatever's in it, eliminating the need for an on-site slicer."

Next, R indicated what looked like a handful of buttons, badges and cheap jewelery. "These will allow you to communicate with mission control more privately. Attach them to your clothing or-" he demonstrated- "Clip them over your clothes fastenings and they'll be more or less undetectable. Some of these- the bigger ones- also send video feed, though there's a few second's delay."

Finally, R pressed a button and the trolley folded out, revealing an array of small, light weaponry.

"Everyone gets a holdout blaster. Be careful, your ammo's limited. Those of you with bigger guns-" here Nifesta got the stink-eye- "Are strongly advised to leave 'em. You are spies, not commandos, after all."

"Good job, Carfax!" Q'u beamed. This time, the look 'R' gave him was not friendly at all.

[TAG All]

12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Shasta Moonreaper, Rax Chopchura
    Q'u Branch

R gave his briefing and Q'u said, "Good job, Carfax!"

A big smile appeared on Shasta's face as she snapped her fingers. "That's it!" She knew she recognized this R person from somewhere, but couldn't quite place him...until Q'u spilled the beans. "Markus Carfax. So this is where you ended up."

Rax looked at Shasta with his head cocked. "THE Markus Carfax?" he questioned. He heard the name before, but knew him as one of the galaxies most famous hackers. And now he was working in Q'u Branch?

TAG: R and others...
  13. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Tara Okeanos
    Q'u Branch

Tara looked over the concealed comms and nodded approvingly.

"I was wondering," she looked over at Q'u and R, "my weapons speciality is knife combat. Do you have anything I can use to help with concealment?"

TAG: Q'u, R, others
  14. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    Adrien Phal
    Q'u Workshop

The former CorSec officer was honestly surprised, and impressed, by the collection of fanciful devices and gadgets Q'u and R had to present to himself and his 'fellow agents'. The commlink was an item he rather liked right off the bat. Had I had that thing back on the force, getting into a few of those gang safe houses would have been much easier. That said, the next item on hand felt like it had been pulled straight out of a spy holo-novel.

Then came the blasters. "Everyone gets a holdout blaster. Be careful, your ammo's limited. Those of you with bigger guns are strongly advised to leave 'em. You are spies, not commandos, after all." Adrien looked over the blasters on hand and came to a singular conclusion. Drawing his S-5 from his holster he rather easily, showing his close familiarity with his preferred weapon, removed the large oversized scopes mounted on the pistol and placed them on the trolley. "There, now its easily concealable."

"Spy or not I'm not comfortable entering a hostile situation, such as the one on the planet, with an unfamiliar weapon. If we need these blasters, I would much rather have something familiar in my hands than something I've never shot." He slid the now much more streamline weapon back in its holster, which it didn't quite fit so snuggly into anymore.

"Further more these... communications device." He gestured with one of his gloved hands at the pins, and buttons, and what not. "How exactly do we communicate with them? Are their receiver's sensitive enough to pick up the voice no matter where they are on the person or am I going to have to talk into my lapel and look like an idiot and give my self away to anybody with common sense?"

Tag: R, Q'u, Everybody really
  15. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I thought it was John Cleese as R! I had his voice doing your written wording in my head, after you said that.

IC: Mitch Nifesta

The comlink laser beam scorching a black line in the floor certainly put a look of surprise on the twi'lek's face, and he was glad when R shut it off.

But it was the drawer of sidearms that caught his eye. There was a shiny rose-coloured Merr-Sonn Munitions Model Q2 holdout, tied with a red bow, that would be perfect for Ewlla. And he could imagine her appreciating it more than the other present he had brought with him.
    An MI5' receptionist had recommended the elaborate Varykino dolls house, when he had started soliciting for gift ideas for the neice, but seeing how much of his cabin space the metre-square parcel had taken up on the trip here, he could see her being less than ecstatic about it.

That blaster on the other hand. Small, hardly a bother, easily concealable, and his ensign, or whatever she was now, should like the colour.

"Everyone gets a holdout blaster. Be careful, your ammo's limited. Those of you with bigger guns-" R gave Mitch a meaningful glare, but the twi'lek didn't notice, already close to rubbing his palms together in anticipation, "Are strongly advised to leave 'em. You are spies, not commandos, after all."

"Good job, Carfax!" Q'u beamed, drawing a hostile look from the subordinate technician.

Carfax?

Nifesta's arms loosened from their position across his broad chest and fell slack, to his sides. Carfax? He stared dumbly at R.

To the side, Shasta snapped her fingers. "That's it! Markus Carfax. So this is where you ended up."

Oh, you are Sithin' me.

Mitch was taking a while to catch on. Part of him had it, but the answer was so enormous that getting it out felt like giving berth to a baby dewback. Not that he had had the pleasure.
    He looked from R to Shasta to the Last Bolt, and then to Rax as he chimed in with:

"THE Markus Carfax?"

"Agent Carfax?" Mitch managed. He smiled. "Oh my Feth, you are alive."

The time that Mitch had taken to return to MI5; the amount of cigars that the best hacker in the galaxy had smoked; the amount of people on every planet that he had ever managed to rub the wrong way; he had never in his wildest dreams expected to see Carfax alive.

When he lamented that there were no familiar faces, he meant Carfax.

That Mitch was alive and walking around in the world, that he was an agent for the Galactic Republic, was down to Carfax.

Nifesta, as an equal member of the team, would investigate Sharkey's disappearence, because that was the job. But if it had been Markus, missing down there on Nadiem, fallout would make the Eellayin Extinction seem like a frakkin' tea party.

"Markus. Good to see you, Man. So, Agent Mistry; she Q'u Branch too?"

Tara had moved closer to the trolley, along with the Phal fellow.

"I was wondering," she looked over at Q'u and R, "my weapons speciality is knife combat. Do you have anything I can use to help with concealment?"

Adrien showed his S5, a Naboo sidearm that had interested Mitch for a while. He liked the multi-purpose nature of it, especially the liqui-cable attachment.

"I'll have an S5 and that Q2 over there. The ribbon colour goes with my eyes." Mitch pulled out his DC-15, and reluctant to part with it, hesitated before turning to the protocol droid that had led them to the labs. "Here. Can you have one of your colleagues place it in a cabin for me?"

He turned back to R and Q. "Do you have anything that will work against Destroyer Droids, and that annoying shielding?"

Tag: R/Carfax, Tara, Adrien, all
  16. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Markus Carfax, Q'u Branch

And here it came. What Markus had been dreading. The infamy from the bad old days that had dogged him for twenty years. Couldn't a man be allowed to peacefully forget his younger, stupider days? He'd done his best to do so, after all- transferring to Q'u Branch in the aftermath of that business on the Empress and discovering a quieter, happier life. Slowly, Markus had been trusted with more responsibility, and he'd thrived in a way he never had before. Grown up. Matured.

And now here was a relic of that past, dredging up painful memories.

"Markus. Good to see you, Man. So, Agent Mistry; she Q'u Branch too?"

"No." replied Markus coldly. "She isn't."

He hadn't seen the twi'lek in twenty years. For all he knew, she could be dead. Dismissing that thought, he turned to one of the newer agents, keen to get on with the task in hand.

"I was wondering, my weapons speciality is knife combat. Do you have anything I can use to help with concealment?"

"As a farming world, it's not uncommon for natives of Nadiem to carry knives and the like." Markus mentally ran through his pre-op reading on the planet. "If you really want, I can give you a palm dagger for close quarters combat. They're over there."

He jerked his thumb over at another cabinet that contained what looked like an array of penknives. If Tara folded them out, though, she would see that they were actually much larger than expected. certainly large enough to fight with. Wrinkling his nose at Adrien's display with his own sidearm (honestly, why were these male agents so attached to their weapons? Anyone would think that they were compensating for something), he finally got back around to Mitch again.

"I'll have an S5 and that Q2 over there. The ribbon colour goes with my eyes. Here. Can you have one of your colleagues place it in a cabin for me?"

"Ut-ut." Markus waved a finger. "One each. I ain't a gift shop." He reached down and picked up the beribboned pistol. "And I have no idea how this got here anyway. Doctor Chakwas is going to be very annoyed if she doesn't get her birthday present later."

"Do you have anything that will work against Destroyer Droids, and that annoying shielding?"

At last, a sensible question. Markus scratched his chin contemplatively.

"Not as such, no. My advice would be to get it while it's rolling or attack it from behind, where the shielding's weaker. It's been posited that maybe you could overload the shield by knocking the droideka over, but I don't suggest you try it. Best thing to do is act like the spies you're supposed to be and don't get their attention in the first place."

[TAG All]

ooc: Phew!
    />
  17. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Oh yes, forgot to add- the concealed comms will work fine as long as they're within a reasonable distance of the user's mouth. So no talking into lapels, but the players will want to position them accordingly on their clothing. The jewelry's designed with that in mind- it's all earrings, necklaces, brooches etc. Sorry for not catching that earlier.
  18. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Q'u, Rax
    Q'u Branch - The Flying Eyeball

Rax was looking over the blasters when he heard Q'u speak again.

"Now for your disguises," the elderly man said. "I have been instructed by M to inform you that you can choose to disguise yourselves as regular citizens of Nadiem, or as clone troopers." He turned to see a young lab tech wheel a rack over toward his position.

The rack contained tattered earth-toned clothing that looked like it came from some poor vendor on Tatooine. And behind those, clone armor complete with helmets.

Q'u spoke again, turning to look at the big twi'lek. "And Agent Nifesta, since you've got a cloak and are the strongest in the Force, I suggest we give you a lightsaber and you pose as a Jedi General."

TAG: everyone...
  19. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Wait, wait. I thought that we were supposed to be infiltrating a Separatist base? Won't Mitch the Jedi be kind of... bad for that?
  20. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC:
    [face_thinking] Hmmm... Well, he could do the Jedi General thing while near the battlefield and other Nadiem people, then maybe lose the robes and lightsaber when they find the Separatist base? Or perhaps the citizen clothing would be better. He might be a bit big for a clone trooper.

Your character, Sithy. What do you want to do?
  21. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Rilwen raised concerns that Mitch would overshadow the other agents, and make them superfluous. This takes him out of the equation without taking him out of the game.

And IC, if Master Starkey is indeed in deep cover, and the Separatists are fielding Force Sensetives able to detect how many jedi, Tiin has at his disposal, probably best not to leave a gaping void where he used to be. Mitch can step in to maintain Starkey's cover while the rest of the team run the investigation their way.

IF agents do request support, Nifesta would be in a position to divert military assets.
  22. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Why doesn't Mitch just not be a Jedi and stay with the rest of the team, restraining himself as appropriate? (I've talked to Rilwen myself, and her problems weren't with Mitch as a character but with your frequent metagaming, something I've not been too happy with either). If we do what you suggest, Sithy, Mitch will be left on his own for a good portion of the game, at which point roleplay basically becomes fanfic, and I'm sure that won't be fun. There must be a balance between 'overshadow' and 'basically off the team'. And how, exactly, is putting him in a military position with troops at his command a minimization of his role anyway? At that point, Mitch could easily storm the base on his own.

On a less meta level, we're on this planet because Sharkey's Force presence has disappeared. We don't need another Jedi to cover for him, and if a new presence pops out of nowhere I'm sure that'll send alarm bells ringing. My suggestion is that Nifesta pretends to be a civilian- in fact, that every team member pretends to be civilians, because clone troopers near a Separatist base are going to die very quickly- until they get near enough the base to get inside. Then, we can work together to get Sharkey out of whatever predicament he's gotten himself into.

23. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I quite agree with Livi here, we should all stick around and pretty much just try to blend in with the herd

OOC2: I confirmed Adrien's little toy with Dubya

-- --

Adrien Phal (with a slight bit of seasoning by Q'u)
    Q'u Workshop

It seemed that the tomfoolery was slowing down finally and that serious efforts to progressing along the lines of preparation were commencing. Individuals had acquired, or were acquiring their weapons, communication gear, and various other bits of kit. Perhaps there is a bit of hope for this mission yet remaining, the Corellian thought to himself as he glanced about the line of disguises being brought out. Before he had a chance to have anything catch his eye however, he heard his name.

"Agent Phal", the voice was unmistakably Q'u's so Adrien turned to see what the elderly man wanted of him. "It was brought to my attention that in your previous employ with the Corellian Security Force you were quite adept with the use of stun batons in your line of work." Phal raised an eyebrow, not knowing where the man was going with this bit of information but given seniority and protocol nodded for him to continue.

"Not much of a talker are you?" The question was duly answered by Adrien, who remained silent. "Back to business it is then. I believe you saw Ms. Sev'ven earlier yes? Not that you could miss her. Well we've had some time to investigate and reverse engineer that electrostaff of hers." At this he produced what was clearly, to Adrien's eyes at least, a collapsed stun baton, like the one on his person. "This little device looks quite like a normal baton, but it uses the same electromagnetic pulse-generator as an electrostaff. It is also constructed of Phrik so it is quite strong and resistant to a lightsaber, though we'll just hope it doesn't come to that shall we?"

Adrien nodded in agreement as he took the baton, having no delusions of grandeur about standing up to the presence of a full blown lightsaber wielder, though any defense was better than none. Replacing his old baton with the new one, placing the old one with his scopes upon the trolley. Now being free to do so he turned his attention to the disguises, and after a moment of looking them over, broke his silence to again voice his opinion. "Wouldn't clone trooper armor defeat the purpose of this op? Are we not supposed to infiltrate a Separatist facility? Would bright white armor of the Separatists enemies not garner more attention than we wish to have?"

24. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Q'u Branch lab, Flying Eyeballs space station.

R, or Carfax, or whoever he was supposed to be, did not share the twi'lek's relief at the surprise reunion.

"Ut-ut." Markus waved a finger, "One each. I ain't a gift shop."

Not a problem; Mitch would take the Q2, and get his rifle back from the protocol droid.

R reached for the beribboned pistol. "And I have no idea how this got here anyway. Doctor Chakwas is going to be very annoyed if she doesn't get her birthday present later."

A low whine of distress made its way out of Nifesta's throat as he saw the prize being taken from him. Instead he moved over to the tray to pick out an S5, and like Adrien, detached the macroscope, to give the weapon a slimmer profile. He knelt beside the cart to look at the concealed gun harnesses and holsters. He asked about Destroyer Droids. R's insistence that they carry 'spy' weapons did not take into account that the enemy were fielding battle-armoured droids.

R scratched his chin in thought, a mannerism that increased slightly, the Prodigal Agent's realisation that the man standing over him was his old friend. "Not as such, no. My advice would be to get it while it's rolling or attack it from behind, where the shielding's weaker. It's been posited that maybe you could overload the shield by knocking the droideka over,"

Mitch nodded.

"-but I don't suggest you try it. Best thing to do is act like the spies you're supposed to be and don't get their attention in the first place." Well, maybe 'friend' was overstating it a little.

"Well, I don't know if you are up on our current mission, Markus, but our job is to find a missing jedi master. If the Separatists do have him, spy-level tactics and holdout blasters are not going to get us-" Mitch indicated Tara beside him at the cart, Rax and himself, "-very far. And we have been told that the military probably won't be able to help us."

Rax had crowded in to join them at the cart when Q'u spoke again.

"Now for your disguises," The senior quartermaster announced, "I have been instructed by M to inform you that you can choose to disguise yourselves as regular citizens of Nadiem, or as clone troopers."

The sound of wheels on the hard floor had the twi'lek lean back slightly to look past Rax' legs at a new rack of clothing, well rags, and pieces of Phase One clone armour. Or it might be Phase Two? Mitch was not yet an expert.

"And Agent Nifesta, since you've got a cloak and are the strongest in the Force, I suggest we give you a lightsaber and you pose as a Jedi General."

Mitch raised an eyebrow and immediately read between the lines. Had new M pulled his old file, to read that Mitch milking sucked at undercover?!

"I agree. In fact, if General Tiin is amenable, I could cover for General Starkey. If the CIS believe all Tiin's jedi are in place, they would be less likely to guard against his infiltration." The God of Cops smugly added touch of juvie to his next statement: "And I already have teh lightsabre. Sir.."

25. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC:

Okay. Having GM'd four of the five previous 007 games, I've had to deal with some...situations. I can see some things developing here. Before this gets out of hand, let me just say that if you wish to discuss the matter further (friendly discussion, that is), be my guest. But if anyone wishes to argue, please DO NOT post it in the thread. Go to PM if you absolutely have to pursue it.

And as far as the disguises, I figured an agent wearing clone armor would have a better chance of "mingling" with Sharkey's clone squad, since they are the one's reporting he's deep undercover. Probably look better than a bunch of peasant Nadiem farmers asking questions. That was my thinking regarding the clone armor. (Maybe even have the disguised Jedi accompany the clones.) Without giving out too much of my "plans" for the story, I also had some things planned for Sharkey's squad of clones, it would make it more fun if an agent or two was involved.

So, if nobody has any objections, I'd like to at least put Rax (if not another agent) in clone armor with farmer clothes underneath so that he can ditch the armor if need be.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.