main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Licence to Clone (Star Wars...007 Style)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Dubya_Scott, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax, Q'u Branch

Markus looked for a second as if he was suppressing some extremely violent urges. This was exactly why he hadn't wanted to come along. This wasn't the old days. MI5's stock in trade now was less huge explosions and massive casualties and more stealthy information gathering and covert operations.

You know, like a spy.

"I object to this." He said loudly, putting himself in between Q'u and Nifesta. "No, seriously this is a terrible idea. Have you seen him?"

A waved arm indicated the deathly-white pallor, the red eyes, the leetspeak. "This is not Jedi General material. Haven't you read his file? Nifesta can barely work undercover as it is- putting him in a position where he'll have to fake backstory, Jedi connections and military experience is just asking for trouble."

[TAG Mitch, all]

[b]OOC:[/b] I apologise for misunderstanding the Clone Trooper thing, I thought that the agents were going to try and sneak into the Separatist base by posing as civilians. If you don't mind, [b]Dubya[/b], I'd really appreciate an outline of the infiltration plan, as things are getting kind of confused and I'd like to avoid this kind of thing in the future.

I stand by my statements on the Jedi General plan, though. Please understand that I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I just want the rp experience to be good for [i]everybody[/i].

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Ambaros Phunett

The Zeltron listened in silence to the debate, quietly selecting a better version of the weapon already carried - some agents, it was said, made much of their lethal capacities; Ambaros on the other hand was reluctant to end lives unless necessary, and accordingly preferred weapons with improved stun capacities, like the current stunblaster that would, alas, be traded for this new one.

At last, the diplomat spoke. "I wonder if you have more than just clothing for your disguises." There was a self-deprecating smile. "My people are not common in the poorer segments of society; if we go offworld it is with the capacity to continue to travel, and most of us would easily charm our way to better treatment. It would be best, perhaps, if my skin and hair could be rendered a less conspicuous shade." At least blue eyes were common enough in humans that Ambaros's own deep, clear shade of blue would be only mildly striking.

There was one other benefit; if Ambaros seemed human or of some other commonly-seen humanoid species, no-one would expect the natural Zeltron abilities, and would thus not be prepared for them. There was, however, one issue gnawing at the diplomat, causing a slight expression of worry for a moment, before it was carefully hidden. Would they suggest...? Please, no. That's one act I don't want to have to play. Ambaros knew what could bother people. If the mission demanded it...

Tag: Q'u labs folk et al

3. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC:

Sorry, I hadn't realized things were getting confusing. I figured I'd explain the "plan of infiltration" when the agent's visit with Saesee Tiin. But to clarify my plans for the story, I'll sort of lay it out now.

First of all, the Battle of Nadiem took place in the Dark Horse Star Wars comics. And Threadneedle Canyon was where most of the battle raged. But during the battle, the clones were scrambling trying to evacuate as many Nadiem citizens as possible because the Droid Army wasn't wasting any time with their attack.

The evacuation:
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100810064035/starwars/images/3/3a/Swdt7p3.jpg]

So it would be chaotic and crazy in that Canyon area. I figured the agents could help out with that (disguised, of course) whether they're dressed as civilian or clone. (Plus it may add a little excitement to a game that hasn't yet had much.)

From there, the civilian agents could blend in with the Nadiem people and snoop around a bit. And the same could be done with the clone agents, as I mentioned before, mingling with Sharkey's clone squad since they were the last to actually see him.

As far as the Separatist base, I haven't quite developed it yet. I figured we could develop that as we play. Whether it's a cave, a hut, a small building, a full-blown fortress, in the center of town, out in the middle of a desert, under the clone army base, wherever...that's some info the agents would discover in their investigations. (If you want me to make a decision and create the whole thing now, I can. If that'll help.)

Hope this helps clarify some things and enables you to make some decisions regarding the current issues. Sorry again for the confusion. If anyone needs further clarification of my plans for the game, let me know.

[b]IC: Shasta, Rax, Chalyssa, protocol droid[/b]
    [i]Q'u Branch[/i]

The orange-plated protocol droid just stood there awaiting orders. Commander Sev'ven stood next to the droid. She listened intently to the current discussions and felt like giving orders...er, well, her opinions. But she didn't have authority over MI5 agents, only her own Flying Eyeball staff. So she refrained from saying anything.

Rax was examining the clone armor. He wanted to be in the battle, be a part of this war, fight for the Republic. "That armor is sharp," he said to no one in particular...referring to it's look and not it's texture.

Shasta watched Carfax object to Nifesta being a Jedi. Carfax had a history with Nifesta and knew him better than she did. "Well, let's see..." She pulled out her datapad and brought up the transcript of M's briefing. Europa had transferred it for her since she wasn't actually there. Quickly looking over the Aurabesh words, she said, "In the briefing, Ms. Kapanen said that we'll [i]"be disguised because MI5?s presence there will be unknown to everyone, except Saesee Tiin."[/i] So," she looked back up at the others, "the Jedi General's on the ground, such as Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee, will [i]not[/i] know we're there. If another Jedi appears, they'll know something's up. Our superiors didn't say specifically, but it looks as though another Jedi on the ground might be out of the question." She glanced toward Nifesta...afraid of how he might react. "At least that's how [i]I[/i] interpret that."

[b]TAG: All in Q'u Branch...[/b]

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Last Bolt, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Q'u Branch

While agents and techs chatted, the globe floated away to look around the place, see what developments had been going on since he and the Darth Unlucky had been around this neck of the woods.

He floated towards a wide, flat divan, which scanned as covered with a stain-resistant maroon-coloured velour. One of the white-coated technicians joined it in observing the piece of furniture.
    chunk! A wicked-looking spike ruptured the fabric from below, thrusting a good foot up from the cushioned base!

LB backed off a foot, startled, while the tech rubbed his hands together in some satisfaction. "Excellent. Excellent. Have this ready for Thromberg the Hutt's tea party."

The camouflaged ITO shell zipped back to Mitch and the others, where R had inserted himself between Q'u and the kneeling twi'lek.

"I object to this." R protested loudly. "No, seriously this is a terrible idea. Have you seen him?"

Wondering why the tech was getting involved in something that was no longer any business of his, the Last Bolt's photoreceptors followed R's waved limb as he indicated the deathly-white pallor, the red eyes. "This is not Jedi General material. Haven't you read his file? Nifesta can barely work undercover as it is-"

"Listen to him; I endanger any mission that relies on me maintaining a cover. This way, the team is insulated, if I'm blown."

"-Jedi connections and military experience is just asking for trouble."

All due respect, Technician R, the AI interceded on behalf of its current counterpart, Agent Nifesta no longer lacks military experience.

"And you know I wouldn't have to fake the Jedi connections. I've eaten enough..." Mitch stopped himself before he said too much, and rose from the cart, dragging a couple of gun-rigs up from the tray. "Clone troops are hardly likely to ask me for references. Are they? Seriously, I can walk into an 'Tactical Enforcer mobile command and order clones around; what's the biggie?" He shrugged and raised eyebrows at Markus and Q'u.

Meanwhile, next to the popular cart, Agent Phunett pulled his own stunner and laid it on top, while Rax was whispering sweet nothings to the clone armour.

When Shasta stuck her oar in, she already had her datapad open, the green holographic glow bathing her face.
    She said, "In the briefing, Ms. Kapanen said that we'll "be disguised because MI5?s presence there will be unknown to everyone, except Saesee Tiin." So," she looked back up at the others, "the Jedi General's on the ground, such as Luminara Unduli and Barriss Offee, will not know we're there. If another Jedi appears, they'll know something's up. Our superiors didn't say specifically, but it looks as though another Jedi on the ground might be out of the question.," She glanced toward Nifesta...afraid of how he might react. "At least that's how I interpret that."

The telepathic agent caught a whiff of her fear. Why the frag was she afraid of him? The names she dropped, caught his attention.
    "I interpreted that Tiin's commanders were scattered over the planet? But even if Unduli, Offee, and Ot Chocolate somehow sensed me from their own flashpoints across Nadiem," he rationalised in a reasonable tone, looking towards the veteran agent, "and quite frankly, I could be under as a General, and still hide my presence, like we have been practising; - the clones won't know - what are the Generals gonna do? Put in a call to Tiin? Who, if he has any brains at all, will just tell them not to worry about it."

The Last Bolt, done with the undercover argument, floated up to R and Q'u. Since you intend to limit

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Ambaros Phunett, Susa Gren

Susa beckoned the Zeltron over, rummaging in a side crate. "Here." She smiled as she handed over the necessary items. "You'll want to get those on as soon as possible."

Ambaros nodded, with a slight head inclination of respect. "Thank you." Taking the disguise items, the diplomat informed the others calmly "I will be waiting with the Analyst when you're done here, hopefully."

Then, slipping away, the Zeltron headed off to de-Zeltron.

It did not take long. Fortunately, the other Agents being occupied getting lethal goodies meant that there was no-one to intrude while Ambaros stood waiting for the skin-dye to dry. That, the diplomat reflected, might have been awkward.

Before too long, Ambaros was heading off to find Pythia.

"Analyst Rayya?" The figure that stood in the doorway, clad in the battered attire chosen for Nadiem, now had jet-black hair, and dark brown skin. The rather self-effacing demeanour was the same, though, as were the rather ambiguous silhouette and the politely concerned blue eyes.

Tag: People in Q'u labs, Pythia

6. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Pythia Rayya, Command Centre

Loud music was blaring in the cubicle that the Flying Eyeballs had given Pythia to work in. It had mostly been up to scratch, but there were a couple of adjustments that needed doing if the mission was going to run to her exact standards. For this reason, Pythia was currently on her hands and knees under the console, muttering to herself and fiddling with strands of cable.

"Analyst Rayya?"

"What?" Pythia looked around to see a humanoid standing in the doorway. One of the Flying Eyeballs? Whoever they were, they didn't have much dress sense. "I'm kind of busy right now. This is an MI5 mission being set up here- didn't your superiors tell you we were coming?"

[TAG Ambaros]

[b]Markus Carfax, Q'u Branch[/b]

[i]"Since you intend to limit the team to smaller firearms, do you not you have any electro-magnetic-pulse guns, which would be of considerably more use, against the droid forces that they are likely to face?"[/i]

Markus frowned at the floating sphere. What in the galaxy was this thing? An what was it doing in his workshop?

"Blaster bolts have the advantage of working on both organic and non-organic enemies." He pointed out, walking around the floating ball to try and work out what it was. "Any bigger weapons can be picked up on the battlefield as and when the need arises."

He turned his head to listen to Shasta's evaluation.

"There you go. You're not being a Jedi, and that's an end to it. Now stop fussing and go rescue Sharkey."

[b][TAG the Last Bolt AI, Nifesta][/b]

7. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

Ambaros barely suppressed a laugh. "Apparently the disguises are effective, then." The Zeltron stepped in, absently picking up a bit of stray wiring before it could get in anyone's way.

"The others are still getting their weapons together, but I have mine, and the arguments were getting sharp." The diplomat shrugged. "The idea of Agent Nifesta trying to play a Jedi General... but they can work that out. Whatever is planned, I will fit into it as well as I can."

Tag: Pythia

8. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Pythia Rayya, Command Centre

"Oh, you're Agent Phunett!" Now that she was focusing, Pythia could recognise the sharp features and self-effacing nature of the Zeltron operative under the dye. "Good disguise job. Clever call, too. I don't image that there'll be many Zeltron on Nadiem."

"The idea of Agent Nifesta trying to play a Jedi General... but they can work that out. Whatever is planned, I will fit into it as well as I can."

"Ugh." Pythia rolled her eyes and returned to her cables. "I can tell you that's a bad idea straight off. It's chaos down there right now. Putting a rogue element like him in the position of a Jedi would probably get somebody killed."

Connections made, Pythia stood up and opened a packet on her desk. Opening it, she offered the end to Ambaros. "Biscuit?"

[TAG Ambaros]

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Well, that told Mitch (and me)! [face_laugh]

[b]IC: Mitch Nifesta[/b], Q?u Branch

?[color=chocolate][I]Blaster bolts have the advantage of working on both organic and non-organic enemies. Any bigger weapons can be picked up on the battlefield as and when the need arises.[/I][/color]? Markus responded to the Last Bolt as he circled it, clearly not recognising the artificial voice from his agent days.

In spite of what Mitch regarded as a reasoned argument, Markus jumped on Shasta?s interpretation of the situation, and bolstered it in his usual no-nonsense way.

?[color=chocolate][I]There you go. You're not being a Jedi, and that's an end to it. Now stop fussing and go rescue Sharkey.[/I][/color]?

?[b][I]Fine.[/I][/b]? The agent subsided reluctantly. ?[b]We better find him inside four standard hours, is all; as that is my current record for maintaining a frag-up free cover.[/b]?

He swept up a handful of rags from the clothes rack, and wrinkling his nose at the smell, stepped behind a screen to change, and so he could try out the rigs for both comfort, and speed of draw on the Theed Arms S-5.
    Maybe if he adopted a [I]Meerian Vice[/I] vibe for all this, he could get through it without endangering the rest of the team.

He grimaced to himself. Undercover work was so [I]hard[/I], so many unexpected variables. Maybe they should have shared some tips on the trip up, instead of just the Force-hiding.

Plus he felt vulnerable without the DC-15 banging against his leg every step.

His preferred gun-rig was a brown synthleather shoulder holster with two additional pouches for the more common blaster pack sizes. Out of sight of the Q?u Branch people, he lit the lightsabre, and used it to customise one pouch to admit the laser sword. The other he would use for a laser comlink.

Though an observer would probably have seen the sudden glow around his broad silhouette, and hear the momentary hum, he hoped they would not know what he had been doing until after the mission, and he was on his way back to Coruscant.

When he emerged from behind the screen, with a more ragged cloak concealing the two weapons, and comlink-laser; his own gear wrapped into a bundle, the room was significantly less colourful; the Zeltron had gone. Probably annoying someone with her lute.

Nifesta handed his bundle to the protocol droid holding his rifle, then returned to the cart, his gaze roving hopefully over the exposed trays, ?[b]Also, you got anything in the way of thermal detonators?[/b]?

[b]Tag: Any in the lab[/b]

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

Ambaros leaned comfortably against the edge of the desk. "Thank you." The biscuit was quite welcome, and Ambaros ate it neatly, taking care not to drop any stray crumbs.

"Q'u labs came up with some contact buttons and so on to keep in touch more discreetly," the Zeltron observed. "I brought two of them in here if you'd like to test and make sure they work well with the system you've set up..." One now-dark hand was extended, a pair of the little devices nestled atop the palm. "I've known very few technicians who didn't appreciate the chance to do a system compatibility check ahead of time."

Ambaros smiled a little. "No doubt I'll be suitably astonished by whatever the others choose, but I have the weapon I need, and beyond that, staying in contact seems one of the more important issues." A light, carefree smile accompanied the next half-joking comment. "Of course, I'd enjoy staying in contact even if it weren't a mission requirement."

Tag: Pythia

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Shasta, Rax, Q'u, Chalyssa, protocol droid
    Q'u Branch

Shasta Moonreaper had half a smile on her face when Carfax's one sentence suddenly seemed to change Nifesta's mind. She found the exchanges between he and Carfax kind of amusing. Way back in the day, they were enemies, then friends, now...what could you say about those two? She slid the datapad back into her pack and wandered over toward the rack of civilian clothing.

Chalyssa Sev'ven turned to look at the protocol droid who was now holding some of Nifest'a belongings. "Go ahead and put that stuff in one of the rooms."

Without a word, the droid left the laboratory.

Q'u watched Agent Nifesta walk up to the trays and ask about thermal detonators. "Ahh, yes. Explosives are one of my specialties." The elderly human reached into the pocket of his lab coat and pulled out a few Republic credit chips. Setting them on the tray, he said, "Simple ordinary Republic credit chips." Picking one of them up again, he placed his fingers along the edges of the chip. Holding the chip in between both hands, with all ten finger tips on the edges, he twisted one hand 90 degrees. The two halves of the thin chip twisted opposite directions (similar to a Rubik's Cube). "But when twisted like this, it turns into a timed thermal detonator. Twisting the two halves apart arms the detonator." He quickly twisted the credit chip back to it's original shape. "And twisting it back disarms the device." Holding the credit chip out for the big twi'lek to take, he added, "Once activated, you'll have 8 seconds before it goes off. So arm it, throw it, and run like hell. This is a credit chip that will most certainly break the bank."

Rax shook his head upon hearing Q'u's attempt at a joke about the exploding money.

TAG: Nifesta, and all still in Q'u Branch...

[b]OOC:[/b]

Since [b]Crona[/b] hasn't logged into the Forums for almost a month and [b]PRENN[/b] isn't responding to PMs, I'm considering their characters abandoned. And as I mentioned in the "Rules" section of my intro post for the game, if a player suddenly disappears from the game with no word, I'll be taking over their characters until they return...[i]if[/i] they return. So, I guess the characters Ricca and Rex Heaven are up-for-grabs. If anyone wants to take control of them, be my guest.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Adrien Phal

With all the discussion and arguing over Mitch as a Jedi going on Adrien decided to ignore the goings on and do his job, which at the moment was acquiring an outfit. Disguises were all well and good but they needed to fit the person. The Zeltron for instance knew this and had asked for some way of altering his skin colour for the operation, a natural quality that would have made him stick out like a sore thumb. That said, Adrien had is own defining quality that he could not simply avoid, his accent.

With the arguing going on he was in no real possession to ask the question that came to his mind so he set about choosing articles of clothing. Having worked undercover before Adrien knew what worked for him. A shoulder holster was a necessity, the size of the S-5 made hiding it on other parts of the body difficult for the type of clothing he was choosing. Along with this he chose a simple brown shirt, a somewhat darker coloured set of trousers, and a brown overcoat. A simple enough outfit to pass as one of Nadiem's many faceless farmers.

He quickly changed behind one of the kindly placed screens and put his normal clothing away, he wasn't one to waste time with small details, like checking to make sure everything was straight, it was after all a warzone down there. Stepping out from behind the screen he caught the tail end of the bank joke, which while itself wasn't all that funny, reminded him of a man back on his old CorSec division who made similar jokes. The result was a small laugh of nostalgia, which he quickly recovered from, clearing his throat as a badly preformed cover up. "I have thought to wonder, have you anything to alter the sound of someones voice? I happen to sound decidedly not from Nadiem."

Tag: All in labs

13. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Markus Carfax, Q'u Branch

With that little incident over, Markus was free to turn his attention to the other agent's problems. For example, Adrien Phal's issue with his accent.

"Well, maybe you're not originally from Nadiem." Markus suggested. "People move from planet to planet all the time- not all of 'em sound the same. And anyway, it's pretty chaotic down there. I imagine that the last thing people'll be worrying about is your accent."

He paused, suddenly distracted by the smell of burning leather. What the hells was Mitch up to behind that screen?

"Or you could just try putting on another accent. Shouldn't be too hard, it's basic spy work."

[TAG Adrien, any]

[b]Pythia Rayya, Command Centre[/b]

[i]"Of course, I'd enjoy staying in contact even if it weren't a mission requirement."[/i]

Pythia crunched her way through another biscuit and smiled.

"Feeling's mutual, Ambaros." She set the packet down and picked up the disgised comm devices. 'Thanks for bringing these up to me. They should be on the usual MI5 frequency, but you can't be too sure."

Turning back to her workstation, Pythia connected the comms to it and scanned the frequency.

"Yeah, this looks good to me. Green across the board." She disconnected them and handed them back to Ambaros. "Got to admire Q'u's work. I'll be sorry to see him go."

[b][TAG Ambaros][/b]

14. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    [/b]Tara Okeanos
    Q'u Branch

"As a farming world, it's not uncommon for natives of Nadiem to carry knives and the like." Markus mentally ran through his pre-op reading on the planet. "If you really want, I can give you a palm dagger for close quarters combat. They're over there."

Tara went over and examined the palm knives. They were light and concealable in wrist straps. Tara folded one out and gave it a couple of trial twirls. It was good, balanced, but she'd need some practise. She nodded towards R.

"Yes, I can definately use these. A knife in each boot and one in my belt along with this should do me fine. Thank you."

The subject of their disguises, and Agent Nifesta's in particular, was somewhat heated. She agreed with R and Shasta, Nifesta didn't exactly look the part of a Jedi. It wasn't just about throwing on a robe and having a lightsaber on your belt she was sure.

Spotting the clothes rack Tara gathered up a suitable set of garments and went to change in privacy. When she emerged she looked the part of a Nadiem civillian, with cloth wrappings on her wrists designed to help hide the palm dagger. Running a hand through her hair, Tara returned to the others.
    It seemed the situation over disguises had been diffused, but now Agent Phal's accent seemed to be an issue.

"I wouldn't worry about it," she spoke up, "I don't exactly sound like someone from farming world, but I can pull off an accent well enough if needed."

TAG: Any in Q'u branch

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tremor St'balis Pereriansa
    Flying Eyeball Space Station

Illogical species in a logical universe bound together and supplied by a rarely logical individuals of MI-5 and these haphazard FlyingEyeballs that were the bearer's of their fates. A most disturbing notion, but one had to keep a belief in the balance during times of such crises. What else was there to do but weigh and measure your path through a situation. At current it might be grim, but it was situation that could be dealt with.

Grabbing a few clothes here and there that were offered he stepped behind a curtain and allowed the being their time to 'cool off' as one of them might say. As was when he stepped out decked with loose topped boots and ragidy clothes he couldn't help but slide a fitted ring down his forward left horn to rest at the top of his head as well as dangle a necklas double wrapped to be a choker type jewelry piece just above the lump in his throat.

There was not much that could be done to desguise what he was, his horns would always stand prominently, although his cleanlyness had to take a suffering turn and he would have to forgo water for the rest of the day and limit his intake to adjust to proper impovershed state were the skin lost any sheen but was not cracking yet. Stepping up to the table he nodded as he picked up two small palm blasters. "An ankle or wrist holster would be appreciated. Also would a sword be out of place on a such a planet?"

"As for any points of contention with my appearance I am open to altercations to better. . . blend." Best to stick to weapons one was familiar with, and for him a vibro sword was worth more than a weapon that he merely had a somewhat passing profiency with.

TAG: Q'u, all in lab

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Since no one seemed to object to my mention of Rax disguising as a clone trooper, I'm going ahead with it. And that will work into what I originally had planned for Sharkey's squad of clones.

[b]IC: Q'u, Shasta, Rax, Rex[/b]
    [i]Q'u Branch - Flying Eyeball Space Station[/i]

Shasta had walked over to pick through the civilian farmer clothing on the rack when Adrien asked about altering his voice and accent.

R answered the agent by telling him it didn't matter if he had an accent.

"Oh, that reminds me," Q'u said, turning to the clone armor hanging on the rack. He reached up to grab the helmet. "This is just ordinary Phase I clone trooper armor. But here's something I'm particularly proud of. Modified to work well as a disguise, we've fitted the helmet with a voice altering device." The elderly Q'u slid the helmet on.

Rax cracked a smile, thinking Q'u looked funny wearing a clone helmet.

"So that when you speak with the helmet on, you'll sound just like a clone," Q'u said, his voice projecting through the device and coming out sounding exactly like a clone, accent and all.

Q'u slid the helmet back off and, in his regular voice again, said, "Just remember to add [i]Sir[/i] to the end of every sentence."

"Sweet," Rax exclaimed. "That's it. I'm wearing the armor."

"Also," Q'u continued, flipping the helmet upside-down so he could see into it, "this voice altering device," he pointed at it, "will also double as a thermal detonator. So if your cover is blown, you can always use the helmet to attack the enemy if you wish. Just turn this knob and push the button. As with the credit chips, you'll have 8 seconds until it explodes. It will no doubt--"

"Alright. Stop right there," Rax interrupted him before the inevitable bad joke could be said.

Q'u turned when he heard Tremor St'balis Pereriansa speak of swords. "Ah, here are some vibro weapons, Agent Pereriansa." The elderly human walked over to a rather large container that looked similar to a dresser that belonged in a bedroom. Pulling one of the metal drawers open, a number of different vibro weapons were revealed. "After reading your files, we specially modified these specifically to your liking. The handles on each of them have palm-readers, so you're the only one who can wield them. If the palm-readers sense someone elses touch, it will give them quite a shock. Just remember that when your fellow agent asks you to lend him a weapon. But it will be useful if they're stolen or if you're captured. They'll get quite a nasty surprise."

"Okay, I'm here," Rex Heaven said as he staggered into Q'u Branch. Having gone without alcohol for a few days was killing him. His head was pounding. He needed alcohol. Maybe he could find some on Nadiem...

"Oh no," the Pantoran agent mumbled under his breathe, remembering the drool from the Briefing Room back at HQ.

"There's no way I'm lugging that armor around," Rex said. "I'm wearing the ratty clothes." He brushed past Shasta and reached for the clothing.

[b]TAG: Mitth, and whoever is still in Q'u Branch...[/b]

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt, Q'u Branch

Mitch turned from the accessories tray as Q'u addressed his thermal detonator query.

"Ahh, yes. Explosives are one of my specialties." The older technician announced.

The twi'lek nodded; he remembered.

Q'u pulled some money, or at least some credit chips, which were just as good, if not better, from the pocket of his lab coat, and sprawled then on the tray, after clearing a little spot for them. He picked one up.

"Simple ordinary Republic credit chips." Picking one of them up again, he placed his fingers along the edges of the chip. Holding the chip in between both hands, with all ten finger tips on the edges, he twisted one hand 90 degrees. The two halves of the thin chip twisted opposite directions.

Mitch observed closely, noting every movement and nuance.

"But when twisted like this, it turns into a timed thermal detonator. Twisting the two halves apart arms the detonator. And twisting it back disarms the device."

"Q'u, you nest-fra-" He started to praise with admiration, then remembering that Crona was just fifteen standard years, he amended the sentence. "-uh, frumper. Nice work."

The scientist held the demo chip out for the big twi'lek to take, he warning, "Once activated, you'll have 8 seconds-"

"8 seconds." Mitch happily took the proffered device, spinning it a foot into the air, and catching it casually between thumb and forefinger.

"-before it goes off. So arm it, throw it, and run like hell. This is a credit chip that will most certainly break the bank."

While Rax shook his head at the joke, Mitch chuckled and nodded. "Oh, good one, Q'u. You should be on stage."

There is one leaving in five minutes. The AI sphere interjected from near Markus.

Nifesta smiled and wagged a forefinger at the cheeky globe. "Now now, Last Bolt; play nice."

Adrian Phal stepped out from behind a screen, looking better in the farmer gear than the twi'lek did.
    "I have thought to wonder, have you anything to alter the sound of someones voice? I happen to sound decidedly not from Nadiem."

"I wouldn't worry about it," Tara put in, looking even better in the civilian attire. "I don't exactly sound like someone from farming world, but I can pull off an accent well enough if needed."

Agent P, Mitch wasn't having any truck with four syllable surnames on this op', professed a familiarity with vibroswords, which suggested to the twi'lek, a shorter life span against the Separatist droid army, than even Six (Ricci).

"Oh, that reminds me." As Q'u turned towards the clone armour on offer, Mitch palmed two more of the credit chip thermal detonators. He did not want to go through the same one item per person guano that Markus had done with the guns.
    That made him realise that the Zeltron had been right, M's orders be damned; they should have re-supplied back at headquarters.

Pawing through the shiny and the dangerous, he came up with a pair of dark glasses that would be great for concealing his blood-red eyes, which some of the agents were not comfortable with.

"Okay, I'm here." Agent Heaven staggered into the laboratory. Nifesta assumed the droid had given him directions.

He held the sunglasses up for any of the Q'u Branch people to see dwarfed in his hand. "What do these do?" He hoped they could be tied in with video, so he could see what the Last Bolt saw, so he could use the AI for surveillance. Though knowing the department, they could probably blow a hole through five inches of duracrete.

Tag: Q'u, all in lab

18. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry. The website was having trouble loading. I wasn't able to post anything at all yesterday. My next IC post will be up momentarily...

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Q'u
    Q'u Branch - Flying Eyeball

"What do these do?"

Q'u turned to see Nifesta wearing the dark glasses. "Don't touch that!" he exclaimed, snatching the glasses off Nifesta's face. "Those are my 1200 credit Ray-Ban's. I wondered where those had gotten to."

Sliding the glasses in the pocket of his lab coat, he reached down toward the trays of gadgets and gave Nifesta another pair of glasses, looking almost identical to his Ray-Ban's. "This is what you're looking for. It can be linked to any droid or AI that has some sort of photoreceptor. When activated, you'll be able to see a translucent holo-image on the inside of the lenses of whatever the droid sees. But the image cannot be seen from the outside of the lenses so no one else will know what you're looking at."

TAG: Nifesta, any others...

[b]OOC:[/b] Unless anyone wants more gadgets, weapons, and/or disguises, we can begin to head out and make our way to the next part of the mission: a quick visit with Saesee Tiin in the blockade around Nadiem.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Agent Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt AI, Q'u Branch

The senior technician put another pair of sunglasses onto Mitch's nose with a smooth flourish that belied his evident age, then launched into the spiel of what it could do.

Mitch raised eyebrows at how close it came to his unspoken wishes; had the man developed psi powers during the intervening decades?

"Last Bolt?" He queried at the end of the briefing.

On it.

There was a head-up-display on the inside of the right lens, with ON and OFF. Mitch's eye flicked to ON, and a pale blue-grey line materialised across the dark lense, then expanded up and down to form a square-with corners-rounded-off. There was nothing to see yet, but after a moment, the sight of Markus holding the Q2 holdout, swam into view.

"Okay,that's it mate. You got the frequency." Straightening, the twi'lek patted himself down, checking he had laser comlink, lightsabre, S-5 pistol, three thermal detonator credit chips, and his trusty wrist-link.
    "Okay, I am good to go; I'll stand in the corridor and give you guys more room in here. Thanks, Q'u; as ever, you are the greatest." He turned to Markus, and waved a casual three-fingered salute to draw his gaze and set up the muttered mind trick that only the ex-hacker would hear: "You will hand me the Q2, and instead cook the lovely Doctor Chakwas a birthday dinner in your cabin."

The ragged cloak fluttered and billowed as Mitch swept from the laboratory to stand outside, some metres from the doorway. Be interesting to see if Markus followed and handed over the prize, or succeeded in resist....ing....

The twi'lek's thoughts trailed off as the image inside the lense swept round to focus on Commander Sev'ven's more admirable form.

"Magnify a bit. Perfect. Thanks, LB."

Ah, what are friends for? The Last Bolt answered through his wrist-link.

Besides, this was all good practice for the mission ahead.

Tag: Q'u, Markus/R, Sev'ven, all in laboratory

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

OOC: Moving on to the next stage in the mission...

IC: Saesee Tiin

After the happenings in Q'u Branch's lab aboard the Eyeball space station, Commander Chalyssa Sev'ven and Q'u bid the agents farewell. The various orange-plated protocol droids escorted the agents toward the docking bay so they could board the MI5 vessel Gunboat Diplomat.

The next step was to have a brief meeting with High Jedi General Saesee Tiin, who was aboard a vessel in the blockade around Nadiem.

As the Diplomat exited the docking bay, Nadiem was visible. The Flying Eyeball space station had slowly moved closer to the planet while the MI5 agents were aboard.

The Diplomat made it's way through the ships in the blockade, with proper Republic codes and ship identification (disguised as a Galactic Republic ship to maintain cover), and headed toward the Warmonger, an Acclamator II-class assault ship within the blockade. As they boarded, an officer was there to greet them and escort them to a private conference room where Saesee Tiin waited. The officer walked out of the room, wondering why General Tiin would want to speak with a bunch of Nadiem refugees.

As Tiin watched the door slide closed behind the officer, he looked at the group. He eyes moved over to the clone trooper. "Take off your helmet."

The clone trooper did, and revealed himself to be a Pantoran.

"Okay, good," Tiin said. "Just making sure you weren't actually a clone." Commander Sev'ven had contacted him regarding the agents and their disguises so that he would know for sure when he saw them.

"A Jedi's life is at stake and I want to thank you all for coming all the way out here to the Outer Rim to help find him." Tiin turned on a holo-image of a birds-eye-view of the terrain on Nadiem. "This is Threadneedle Canyon," he pointed to it, "where the Droid Army is amassing. Roughly 20 miles to the west is where General Sharkey supposedly found a Separatist base...according to his clone squad. The only thing in that area is a cave, possibly an abandoned mine. We haven't had a chance to examine it any closer than this." He deactivated the image. "We'll be dropping you off in a small town called Windsor just outside of the Canyon. You'll be able to start your investigation there, away from the battle in the Canyon. Are there any questions so far?"

TAG: ALL PLAYERS...

OOC: Let's not forget, the agents are currently in a secured room with only Saesee Tiin, so you can speak freely about MI5 and the mission. But outside that room, you must maintain your cover at all times. And here are some images to help you visualize the happenings in the post:

Gunboat Diplomat (or something awfully similar):
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100323155545/starwars/images/thumb/1/11/CR-20_Troop_Carrier.jpg/345px-CR-20_Troop_Carrier.jpg]

Warmonger:
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060216194218/starwars/images/c/ca/AcclamatorII.JPG]

Saesee Tiin:
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080412191104/starwars/images/thumb/a/a2/Saesee_face2.jpg/236px-Saesee_face2.jpg]

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta

Following the talk from Tiin, over his aerial holography, the agent had started to wonder what tracomp and compass capability the team had between them.

"We'll be dropping you off in a small town called Windsor just outside of the Canyon. You'll be able to start your investigation there, away from the battle in the Canyon. Are there any questions so far?"

Windsor, eh? Mitch put up his hand from his seated position. "Agent Nifesta. What direction, and what distance from the canyon and the cave, is this town?"

Tag: Tiin

OOC: Dubya, are you able to do an illustration of the birds-eye situation pic, showing canyon, Windor, suspected Sep base, and the two opposing forces?

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Yeah, I guess I could whip something up. I'll have that posted soon.

24. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005

It had been good to get a chance to speak more privately with the Analyst; she radiated emotions of such an uplifting calibre that it would be hard not to enjoy being around her. This was, of course, combined with the fact that she did seem genuinely nice.

Ambaros smiled a little at the thought.

Now, though, they were being given their last-minute briefing by Master Tiin. Now there was a powerful being. To the Zeltron's empathy field, he nearly filled the room with his presence; even Nifesta was less significant.

It was interesting to see the others in their disguises; they, notably, had not seen the Zeltron's new, more human-like appearance until everyone had been called back together. No doubt the black hair and brown skin had mentally thrown a few of them, but it was of little concern beside the need to get down to business.

They'd been asked if they had any questions, but the diplomat had none. It all seemed simple enough; they would arrive in the town to begin their investigations, and where there were people, Ambaros would be more useful, cajoling information out of those down there.

Unless...

"Has the town been evacuated yet, being in such a danger zone? If not, is it due to be at any time soon, and how many people are we likely to find there?"

Tag: Tiin, others

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Sorry. Kind of a hectic week... But below is a simple, crude map a created (not necessarily to scale). Since I don't know what the actual Star Wars EU Nadiem/Canyon looks like, I made it up myself.

The northern part of the canyon is Republic territory, with the village they're defending in the valley at the end of the canyon. The southern part is controlled by the Separatists, with Droid Army encampments at each opening to the canyon (where the black line breaks on the map). If the cave is roughly 20 miles west of the canyon wall, then Windsor would be just shy of that (maybe 17 or 18 miles) north of the cave but still in Republic territory. There's also a river that runs straight through the canyon. More info follows in the upcoming IC post.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/xyz11/LicenceToClonemap.png]

[b]IC: Saesee Tiin[/b]
    [i]Warmonger[/i] - Blockade around Nadiem

Agent Nifesta asked, [i]"What direction, and what distance from the canyon and the cave, is this town?"[/i]

Opening up the holo-image again, Tiin answered, "Windsor is about 17 miles north of the cave, but still in Republic territory. And it's only a few miles west of the nearest canyon wall. The cave itself is in Confederacy territory, so we can't get you too much closer or our transport will most likely be shot down."

Then the human-looking Zeltron asked, [i]"Has the town been evacuated yet, being in such a danger zone? If not, is it due to be at any time soon, and how many people are we likely to find there?"[/i]

Tiin responded, "Windsor has not yet been attacked like the village in the valley has, so we're not evacuating as of now. But we have a clone troop encampment there in case they decide to attack. Most of our forces are in the valley because that's where the Droid Army has hit us the hardest. We're in the process of preparing for an evacuation in Windsor. We're moving as many transports in as we can, but most of them are being used in the valley. Windsor is surrounded by farmland, so it's a central location for those people. There's at least a few thousand people there. A bustling little town. Some fear that they'll be attacked and have fled on their own."

[b]TAG: All...[/b]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.