main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Lie No More" [Dark Han Vignette - Some K/J - Post NJO]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    LIE NO MORE

Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Note: One poster people. Sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a snap, the power pack slid back into place on his blaster. Raising it, Han looked down the barrel, checking the alignment and nodding with satisfaction. Letting his chairs front legs hit the floor with a crack, he scooped a datapad off the table, a glint of gold catching his eye. Brushing aside datacards, his eyes fell upon the band of gold.

His wedding ring.

Reaching out, his fingers lightly brushed the cold metal, memories flashing through his mind. Laughter, happiness, love? lies. And the bittersweet feeling of fulfilment the last time he had worn it.

?Han, you really should get ready. We have to be out of here in under an hour.? She looked up as she felt his gaze, a frown creasing her deceptively beautiful face. ?Han??

He stepped closer. ?You lied to me.?

She straightened. ?Han, what are you talking about??

?You told me you would arrange for the charges against Kyp to be dropped.? He growled. ?You told me you would have the ?Falcon? repaired within a month. You
    told me we would stop running and settle down.?

She swallowed hard. ?Han, calm down-?

He pointed at the door. ?The kid is in prison awaiting execution. The
    Falcon has had its insides removed for spare parts while the rest of it has been given to a museum, and now you tell me that we have to travel the galaxy as ambassadors for the rest of our lives??

She took a long step back away from him. ?Han??

He pointed accusingly at her, following. ?This was
    your doing, sweetheart. It?s your signature on each and every document.? He gritted his teeth. ?And now you?ve told the council I was behind the revolt. Not you, me.?

Her hand fumbled for her lightsaber, but he grabbed the corner of the bedsheets, tugging at them hard and grabbing the lightsaber before she could reach for it with the Force. ?You?re very good at covering your own arse. I should have realised, all those years ago, that you would do this.?

?Han-?

?Shut up!? He narrowed his eyes. ?I?ve had enough of your lies, princess. It ends right here, right now.?

Her eyes widened as he raised his blaster and held it inches from her face. ?Han!?

The room lit up with a red flash as he pulled the trigger. Turning, he moved toward the bedside table and plucked a single red rose from the vase. Moving back to her crumpled, now faceless form, he pressed the rose against his nose, then dropped it onto her chest. He looked down at her, reaching out to snatch his bag from the bed.

?No more lies.?

With a sharp movement of his hand, he sent the ring flying off his desk and watched it roll away. Glancing down at the datapad, he brushed his now long hair out of his face, scowling at the dark grey mixed with fine threads of white. He had been able to stop his wife from lying, but he couldn?t stop himself from aging.

Here he was, nearing his mid-sixties, and finally the galaxy sat back and listened. But did they act? No. All they did was try and stop him. But no one would stop him. No one. Not even Leia, the figure that haunted him in the shadows.

He scowled. His former wife had been more trouble then she was worth.

He stared down at the datapad in his hands, ignoring the conversation around him. Here it was, in print, her final lie.

He looked up, noting the heated discussion between Skywalker and Jade. So far, no one suspected him as the killer, instead searching out her enemies, or even the Peace Brigade. Not even his son had thrown a suspicious glance his way, though Jacen had known of the late night fights, the whispered threats.

Han?s eyes drifted, settling upon the gaze of his only daughter. Catching her eye, he nodded to the side, standing and leading the way out of the room and into the side room, datapad still in hand. He shooed away the room?s occupants. Some things didn?t need to be overheard.

Jaina closed the door, turning to him. ?Why would she do it Dad?

2. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    oh. my. god.

WOW. that was unconventional, and how, but WOW. superbly written. Dark, yes, but fantastic.

Finally an original idea among the many hundreds of cliches out there. Looks like I have a nomination to make for the fanfic awards.

TJP, you've really outdone yourself this time. The way you told Han's side of the story - something rarely done in both books and fics - was really great. Not to mention the fact that Jaina would never betray her father - very fitting.

Again, congratulations on this dazzling piece of work, and good luck for the future, sweetie.

-JSD

3. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_shocked] Wow. That was . . . very, very weird. Very dark. I never thought that Han would turn to the darkside. That's . . . kind of freaky. Well-written, as always, but, very, very dark and sad and scary.

-duskwings

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Han kills Leia after more than 20 years of marriage???? Arguhhhh!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!

:(

5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

Oh my.....
    That was great, the_jedi_princess. Unconventional, dark.....a definite nomination for the fan fiction awards when they roll around. You know what, I am sooo glad that I'm no longer the only one that had Han go to the dark side in a fic, my readers about killed me for it when I did it! :p

I never thought Han would have killed Leia, but yet.....the falcon, his freedom. Both are very important to him. I liked the bit with the red roses, great symbolism and repitition of themes. (sorry, that was the English Major comming out in me, I had to say that. :p )

The fact that Jaina would never betray her father was wonderful, because really, Jaina has often seemed like a younger, female version of her father.

Great job. And thank you thank you for having it be Kyp that ended up with Jaina, not Jag! :D

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    awesome job -- especially loved jaina joining her dad [face_devil] nice and original work TJP :D

~TJF

7. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoa. That was INCREDIBLE. I'm really sad there won't be more! Great job as usual...

Anna

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    OH HOLY FORCE! this is so good i'm shaking. i NEED the next part TJP, i'm dying to know what comes next!

Jez

edit: ok i had to read the post again and now i'm wondering. if han sends roses to someone does that mean he is going to kill him? and does han have the force in this story?

9. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    To answer your questions Jez: Yes, Han has the Force, but only the Dark Side and he is weaker then Tionne. He can't manipulate it, only feel it and know what it is saying. And the red roses things... saw Daredevil the other night and it was what the bad guy did. You could say I've made it Han's trademark. When Lando gets the roses, he is going to freak. ;)

10. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Very strange but also very well written.

Han Solo. Corellian Kingpin.

11. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Han Solo. Corellian Kingpin.

Bingo. :p

12. Rogue_Princess

Rogue_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    oh.my.lord. i think that was the best fic i have ever read. no joke- that was awesome!! i, for one, have a thing for evil- that was so cool han went evil. i love it!!! too bad there is no more though...oh well, nice work!

-Rogue Princess

13. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  14. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i'll get back to you on this one.

it was good.

15. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    :eek: oh. my. kriffin. gosh. WOW! Han Solo, Dark Lord (well sort of). And he can touch the Force. One question though, is Anakin alive or dead in this fic? Other than that, keep it up! :)

16. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Anakin is dead (unfortunatly). It's post-NJO remember.

17. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
  18. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    what she ^ said

-JSD

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    UP!

-JSD

gah....*goes DS on OPPM*

20. Jaya_Jade_Durron

Jaya_Jade_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    JP, u mean there is no more? thatz it? that just can not be. i love this fic it has become on of my fav. all i can really say is WOW!!!!WOW!!!!WOW!!!WOW!!and WOW!!
    Jaya Jade Durron

21. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Yeap, one post and one post only. Any more would ruin it. Besides, I wanted to leave the rest up to your imagination.

22. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    The Fan Fiction awards are coming! Whoopee! I may have a chance this time around, hopefully with this viggie and "Papa Don't Preach". What do you think?

I got nominated for best author last time around, and I'm still on a high. Only by one person though, and it didn't make the voting, but that was enough for me. :D :p

23. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jul 3, 2002
    We'll make sure you get nominated and voted on this time, TJP...won't we, people?

-JSD

24. Rogue_Princess

Rogue_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2003
    Sure thing JSD! again- good work TJP

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.