main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Life After The Jedi #1: Fall Out (Pre-JA Xani/Qui)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FELICIA_ZEZILI, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Title: Life After The Jedi #1: Fall Out
    Author: Felicia Zezili
    Summary: Xanatos is at a dangerous point in his training. His master believes that he is ready or his trials to become a knight but the Council is uncertain. One mission stands in-between him and his goal of being a knight and Xanatos encounters a conflict in his life he never had to deal with before.
    Rating: PG-13 EU Drama/Angst, Action
    Disclaimer: I do not own any recognizable characters, locations, or objects that appear in this story. They belong to their specific creators (I.e.: George Lucas, Jude Watson). I?m only playing with them and promise to return them unharmed.
    Author?s Notes: I know there are several stories about Xanatos?s fall from the Order. I don?t want to just add to that number but what I want to do is write a small series on Xanatos and his life before his fall and afterwards. I love the Jedi Apprentice books. The one thing I don?t love, is how vague Jude Watson is when it comes to her characters. There is very little solid information on Xanatos and his past except for the few tidbits that Qui-Gon would recall. I understand that if it?s not essential to the plot then there?s no point for it but he could at least have a last name. So, because of all these things, I will be filling in the empty spots as I come to them. I will be trying to go along with the JA books but it will become AU especially around JA#8. Hope you enjoy anyway.

Chapter 1 - One Final Mission

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn entered the small meditation chamber. The overhead light source was set to a low dim that it was almost hard to see inside the room but Qui-Gon?s eyes adjusted quickly to the lack of lighting and besides he had been in this room numerous times in his life. He could be blinded and know the exact layout of the space. The oval room was always bare except for two padded circular chairs that were placed in the center of the room.

Seated on one of the padded chairs was the small form of the ancient Jedi Master Yoda. His head was lowered with his ears pointed down and bulbous eyes were closed but Qui-Gon knew that Yoda was aware of his presence.

Qui-Gon walked across the room to the other chair. He lowered his body onto the chair and crossed his legs. He watched the Jedi Master and waited to be acknowledged.

Yoda lifted his head and opened his eyes. ?Brings you here what does, Qui-Gon??, he asked in that odd mannerism he spoke in.

?My Padawan.? Qui-Gon replied, ?I wanted to discuss the possibilities of Xanatos taking his trials.?

?Hmmm?Believe him ready you truly do?? Yoda asked quizzically, eyeing the other master who sat across from him.

Qui-Gon kept his expression emotionless though he felt a slight twinge of annoyance at Yoda?s question. He supposed that the master would ask that of every master who brought up the topic of their padawan?s trials but there was a history between him and Yoda when it came to the topic of his padawan Xanatos.

Ever since the beginning, when Qui-Gon had decided to take Xanatos as his padawan leaner, Yoda would constantly question him about the boy?s training. Xanatos was no different then any other apprentice as far as Qui-Gon was concerned and Yoda?s interference irked him. He would never admit it of course. Though he was certain that Yoda was aware of his feelings.

?Yes Master,? He said with certainty, ?He is ready for his trials. He has exceptional control of his abilities and an understanding of the Force. The solo missions he has undertaken were accomplished without any complications. He has passed his preliminary testing with near perfect scores. He has learned all he can from me.?

?Hmph, A skilled student he may be, but concerned of his abilities I am not. What of his temper and pride? Ignore those you cannot.? Yoda pointed out.

Qui-Gon took a deep breath and exhaled through his nose. ?Yes, of course I would never ignore those points, Master. He is improving though. With more responsibility I believe he will on

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please PM when you update, this is very good! I can't wait for more! :D =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.