main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Life Among the Dead ~ Anakin/Tahiri post Rebirth AU *ON HOLD* (See author's note)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qwi_Xux, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina-Jen

Jaina-Jen Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    *walks in* *reads* Wow! This is really.... AWESOME! I love reading A/T. They are so perfect for each other! [face_love]

2. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Star-When do things ever look good for them? ;)

Fireyforce-Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

knightleia-Thanks! :) Everyone hopes Riina won't take over...that wouldn't bode well for poor Tahiri.

Chie-Hehe, thank you! :D I love writing cliffies. I hate reading them, but writing them is so much fun. [face_devil] ;) I appreciate the promise of no pestering of violence. 8-}

Kev-I thought I'd get a reaction, but I wasn't quite prepared for one so wonderful. [face_mischief] I have to say, reading yours was a lot of fun. And you're very right--Anakin and Tahiri's romances often happen in tight situations. But who am I kidding? When are they ever not in tight situations?

Sari-Kissing...hmmm... [face_mischief]

Jen-Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :)

I apologize that this is so short. I'm busy and I'm writing far too many stories...I blame those attacking plot bunnies.

~*~

(Wake me up) Wake me up inside
    (I can't wake up) Wake me up inside
    (Save me) Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up) Bid my blood to run
    (I can't wake up) Before I come undone
    (Save me) Save me from the nothing I've become

Chapter Four

"Because I love you." Anakin stared at the back of Tahiri's head, stunned into silence. He wasn't quite sure he had heard her correctly. He tried to think of what he should say, but as he still wasn't certain Tahiri had said what he thought she had...

She left no doubt about what had come out of her mouth when she covered her eyes with her hands and turned away from him. His hand slipped from her wrist as she covered her eyes. Her whole body trembled, but Anakin couldn't tell if she was crying, though tears had been running down her cheeks just moments earlier.

He might not be sure exactly how to respond to Tahiri's statement, but he had dealt with her crying numerous times. It always made him uncomfortable, but at least it was something he was familiar with.

"Tahiri," he said awkwardly, kneeling beside her. What do I say? he wondered. Then a voice that sounded suspiciously like his sister Jaina said, Anakin, you dolt, she just spilled her heart to you. She's ready to talk. So tell her how you feel.

Anakin took a deep breath. Easier said than done. He had been rehearsing the words for weeks, but actually saying them was something else entirely. Start small, he instructed himself. "You don't have to be scared," he said softly, gently touching her shoulder. "If you've been having dreams--if that's what's been keeping you from sleeping and eating--well, we'll deal with them. We've dealt with dreams before, remember?" That had been how they had met, and become best friends--they had both been having the same dream.

Tahiri still wasn't looking at him, and her body was still shaking, but he felt her body relax a tiny bit. Encouraged, Anakin continued. "If Riina comes back, we'll fight her together, Tahiri. I'll always help you. You know that. I know you're afraid of screwing up the whole galaxy, but I get afraid of that too, all the time. It'll be okay. And whoever you've become...whoever you find out you are now, you'll always be my Tahiri. I'll love you no matter what." He reached over to cup her chin in his hand and turned her face to look at him. Tears still streamed silently down her cheeks, but she looked hopeful. "Do you hear me? I love you, Tahiri."

Tahiri's lower lip trembled, and before he had time to react, she had flung herself on him. She clung to him and began to sob in earnest.

Feeling a bit less uncomfortable, Anakin wrapped his own arms tightly around Tahiri and simply held her. When she was all cried out, she lifted her tear-stained face to look at him. She looked positively ready to drop with exhaustion. "Why?" she whispered.

Anakin raised an eyebrow. "Why what?"

"Why do you love me?"

Anakin blinked. She wanted a reason? "Well..." he considered the question carefully. Tahiri

3. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Great post.too bad it was so short :( oh well i'll just have to wait until next post. well atleast Anakin told Tahiri how he feels. Keep it up. Can't wait till next post!

4. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Time's getting short for our heroes.

And I liked Anakin comparing him and Tahiri to his parents.

5. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jedi-Tahiri-Veila Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2003
    I LOVE THIS!!

Sorry... been lurking since the last three posts... :( Please don't be mad.

Anyway, I've been anxiously awaiting this post since I found out what happened last time. Great job!

6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    He said it! He said it! They're in love! They're in deep trouble, and they have to pull other people who are in just as deep trouble out of trouble, but THEY'RE IN LOVE!!!!!!!! The Jedi Order could suddenly collapse, and all would still be right in the galaxy ;) :D.

7. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Jedi_Anakin_Solo: LOL! [face_laugh]

Great post, Qwi! I love it! Or rather, I love mush! [face_love]

More soon!

8. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    knightleia-Thanks! Hopefully the next post will be a bit longer. :)

Star-Yes, it is. Thanks! :D

Tahiri-Veila-Thank you so much! I'm not mad you've been lurking...I love it when lurkers de-lurk and tell me what they think. :D

Kev-LOL! It would be easier for Anakin and Tahiri if the Jedi Order was intact. ;)

Chie-Thanks! I like mush too. [face_mischief] It's good to have a balance, though.

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Easier? Humpfh. Where's the fun in that? :p ;)

10. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    I love the way this story has progressed! :) Sorry I haven't been around in so long; I was in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island these past six weeks, and I just recently returned.

I really enjoyed catching up with your story. It has an intriguing plot and is typical Qwi-writing, meaning that it's fantastic. :D You also nailed Anakin and Tahiri's characters right on the dot. I feel like you really bring them to life, so much so that it seems like they're running the show on their own sometimes *sees Anakin and Tahiri running by with a plot bunny in their arms* ;) Hehe, but it goes to show that you've really brought out their characters well, and given them a dimension that's lacking in the books.

Great job again! I'm intrigued to see where Tahiri's dreams will lead and how it will unfold with the rest of the story. Bravo!

Dusty

11. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jun 1, 2003
  12. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Kev-Fun? Hmmm...fun in not having difficulty... 8-}

Dust-Hi!! Haven't seen you in a while! Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you're liking it. :) I feel like you really bring them to life, so much so that it seems like they're running the show on their own sometimes *sees Anakin and Tahiri running by with a plot bunny in their arms* *groans* Oh, you have no idea! Take this post for example...did I plan this? No! It just...happened! Again, thanks a lot!!

Jedi-Tahiri-Thanks for the up! :D

I apologize again for the very short post, but I've been insanely busy lately with Anakin's ear infection and teething and tons of different stories and working on buying a house.

Hopefully this'll hold you over for a little while!

"Tahiri, it's dawn," Anakin pointed out the obvious, motioning ahead of them through edge of the trees where the sun was peeking up. They had walked through the forest all night, with not a sight or sound of a Yuuzhan Vong outpost, though they had hidden from several patrols.

"I know," Tahiri said crossly.

Anakin ignored her tone. She had been up for as long as he had--yes, he was tired--but she hadn't been eating or sleeping recently. He had managed to get her to eat a little bit as they had been trudging through the trees, but he was still worried at her lack of food. She needed her energy--probably the only reason she had eaten the small amount he had cajoled into her. "We should meditate now," he reminded her.

"Wait. There's a tree line up ahead. Maybe there's a clearing or some kind of outpost."

Doubtful--Anakin didn't sense any Yuuzhan Vong nearby through his lambent--he sighed and said, "All right, but if there's nothing there, we'll meditate."

Tahiri nodded shortly, and they moved silently for the tree line. Tahiri gasped when they peered through. "Anakin..." she whispered.

Anakin's eyes were fixed on the sight before them. For as far as he could see this part of the jungle was in desolation. The trees were missing--not even stumps remained. The reddish-brown dirt stretched out for miles. And in the dirt... "Tahiri, what is it?"

Tahiri stepped out into the clearing, crouching beside one of the thousands of spiky-looking blue plants that were shot with a fleshy color. "I don't know. It looks a bit like a trosh'a--plants that the Yuuzhan Vong use for medicinal purposes--yes, they have their own type of medicine. Maybe medicine isn't the right word...but it's the best translation." She stretched a finger toward the plant. "It's not a trosh'a, though."

"Tahiri..." Anakin watched the plant with a wary eye. It seemed to turn toward her finger.

"It's all rig--" Tahiri began, but she was cut off when the plant suddenly threw itself forward, slamming its upper spikes into Tahiri's hand. She gasped and ripped her hand back, staring at it. Long blue-and-peach spikes poked out of her hand...

Anakin grimaced. Not out of her hand; through her hand. The plant was shaking now, rattling its spikes, and other plants nearby were doing the same thing. "I have a very bad feeling about this," Anakin muttered, pulling Tahiri farther back out of reach of the plant. Tahiri was pale, still staring at her hand. She reached out and grabbed one of the spikes to pull it out, but as soon as she touched it, she cried out in pain.

"What?" Anakin asked, alarmed.

"It...moved when I tried to touch it, and my arm suddenly burned..."

Anakin reached out to touch it, but Tahiri yanked her hand back. "No, don't, it might get you, too." Grim determination on her face, Tahiri grabbed one of the spikes and ripped it out of her hand, groaning and biting her lip as she did so. Throwing it as far as she could, she took a deep breath and looked at her hand. "One down, eight to go."

Anakin moved as close to the nearest plant as he dared, trying to get a better look at it, while Tahiri yanked another spike out of her hand. After two more gasps of pain, Tahiri said, "Umm...Anakin..." Her voice sounded th

13. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I had a little catching up to do but, im soo glad that i did *rubs hands together*, oh yea, its getting reaaaallly good now!!!!

nina

14. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Those Vong plant things are weird.

I've seen worse though; 13th Legion, a plant that mind-controls its victims and drains their blood, while keeping them alive all the way through. That segment just plain and simple weirded me out.

15. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    just caught up with the whole story, great work

16. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh No Tahiri fainted! curses and Anakin doesn't know what those plants are or what they will do to her. I hope he'll be able to hide her in a tree or something so the Vong won't find them. Great post! Keep it up!

17. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Wow, it looks like they've gotten themselves into a fix.

Great post, Qwi! :)

Dusty

18. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    jainafel-Thank you! :D

Star-Lots of things the Vong have are weird, huh? ;) 13th Legion? Sounds horrific!

forceaddict-Thank you! :)

knightleia-Anakin's innovative...I'm sure he'll think of something. We hope... [face_devil] 8-}

Dust-Wouldn't be Anakin and Tahiri if they weren't in some kind of fix. ;) Thanks!

Sorry it's been so long since I put up a post! I've been so busy, and as far as writing, I've been trying to get other stories finished or going...*sigh* Blame it on the plot bunnies. I should have something soon!

19. Jedi_StarDust

Jan 27, 2002
    Don't worry about it, Qwi. DRL and plot bunnies make a dangerous match; take your time and we'll still be here. :)

Dust

20. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    [face_shocked] This doesn't look good...

21. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Dust-Indeed they do! Thank you for your understanding and patience! :)

Chie-No, it doesn't... [face_devil]

Well! I actually have a post for this story...seems the plot jump-started again. 8-}

"Tahiri!" Anakin was at her side in an instant. She was still breathing, but from the sense Anakin was getting in the Force, it might not be for long. He had to get those spikes out of her. And what then, Solo? She's probably poisoned. How are you supposed to get that out of her blood?

She's going to die.
    That was ridiculous. Tahiri couldn't die, least of all as the result of some stupid plant. Determination swept over Anakin, and he pulled out his lightsaber, pressing the button on its hilt. His violet blade shot out, and he could feel the lambent within it. It was almost resonating right now... It's in tune with the plants, Anakin realized. That shouldn't have surprised him. The lambent was, after all, part of a Yuuzhan Vong plant.

Anakin reached his blade out and touched it to one of the spikes protruding through Tahiri's hand. He was hoping it wouldn't have an even worse effect, but to his relief, as soon as the lightsaber touched it, the spike--the part that didn't get burned, anyway--wiggled and slid out of Tahiri's hand, squirming on the ground. Anakin quickly did the same to the other four spikes, then yanked Tahiri off the ground and away from the vile things.

Her skin was cold, and her face pale. Anakin pulled her back just into the trees, and set propped her against one of them. "Tahiri, don't do this to me!" Cursing, he reached into his pack for his med-kit, not knowing what good it would do. He dug frantically through the med-kit, looking for something--anything--that would help her, and came up empty-handed.

Some of the final words Jaina had spoken to him came to mind. "It's hard to admit that you can't help, even when you want to. I've had come to that conclusion before. It's never something we want to realize--but sometimes, that's just the way it is."

No, no, no! There has to be something I can do.
    There had always been something he could do, always a way out.

Tahiri's body siezed up, and her back arched. "Force, Tahiri! Don't do this to me!" Anakin grabbed her to keep her head from slamming back against the tree. He closed his eyes and tried to feel her mind, but something was blocking him. Was it Tahiri? Was her mind subconsciously fighting him?

*Please, Tahiri. If you can hear me, you have to help me! We have to fight this! Tahiri! You can't leave me like this!*

Tahiri was in a place of utter darkness. She knew somehow that something was horribly wrong with her body, but her mind was trapped, and she couldn't do anything about it.

She vaguely thought she heard Anakin's voice calling to her, and tried to answer, but nothing came out. Then, suddenly, the darkness opened to her, and she was back in a landscape that had become quite familiar. She was facing her dream landscape...the fallen log, and the girl crouched underneath it.

"You still haven't remembered," the girl whispered. She was no longer crying, but sitting straight and alert.

"I'm tired of you telling me that! If you would just tell me what I need to remember--"

"You already know."

"You told me that, too," Tahiri snapped, in no mood to listen to more illusive advice.

"You're dying," the girl stated.

Though Tahiri knew this was a dream, it felt just as real as anything else to her. A chill crept through her at the girl's words.

"Tell me. Please. Tell me what I have to remember," Tahiri pleaded.

"You would know, but you don't want to," the girl replied.

"I do want to! I keep telling you that!"

"If you wanted to know, you would know. This is your last chance. If you don't remember now, it will be too late. Too late for me. Too late for you. Too late for them," the girl whispered.

"Who are you?" Tahiri asked.

"We're dying," the girl s

22. Star-Lead

Feb 22, 2003
    Very bad juu-juu for our heroes.

23. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jun 1, 2003
    I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!!

[face_plain]

Ok, so maybe I didn't know it. I mean that it was actually the old Tahiri in the dream - I thought it was Riina.

But I was close. Sort of? *sulks* Not.

Anyway, enough of that. Wonderful wonderful post, and just what I needed today after working at math for five straight hours. (I hate math. *shudder*)

More soon?

24. Qwi_Xux

Oct 5, 2001
    Star-Yes, very bad!

Jedi-Tahiri-Hey, you were close! And thank you, I'm glad I could help ease the pain of Math (ugh!!) homework.

*Tahiri!* Anakin was still trying to get into her mind, but she wasn't letting him in. Some kind of huge struggle was going on inside of her, and it was worrying Anakin almost as much as the poison that was killing her body. If she let him help, they might be able to use their minds to destroy the poison...

To his great surprise, she groaned, and Anakin leaned forward. Slowly, her eyes began to open. "Tahiri," he breathed in relief. She was still pale, and her skin still cold.

Then her eyes snapped open all the way, looking around wildly, and he froze. Those eyes...they were green, but they weren't Tahiri's. He recognized the look. He was facing Riina Kwaad, not Tahiri Veila. Oh, Force, not here. Not now. He didn't have Cilghal here to help. He couldn't just take Tahiri to a medical bay. "Tahiri?" he said cautiously.

"Tiirn! Ala'sh don thar!" Tahiri--or rather, Riina--gasped. Her eyes closed, and a great shudder ran through her body. When her eyes opened again, he was relieved to see Tahiri looking back at him. "Anakin--" she began, and then her eyes started to change again.

"No!" Anakin drew his lightsaber, not sure what he intended to do with it. Threaten Riina to give him back Tahiri? That was laughable. Riina knew as well as he did that he couldn't kill her without killing Tahiri.

Riina growled something else at him in Yuuzhan Vong, and then sank to her knees, pressing her fists against her eyes.

"Anakin!" Tahiri said weakly.

"Tahiri." Anakin dropped to his knees in front of her. "Let me help you. I can help you. We'll get rid of her."

"No...no...you don't understand," Tahiri sounded as if she was struggling to speak.

She's fighting hard to stay in control. "You have to beat this, Tahiri."

"No!" Tahiri's fingers clenched the knees of her jumpsuit. "No...you...understand. You have to understand! She doesn't understand..."

"Who doesn't? Riina?"

"Yes!" Tahiri gasped. "I can't...Anakin..." Another shudder ran through her body, but she continued to speak. "She's me...I'm her...can't get rid of her. Not ever. She's scared...always been scared...just like me."

"Tahiri, she's a Yuuzhan Vong who doesn't exist. A figment of some shaper's imagination."

"No," Tahiri moaned. "That's what I...wanted to believe. I was scared. I am scared. But she's scared, too...she doesn't understand."

"Understand what?" Anakin asked apprehensively, with a deep sense of dread.

"We have to become one. That's what my dreams have been trying to tell me."

She has to be joking, Anakin thought.

"I...have to do this...Anakin...I have to do it or I'll die. The poison...I let her in enough to hold it at bay, but I have to let her all the way in or I'll die. She'll die. The Shamed Ones will die." Tahiri finally looked up, and her eyes met his. "She...wants to live. You have to wait for me...I don't know how long it will take."

She's serious... "Tahiri, you don't know what you're doing. You're under--"

"--I...know what I'm doing. Finally. I know what I'm doing." She gripped his hand surprisingly tightly. "Don't be scared. I'm scared enough for both of us. Just...guard me, okay? And...don't...interrupt."

With those final words, Tahiri's eyes closed, and she sank limply to the ground. Anakin felt her mind lock him out, and he took a deep breath, trying to organize his thoughts. Tahiri actually wanted to merge with Riina? Or peraphs not wanted, but said she needed to. She's insane! She can't merge with Riina! Riina doesn't exist...and what happens if she ends up accidentally willingly giving Riina complete control? What happens if...if Tahiri is destroyed? What if this kills her?

And for the first time on this mission, Anakin had real, true doubt. Had Jaina been right? She had said there was a balance he ha

25. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great work, great post

can't wait for more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.