main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Life Among the Dead ~ Anakin/Tahiri post Rebirth AU *ON HOLD* (See author's note)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qwi_Xux, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  2. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    forceaddict-Thanks!

Hooded_One-Glad you like it!

Star-That they do!

Bring me to life
    I've been living a lie
    There's nothing inside
    Bring me to life
    Frozen inside without your touch
    Without your love, darling
    Only you are the life among the dead

Chapter Five

Anakin did as Tahiri asked and guarded her. He carried their packs and Tahiri's limp body to a circle of trees nearby. The trees grew close together, and offered some protection from the sight of anyone who might walk by.

Tahiri's mind was somewhere very, very far away. He could barely sense it. Anakin waited. One hour passed, and he struggled to sit still. The sacrifice was this evening. Everything seemed to be going wrong. Isn't that how it usually is, though? he wondered ironically.

A second hour had almost passed when Tahiri groaned, and her motionless body stirred. Color began to return to her cheeks, and when Anakin cautiously reached out and touched her hand, he found that it was warm. Apparently, the poison had lost its battle for Tahiri's body.

But who was now in control of Tahiri's body? Who would he see when she opened her eyes? Tahiri, or Riina? Before she even opened her eyes, though, she muttered in a dry voice, "Anakin?"

"Tahiri?" he said, relief sweeping over him. She hadn't died...Riina didn't have control of her body.

"Water?"

Anakin quickly pulled out a flask and held it to Tahiri's lips. She downed the whole thing, then slowly opened her eyes. "Anakin." She offered him a small smile.

Anakin narrowed his own eyes as he stared into hers. They were Tahiri's...but they weren't...and neither were they Riina's. There was something different about them...they were looking around, searching with curiousity, but they looked at him with familiarity. "Who are you?" he asked slowly.

"I'm...I'm..." Tahiri let out a deep breath. "I'm me," she said, sounding awed. "I did it, Anakin...we did it. We merged."

We merged. What did that mean? Was she now two people? Was she now going to be going back from Tahiri to Riina at will? Or...

Tahiri laughed lightly. "I know what you're thinking. You can't think of me as two separate people anymore, Anakin. I am one person. I have the mind and memories of both Tahiri and Riina."

Anakin pulled back warily. "I see."

Tahiri--or was it Riina?--sighed. "You don't see. I...I'm still Tahiri, Anakin. I'm still a Jedi. I'm still your best friend, but I am no longer completely human, nor am I Yuuzhan Vong." She looked down at her hands in wonder. "And for the first time since I was tortured by the shapers, my mind is whole. I'm truly whole now, Anakin."

Anakin swallowed a lump in his throat. She didn't seem to be evil, and she certainly sounded like Tahiri...except she had a different feel about her, to his mind and in the Force. She felt a bit like a Yuuzhan Vong. Think about this, Anakin. Just stop and think for a minute. She's still Tahiri...but she's also Riina. You just...have to get to know her again. But was she truly, truly still there?

Tahiri reached out and put her hand on Anakin's cheek, turning his face so she could look directly at him. She studied him for a moment, then pulled back, a startled, hurt expression on her features. "You don't trust me."

"I don't know you."

The hurt in her eyes deepened. "Do you even want to know me?" she asked quietly.

"I want to know Tahiri."

"I am Tahiri!" she retorted.

"You're also Riina."

"I am." Tahiri searched his eyes again. "You don't want to know that part of me." The pain in her eyes closed over, as if a window had been shut, and she turned away from him.

The truth was, he wasn't sure how to feel. He had spent months helping Tahiri fight Riina, and suddenly she wanted him to accept that Riina was now part of who she was? Accept that when he spoke to Tahiri, he also spoke to Riina? It was all so abrupt, and he wasn't sure how to handle the idea that Tahir

4. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    I can understand Anakin's fears, but wouldn't he notice (via symbiotic mind-link) if Riina tried to take over?

5. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Great post! I haven't been able to go on the internet because my internet is down, but I'm glad I haven't missed much. I like it how Tahiri and Riina became one atleast it wasn't like the book when she went all crazy and ran away.Keep it up and hopefully I'll get my internet working soon.

6. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jedi-Tahiri-Veila Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2003
    Two posts! Dos! Duo! Deux! TWO!!! WeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Sorry. :D

Poor Tahiri! :( Will Anakin come around? Please make him.

Great post(s)!! (Two exlcamation marks!!)

7. JediMasterChie

JediMasterChie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    Oooh.... nice touch! It's kinda like Reunion if Anain had been alive... BAD NJO AUTHORS!!!!!
    anyway, great post!!!!! :D *goes off muttering* "Stupid Del Rey"

8. Jedi-Tahiri-Veila

Jedi-Tahiri-Veila Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2003
    *looks around, sees no-one* :(

Qwi?

UP!

9. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Thanks, you guys.

I apologize for the lack of updates on this story. Right now, this is not the foremost story on my mind, and I'm trying to work on/complete other fics in the works. Quite frankly, I don't have much motivation or inspiration for this story right now, so I think for the time being, it's going to be shut down. Again, I'm sorry, but if I'm going to write it, I want to write it well, and at this point, if I tried to write something for it, I wouldn't be giving it my all...it would not be pretty. ;) I'm not sure if it will continue, but if it does, I will let you know. I hope you understand.

10. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Thats sucks I was really looking forward for the rest of the story. But oh well and hopefully you'll one day finish the story. Good luck on your other fics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.