main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    jacen: I just knew that Anakin would pick his home. Anakin wants to be close to his mom. ;)

OE: Very intrigued by what you have planned for this story. Me too! :p :)

Master_Noi: Obi-Wan training Anakin on Tatooine outside the Jedi Order. And on a planet he didn't really care for the first time he visited. Obi-Wan may need a bit of time to adjust. :)

Daisideep: Thanks! :) I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Darth_Scroobius: You're not the only one. At first I thought he'd choose a planet with an abundance of water and not so much sand or heat for that matter. Little did I know! :p I'm not sure I know how to write dry humor. May have to bear with me on that aspect. :)

Meredith_Kenobi: ...are they going to free the slaves? Not sure about that yet. ;)

Ani-maniac: [face_mischief]

River_Stone: I really am fascinated by where you will be going with this. Thanks. I don't have it all mapped out yet, kinda writing as I go. :)

Erin_21: This story is something I'm happy I found, and that I can't wait to see more of. Thanks! [face_blush]

Chapter 3: Master and Padawan

Padmé grasped hands with the Jedi in a farewell gesture. "Thank you for all you have done, Knight Kenobi; you have a lifelong open invitation to Naboo."

Offering a slight respectful tilt of his head, Obi-Wan replied, "Thank you Milady."

Padmé studied him a moment, seeing an awkwardness to him that wasn't present a moment before. "Is everything all right?"

He paused another second before finally giving in and stepping forward, offering her a brief hug. "Thank you for your kindness during Master Jinn's memorial," he whispered before stepping back to give his padawan a chance to say goodbye.

Anakin wiped impatiently at the tears that were stinging his eyes. "Goodbye Padmé."

Smiling, she knelt in front of the boy and pulled at something around her neck. "I will always remember you, Anakin," she said as she showed him the Japer snippet he had carved not so long ago.

Delight lit his features as he recognized the gift. "You kept it!"

"Of course I did, Ani, a close and special friend gave it to me." She briefly looked over Anakin's shoulder toward Obi-Wan and said loud enough for him to hear. "Make sure your Jedi instructor brings you back to visit. I want to hear all about your training." She gently caressed his cheek before hugging him.

Anakin clung tightly to his angel. "I will come back and visit, I promise!" Stepping back, he smiled as he reached out to touch her natural features. "I like you better without all the white stuff; you look prettier."

Before she could respond, he turned and ran up the plank of the ship. A slight blush stained her cheeks as she watched him go. Stopping at the top, he turned and waved before entering the craft.

Returning the parting wave, Padmé made a request of the former Jedi standing a few feet away. "Take good care of him, Knight Kenobi."

"I will."

X

Anakin was beginning to get restless as the days progressed. Being cooped up in a small ship wasn't his idea of fun. Of course, the first few days had been about learning the controls and seeing what the craft was capable of but now, now it was boring. He shuffled his feet across the floor as he entered the miniature version of a kitchen. Sitting down at the table, he propped his elbows on the countertop and rested his chin in both hands.

Obi-Wan was sitting in the other chair opposite the table. He lowered his datapad enough to peak over the top at his young charge before placing the computerized notebook on the counter and sitting back.

"There's something I need to discuss with you, padawan."

Anakin tilted his head to the side and studied his mentor. "What about?"

Pulling the long strand of hair from the pouch at his belt, Obi-Wan gently ran the tip of ginger and chestnut through his fingers before answering the question. "When an apprentice takes hi

2. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Ohhh, I love it already! Already I can see the differences in their relationship. I hope this turns out better than staying with the Jedi did...this actually reminds me a little of a story that was jumping around in my head last night (in that story Anakin left the Jedi and married raised and trained his kids...then a sixteen year old Luke shows up at the temple on Coruscant saying "I want to be a Jedi!"...imagine the responses...)
    Anyway, wonderful so far. I look forward to more.

Edit: Er...just re-read this and I think I don't make a whole lot of sense...I certainly can't remember whatever connection my mind made... *shrugs* around me it is just best to smile and nod.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bravo!=D= You captured all of their emotions so perfectly! But of course you did, I know how talented you are! [:D] Loved this! :D

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Lovely moment for them. :) You're doing a great job with young Anakin also. I can picture Jake Lloyd clearly as I read this.

5. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    I loved how you portayed the relationship between these characters and that they are all so wonderfully accurate to how we see them in the films. I know I keep saying this but I'm just fascinated as to how it will all turn out, especially as it's so well done!

You've truly crafted a wonderful piece here [face_love]

6. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    I think your obi-wan and anakin are gonna have a much better relationship then the ones in the movies.

seeya

7. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Love the new post.I can't wait to see how this turns out.=D=

8. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    No haircut. The braid won't stand out as much this way, so it makes sense for a "stealth" padawan.

?You?re quite welcome young one.? - This line is quintessential Obi-Wan, and there's a little dry humor behind it (to me, anyway). Dry humor often comes in the tone a line is spoken, which the reader is free to imagine; so actually I'm pretty easy to please ;).

9. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    =D= I liked it, Padme blushing!! how cute, and the braid thing was so cute!!, I think you are creating a really amazing universe, can't wait for more!!, be well and take care.

10. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    This is a sweet moment for Obi-Wan and Anakin. I do think Obi-Wan is going to have some adjustment, but I think this will be better for them both in the long run. ;)

11. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Great post. :)

12. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Aw....:) That was very cool. I love how it is so obvious that Obi-Wan and Anakin are already closer then they were in the normal prequels.:D

Can't wait for more!!!

And, I cannot resist adding this because of that mischievious face you gave me as an answer...:p (only kidding;) )

Great job!

Ani-maniac

13. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This is cool!

It's interesting and I like how the end of TPM ties in with your story.

Can't wait for more! :)

14. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I like this. Can't wait for more.

15. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I just found this today and got done reading it! I love it so far. Their relationship is so much more at ease than in the movies. Not to mention I love Obi-Wan/Anakin stories that are set between TPM and AOTC.

Keep up the good work!

I can picture Jake Lloyd clearly as I read this.

that's funny I was thiking the same thing as I was reading too.

16. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    kateydidnt: Already I can see the differences in their relationship. Being out from under the Council's watchful eye and the pressures of the Code will definitely help in shaping their partnership. ;)

VaderLVR64: You captured all of their emotions so perfectly! But of course you did, I know how talented you are! Thank you very much for the kind words! [face_blush]

OE: You're doing a great job with young Anakin also. I can picture Jake Lloyd clearly as I read this. Thanks! :) I was concerned that he would sound older than his intended age. Writing children is difficult for me. Your comment brightened my day! :D

River_Stone: They may have originally had a rough beginning (i.e. Watson/Lucas' version) but they ended up as best friends. Here they're getting a jump start on that friendship. :)

sethsky: I think your obi-wan and anakin are gonna have a much better relationship then the ones in the movies. I hope so! :)

Meredith_Kenobi: Thanks! :)

Darth_Scroobius: Dry humor often comes in the tone a line is spoken, which the reader is free to imagine; so actually I'm pretty easy to please. ;) Thanks for the advice and encouragement! :)

Erin_21: Padme blushing!! Being fourteen years of age and Queen at that, Padme probably didn't get too many of those compliments. That and the fact that she and Anakin already shared a sort of special relationship, figure he could put a color in her cheeks. :p

Master_Noi: I do think Obi-Wan is going to have some adjustment, but I think this will be better for them both in the long run. I agree! It will give them a chance to know one another outside of rules and regulations. And, Obi-Wan will see the real Anakin, not someone who's trying to fit in. :)

jacen: Great post. Thank you! :)

Ani-maniac: And, I cannot resist adding this because of that mischievious face you gave me as an answer...:p LOL! [face_laugh]

JOINME: It's interesting and I like how the end of TPM ties in with your story. Thank you! :)

Jek_Windu: I like this. Can't wait for more. I'm happy you're enjoying this, thank you for reading! :D

iLoveAnakin7: I love Obi-Wan/Anakin stories that are set between TPM and AOTC. Me too! :) Before everything in their lives went completely wrong. Thanks for reading! ;)

Chapter 4: Tatooine

"Isn't there something we can do?" Another plea from the child.

"We can work on meditation, again."

"I don't like being still. I saw you earlier working with your lightsword, can I learn that?"

"It's a lightsaber, Anakin, and not until we can build you one. I don't have a spare at the moment so we'll have to make you a training saber until the day comes that you master the skill. Then you can build your own," his tone was polite and firm, but his insides were starting to come unglued. He had patience, he had learned patience through many years of hard earned practice and yet this child was trying every nerve he had.

Anakin was beginning to say something else when a beeping sound came from the cockpit. Taking off at a run for the command room, Anakin yelled, "Woohoo! We're home!"

Breathing a sigh of relief, Obi-Wan thanked the Force that they would no longer be cooped up in this small space; he went to the cockpit to land the ship.

X

The shuttle settled quietly into the landing bay in Mos Eisely. Obi-Wan caught Anakin by the arm as he attempted to run from the cockpit. "Gather your things and then we'll find a place to stay."

"We can stay with mom!"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Anakin. What would Watto say? I don't want him thinking that he's going to get his hands on you again," Obi-Wan explained, the latter part being said with more force and firmness than he realized.

Anakin smiled a little. "Don't worry so much. We'll talk to mom and she'll figure it out." W

17. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh how cute!!!!! and sad!! and moving!!! not only the reunion between Shmi and Ani, but the way Obi-wan let go of his sadness and grief!! I just love it!! and can't wait for more!!!.
    Sometimes I feel like a addict ;), but to great stories!! so as soon as you can feed the adiction the better ok :D, be well and take care.

18. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :_| That moment was so precious. Obi-Wan finally releasing his emotions as Shmi hugged him. *sigh* I can see Shmi being like an adopted mother to Obi-Wan.

19. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    the title fitted realy well with chapter 4, cus we see obi showing emotions, something he wouldn't have done in the jedi-temple.
    nice work

seeya

20. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I just stumbbled upon your story, and I love it!!:D

I always wondered what Obi-Wan would've done if the Council refused to allow Anakin to be trained. I must say, I like where this is going.

"Disappoint me you never have. Frustrate sometimes, annoyed most certainly but never disappoint."

I'm sure he felt the same way about Qui-Gon, and this just might be a last parting gift Yoda has for Qui-Gon.

"Make sure your Jedi instructor brings you back to visit. I want to hear all about your training," she gently caressed his cheek before hugging him.

I CONCUR!![face_cowboy]

bek, I expect him to visit her quite often!...But I don't expect him to get too serious with her. Not until he's a teen.[face_mischief]

Shmi rose from her seat and walked around to where Obi-Wan was sitting. The maternal side of her reacted to this news as she placed her arms around the young man and held him. He stiffened when he felt her arms encircle him, ?I?m so sorry for your loss, Obi-Wan.? The young Knight held his emotions in check and yet found his arms had come up around the petite older woman as he too embraced her. ?He was a good man,? she said with quiet conviction. Her kind words burst through the dam that Obi-Wan had built to keep his emotions in check. Without warning, the tears he had held at bay came rushing forth. Shmi tightened her hold and rocked the heartbroken young man until his tears subsided.

Aaawww!@};- [face_love] :_|

My vision became blurry after reading that! I think this is the beginning of a new family.:)

Wonderful fic, bek! Can't wait to read more!

21. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That was very sweet.:) It is nice to see Obi-Wan show a little emotion now and then.;) And it is great that Anakin gets to see his mom.

Awesome, I cannot wait for more!!!!:D

Ani-maniac

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    awwwwww! :( I could see Shmi being able to draw Obi-Wan's emotions out. Maybe Tatooine will be good for him after all. Great post.

23. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Excellent update. The reunion was very well done. I expect that it won't take long for Shmi to be free as well.

24. Farra_Sti

Farra_Sti Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2005
    Good story so far. I look forward to reading more. Is this fic going to cover up to and beyond ROTS? I am writing a fic that covers the Clone Wars and ROTS. Not sure yet if it will go beyond ROTS.

25. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Hmm maybe Shmi and Obi could have a fling...or maybe that's just my wishful thinking. I can't help it, I always wanted her with Qui-Gon but since he died Obi is the next best thing. hehehe[face_clown]

LoViN iT![face_peace]