main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    ratna: Will do! :)

Chapter 39

A calloused hand rested on the child?s back, feeling the gentle rise and fall of her chest as she took each breath. The calm rhythm soothed his nerves and soon he fell asleep. Qui-Gon leaned against the doorframe watching his former padawan and his surrogate granddaughter, the little girl held protectively in her father?s embrace. He knew he had to broach the subject of what had happened at the Tusken camp, but the peaceful scene before him begged him to let it be.

Once inside the house, they had made Shmi as comfortable as possible in her and Cliegg?s sleeping quarters, awaiting the doctor?s arrival. Anakin had been placed in Owen?s room; Qui-Gon?s prior sleep suggestion still weighing heavily on his mind. The padawan quickly fell back into slumber upon lying down. It was within the hour that the physician arrived. After a thorough examination, he insisted that they get her to a reputable med unit as soon as possible. Although he believed she would live, he was concerned about her injuries healing properly. He had stopped the internal bleeding, set broken bones, bandaged the worst of the wounds and administered a broad spectrum antibiotic. Having done all he could do with his limited supplies and capabilities, he told them that the rest was up to her. Qui-Gon entered Shmi?s room shortly after the healer?s departure. Allowing the force to use him as its conduit, he poured a generous amount of force healing into Shmi?s battered and broken body, aiding her chance of recovery.

?Master Qui-Gon,? Padme whispered.

Turning his attention away from his former padawan, he focused on the Naboo Senator. A raised eyebrow asked for her to continue.

?We should take the doctor's advice and take Shmi to Naboo. We have excellent medical facilities, but we must leave soon.?

Taking it upon himself to make the decision for everyone, he nodded his acceptance of her proposal. Together, the two of them made arrangements and packed what was needed. When Cliegg made to shut the homestead down for a lengthy absence, Qui-Gon offered his help. Once things were ready for departure, Qui-Gon quietly entered Obi-Wan?s room and picked up his granddaughter. She wiggled in his arms, her eyes closed, trying to find a comfortable spot. Once satisfied, she quickly fell back to sleep. The Jedi Master was about to leave when he saw his padawan quickly sit up, looking around the room in panic. The elder man placed an arm on Obi-Wan?s shoulder to calm his overwrought mind. Gesturing for him to follow, the Knight eyed his former mentor with confusion but said nothing. Instead, he followed behind the man he trusted beyond all others.

Having been informed of their plans, Owen went into his room to rouse his brother from sleep and to explain the situation. Anakin groaned, shrugging off the offending object trying to wake him. Noting how the other was having trouble waking, Owen left to find their elder brother. Obi-Wan entered the room to find Anakin sitting up but leaning forward, his head resting against his hands, his mind trying to fight off the sleep suggestion his grandmaster had given him. Sitting down next to his padawan, the elder of the three slowly revived his apprentice, bringing him back to full awareness. When Anakin was awake enough to start questioning the situation, the three went to the ship and boarded.

X

A voice, low in volume, echoed through the open doorway. Qui-Gon slowly approached the room, stopping to lean against the frame of the opening. Jamiyan lay quietly on the ship bunk while her father soothed her with a song. His hand absently rubbing circles on her back, his gaze distant. When he felt her slip back into sleep, he went quiet, his hand stopping its motion but continuing to rest between her shoulder blades, feeling her chest rise with each breath she took. He had been unusually quiet since their return from the Tusken camp, his attention lost in all they had experienced.

A soft clearing of the throat reverberated through the small space

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, wow, I just wish I could write like this....

?I know his voice,? Obi-Wan said, his voice emotionless.

The look the Jedi Master received from his protégé spoke of action not yet planned. ?What are you preparing to do??

?It has to end.?

?Meaning?? Qui-Gon questioned, alarmed at the gleam in the younger man?s eye. A chill went down the Jedi?s spine at Obi-Wan?s answer.

?The apprentice becomes the master.?

?You?re going to confront him.?

The younger man shook his head. ?I?m going to kill him.?

:eek: Murder, Obi-Wan? Don't descend to his level. There's got to be another way.

"Anakin." The request was firm, yet gentle. "Look at me."

When the young man raised his eyes to meet those of his mentor, there was such despair in them that Obi-Wan almost looked away?almost. Reaching across the short distance between them, he clasped his brother's forearm in reassurance that all was well between them.

"I'm so sorry." The anguished words came out hitched and broken. "I didn't know what I was doing." Anakin's eyes widened at the sudden realization of what he had done. "I killed them!" he lurched forward in his seat, his arms going protectively around a suddenly ill stomach. "I killed them!" his voice was on the verge of panic, hysteria.

Obi-Wan quickly turned his brother's seat around to face the cockpit door and knelt in front of him, grasping the boy's shoulder with both hands as he did so, an attempt to ground them both. "You were not yourself, young one." The elder brother swallowed before adding. "Neither was I."

Blue eyes rose to meet the stormy grey of his mentor. "I almost killed you."

"You won't be rid of me that easily, Anakin. Or do you think me an easy mark?" The smirk he gave his companion helped to lessen the sternness of his words.

They are talking about this, good.

Obi-Wan's brow furrowed in thought. "Is that camera still in place?"

"Yeah, as far as I know, why?"

"We just may have use of it."

Ah, Plan B is hatched - it's got to be better than murder, right? Though if Palpy should just happen to fall upon a lit lightsaber, I wouldn't complain.

Your story is written so well it just draws one on and on - and then suddenly the chapter ends and one can breathe - and start waiting for the next update.

3. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    WOW! It was such a wonderful surprise to see this lovely story updated! I like it so much!

So now Obi-Wan and Anakin are going to confront Palpatine...I can't wait to see it!

The internal battle between his Jedi teachings and those of his former dark mentor raged as he tried to come to some sort of compromise: could the two be blended? Could he fight what might be his final battle and still save himself from turning completely?

These lines are very interesting...could they indicate what "balance to the Force" really means?

Please, update soon!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I started reading this chapter feeling cold, but I could not leave my chair to turn the heat up, so my fingers are freezing as I type this reply.

Such a brilliant episode and I look forward to their confrontation
    with palpy, but please....please dont hurt my Obi-Wan too much.
    Let them beat palpy to a pulpo_O

Great update and thanks for the pm.=D= Now I am going to turn up the heater and warm my fingers.:p

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I'm still catching up on this incredible story...I am completely blown away by your exquisite writing. Keep it coming! [face_praying]

6. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Love the image of 'Grandpa Qui-Gon'!!

These boys are skating on thin ice, and below that ice is fire!

7. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Good update! More, please?

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It doesn't sound good that Anakin and Obi-Wan are going alone to face Palpatine. I think they do need Qui as backup.

"If we show up on his doorstep now he might be expecting it. Besides, we'll probably have to escape to Coruscant in a rather quiet fashion if we're to ditch Qui-Gon."

"I already told him he's not coming."

"And you think that will stop him?"

For some reason, I found that very funny. They both must know that Qui-Gon is infinitely more stubborn than either one of them.

Good job. Looking forward to more.

9. JENNA

JENNA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2005
    "If we show up on his doorstep now he might be expecting it. Besides, we'll probably have to escape to Coruscant in a rather quiet fashion if we're to ditch Qui-Gon."

"I already told him he's not coming."
    :confused: I know Qui's not exactly Palpy's biggest fan, but like Master Qui said, having an experienced Master couldn't hurt...

"And you think that will stop him?" [face_laugh] True. Qui-Gon's not one to let his padawans get hurt. He's way protective of Obi and Anakin. And considering Palpy's evilness... :mad:

I, for one, am looking forward to the Palpy/Obi/Ani confrontation. I hope they kick some old wrinly Sith butt! *waves Jedi flag* I hope everything turns out alright... [face_worried] 'Cause I'm getting very worried.

Once again thanks for the PM and this story's moving along wonderfully! @};-

10. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    UPDATE please! hehe UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! :D

11. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Oh, this is still so interesting.

I'm betting Qui-Gon will follow them in one way or another, though. [face_laugh]

12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great chapter. Can't wait to see what happens.

13. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    O.K i just this whole thing and all I can say is, I love it!

Can't wait for more~!

14. Dragonlady

Dragonlady Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2005
    I just read this from the beginning, and I love it. Few Qui/Obi/Ani stories have as strong an Obi-Wan/Anakin bond as yours does, and I think it makes for a unique dynamic. I'm also incredibly intrigued in the way you've had Obi-Wan deviate from the Jedi Code in its strictest form yet still kept him an acting Knight with strong ties to the Temple. Please add me to the PM list, and I look forward to your future updates. :)

15. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Ooh, intriguing. Good to have you back. :)

16. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    Up!

I've greatly enjoyed this read. I hope to see a new chapter soon. Some mushy Ani/Padme in the near future would be great too :D

17. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Any chance of an update? Pretty please?

18. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    :eek: This story is AMAZING! Wow! Just WOW! I'm speechless.=D= PM please

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Murder, Obi-Wan? Don't descend to his level. There's got to be another way.

Right now that?s the only way Obi-Wan can see to deal with his nemesis. It?s a permanent solution with no back doors. :(

They are talking about this, good.

They need to clear the air before confronting Palpatine.

Ah, Plan B is hatched - it's got to be better than murder, right? Though if Palpy should just happen to fall upon a lit lightsaber, I wouldn't complain.

Two heads are better than one. ;)

Your story is written so well it just draws one on and on - and then suddenly the chapter ends and one can breathe - and start waiting for the next update.

Thank you! [face_blush] I hope you know the feeling is mutual. :)

Lincoln_6_Echo WOW! It was such a wonderful surprise to see this lovely story updated! I like it so much!

Thanks! I hope to keep it interesting. :)

So now Obi-Wan and Anakin are going to confront Palpatine...I can't wait to see it!

Obi-Wan needs to let his shoulder heal first. But then that may become a behind the scenes event. :p

The internal battle between his Jedi teachings and those of his former dark mentor raged as he tried to come to some sort of compromise: could the two be blended? Could he fight what might be his final battle and still save himself from turning completely?

These lines are very interesting...could they indicate what "balance to the Force" really means?

I hadn?t thought of it when those lines were written?but possibly.

Please, update soon!

I apologize for the long wait. :(

Gkilkenny Such a brilliant episode and I look forward to their confrontation
    with palpy, but please...please don?t hurt my Obi-Wan too much. Let them beat palpy to a pulp.

We?ll have to see what the muse comes up with. ;)

Great update and thanks for the pm.

Thank you, and you?re very welcome! :)

jedidas3 I'm still catching up on this incredible story...I am completely blown away by your exquisite writing. Keep it coming!

Thanks! I hope you continue to enjoy it. :)

ratna Love the image of 'Grandpa Qui-Gon'!!

He would have made a fantastic grandpa if Jedi had been allowed to marry. :p

These boys are skating on thin ice, and below that ice is fire!

So true? [face_worried]

BrightFeather Good update! More, please?

Thank you! Next chapter coming right up. :)

dianethx It doesn't sound good that Anakin and Obi-Wan are going alone to face Palpatine. I think they do need Qui as backup.

And he may find a way to follow. ;)

For some reason, I found that very funny. They both must know that Qui-Gon is infinitely more stubborn than either one of them.

That and the fact that he can?t fathom being left out of the loop! :p

Good job. Looking forward to more.

Thanks!

JENNA I know Qui's not exactly Palpy's biggest fan, but like Master Qui said, having an experienced Master couldn't hurt...

In his own way, Obi-Wan is leaving Qui-Gon behind to protect him as Qui-Gon left Obi-Wan behind in the battle with Maul. Both are stubborn to a fault and protective of those closest to them.

True. Qui-Gon's not one to let his padawans get hurt. He's way protective of Obi and Anakin. And considering Palpy's evilness...

And having watched Palpatine manipulate his padawan once, Qui-Gon isn?t anxious to see if the old man has it in him to do it again. [face_worried]

I, for one, am looking forward to the Palpy/Obi/Ani confrontation. I hope they kick some old wrinkly Sith butt! *waves Jedi flag* I hope everything turns out alright... 'Cause I'm getting very worried.

We?ll have to wait and see?.

Once again thanks for the PM and this story's moving along wonderfully!

Thank you! :)

Darth_Drachonus UPDATE please! hehe UPDATE UPDATE UP

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm so happy to see this updated. A lovely update - a calm before the storm that is sure to come.

Yoda is always so certain, isn't he?

21. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    [mindtrick]-waves hand covertly using mind trick- You have no reason to apologize. You had other things to do. You will make me double fudge and nut brownies, a whole batch, just for me. [/mindtrick]

Excellent update. Looking forward to more. Welcome back!

22. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    YAY!! An update!! I am so happy you did!

Nice chapter and I don't think Shmi was out of character; she looked like as the concerned mother she is.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

23. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    *bounces* UPDATE!!! And a good one too! YAY!

24. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked how Qui-Gon told the girl about her mother. Very sweet.

I worry about Obi-Wan but at least Yoda and Qui will be there for him.

Good job.

25. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    I'm excited to see what happens next. Update soon please. [face_praying]