main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent, so happy that you updated.[:D]

Now some action would be good.=D=

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Yaay, this was updated! :D

I absolutely love how you portray Jamiyan, she sounds so adorable I just want to hug her. [face_love] :p

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Nice chapter.

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_dancing] I love to get PM's from you!

Great update and I agree with Val...the calm before the storm...[face_worried]

6. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    yay and update!

perfectly understandable that Shmi would want Obi-Wan to be happy.

showdown is coming, hope it turns out ok for our heroes!

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Good chapter!

8. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    really AWESOME story!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm dying to read more =D=
    and i really hope Obi and Ani will be all right and evil Palpy will be in for it [face_praying]
    Would you please, please add me to your PM list?

9. Knight_AlSidre

Knight_AlSidre Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    I absolutely loved your story. The characterizations were spot on. Palpertine is such an evil a**e. I read the whole night and I do not regret one minute Could you please put me on your Pm list, so I can keep up with the story?

Knight_AlSidre

10. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Author?s Note: I am so sorry for the wait time on this post. I didn?t realize six months had passed until I looked at the date of the last chapter. It?s amazing how fast time can get away from you when DRL interferes as well as when you?re not paying attention.

For two of those six months I have a really good reason for not writing/posting: without going into great detail, my mother was in a car accident back in February and has been homebound, meaning she needed someone to care for her. She is doing much better now and is up walking again. Her physical therapy is doing wonders in helping her gain back the mobility she had lost. :)

Valairy_Scot Yoda is always so certain, isn't he?

He has a soft spot when it comes to Kenobi and by extension Skywalker. He?s a bit biased in believing the best. ;)

Darth_Drachonus waves hand covertly using mind trick- You have no reason to apologize. You had other things to do. You will make me double fudge and nut brownies, a whole batch, just for me.

Will double fudge nut cyberbrownies do? :p

Excellent update. Looking forward to more. Welcome back!

Thanks! :)

Lincoln_6_Echo YAY!! An update!! I am so happy you did! Nice chapter and I don't think Shmi was out of character; she looked like the concerned mother she is.

Thanks! I was worried her pushing for Obi-Wan to hook up with Khloe when the girl?s engaged (or believed to be) would make her appear to be inconsiderate or rude or something. I?m glad it didn?t come across that way. :)

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Me either! :p

jedipati *bounces* UPDATE!!! And a good one too! YAY!

Thanks! :D

dianethx I liked how Qui-Gon told the girl about her mother. Very sweet.

Thanks! He told it like only a grandpa can. :)

I worry about Obi-Wan but at least Yoda and Qui will be there for him.

Qui-Gon is worried that Obi-Wan will react instead of thinking through the details of the how and when. Qui isn?t worried that the boys can?t handle themselves; he?s worried about them straying from the light as is his right after Tatooine. He knows Obi-Wan hasn?t exactly forgotten everything he learned at old Palp?s side. [face_worried]

Good job.

Thank you!

charie I'm excited to see what happens next. Update soon please.

I?m glad you?re enjoying it as much I am writing it! :) I apologize for the wait. :(

Gkilkenny Excellent, so happy that you updated. Now some action would be good.

Thanks! As for the action, that will be a while in coming. Now it?s time for healing. ;)

silverfighter Yaay, this was updated! I absolutely love how you portray Jamiyan, she sounds so adorable I just want to hug her.

Thanks, I?m glad she?s been received so well. :)

Tatooine_Ghost loved it.

Laine_Snowtrekker Nice chapter.

Thank you!

jedidas3 I love to get PM's from you! Great update and I agree with Val...the calm before the storm...

Thanks! [face_blush] Calm before the storm? [face_thinking]

ratna Yay an update! Perfectly understandable that Shmi would want Obi-Wan to be happy.

She?s a mother through and through! :)

Showdown is coming, hope it turns out ok for our heroes!

Hopefully it will write itself?. [face_worried]

Jaira Good chapter!

Thanks!

GeneralKenobi7 Really AWESOME story!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you and Welcome to the thread! :)

I?m dying to read more and I really hope Obi and Ani will be all right and evil Palpy will be in for it.

Sorry ?bout the wait between posts. :( As for Obi and Ani and Palpy?we?ll see. [face_mischief]

Would you please, please add me to your PM list?

It would be my pleasure!

Knight_AlSidre I absolutely loved your story. The characterizations

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow - too much goodness to quote.

Loved Qui's putting Obi to sleep and anticipating his reaction when Obi woke.

Got a bit scared when Obi-Wan didn't remember the last 10 years of his life

Got suckered in when his daughter tried so hard to reach him, and their snuggling together.[face_love]

Just an great chaper (how could it not, being Obi-Wan centered?)! =D=

I'm so happy to see this back up and I'm so happy to hear your mother is doing so much better. [face_dancing] For taking care of your mother, [:D]

12. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    *whew* that was a close one! i was worried for a bit there!

glad your mom is feeling better.[:D]

13. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    Great chapter!
    But you had me worried for a moment there with Obi-Wan not remembering his life[face_shame_on_you]
    I [face_love] the interaction between your characters; it's so fitting:D

I, too, am glad that your mother is doing better[:D]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. I loved that Obi-Wan thought the last 10 years of his life was a dream but that it was likely he'd remember next time. The reaction with him and his daughter was lovely. Great job.

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Awww that was cute, sweet, adorable and downright lovely.
    Worried a bit when he had the memory lapse, but his daughter would bring it back as soon as he saw her.

Great.

16. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it. can not wait for the next part of the story.

17. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    You about made my heart stop for a moment...don't do that again! LOL Great update and well worth the wait, my friend.

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Nice chapter. I was a bit worried when Obi-Wan didn't remember, but then was very pleased when he did.

19. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Like everyone else, I was worried when Obi didn't remember everything.

Loved the lighthearted moments, like the quip about Obi breaking a record in the medbay.

Great job!

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    My friend, will DRL ever let you free to update this fantastic story? It's riveting, it is and I need my fix.

21. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Wow - too much goodness to quote.
    Loved Qui's putting Obi to sleep and anticipating his reaction when Obi woke.

The young man would have debated the issue to death. :p

Got a bit scared when Obi-Wan didn't remember the last 10 years of his life.

Having just woken from surgery and having been heavily sedated, he just wasn?t himself. :(

When that little paragraph began writing itself, I was tempted to follow that line of thinking but then thought better of it.

Got suckered in when his daughter tried so hard to reach him, and their snuggling together.

[face_love]

I'm so happy to see this back up and I'm so happy to hear your mother is doing so much better.

Thanks! She?s doing great!!

ratna *whew* that was a close one! I was worried for a bit there!

Sorry ?bout that. ;)

Glad your mom is feeling better.

Thanks ? me too!

GeneralKenobi7 Great chapter! But you had me worried for a moment there with Obi-Wan not remembering his life.

Would I really have followed that train of thought? [face_whistling]

I love the interaction between your characters; it's so fitting.

Thank you! I wanted a more family feel to this fic; I?m glad its working. :)

I, too, am glad that your mother is doing better.

Me too!

dianethx That was sweet. I loved that Obi-Wan thought the last 10 years of his life was a dream but that it was likely he'd remember next time. The reaction with him and his daughter was lovely. Great job.

Thanks! You?re the only one who wasn?t too concerned about the ?dream? part. ;) I like Obi-Wan as a father, I think he makes a good one!

Gkilkenny Awww that was cute, sweet, adorable and downright lovely.

Thanks!

Worried a bit when he had the memory lapse, but his daughter would bring it back as soon as he saw her.

How could he forget? [face_love]

Tatooine_Ghost wow. loved it. can not wait for the next part of the story.

jedidas3 You about made my heart stop for a moment...don't do that again! LOL Great update and well worth the wait, my friend.

Now you know a fic can?t be too predictable because that would just be boring! :p I make no promises. [face_mischief] Thanks! I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

Laine_Snowtrekker Nice chapter. I was a bit worried when Obi-Wan didn't remember, but then was very pleased when he did.

I?m glad you enjoyed it! He almost didn?t remember?maybe I should go back to the storyline. [face_thinking] :p

Jaira Loved the lighthearted moments, like the quip about Obi breaking a record in the med bay.

He and Qui-Gon set a precedence in the world of fanfic I think! :D

Great job!

Thank you! :)

Valairy_Scot My friend, will DRL ever let you free to update this fantastic story? It's riveting, it is and I need my fix.

I broke free for a short time today?but life is quite busy at the moment. :( Hope you enjoy!!

Author Note: Last time on Life Beyond the Code... Obi-Wan and Shmi received medical help to repair their injuries. Obi-Wan wasn't too happy about being in the med center in the first place, so Qui-Gon had to take matters into his own hands in order for the younger Knight to get the treatment he needed. ;)

And then there was the matter of having been heavily sedated and forgetting that he had a padawan, a daughter and a surrogate family, but alas, it was only temporary! :p The post ended with Obi-Wan telling Jamiyan and Owen tales of Qui-Gon's mishaps that landed him one too many times into th

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Happy dance, happy dance - this wonderful story is back and what an update! Full of magnificent goodness as usual.

Yeah, Obi's free (?) of Palps (for now)!

Jamiyan looked at her father, his eyes were the blue-grey she always remembered them being and his actions were those she associated with him. Her grip loosened slightly.

?You better?? Came the small voice.

?Yes, I?m better.? He reached out a hand, hoping she?d take it. The child stepped back and then paused. She looked at her grandfather standing in the doorway. ?Daddy?s better??

When Qui-Gon nodded, she returned her gaze to her father. She stepped toward him when she saw a tear escape the corner of his eye. Another step forward and his breath hitched. She stopped and chewed on her bottom lip. She reached for him through the force and felt him withdraw slightly before accepting her presence. She could feel the ache in his head. ?It?s not dark anymore.? She frowned. ?But you hurt.?

A ghost of a smile crossed his lips. ?It?s just a headache, nothing to worry about.?

Moving forward a few more feet, she grasped Obi-Wan?s hand. Not wanting to scare her, he slowly pulled her to him. He felt little arms wrap around his neck, the small frame fitting comfortably within his embrace.

That's an :_| followed by a [face_praying] becoming an [face_dancing]

23. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    ?PAPAW!?

Both men turned when they heard the panicked voice. Rising from where he was seated, Qui-Gon met the child half way and swept her up in his arms.

[face_love]

I think you tapped into the 5-year old in all of us, right there!

24. GeneralKenobi7

Jan 18, 2009
    She didn?t like meditation; the adults expected her to be still and that was something that was too hard to do.
    [face_laugh] Oh, yeah, that's right.:D
    Magnificent chapter (Palps got his butt kicked!;) ). Jame really is a great character[face_love]

25. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Jamiyan ran to hide behind her grandmother when she saw her father walk out onto the patio. Shmi looked down at the little girl before glancing at the doorway. Obi-Wan?s brow furrowed at his daughter?s reaction. Having just woken up, he hadn?t yet caught up with himself as to what had happened.

?Jame??

When the little girl?s hands tightened on Shmi?s tunic, the elder woman turned and knelt down in front the child. Having heard of what had happened from Anakin and Qui-Gon, Shmi tried to reassure her granddaughter. ?He?s your father, little one.?

The little girl looked at her grandmother and shook her head. ?Don?t wanna, please gramma??

:_| That was so sad that she was afraid of her daddy. Glad to see she came around. :)

I loved Palpy being slammed by Obi-Wan and Anakin. [face_dancing] The teamwork they showed can only mean good things to come.

Great work. =D=