main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Life Beyond the Code (AU Post TPM: OWK/AS) Update 5/9/11 - Ch. 45

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

I didn?t make my own deadline in getting these posted, but better late than never, right? :)

Chapter 9 replies?

AP4EVER: Glad to see they?ve talked things over regarding that little episode, and now things are back to normal. Couldn?t let Anakin think that there weren?t consequences to his actions. ;)

I anxiously await the ?brothers? reunion with Qui-Gon. That will a little while in coming yet. Qui needs to get back on his feet first, literally. :)

Darth_Scroobius: I like the Clieg of this story. In the movies we only get to see his gruff, Uncle Owen-ish personality. Here we get to see why Shmi goes for the guy. Cliegg is another one of those underdeveloped characters that has great potential. He needed to be allowed to show a bit more of what was under the surface as opposed to his gruff exterior. And with Shmi, I would think he?d let his guard down. ;)

OE: Why do I think Anakin may not be happy about this marriage? Maybe because he?s still learning how to share?he?ll come around once he sees how happy his mother is because of the people around her. :)

Ani-maniac: ?but also it will force Anakin to get to know Owen and Cliegg. That it will?Obi?s thoughts exactly! :D Amazing job! [face_blush] Thank you!

iLoveAnakin7: I can?t wait until Anakin meets Owen?that should be fun. There wasn?t an official meeting per say, as you read in chapter 10 it was more alluded to with the result than the actual meeting. :)

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Chapter 9 replies con?t?

aabbccdd: The relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan is so touching! I like the idea of them being able to be more relaxed around one another and thereby becoming friends that trust one another. ;)

KTfanfic: This is very good, I can?t wait to see what happens next! Thanks! I?m glad you are enjoying it? :)

JOINME: I truly hope there will be no more long waits between updates! I hope not either. I?m thinking that this fic will be updated once a week, hopefully Tuesday will be the assigned day. :)

Ha ha, that was great! Kind of reminded me of that end bit of Down with love... I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that! [face_laugh] I borrowed that bit from that particular movie. :)

Star_Drifter: So, Anakin, next time you think about punching out your Master, DON?T! I think Anakin is finally beginning to see that there is more to Obi-Wan that he has yet to see! :)

Master_Noi: I wonder how having Shmi in their home will change the dynamic for Obi-Wan and Anakin. The only change will be that they have an added person to their household. Anakin has grown to respect Obi-Wan as well as hold a brotherly love toward him, meaning, he will seek out Obi-Wan before he goes to his mom as it has been the past four years. Shmi won?t interfere in Anakin?s training. :)

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    jacen: Lovely post. Thanks! :)

AP4EVER: Hope Qui-Gon heals completely soon, but then again, with his determination, that might not be needed. He begins taking his recovery into his own hands. ;)

iLoveAnakin7: There Ani blows, with his darkside hints?hehe Anakin is working on his anger with his master?s help. :)

Master_Noi: Poor Qui-Gon. So frustrated at being stuck. He?ll have something to smile about shortly. ;)

Star_Drifter: Hmmmm?is that why I am a Sith? Nah, I think its because you might possibly go for the troubled, brooding, dark side type! [face_laugh] Just kidding! :p

Darth_Scroobius: Obi-Wan is quite the master manipulator, and smooth talker. Well, he does that voice that just pulls you in. [face_love] Sorry, I mean, his training taught him well. Yeah, that?s it? :p

KTfanfic: This is very good! It was cool to see Obi-Wan calm Anakin down. Thanks! :) Obi-Wan knows how to diffuse his little brother?at least for now. [face_mischief]

JOINME: Finally! A post! <has heart attack> <come back as blue ghostie to comment> Hey! It hasn?t been that long since the last post?a week I think, at least it wasn?t a month this time. :D

But why doesn?t Obi-Wan know yet? He?s not ready to learn that his mentor has been alive for the past four years and yet the Order (the Council in particular) that he devoted his life to kept it from him. He won?t take that lightly. And with Qui-Gon recovery, he isn?t ready for a confrontation. Hope that helps! :)

Chapter 11

Anakin and Obi-Wan hurriedly swept from room to room, each involved in one task or another to prepare their home for their new arrival. Once certain that the house was as clean as they could possibly make it, they stood side by side in the living area scanning for anything they may have missed.

?You remembered to place fresh linens on the bed, sweep the floor, and dust the furniture in the spare room, right??

?Yes, master. And you remembered to stock the cooling unit and the cupboards so we can eat for the next few weeks, right??

They both glanced at each other and grinned before falling back into the chairs behind them for a quick rest before their soon to be houseguest arrived.

?So how long do you think it will be before Mr. Lars asks Mom to marry him?? Anakin asked, his eyes still holding an unsteady amount of emotion concerning this topic.

Obi-Wan studied him sympathetically before responding. ?A year, if that. They?ve gotten close over this last cycle, Anakin. We may as get use to the idea of the Lars? being part of our family.?

Anakin turned to study the ceiling. His eyes roamed over the smooth surface as he thought through his next question. ?The Jedi aren?t allowed attachment, aren?t allowed to marry. Have you ever loved master in a way that you may have wanted to marry? Did Master Qui-Gon ever love??

Obi-Wan was shaken a bit by the question. He hadn?t thought about that part of his life in quite some time. He briefly wondered what she thought of him having left the Order for a second time. Hearing Anakin shift in his chair, Obi-Wan was brought out of his thoughts. ?Yes, padawan, I have loved. When we first discovered our feelings, we were too young to think of anything but wanting to be together. So no, I didn?t think of marriage or the future for that matter at that time.?

?What happened??

?Master Qui-Gon found out and after a discussion that involved Master Yoda, I was told that I had to make a decision: the Jedi or life outside the Order.?

?You chose the Jedi,? Anakin said.

Nodding his head, he sighed deeply. ?Yes, but that didn?t make the feelings go away. We promised one another that we would bury them and never again remind each other of what we had sacrificed in order to remain in the only life we had ever known.?

Anakin?s eyes widened. ?You still love her.?

Obi-Wan didn?t answer, but he nodded slightly before cleari

4. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Without a word, he reached his hand out waiting for Cliegg to accept it. As Mr. Lars shook hands with Anakin Skywalker, a tear escaped to travel down Anakin?s cheek as he thanked the man before him for freeing his mother. Cliegg merely nodded in welcome as he was uncomfortable with showing affection around so many people. Shmi smiled as two of the three men she cared deeply for closed the gap that had lain between them.

Oh, Anakin is being mature!

I love how you had Bant argue with Yoda--I think Obi-Wan deserves to know as well. I can't wait to see what happens when they arrive on Naboo.

Great update and please PM me if you do them.

5. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    What a wonderful update! [face_dancing] Really answered many questions :D
    Obi-Wan and Anakin cleaning the house up was cute, and I'm glad to see Anakin has finally accepted Cliegg and realised how much he means to his mum. Also, I liked Anakin and Obi-Wan's discussion on love. Especially if certain things will happen later... :D :D So they are heading towards Naboo... I'm excited to see how they will be received. I do hope nothing goes wrong.

Qui-Gon is on the path to recovery, and I guess I do agree with Yoda no matter how much I want Obi-Wan to know he's alive. The vision of his 'last' moments was interesting... I wonder what happened? Did the Jedi Council tell Obi-Wan he was dead on purpose because they didn't think it would make it? Either way, I don't think Obi will be too happy when he finds out...

I can't wait for the next update! [face_love] [face_dancing]

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    The "boys" getting the place ready for Shmi was cute. Glad to see Anakin is handling the Lars better. Of course I love the mention of Siri. :p And now they are going to Naboo - that ought to be interesting.

As for going back, I can?t imagine trying to place myself as I am now back into that life.?

I think Obi-Wan is getting used to his life outside the Order. I have to wonder what finding out that Qui-Gon is still alive will do to that. I really liked seeing that portion of the duel from Qui-Gon's perspective.

7. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?We?re free, son. We belong to no one.?

Shmi smiled as two of the three men she cared deeply for closed the gap that had lain between them.

=D= :_| At last, she's free!

Anakin?s eyes widened at the implication of returning to Naboo. Not only would his mother receive the best care, but he would see Padmé again for the first time in four years.

Yes! He gets to see his angel again, as well!:)

?You are progressing well. But I don?t anticipate you walking, even with the aid of a cane, for at least another month or two.? At his look of frustration she continued, ?You were in a coma for three and a half years, Qui-Gon. The healer?s did a great job of keeping your blood circulating by exercising your limbs daily but that is all those exercises were for. The muscles are weak as is prone to happen when bedridden to the degree you have been. It takes time to build them back up.?

How true. Now let's take into account Qui-Gon's will and determination. That would chalk it down from 1-2 months to...about a week.:p Nah, I'd say no more than a month and he'll be back on his feet.

Bant met his gaze with equal fervor, ?If you do not contact him, I will.?

Yoda?s ears perked up slightly as he saw the determination in Bant?s demeanor. ?Hurt him you are willing to do? Ready Qui-Gon is not for such a confrontation. Think of him have you? Or think only of Obi-Wan??

Unfortunately, Yoda made some good points as to why it is still too early for contact.

Liked the vision Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan shared, too.

Wonderful post, bek. Can't wait to read more. especially Anakin's reunion with Padme...God, I can't wait 'til they get together!:D

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Yoda cleared his throat before turning to address the stubborn healer behind him. ?Know so much of what he is ready for do you? Know I do of what he has been through. The same, Qui-Gon says, humpf?different the boy has become. Different is his way of thinking now. Feels it the same he does but different it is. Subtle was the change, notice it he did not. Ready he is not!?

[face_thinking] I think I would trust Yoda on this one...

Great update! Making preparations, and then bringing Shmi "home", Anakin making peace with Cliegg, Qui-Gon working at his rehabilitaion, then sharing a dream with Obi-Wan, not really knowing himself why he is alive... Definitely a good read! [face_dancing]

Actually, I consider myself a Sith because my favorite fics tend to torture a certain Jedi... [face_whistling]

[face_laugh] ... ;)

9. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Enjoyed the discussion about love. :) I agree with those who think Obi is settled and happy in his life away from the Jedi. I can't see him going back. [face_worried]

10. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I had been curious as to how it was that Jinn survived without Obi-Wan knowing it. Question answered. Although I strongly suspect that Yoda could have told him about it, but didn't for his own reasons. He seems pretty determined to keep them apart.

I like where this is headed. I sense impending conflict. Excellent update.

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    awww anakin is so cute in this! i'm just waiting to see what happens when qui-gon and obi-wan meet again...

and a brief reference to siri...! could that talk on attachment and love have some forshadowing for obi-wan?

can't wait for the next update!

12. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    Shaking his head, he sighed. ?I dreamed of my master?s death. But it was different this time; it was as if I was seeing it from someone else?s point of view.?

He is seeing it from someone else's eyes! Qui-gon?s! :D I?m looking forward to seeing what happens when they get to Naboo, please update soon! =D=

~KT

13. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I missed an update, but I just caught up. :)

That was wonderful! I loved Shmi's reaction to the stars, and the way that the Force seems to be hiding Qui-Gon from Obi-Wan... [face_thinking]

I really enjoyed it!

I can't wait for the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Anakins_Force: I love how you had Bant argue with Yoda? Bant can be a force to be reckoned with when she feels someone she cares for is being slighted. :)

JOINME: I don?t think Obi will be too happy when he finds out? No, he won?t be. [face_mischief]

Master_Noi: I think Obi-Wan is getting used to his life outside the Order. Yes, he is. :) It isn?t going to be an easy road to Coruscant. I really liked seeing that portion of the duel from Qui-Gon?s perspective. Thanks! :)

AP4EVER: Can?t wait to read more. Especially Aankin?s reunion with Padme?I can?t wait ?til they get together! Together as in how? Friends? If so, then coming right up! ;)

Star_Drifter: Great update! Thank you! :)

Actually, I consider myself a Sith because my favorite fics tend to torture a certain Jedi? lol! [face_laugh]

OE: I can?t see him going back. Neither can he?for now. [face_mischief]

Darth_Scroobius: He seems pretty determined to keep them apart. Yoda is weary of may transpire when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan meet up again, especially with Anakin involved. I sense impending conflict. Whatever gave you that idea? [face_whistling]

aabbccdd: could that talk on attachment and love have some foreshadowing for obi-wan? Maybe, but probably not in the way you?re thinking. :p

KTfanfic: Naboo coming up below! :)

Ani-maniac: I loved Shmi's reaction to the stars. Living on Tatooine there is a lot she hasn?t experienced. Wanted her to have her first encounter with something outside of her Tatooine perceptions. ;)

Chapter 12

Trying hard not to run, Padme walked quickly along the corridors to the landing platform. She had forgone the wardrobe and make-up of the Queen for the simple dress of a girl from Naboo. Her handmaidens jogged to keep up with her long strides as did the security that was assigned to guard her on this day.

Entering the hanger, she hung back slightly as the ship hovered in preparation to land. As it lowered gently to the platform, she smiled brightly when she saw Anakin behind the controls, but his attentions were on the console.

The hatch hissed with released air as it opened and began lowering. Obi-Wan stood at the top with Shmi, Cliegg, and Owen by his side. Before any of them could make a move to exit, Anakin came hurriedly through the barrier to run down the plank. Owen made a face of disgust at his new found acquaintance as he watched him pick the Queen up and twirl her around. She laughed out loud before demanding that he put her down. Anakin grinned and placed her lightly on her feet. He grabbed her hand and led her to the bottom of the gang plank just as his mother stepped off the ship.

?Padme, you remember my mother,? he excitedly introduced.

?Of course. It?s a pleasure to see you again Ms. Skywalker.? Padme smiled in welcome as she took her hand and shook it gently.

Shmi returned the pleasantry as she introduced Cliegg and Owen. Obi-Wan stood off to the side as he was prone to do when Anakin suddenly grabbed hold of his arm and pulled him into the group. ?Padme, you remember Obi-Wan??

Padme turned and focused on the former Jedi with upset eyes. ?Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Aren?t you the one that promised to bring this young man for frequent visits? I would not call once in four years frequent Jedi Kenobi.? Padme stood regally before him, her expression daring him to dispute her complaint.

Obi-Wan bowed before responding, ?You are right Milady. I neglected the promise I made; I apologize.?

Padme suddenly grinned as she offered her friend?s mentor a quick hug. ?You?re no fun, Obi-Wan. You give in way too easily.?

Obi-Wan smirked as she pulled away. ?I blame it on my proper upbringing, Milady.?

?I thought we had been through this the last time you were here. Please, Obi-Wan, call me Padme or I?ll have to insist on calling you Master Jedi.?

Obi-Wan mock shivered at the thought

15. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Owen made a face of disgust at his new found acquaintance as he watched him pick the Queen up and twirl her around.

Somebody's jealous.

"Aren?t you the one that promised to bring this young man for frequent visits? I would not call once in four years frequent Jedi Kenobi."

Indeed![face_frustrated]

Obi-Wan looked to his right where he had held his dying mentor. He kneeled down on the floor and sat in silence. Anakin sat down beside him, and waited.

Needless to say, a very humbling moment. But at least, we all know Qui-Gon is not dead.:) Speaking of which...

When he stopped, he held his head in shame at having lost control, something he would have chastised his apprentice for doing. A sadness crept past his barriers and seeped into his mind. Tilting his head to the side, his brow furrowed as he wondered where this unexpected grief had come from as he knew that it wasn?t his. Before he could grasp it and follow it back to the source, it dissipated as if it had never been.

So not only was Qui-Gon experiencing his owns frustrations, but also the sorrow of his former apprentice. One can only image how lousy he must feel.

Anakin was more than happy to discover that he and Owen did indeed have something in common,

And hopefully this will lead to a better friendship.

Don?t be long, I?ve got something I need to ask you

[face_thinking] Hmm, I wonder what that could be? Can't wait to find out.

Another great post, bek. Can't wait to see what happens next.:D

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm supposed to be studying but i just had to read this wonderful post :) Awesome job.

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I just love the brotherly friendship you've developed between Obi and Anakin. How old is Anakin now? And poor. Obi. Still unsettled about what happened on Naboo. :(

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry I haven't been keeping up. But this lovely gem is certainly coming along with the buildup of information. I loved this last post in particular since you had multiple stories going on and yet they all interwove beautifully. I especially liked Owen and Anakin becoming friends, it was very sweet. And Qui-Gon should really just tell the healers to go to heck and go after Obi-Wan. He really should know that his old Master is alive, after all.

Great job. If possible, could you PM me when you do your updates? Thanks.

19. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Why would you have ever wanted to return to Tatooine when Obi-Wan was willing to train you here?

Why indeed?

Anakin was more than happy to discover that he and Owen did indeed have something in common, ?It?s like nothing you?ve ever experienced??

Anakin manages to break through the preternaturally gruff demeanor of Owen. Impressive.

A great character-building chapter. Still waiting for the dam to break...

20. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This was a wonderful chapter! [:D]

It is nice to see all of these characters have some happiness. Perhaps it is the Sith in me, but I think that things will take a turn for the worse sooner or later. :D

Amazing job, I can't wait for the next part! :)

Ani-maniac

21. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    / Don?t be long, I?ve got something I need to ask you / Before Anakin reinstated his shields, he heard Obi-Wan?s thought, I have a bad feeling about this. Chuckling to himself, he entered the fresher to clean up.

Doesn?t Obi-wan always have a bad feeling? :D I really like how you dealt with Obi-wan?s memories from the last time they were there. It was really touching that Anakin came and stayed there with him. I also liked Anakin and Padmé?s reunion. They both seemed really excited to see each other again. =D=

~KT

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    His mind was reliving the events of the past year, waking up, finding out the child he had raised had left his home to fulfill a promise he should have never had to make, his body was out of control and wouldn?t do as he bid it, he was tired and scared though he would admit it to no one, and he was angry. Angry with himself for being too caught up in his need to protect his apprentice that he didn?t wait for him during the battle; thereby, leaving the boy to fight the sith alone. His anger was increasing in volume within him. He knew he should release it to the force but he didn?t want to. He wanted to feel his failures...

I like this description of Qui-Gon! :D

This was a very nice update, but I don't think things are going to remain this calm. I sense a storm coming...

Bring it on! ;)

23. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Found this and had to stay up way too late to finish. This is a wonderful story and you tell it so well. I love the relationship Obi-Wan and Anakin have developed outside the confines of the Jedi temple. If you do Pms would appreciate one.

24. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Oh, it's gets better and better! [face_love]

I love how you have built all the relationships between the characters, especially how all the Tattooine natives have welcomed Obi-Wan into their lives. I can't wait for when Qui-Gon finally sees Obi-Wan. I can't imagine Anakin will be too happy if Qui-Gon tries to take him away...

May you post many more chapters to this lovely and charming story [:D]

25. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Ah wonderful wonderful update, I loved all the different scenes, Padme being a little huffed at Obi (well I would too! tsk tsk Obi [face_shame_on_you] ), Shmi and her loved ones, the moment between Owen and Anakin, I really enjoyed the conversation between the boys. I can see them becoming very close.

That moment with Anakin and Obi-Wan in the place where Qui was killed was sad, but I like how they gained a sort of peace from it, obviously Qui-Gon sensed his sadness....

But oh dear! Obi-Wan is finally beginning to move on from his grief. If he sees Qui-Gon he could become shocked in a very harming way... that would be no good... [face_worried] and I think the little troll he so fondly thinks of better keep his doors locked! :p

I think Qui should try and contact Obi-Wan through the bond...

but what does Anakin have to tell Obi-Wan? [face_thinking]

Update soon Bek, pleaaaase!! [face_praying] [face_batting] [:D]