main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Life Day Party!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterJaina, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    I want to come but I'm still not sure if I can make it. "Hard to see the future is"

2. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Okay, so the final list is:

Joe
    Yoda pimp
    Fistsofury
    Stakky
    JMJ
    Cindy
    Nathan
    Fatpants
    Scott
    Kesh
    Cole
    Mike

So, we'll just divide this into groups of three (This was done as a drawing by random chance, I promise):

Chips & dip: Nathan, Cole, Yoda_pimp
    Veggies or other side item: Cindy, Stakky, Fistsofury
    Meat or other entree: Kesh, Mike, Fatpants
    Dessert: JMJ, Joe, Scott

Just pick up or make something and bring it! See you at the party!!

JMJ

3. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Just a heads up, It would be a good idea (since we have a kitchen on premises) if we (that is, me and my wife) took on the responsibility of the "meat" portion of the meal.. Would it be possible to trade with the dessert assignees?

We're planning on having Italian Beef, are there any other suggestions and/or dietary limitations?

4. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I was kinda thinking the same thing and I would like to do that, I can bring some type of dessert.

5. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    Since I'm listed for meat too - just lemme know what's decided... I was going to grab a couple of pizza on the way - but I can bring desert instead - or something.

Italian beef sounds yummy!

6. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I just got back from "Sweeney Todd" Meat pies sound really good.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Actually Pizza sounds good. Should make for some nice variety. Whatever is decided is fine by me.

BTW, as a "dessert" person, I'm planning on bringing a pumpkin pie with cool whip. Just as a head's up...

8. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I guess we can help Joe rangle some kids from the block that won't be missed, he did say he wanted to do the meat.

9. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Dude, that's what she said!

10. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Ok, so we'll provide Italian Beef, pizza is always good (our oven will be available if you want Papa Murphy's or something like that), and a third meat-based entree' (non-human, if you please) would be good.

Probably not a big deal, but we have 3 cats (only 2 of which you will most likely see), so if anyone has cat allergies let me know. Shouldn't be a big problem, we babysit a kid who has severe allergies and as long as he doesn't pet them he's ok.

The Holiday Special is primed and ready for the big screen.. And of course, the Wii will be available as well (bring controllers and Mii's with you if you like).

11. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I'm only mildly allergic, cat meat it is!

12. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    Not that it would bother me, Chuck, but these cats aren't on the menu.. You'll have to bring your own. :)

13. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Tennis Tournament!!!???

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

14. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    mmmm... meat.... Meat good.

Cats are ok by me.

The Holiday Special? [shudder]

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, I just realized I was a day ahead of myself. Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. :)

16. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

If we get tired of the Holiday Special (and I don't know how anyone could not) we got for Christmas this year the He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special. Almost, but not quite, as cheesy.

17. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    You showed up at his house last night, didn't you? [face_laugh]

18. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Trading a bit o' meat for some cherry pie, eh? What have we become a Twin Peaks fan club?

19. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    I'ma be late - probably about 5:30. Sorry.

Wife-of-Fatpants works until 5 and I have to pick her up.

20. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I found out that I have to work at my airport job tomorrow, so that'll prevent me from being there tonight. Sorry guys! Have fun without me.

21. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    I'd like to thank Joe and his wife for having us over last night. It was a great time!!! :D

P.S.

Sorry folks I still dislike Trek - despite the use of suggestive cult-like tactics of the 1970s.[face_hypnotized] If given the choice between watching the SW Holiday Special or Trek - I'd watch the SW Holiday Special. If given a choice between watching Galactica:1980 or Trek - I'd watch Galactica:1980. Yes I'm VERY serious!
    [face_plain]

22. TI9362

May 5, 2003
    I was happy to host the party, thanks to everyone who came!

And Kesh, denial is the first stage.. :)

23. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I would like to thank Joe and Virginia for hosting the party. It was tons of fun. The food was great.

The Holiday Special was absolutely horrendous!

Ulkesh you know you like Trek!

Mr "I don't like it but I am walking encyclopedia of all things Trek".

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    As I have said - I stay current with Trek developments - it is all about knowing one's Enemy. I am firm in my stand as a Militant Anti-Trek Operative (M.A.T.O.). My goal is to help in the global struggle to undermine Trek's blandness. To undermine Trek's hold on already fragile attention spans (especially in North America). To expose Trek for the techno-babble clogged mess that it really be. For too long better sci-fi shows have had to exist under Trek's loathsome shadow. A day of reckoning is at hand - even now my fellow M.A.T.O. members are beating plowshares into swords. Trek - for hate's sake I spit at thee! [face_flag]

25. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Yeah, my thanks to Joe and Virginia too! Had a great time! And the Italian Beef and Chicken was excellent! Can I get the recipe?

JMJ's reaction to the SW Holiday Special was priceless! I think Stacky had to keep reminding her she wasn't the one on something at the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.