main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Life day Prty - December 12

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rogue4809, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    It is time once again for the spectacular, legendary, celebratory Chicago Force Life Day Party!

Saturday, December 12, 2009 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Gurnee home of Dr. Jawa (Joshua)

For those of you who have never attended, this Party has been described as ?the most fun you can have in a group with your clothes on?, ?life-altering? and ?AWESOME!?. For those of you who have attended ? remember, the first rule of the Life Day Party is you don?t talk about the Life Day Party.

Attendees are encouraged to bring a delicious dish to share (no chips please!). If you don?t know what to bring, I?ll happily provide you with a suggestion. Also, bring beverages to share, non-alcoholic and alcoholic.

The gift exchange continues to be a favorite part of this event. Bring a gift ($20-$25.00) and go home with a gift (hopefully not the one you brought). Be creative! There are still a ton of cute Star Wars items available out there. The exact rules of the gift exchange have yet to be decided.

Finally, of course, the Star Wars Holiday Special will be available for viewing. If you have never had the pleasure/torture of watching this, it is not to be missed. Also, we may have a special treat for your viewing pleasure.

Post what you are going to bring and PM me or DrJawa for more information, address and directions.

2. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Feel free to PM me for my address and directions as well as any questions you may have.

Also, if you're wondering what kind of food or drink we need please reach out to me as well. This was a fantastic time last year with a great turnout and I'm sure it'll be another memorable event this year.

Regardless it'll be great to see everyone again!

3. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    The Life Day Party is coming up really quickly and I haven't heard from too many people if they're coming or not...

So if you are coming please let me know as well as what you're bringing as soon as possible. Thanks!

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I am coming with Goat and Vi. Please give some ideas on what you would like brought.

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I will be bringing meatball sandwiches, made with 100% angus nerf meat.

6. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    That's great to hear Femme, and a side dish would be great! Thanks!

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey Guys, Hope you guys dont mind me joining the discussion.
    We (The Hoosier Alliance ) are having our Christmas dinner this Saturday and our main dish is Deep Fried Turkey in wich I will be the cook.Your dinner sounds like fun too. Will you be taking pictures?

Eric

8. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    December book club start time is 4pm!

9. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Pics are always taken, getting them on the internet is something else :)

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah, for a pack of nerds our uploading picture skills suck.

11. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    So...it's been awhile since I've been on this board.

Hi guys and gals!!!

Anyways, I'm up in the air on this. It all depends on my sisters and her birthday which is the 11th. She has some kind of school thing Friday so our annual dinner might have to be the 12th. I'll find out more next week.

-E

12. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    And we will also be collecting money if you want to attend our outing to the Chicago Wolves game on January 30th. Tickets are only $19 (15 if we get 15 people on board). Money needs to be in by the 1st of January.

13. ObiWanBottari

ObiWanBottari Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Still don't know where in the Kashyyk this party is at. I got my rubber Wookie mask all washed, so I can wear it to hide my tears of joy when I watch the Star Wars Christmas Special. But I am waiting to find out where this little Hoth on the prairie is located. I got a bagpipe gig earlier that day, so I may show up in my bizarre costume if I run late. Hope I can make it past the Imperial stormtroopers, last time they didn't think it was funny when I waved my hand and said "you don't need to see my driver's license."
    Someone email me at: Lebottari@sbcglobal.net, please.
    yours,
    ObiWanBottari

14. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Lionel, I sent you an email for the address.

15. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    Don't forget the gift exchange!

Book club at 4!

Life Day/Holiday Party at 6!

Bring money for the Wolves game on Jan. 30th!

16. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    OK, looks like I'm out. Sorry guys.

If I see Goat before Saturday I'll give him money for the Wolves game.

-E

17. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    Does goat still do Goatse ;)
    I remember making that joke on here YEARS ago. Hey everybody, bet none of you remember me as the last time I posted in here was years ago XD

18. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    I just wanted to thank everyone who was able to attend the party last night. It was a great time and because everyone is so wonderful, an extremely easy party to host! It was great to see everyone again and April and I are already looking forward to next year's party! Thanks!

19. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you Joshua and April for hosting. It was a very nice time and ohmygod are those chocolate coffee confections amazing.

20. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    three words:

garlic, mashed, potatoes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.