main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    just one last kick up before I start school again...

2. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Page 10, what do ya know...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm reposting Incurable in the new Before the Saga board... fixing all the spelling and grammar mistakes... just in case you're interested. ;)

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    boost this up... Happy Palm Sunday! :)

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    to spare the lecture, I am SO booked.... I don't get a day's rest for about a month... But I will try my hardest to get something... ANYTHING up!

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    finally got a post out!! (Unfortunately for another story) but this one's next in line!

6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! :D 7

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    "Feliz cumpleaños a mi...
    Feliz cumpleaños a mi..." :p

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kimbal stifled a yawn as he poured himself a glass of water and Ay?Tasha another cup of ale. They had spent two weeks in Schlamm City and not one lead had turned up. Kimbal was anxious to get out of the god-forsaken hole in the ground, wishing for even the simplest pleasures such as a shower that lasted more than 5 minutes. He frowned as he caught his reflection on the smooth surface of the cup. He hadn?t been able to shave for at least six days, mentally marking that he no longer had a mere 5 o?clock shadow, but now a full stubble.

Groaning, he carried the cups over to a small table where Ay?Tasha and the parking cavern manager Gaffer sat. The Twi?lek eagerly accepted her drink, downing a mouthful before she continued on. ?Wagaste hasn?t found anything. He?s behind, too, if he thinks that Fett is a new one.? She took another sip of her drink. ?Raynis hasn?t found anything, Geebs won?t say anything, and I just found out Kway was put in jail last year. Our list of allies grows thin, Gaffer.?

The man nodded his head, then reached down and pulled out his hip flask, taking a quick drink. ?None of the boys found very much. There were a few leads, but most didn?t go back to the De Jongs.? He eyed Kimbal, who was leaning silently against the wall, his arms folded over his chest and his visage blank. ?You might have to face it, kid. We?re never going to find the girl.?

Kimbal?s jaw tightened, the jedi restraining both his anger and his sorrow. He lifted his eyes slightly, looking over at the Bounty Hunter before him, who met his gaze. Ay?Tasha?s yellow eyes were shining somewhat dimmer than usual, Kimbal seeing something that he had never seen in her before: defeat. Unable to believe that they would never find Corra, Kimbal shook his head curtly. ?No. You?re wrong. We will find her.? Not bothering to excuse himself, he turned and left the room, heading out of the small shack that served as the parking office. He stepped out into the cavern, letting the cool air run over him as he took a deep breath. He had to keep up hope that they would find Corra. Without hope, he knew they were lost.

We will find her? I know we will, he repeated to himself. However, even in he own voice, he sensed doubt.

~~~~~~~~~

Gaffer watched him go, shaking his head. ?Them Jedi? Always think they?re right??

?It is not a matter of thinking he?s right or wrong, Charles,? Ay?Tasha said quietly, looking down at her drink. ?It?s hope. He?s not willing to give up without a fight.?

Gaffer knitted his brows as he looked at his long time friend. ?Don?t tell me you actually side with him on this.?

?I am not taking sides, Charles,? she said somewhat curtly, her yellow eyes glaring at him. ?I am stating the facts. He was Squeaker?s best friend, and the girl is like his own daughter. If it was me, I?d keep looking too.? She looked back down at her drink, taking a small sip, then staring at the door that Kimbal had walked through. ?I guess you?ve forgotten what it was like to lose a loved one,? she said quietly, finishing her drink and getting up from the table, heading to the small sink and rinsing out her cup. She quickly dried her hands, throwing down the small hand towel onto the counter. She wanted to leave, but something told her to stay, he feet remaining planted against the floor.

Gaffer let out a sigh then got to his feet, resting his hands on the back of his chair. He head sulked down as his eyes met the floor, a mental wave of pain coming over him. ?Xan?udu may have been your husband, Ay?Tasha, but he was still my partner. You?re wrong if you think I don?t remember what it was like.? He headed away from the table and went into his small office, closing the door tightly behind him.

Ay?Tasha did not raise her eyes to see him go, heading the door hiss as it closed behind him. Gathering her composure and thoughts, she raised her head and headed out the door into the cavern.

~~~~~~~~

Kimbal had seated himself against the cool wall of the cavern, closing his ey

9. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah MAN! :eek:

He was soooooooooooo close.

What a way to come back, Miana. :D

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, Casper!

11. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Wow! sorry I missed this, so close but yet so far. Sigh what will they do now, waiting in anticipation. 7

oh yeah UP!!!!!

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Don't sweat it, 7.

AHH! One more week of finals, and then I'm...

Darn! I'm not free!!

On more week until I start a night class at the college and a job... Gag...

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    WooHoo!! School's out!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Computer is going BACK into the shop for the 2nd time... hope it'll actually be fixed this time... :(

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    huh.. what do ya know... computer "geniuses" couldn't find anything wrong with computer... and yet I, a 17 year old GIRL, fixed it... *mumbles under breath about morons*

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    All right... now that horrible job is over, and computer seems to be working again, it is time to start working on a post! :D

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I guess my threat idea didn't work, eh? ;)

FORWARD!

19. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    still here :) :D 7

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, no, it didn't work, Casp. ;)

Thanks both of you! :D

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Hums Metallica and kicks story up*

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    This one's making up for the 2 months... ;)

~~~~~~~~~~
    Khyte sat musing on the sofa, staring blankly at the wall, subconsciously twirling a bone rod between her fingers. It?s twin was driven through her hair, which was pulled up into a messy bun at the nape of her neck. Outside, she could hear the dripping of the rain that had settled over the Jedi Temple, thunder growling like an angry deity. She shifted her fingers, making the bone rod rub against her index finger. She had meant to put the other in, to hold up her hair completely, but for some reason had not. Instead, it lay nestled between her fingers, separated from its match. Just like Corra.

The thought of her daughter made Khyte breathe in a quick intake of air, a pang of sorrow hitting her. It had been nearly 2 months since Kimbal had left to go after Corra, and there was no word yet from either himself or his bounty hunter counterpart. Worry had driven her to anxiety; anxiety had driven her to a mental breakdown. Khyte had been ushered to the Soul Healers by Jonn, rather to the distain of Khyte. She could not blame him now; it was what she would have done in his position. A clap of thunder brought her mind reeling back to the previous week, a sly smile sliding across Khyte?s face. Yes, it had been raining that day as well?

She remembered exactly what had happened that morning. It played past her eyes as if by some sick trick, a bitter lump rising in her throat at the memory. It was after that that her mind snapped. As if in a dream, she remembered walking down the hallway, still in her nightshift, towards the balcony that was present on ever floor. The glass doors were sealed shut, dripping with water from the pouring heavens above. Khyte activated the door release, feeling a rush of cold water and wind hit her as the doors opened. As if ignoring it, she walked out onto the balcony, not bothering to close the doors behind her.

The clouds above rumbled, the cold wind blowing her hair in every direction at once. She could feel the cold biting into her skin, letting out a small shudder. But she continued to walk on, heading out onto the tip of the balcony, leaning against the railing as she looked out at the city beyond, then down at the traffic below. Her mind was clouded with thoughts, her eyes moving unfocused over the scenery. She gripped the cold marble railing with her hands, closing her eyes tightly as her mind became ensnared with thoughts that seemed to pierce every fiber of her mind. She felt it become hard to breath, gasping for breath as it all pressed down upon her.

At the back of her subconscious, she could hear a voice calling to her. It was familiar? yes, very familiar indeed. It seemed to grow loud, but at the same time became more distant. Dark spots began to flick across her already closed eyes, her lungs gasping for air until they found none. Her grip on the rail lessened, Khyte not even noticing the hard permacrete balcony rising up to hit hear as she slipped into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~

When she awoke, she was met by the dull colorings of a room. Not her own, she acknowledged, but one familiar none the less. Her vision was blurred, as was her hearing. She could feel a warm hand press against her forehead, Khyte immediately feeling cold and shivering slightly.

?It is not uncommon,? a voice had said above her. ?Let her rest, and when she is well, take her to Healer Hernandez.? The warm hand left her head, Khyte blinking slowly as she tried to clear her vision. The voice mumbled something else, then footsteps echoed in Khyte?s ears as the person whom the voice had belonged to left.

She felt the bed beneath her move, feeling an added weight beside her. Someone took her hand into theirs, rubbing it slowly to try to get warmth to come again. ?Khyte? Can you hear me?? She turned her eyes to the person, a dark shape before her. Blinking once more, she could see his features coming into focus, the Jedi finally able to make out the warm but concerned smile of Jonn. ?Welcome bac

24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah, you don't need that wet shirt Junuh, Khyte; ring him out of your life! :p

And if I were the worrying mother -- which I'm not just for fictional reasons ;) -- I would get a work out from going after those bounty hunters. Just think of the aerobic potential!!! She's moving. She's flipping. The heart is constantly pounding, which in turn tones up those flabby arms. ;)

Now there's a phrase for a shirt: Shave Kimbal. [face_laugh]

But seriously, she's gotta get Corra back or she's going to have another fall out the window; accident or not.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL... thanks, Casper ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.