main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah I remember, but.... nevermind, on with the romance :D 7

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL.. Happy Easter, guys. ;) :)

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    A special Easter post, just to make up for the next 2 months. ;)

They spent several days in hyperspace, the ship remaining mostly quiet except for Ay'Tasha's random curses and shouts at Ike. Kimbal stayed mostly in his cabin with Corra, the child fussing when he was not near her.

When they finally pulled out of hyperspace, Kimbal took to the cockpit, taking over the copilot's seat as they prepared the enter the atmosphere. Ike was stationed at the pilot's chair, moving his mechanical hands swiftly over the control panel. they quickly descended through the planet's atmosphere, intergrading the ship with Coruscant's busy traffic. They saw the Temple in the distance, a small smile creeping onto Kimbal's face.

Ike set the ship down on the landing platform, shutting the ship down. Kimbal spotted several Jedi below, seeing Master Rhy and Healer Cynthia standing before the group. Her fled the cockpit, going to his cabin and getting Corra. Ike was busy in the medical bay, preparing to move Ay'Tasha. Kimbal could hear her sarcastic voice echoing through the corridors, laughing quietly as he opened up the loading ramp. The sunlight immediately began pouring into the ship, Kimbal shielding his eyes for a moment. Once his eyes adjusted to it, he began walking down the ship.

Within moment, Master Rhy was before him, taking a giggling Corra out of his arms. Corra shrieked with delight as Master Rhy began attacking her with kisses, Kimbal smiling in spite of himself. Cynthia had approached also, a hoverboard between herself and another Healer. "This way," Kimbal said, leading them up into the ship. He could hear Ay'Tasha complaining about something, a smirk replacing his smile.

They entered the medical bay, Ike scurrying out of the way. Cynthia pushed the hoverboard next to the bed, stretching her hand over Ay'Tasha. "Several broken ribs and a broken leg, not to mention several bruised bones. Not too bad," she analyzed. The male healer beside her stretched out his hand as well, carefully picking up Ay'Tasha with the Force. He kept her as flat as possible, gently setting her down on the hoverboard. He and Cynthia quickly began tying the restrains down, Ay'Tasha rolling an eye up to Kimbal.

"The Temple infirmary, huh? Hope it's better than those public ones."

"Oh, it's worse. Cold floors, horrible food, uncomfortable beds," Kimbal told her, smiling.

"Lovely." Ay'Tasha drawled. She eyed Kimbal once more, giving a small smile. He reached down and took one of her hands, squeezing it gently. "Thanks for everything."

"Hey, you better come visit me in there. Make sure these vampires don't suck all the blood out of me."

Kimbal laughed as they began pushing the board out of the ship, Ay'Tasha's hand slipping out of his own. He let out a small sigh as they went out of view, turning to Ike. "Someone will be out in a little while, instructing you where to dock the ship. Thanks, Ike."

"No problem at all, JB," Ike said. "Just make sure that the Captain gets taken care of."

"She's a hero to the Jedi now. She'll be well taken care of." Kimbal winked at the droid, then headed to his cabin. He had thrown his few items of clothes into a small bag, closing it and tossing it over his shoulder. He eyed the unmade bed, a smirk still on his face. Let Tasha deal with it.... He left the room, pressing the panel to close the door. Taking one last look around, he exited the ship.

Master Rhy was still waiting on the platform, murmuring into Corra's ears and making her giggle. He grinned as Kimbal came down the ramp, shifting Corra to one arm and clasping the other on Kimbal's shoulder. "Well done," he said, pride echoing in his voice.

Kimbal didn't answer, just smiled. Master Rhy draped his arm around Kimbal's shoulders, looking to Corra. "Come on, let's go home."

They walked into the Temple, heading for the lift. Kimbal saw Master Windu speaking to another Jedi, the Council member pausing and looking at him. He gave the slightest hint of

4. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    I refuse to even speculate why Kimbal did'nt kiss that girl silly, so I wont. 8-} 7

5. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm been gone from this thread waaaaaaaaayyyyy too long.

But great posts! Excellent to see that Kimble was successful and got Corra back. Obviously it isn't over yet. Perhaps one more go at it from the nosy, overbearing grandparents? We shall wait patiently and see: perhaps they will get what's coming to them. [face_devil]

FORWARD on!

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks, you two. *Sigh* 14 more school day until I go insane... 5 AP tests... *smacks self*

2 more months! Then I'm done! *counts down the days*

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The minutes soon turned into hours as Kimbal gave an account of his mission, the Jedi trying not to shift his wait in impatience as he stood before the Jedi Council. He went into detail on every stop they made, knowing that there was no point in lying to the Council. Yoda could tell when he had chosen to leave a detail out.

By the time his story drew to a close, the sun was already beginning to set behind the Coruscant skyline. His legs ached from standing, and his stomach growled from hunger. He breathed out his last sentence of his tale, breathing a heavy sigh as he did so. His eyes had been focused on Mace Windu for most of the story, the Council member averting his eyes as he turned to look at Yoda. His heart began to pound as thoughts of what the Council would say filled his mind. He had not been given permission by the Council to go in search of Corra. Thoughts of punishments, suspensions, or even dismisal filled his head. Silence echoed through the Council chamber, being broken only by Yoda.

"Congratulate you on your accomplishment, the Council does. Yet, won only a battle, you have. A war, you still must fight."

Mace turned his eyes back to Kimbal. "Whoever hired the bounty hunter will not relent, and more attacks shall be sent."

"The De Jongs," Kimbal sneered.

"Assuming, you are," Master Yaddle spoke up.

"It comes as an obvious and logical assumption to me," Adi Gallia chimed in.

"Whether or not it was in fact the De Jongs who hired the bounty hunter, Corra and Knight Dunst may still be in danger," Mace resolved.

"In politics, the next battle shall be," Yoda surmised.

"Is it not enough, my Masters, that I chased this bounty hunter around the galaxy?" Kimbal asked, his voice rising.

"Peace, Kimbal," Mace said calmly. "You have done more than was asked of you by retrieving Corra. You went against the Council in going with Ms. Steruuda, yet we hold no punishment for you. The Council has nothing more to say on the issue but to arm yourself; politicians fight dirty."

Kimbal held his tongue, bowing to the Council. "Thanks you, my masters," he replied, turning and leaving the chamber. He did not head down the lift into the Temple, but instead went to the balconies above the Chamber, inhaling fresh air as he leaned against the wall, looking out over the traffic.

It seemed unreal even to him that Corra was finally home. No more living out of a bag, or eating ration bars. He could finally start living a normal Jedi life again.

He felt a familiar presence come beside him, turning to see Master Windu approaching. The Jedi Master came upon Kimbal's right side, leaning onto the concrete wall and overlooking the city.

"The Council wishes more of me?" Kimbal asked.

"No, I do not come to speak for the Council," Mace answered, eyeing Kimbal. "I am proud of what you did. I know that if it had been my child..."

"She's not my child," Kimbal snapped.

Mace said nothing, only nodded his head. He averted his eyes back to the city. After a pause, he spoke. "Master Yoda was correct in that the De Jongs will come after Corra and Khyte."

"I was under the impression that we were not supposed to 'assume'," Kimbal said sarcastically.

Mace let out a small snort. "I have no doubt that it is the De Jongs. The point is, Kimbal, that they will try to hit us through politics. There will be a court hearing, and by all means, we must keep it on Coruscant. I have already spoken to the Chancellor on the matter, and he will try to help in any way that he can. If the trial is held on Alderaan... There will not be a soul there that has not been bribed or paid off." He turned an eye back to Kimbal. "They may send more attackers."

"Let them come," Kimbal said darkly.

"You are no good as a protector if you are not near her," Mace chided. "I know you do not wish to think of yourself as Corra's father, Kimbal, but you must start acting as it if you wish to protect her at all times. Even if that means permanently moving in with Knight

8. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Well of course the horrible, mean grand parents are'nt going to stand still for this, and yes Khyte and Corra need 24-7 intense, up close jedi surveillance... yes intense, hands on observation. :D Only to insure their safety of course, yes I'm sure Khyte will feel very safe just having Kimbal so near. ;) :) 7

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh yeah: Mace Windu, Master of Love. The Galaxy Far, Far Away's version of Barry White. :p

That aside, surely Mace is doing this in the best interest of everyone. However there are no coincidences in the Force..... ;)

10. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks you two. :)

AP testing is FINALLY done... *collapses* But from now till June, I'm going nonstop... So, like I said, last post is gonna be stretched. ;)

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I just got back from Kauai... BEAUTIFUL place... I'm on serious jet-lag, but still on Hawaii time, and I'm about to pass out, but I'm going to try and post ASAP, okay, aloha, c ya!

*Falls asleep*

14. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Rest. I-) Take your time. 7

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, I'm wide awake now, but still have running around to do. But, if all goes my way, there should be a post some time this week! :D

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey, I was right last time... You would have to wait two months.. ;)

Kimbal had prepared himself for nearly anything. He had expected bounty hunters, local enforcement, thugs, any form of attacker possible that he would have to face to come barging into the Temple and try to get Corra. The one thing he didn't expect was the De Jongs themselves.

He was feeding Corra one morning, glad that the young girl preferred to eat her mashed food instead of throwing it upon him. He and the child had been back at the Temple for nearly two weeks. During the two weeks, Kimbal had sat in an uneasy state, waiting for attacks that never came. His apprehension was beginning to go to the boiling point, his patience dying. Something was going to happen, he just knew it. But as to when... he was left in the dark as to when it would happen.

Khyte was in the freshner, letting her daughter's godfather deal with breakfast for a change. She had made sure that she spent as much time as possible with her daughter, part of her still believing that she was dreaming the entire thing. She lived in fear that one morning she would awake to find that it was a dream.

She turned off the running water, running her hands through her wet hair to try and squeeze out the excess water. She paused as she did so, listening intently. Since Corra had returned, she had disabled the soundproof settings on the freshner, the fear that something would happen and that they could not hear it fresh in the minds of both Khyte and Kimbal. She was happy to learn that it was a mutual decision.

The happy shriek of Corra broke the silence, followed by Kimbal's rich laughter. Khyte blew out a breath that she didn't realize she was holding, grabbing a towel to dry off. Stop shaking, hands, she silently ordered. She's still here.

She pulled on the underclothes, trousers, and light tunic that she had taken in with her, trying to dry her hair with the towel. It was too thick to become more than damp, so Khyte settled for damp, pulling it back into a thick plait.

The beeping of the comm was heard as she exited the freshner, Khyte heading back into her room to deposit her sleepwear.

"Can you get that?" Kimbal called, wiping excess mush away from Corra's cheeks.

Khyte yelled back a muffled reply, emerging once more from her room then heading to the comm station. She flicked the holoscreen on, seeing one of the Jedi who was stationed at the entry desk. "Knight Dunst?"

"Yes, I am she," Khyte confirmed.

"There is a group of people requesting your presence down here, miss."

Khyte heard Kimbal emerge from the kitchen, feeling him come up beside her. "Identify them, please."

There was a pause. "The lady is identified as Lucci De Jong. There are two men with her, and a score of local law enforcement officers as well."

"Are they armed?"

"No, sir. We made them check their weapons."

Kimbal gave a small sigh. "We shall be down shortly." He flipped the screen off before the woman could say any more, eyeing Khyte. She looked pale, fear beginning to creep into her eyes. "Hey," he whispered, hugging her from behind, "it will be all right."

"They're going to take..."

"They won't touch her, I promise," Kimbal said icily. "As long as we are in the Temple, she cannot be touched." He awkwardly released her from his embrace. "I'll take her to Jonn's. We will go meet them, but not her."

Khyte merely nodded. "I'll call Master Rhy."

Once they had deposited Corra with her other godfather, Kimbal and Khyte headed down to the floor level. Master Rhy had given his promise to come as quickly as possible. Khyte drew in a breath as the lift doors opened, Kimbal leading her out into the main room.

In a corner, a group of guards were easily spotted, a small woman in front of them. Kimbal felt hot anger sweep through him as he eyed Lucci. She was talking to her husband, as well as another man in a suit and the head enforcement official. She soon spied Khyte and Kimbal

18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    You know what Miana, I'm hooked on this story anyway so it does not matter what happens next...but, it would certainly help if a certain jedi has some pull with the Alderaani, and Corusant court systems. ;) :) 7

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hehe, thanks 7... and to think I was contemplating adding in some mush in that scene... but I decided not to... [face_devil]

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Happy 4th, all! :)

21. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Bring on the mush!! :D 7

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Did someone say (Pulls out Quaker Oatmeal box) mush?!? :p

Will these De Jongs take the hint like Duran Duran and leave stage right? Geez, they have more lives than Boba Fett! ;)

At least Junuh came through in a pinch. I think the Jedi shouldn't go into negotiations without more than three of them anymore. Especially if Old Mother Hubbard of Alderaan wants to keep the trouble up.

FORWARD!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks guys. :)

We're in the final 30 minutes of the JC House Cup, which explains my lack of writing time for the past weeks. Hopefully, now that I'm not going to be up until 2 am writing about Cho Chang and Harry Potter, I might get some writing done. ;)

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Does the "w00t! I have colors!" dance and tries to wake up the muse*

25. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Congrats on the nice blue color. 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.