main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Extremely short, but it's just a transitory bit. Sorry for the long breaks, guys! :(

It was with a heavy heart that Rhy-Awn left Cynthia's office. His thoughts lingered on his discussion with the healer; of the trial, Khyte, and mostly on Corra. He had fought with the Council since her birth, ensuring that she remained with her mother and was not sent to the crèche. Yet now, the very thing he had fought against was what he wanted more than anything.

He knew it would break Khyte's heart to have her daughter sent away. Kimbal would more than likely try to act chivalrous and even resort to drastic measures to ensure that Corra was not taken. Rhy pinched the bridge of his nose as he walked, sensing that he soon enough have a large headache. Trying to get Kimbal to understand often did that.

He sensed Kimbal was alone in the meditation gardens, a small flicker of relief filling Rhy. He had been afraid that the boy would be with Khyte, which would be much too suspicious if he had asked to speak to him alone. He turned a corner to head to the lift, pressing the button for the garden level once inside. He tried to collect his thoughts as the lift descended, knowing that no matter what he said, Kimbal would not listen at first. The man's love for the two women in his life was commendable, yet utterly frowned upon by the Council. Yet then again, Kimbal has just risked his life to get Corra back. He would not lightly give her up.

The lift doors opened, allowing Rhy to exit into the gardens. He easily found Kimbal, the young knight meditating in the corner of the gardens. Rhy slowed his steps as he approached, feeling that the man had already sensed him.

"No." Kimbal said plainly, opening his eyes slowly. His eyes narrowed as he eyed Rhy. The Master had not shielded his thoughts, Kimbal learning quickly what it was that the man wanted.

"We have to," Rhy said quietly.

Kimbal broke fully from his meditation, rising to his feet slowly to stretch his muscles. He faced the Jedi Master, a determined look on his face. "There has to be another way. I will not just give her up when we still have a chance of winning."

"We don't have that chance," Rhy said quietly. "I did not want it to come to this either, but we must do it, Kimbal."

"No," the Knight said again, walking past the man and heading for the temple.

Rhy let out a frustrated sigh, then turned to watch him go. "Do you love her?" he called out. He watched as Kimbal froze in his step, tensing slightly. He did not turn, nor did he move. Rhy tried again. "If you loved her, you would do it."

It was a moment before Kimbal moved again, heading off into the Temple and leaving Rhy alone in the gardens. The Jedi Master closed his eyes and sighed. It was going to be a very long week.

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hi Miana
    Short but I feel a good transition to propel the story along. I know how school is cause it seems that all I ever do is study and write papers these days, a not so easy task after 15 years or so. 7 :)

3. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I agree with 7; nice transitional piece.

Don't feel bad: everyone I'm reading is stuck in busy mode. Nothing to be ashamed of: it's only your future.

We'll bee around.........buzzing you! ;)

FORWARD!

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Nothing to be ashamed of: it's only your future.

LOL! It's only $17000 a year so I can goof off, sleep less, and take classes from foreigners... :p ;)

Thanks for being patient, you two. :)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You know what sucks? I started the next post... and my computer died. So, it's in the shop, and I'm using my dad's. Which, of course, doesn't have any of my files. :( *sigh*

6. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! It's only $17000 a year so I can goof off, sleep less, and take classes from foreigners...

And the downside is........... :p

FORWARD! ;)

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Sigh* My computer is STILL in the shop. Turns out that there's only one guy in the shop this weeks, and my computer hasn't been touched yet. Ugg.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Computer update: it's fixed! :D

Problem is, I won't get it back until Saturday, LOL. :p

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh Bantha turds: you go put your Darth Vader gloves on, go into that computer shop, grab the nerd by the throat, lift him up and say 'What have you done with my computer. Where are you hiding my computer!' :p

FORWARD!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, no. Computer is out of the shop. It's currently sitting at my parents house, and I'm waiting for them to bring it to me this weekend. :p

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Technology hates me. It really does.

(Computer broke again 2 days ago).

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    REFUND!

Demand a refund! (Stills suggest Darth Vader gloves and voice changer) ;)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Shuffles though the stack of Excuse Cards*

"FINALS NEXT WEEK"

[face_plain]

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Pssst.....Hey.....

(Holds up a deck)New Excuse Cards. Ten bucks for a pack of 52. :p ;)

GOOD LUCK!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Working on it... working on it.

I'm still on a safari to find my muse. I'm thinking of using fly paper. ;)

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    KRYKE!

(speaking with a really bad Aussie accent)Good day! We're here on safari, in the lands of California, lookin for the eluvisely cunning SoCal Muse! Once we find it, we will observe it in it's natural habit as it goes after its favorite food, the Plot Bunny. :p

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Krikey, Casp. You ain't an Aussie, Mate. ;)

I'm on his tail... will hopefully catch him soon!! :D

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Casper: FOXTROT!!! :D

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I am a Miana Kenobi Peep! :p

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You're a whooda whatta what? :confused:

I AM writing. I AM. I picked up a new Muse in New Zealand, and he's just rolling out the ideas. :)

I'll try to get something up ASAP!

(And thanks, Casper. :D )

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I *heart* my new muse, Tuhiatua. :D

And now, a LONG overdo post!!

Khyte paced nervously in the foyer of the courthouse. The trial would begin soon, Khyte's anxiety increasing with each passing moment. Her mind began to swirl with the thoughts of failure. What if they lost? What if they questioned her medical state? What if they asked of Corban?

The Jedi closed her eyes, trying to take in deep, steady breaths. Everything would be fine. Stanto had promised that he would do his best, and Khyte could ask no more of the man. As much as the man had reassured her, Khyte still held doubt in her. It was her child, after all.

The appearance of Junuh had startled her, even more so when he had brought Stanto to help. She had thought that Junuh no longer held a place in her heart, yet at his reappearance, she no longer was sure of herself. While they had been together, she had been happy for the first time since Corban's death. Yet, the Force seemed to be against her, for the only thing that pulled her away from Junuh was Corra's disappearance.

The question had often plagued Khyte's mind: if Corra had not been taken, would Junuh have left her? He mind wanted believe that he would have. The only reason he had left in the first place was because of Corra's disappearance, and even then, he had shown up to offer his help, even though they were no longer together.

She felt a hand firmly grip her shoulder, turning to see Kimbal waiting for her with a smile on his face and Stanto at his side. "Are you ready?" he prompted. His calm manner unnerved Khyte. How he could remain calm while she was a nervous wreck was beyond his comprehension.

"Not really, no," she answered while trying to muster a smile. It did not want to appear. Khyte let it drop and squared her shoulders. "Shall we?" she asked.

~~~~

The sheer size of the courthouse did not unnerve Kimbal in the slightest. Jedi were trained to be ambassadors; traveling the galaxy and visiting the grand homes of many political figureheads was merely a part of the job. The size of the crowd present did not bother him in the least. Having spent his time traveling with Ay'Tasha to the slums of the galaxy had trained Kimbal to not be bothered by a large group of people. Yet like the under cities and smuggler's bars that he had visited, one very large factor present in the courthouse twisted Kimbal's guts.

The people present in the crowd.

Kimbal barely recognized any of the faces in the crowd. Jonn, Quin-Cey, and Rhy-Awn were seated near the front of the assembly. Kimbal was at least glad that they would be so close to them. Master Windu was present as well, seated next to Healer Linsday several rows behind Jonn and Rhy-Awn. Mace did not grant them a smile as they entered but held his calm, passive face as always.

The rest of the crowd was a mystery to Kimbal. Many were well dressed and held an air as if they expected to be treated like royalty. It was with a small flame of anger that Kimbal realized that they were all friends of the De Jongs, undoubtedly present to display what powerful friends the Alderaani couple held.

The De Jongs were already seated in their hover pod, chatting merrily to their attorney Dorbury as if they were at a family reunion. Lucci De Jong eyed Kimbal and Khyte as they entered. She raised an eyebrow as if to feign shock that they even showed up. Kimbal felt Khyte take his hand and squeeze is tightly. He glanced at her face; she was trying her best to hide her anger.

The courthouse was styled after the Senate house; a large semi-circle amphitheatre was its shape. The judge sat in his hover pod in the middle of the court. The plaintiff and defendant remained separated and were confined to their own hover pods. The rest of the assembly sat in a stationary viewing area, while guards were at the ready lest any incidents should occur.

Khyte, Kimbal, and Stanto entered their own hover pod, feeling its engines come to life and begin to hover. The judge had not yet

23. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    A long week....or longer.

Oy, it will not be easy for anyone involved. Nice legal tension there: it paints a pretty honest picture of what's involved in a legal case. Thinking of becoming a lawyer, or have you been reading John Grishom? ;)

Again, it's all right if you take your time, but I'm glad you've got a muse again. It appears that you have had a ton of things happen to you recently. I hope for the best for you.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Eh, mix of a) wanting to be a lawyer years ago, b) watching JAG with my parents, c) my uncle's a lawyer, and d) Custody case help from DarthIshtar. ;)

Casp, thanks for keeping up with this. Seriously, it means a lot to me. :)

25. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    [face_thinking] Well court is finally in session[face_plain] and things don't seem to be going their way...yet. This is such a suprise, I was just doing my twice weekly lurker look-a-round and what do you know a favorite with a new post.@};- 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.