Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    :D Thanks, 7.

There seems to be a bug in my thread. I can't edit the main title anymore. I sent it in to Raven, but he hasn't gotten back to me. If I ask a mod to do it, I won't be able to edit it ever again. And I'd hate asking a mod to do it...

So, yeah. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

And thanks for reading!!
  2. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Spent the morning reading this Miana. It is most amazing. Please feel free to ask for title bar changes if needed. Weve no idea why many stories on the Classic board are glitching. :) I
  3. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Thanks, Leona. Aha, so it's not just mine. ;)
  4. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    It could be in the changes in the overall Board code: perhaps with the addition of new features. Maybe making the mainframe think the topic is locked due to lack of posting when it isn't. Just an idea.

Anyways: I have no problem upping this good work at all, Miana. I think it deserves just as much reading as the next fic. And here in the Classic Forum, where the traffic in and out should be light now, every little bit helps. :)

FORWARD!
  5. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Woka woka woka!

Yeah... midterms & school are eating my life, so... haven't really progressed at all yet. :(
  7. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    :p

Finals are near... then hopefully I'll be able to write something! :(
  9. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    It figures. When does my muse decide to kick in? LAST NIGHT. While I'm studying for my chemistry final.

But, the good news is, only ONE MORE DAY and ONE MORE FINAL! [face_dancing]
  11. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I'm writing, I'm writing!
  13. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    A very scatter-brained, not-excellent post, but it's a post, and some well-deserved mush for this story. :p

Merry Christmas!

"Well today was a disaster." Kimbal flopped down onto the sofa, letting out an aggravated sigh as he let his fatigued mind finally rest. Court had been brutal for the past two days. While the first day had led them off to a good start, the next two days were harsh. The daily battles had been won by the De Jongs on second and third day of court. Lucci had learned to keep her mouth shut, flatter the judge, and had steered away from her "woe is me" mentality and instead focused all of her energy on bringing Khyte and Kimbal down.

The second day had been to evaluate the benefits Corra would having living in the different locations. The judge, after Kimbals protest that it was too soon to begin deciding that, assured him that it would be reevaluated come the end of the trial. Lucci hands done had come out the victor of that day. With her position in the Alderaan government and her wealth, she could provide for Corra in areas that Khyte could not.

The third day, however, had gone beyond material things. The judge had looked into the personal well-being of the child and who the child would be raised with. Kimbal swore he saw the look of triumph in Lucci's eyes before the judge even started. She was just itching to let out Khyte's mental health issues. He had cast a glance at Khyte; she knew it too.

Besides calling Lucci a pompous old bag, Kimbal's only bright spot in the day, it had gone perfectly horrible. Every case of Khyte's mental breakdowns was brought up. Lucci, while being shut down on every instance, took it upon herself to declare Khyte mentally unstable with separation anxiety and pointed out that a child should not be raised in such an environment. The worst part was that the judge seemed to agree with her.

Khyte didn't say anything as she filed into the apartment. Corra was asleep in her arms; the child had gone to sleep soon after leaving the courthouse. She walked quietly into Corra's room to change the child into her sleeping clothes. She was being quiet than normal, Kimbal noted. For the past days, she would either rant about the De Jongs or at least comment on how the day had gone.

Yet today he got nothing. She had answered his few questions with mere nods of her head, to which Kimbal stopped asking. He knew he too well to know not to press the issue of her talking. So would talk when she needed to.

She emerged a few minutes later without Corra, which told Kimbal that the child was fast asleep in her bed. Khyte let out a small sigh then crossed the room to the sofa. She sat down next to Kimbal and rested her head on his shoulder without a word.

Kimbal snaked his arm around her and pulled her closer to him, knowing that's all she needed at the moment. He kissed the top of her head then rested his cheek on her hair. "Tomorrow will be better," he said simply.

Khyte still remained silent. At length, she broke her silence.

"I'm going to send Corra to the crèche."

Kimbal looked down at her. Any signs of joy or happiness at her words was not visible. Instead, she looked as if she had swallowed large chunks of shrapnel and was holding back tears. "Are you certain?"

"No," she answered honestly, "but what else can I do?"

"Continue to fight in court?" Kimbal offered.

"Do you honestly think we will win?" Khyte asked, raising her eyes to meet his.

"Stanto still has high hopes. Besides, tomorrow we will start going into the investigation of the kidnapping. The De Jongs have no way to explain how they found out about it; none of us notified them. They've got themselves cornered on that one." Khyte's eyes shone with hope, which made Kimbal smile. However, it was quickly gone. She buried her head further into his shoulder.

"Attachment is forbidden," she mused. "It's in the Jedi code that I swore to uphold. How have I let myself get this far?"

Kimbal's brows furrowed. "She's
  14. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    =D= YES!!!!! It is about time that knuckle head said I love you. Thanks for the Xmas post, and Merry Christmas to you Miana. 7:)... wait a minute what's with the cliffie?
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    7!!! [:D]

Like I could just let you go with a completely happy post! :p [face_whistling]
  16. SBD-518 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice! Great work! Love it.
  17. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    UGH! You snuck in a post on me! :eek:

My senses.....worthless. Must....get....better....sense....of posting. ;)

There's nothing wrong with mush; as long as it isn't served everyday like we're the Little Rascals. ;)

At least there's just a little sunshine in the dark, cloudy day. Things can turn. :)

FORWARD!
  18. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    OMG there's actually another post halfway written in Word. ;)

Thanks Casper and SBD. :D
  19. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    No problemo, senorita!

FORWARDWINDO!
  20. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  22. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Almost there, almost there...

Ironically, today, March 8th, is the 5th year anniversary of Julie's death. Which, I didn't notice until I went back looking through posts.

The night had not been kind to Kimbal. It had not offered any warm embrace or sleep, nor a cool breeze to bring peace to his troubled mind. Instead, the night was dense and foggy, reminding him too much of his own thoughts. He had tried to sleep, yet found that his mind was far too restless to even think of sleep. In the end, he had gone to Yoda's chambers at the dead of night. However, the Jedi Master was awake, almost as if he had been expecting Kimbal.

The two spoke until dawn, Yoda finally leaving Kimbal in his chambers while he summoned and spoke to Master Windu. Kimbal had finally felt the weariness of the night settle into his mind as the sun began to rise over Coruscant. He stood at Yoda's balcony that overlooked Coruscant. The planet was beginning to grow alive; it seemed that with ever beam of sunlight that illuminated a shadowed area, life would spring into the area. Speeders and transports took to the air and began their trek through the buildings. For a planet so corrupted and hardened, the dawn seemed almost serene.

Almost.

He sensed that Yoda and Mace had returned. The two joined him on the balcony. At length, Mace spoke.

"It is done."

Kimbal nodded his head, feeling as if his heart had sunk even further into his chest. "She will not like it," he warned.

"No longer hers, the choice is," Yoda remarked. "In time, understand, she will."

"I hope you are right," Kimbal murmured.

"Lucci De Jong, please rise."

Court had been droning on for hours. Ay'Tasha had been called to testify on behalf of her actions and involvement in the case. Lucci, as always, claimed that the Twi'lek had been paid off to say those words.

Kimbal sat quietly through the entire session. Khyte had inquired after his health, but he merely dismissed it as not getting enough rest.

His eyes followed Lucci as her hoverpod floated near the Judge's podium. If only she knew...

"Madam De Jong, would you be so kind as to tell me who is responsible for the kidnapping of your granddaughter?"

Lucci pointed a chubby finger at Khyte. "She set the entire thing up, your honor. She faked a kidnapping and tried to blame it on me."

Judge Hi'nna peered down at Lucci, a furry eyebrow raised slightly. His patience had been growing thin all day, and Kimbal could see that it was at a breaking point. "Tell me, Madame, was the news of Corra De Jong's kidnapping announced on your planet of Alderaan."

"No, your honor! That only goes to show that she-"

"Was the kidnapping of Corra De Jong announced at all?"

"Well, no, bu-"

"Objection!", the De Jong's attorney shouted.

"Objection overruled. Madame De Jong, did Miss Dunst contact you to tell you that your grandchild had been kidnapped?"

"No, but-"

"Objection!"

"Overruled! Madame De Jong, if you were not informed that your grandchild was kidnapped, then how in fact would you have known that she was missing?" The fur on the back of Hi'nna's neck stood at attention and murmurs swept through the crowd. However, Hi'nna continued on.

"During the time of said kidnapping, you have testified that you knew that Corra De Jong was missing. However, if no one informed you of it, then there is nothing else to conclude but that you knew of her kidnapping for you were involved with it!"

"I object, your honor!" The De Jong's attorney leapt to his feet.

"Mr. Dorbury, sit down!" Hi'nna snapped.

Kimbal felt Khyte squeeze his hand. He looked down to see a look of pure joy on her face. He tried to smile back.

The crowd was in an uproar. Kimbal looked back at Mace, who merely nodded his head. Yoda's seat was empty. It wouldn't be long now.

Hi'nna waited a moment for the crowd to grow quiet. He stared down at Lucci. "Madame De Jong, please tell the court how you w
  23. Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost

star 6
    WOW! What a save! What a beautiful save!

Khyte can't be too hard about it: it means the Dejongs won't have their grubby mits on Corra. Of course, such a thing may not go over well considering all the circumstances.

Still, having that little one in the hands of the Jedi Order is better than anything else....

BUT.....it did appear that the judge was on to something. Lucci could never explain that coincidence: her guilt in the kidnapping would have been obivious.

Which means........ :eek:

It reminds me of an episode of 'The Practice'. The defense lawyers thought for certain their client was doomed, that their strategy never worked. Before the jury could read the verdict, they convinced their client to take a guilty plea in exchange of lesser time. When the case was over, the judge still had the verdict in his hands and showed it to the lead attorney: The jury found her Not Guilty.

So in other words, Khyte was (puts finger and thumb together) this close to sure victory when THIS comes up.

OH the Angst!

------------------

Five years since Julie died, really? It has been that long, hasn't it? Time does heal, but time can sometimes make us forget. We don't mean to, and we don't want to. Its hard to remember when some of that is very hard to take. So we remember the best of times, and always keep them in our hearts. Sometimes we forget, but we never forget completely.

Chin up, Kid.
  24. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Aww, thanks Casper. :)

I've been writing these characters for 5 years.. I feel old... :oops:

I'm actually almost done with this one. Can't say I won't be happy to finally finish this after... 4 years. :p

[:D]
  25. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Now that was a suprise, but what will it mean down the road for Khyte and Kimbal. Nice job Miana=D= 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.