main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    whoa.. even to me, that was scary....

~~~~~~~~~
    Khyte Dunst sighed as she stripped her brown cloak off and set it over the back of a chair. Her apartment within the Temple was small, as were most rooms. It had two bedrooms, one for Khyte and one for Corra, a freshner unit, a small kitchenette and a small lounge. Khyte had tried to decorate the small apartment, managing to get the lounge to look decent in a light periwinkle purple. After much debate, she had finally let Kimbal, Jonn, and Master Rhy do Corra?s room. At first she though it would have been a disaster, but the results surprised her. Between the three men, they managed to paint the room a light sky blue with fluffy clouds.

Khyte watched as Corra trotted from the lounge into her room, returning a minute later with a book. Khyte sighed, looking down at her daughter?s hopeful face. ?Not now, sweety. Mommy?s tired.? A frown of displeasure came across Corra?s face, a stab being placed in Khyte?s heart. She had her father?s frown, too. The toddler?s blue eyes were hopeful as she pouted her lips. ?Corra, please. Mommy?s not in the mood.?

Frustrated, Corra sat down where she was, crossing her short arms over her chest, frowning the whole time. She tried to get her sad face to work on her mother, turning then to fake tears. Khyte saw what she was trying to do, giving a long sigh. ?Corra, please. Not now.?

Corra?s face of fake tears went to a grin when she heard the door open, looking to see two of her godfathers entering. She got up and ran over to the two, hugging the first one?s leg. Jonn Vojid smiled and laughed at his goddaughter?s action, bending over and picking her up. ?Hey, you. Are you giving your mother a hard time??

Corra giggled, presenting the book she still had in her hand to him. Jonn looked down at it, then back to Corra. ?Corra, how many times do I have to read this book to you? I will have this book memorized from reading this so often.? He saw the sad face come once again, sighing and shaking his head. ?All right??

Kimbal Underwood stepped past Jonn after giving Corra a quick kiss on the head. He went over to Khyte, who was looking through a cupboard. He gently placed his hands on her shoulder, giving them a gentle squeeze. ?Congratulations,? he said, feeling Khyte?s body heave a sigh. She reached up and set her own hand on his, finding comfort in her friend. ?Of all the days, why did they have to pick today, Kimbal?? She shook her head. ?It doesn?t seem like it?s been a year??

?I know, Khyte. I know.? He sent waves of comfort through the Force to his friend, feeling her sadness and loneliness.

Khyte gave a small smile, turning her head to look back at him. ?Thanks, Kimbal.?

?Khyte, you can?t try to keep it boiled up inside of you. Sometimes the best medicine is tears.?

She shook her head. ?Not around Corra. I have to be strong for her, Kimbal. I can?t let her see me crying.?

Kimbal nodded, understanding completely. When Corban had been sick, he had had to be the strong one for all of them. He had to show strength amidst grief. But that strength slowly ate at him until he was unable to control it any further.

He gave Khyte?s shoulder another squeeze. ?Do you want to get out of here for a night??

After a moment, Khyte finally nodded.

?All right then. I?ll see if Jonn can watch Corra??

?No,? Khyte said, surprising Kimbal. ?I want Jonn to come with us. See if Master Rhy can watch her.?

Kimbal nodded. ?May I ask what you have in mind??

Khyte sighed, looking up at him with tired eyes. ?We?re going to keep our promise.?

~~~~~~~~~~
    The Hell?s Chance cantina was not as busy as it usually was, the normal crowd of drinkers gone, minus a few who practically lived in the dingy cantina. The three Jedi claimed a back booth, the waiter droid bringing them their drinks. Khyte picked up her glass and held it up. ?We said we?d come here when we all became Knights. Well, all of us are knights now.?

Kimbal and Jonn soberly put their glasses up as well.

2. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    De la premier!

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    wow... I only posted that 2 days ago??? Sheesh, Spring break seems like an eternity, but is too short when I actually start my homework... ah well. Boost this up!

4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Well paint me red and call me stop sign: how did I miss this? :_|

Temple trash............LOL! Oh that's a good one. That's rich. But I am getting this bad, bad feeling with the parents; if they are snooping around and commenting.......

well I don't want to give it away. ;)

FORWARD!

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks Casper, but...

SHUSH! ;)

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't want to go back to school! :_| Sorry I didn't get as many posts up as I wanted. :(

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    push this up until the weekend...

8. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    yeah! Weekend!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Cynthia Linsday hummed softly to herself as she arranged the metal instruments into a tray to be placed in the sterilizer. She took her time as she meticulously arranged the metal tools in their size and shape, tossing in a sterile indicator and closing the lid on the case. She used the Force to place it into the machine, closing the door and hitting the locks. She could hear the machine come to life, almost as if a metal dragon were inside of it. Shots of steam were heard inside, Cynthia pressing the panel to start the wash.

With the back of her mind, she felt another presence enter the infirmary, a young mind that was there all too often. She turned to the youngster and gave a warming smile. ?Kenobi, why am I not surprised to see you?? She saw a small smile waver on the young child?s lips, knowing his proneness for causing accidents and hurting himself always led him into the infirmary. He shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, waiting for the Healer to lead him to a set.

Cynthia directed him to a bed, the young boy hopping up to take a seat on it. ?So tell me, Obi-Wan. What is it this time?? She reached for a sterilized pad, whipping a small section of Obi-Wan?s arm. She took a blood chip from her pocket and took a sample of his blood, the young boy flinching slightly. She inserted the chip into the scanner, the machine quickly starting to scan the blood for any signs of infection. She looked up at the boy, who was unusually silent. ?Well?? she prompted.

The young boy bit his lower lip, looking down at the ground almost as if he were going to cry. Cynthia craned her head to try to see eye to eye with the boy. ?Obi-Wan? What?s wrong??

?I?m dying,? he mumbled, trying to hide his face. Cynthia laughed loudly, startling the young boy. She apologized quickly. ?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan. I?m not laughing at you, but? Where did you come up with an idea like that??

The boy?s lower lip quivered as he looked up at the healer. ?But? I?m sick!? he protested.

Cynthia head a beep come from the scanner. She looked over the information, seeing Obi-Wan was indeed sick, but only with a small cold. ?That you are,? she acknowledged. ?But it?s only a little cold.?

?So I?m going to die!? Obi-Wan said, his face a look of horror as if the healer had just acknowledged his death.

Cynthia ceased her laughing, a smile still on her lips. ?Obi-Wan, who gave you that idea??

?Bruck,? the boy said, lowering his head once more. ?He said that if you get sick, you die. Just like Knight De Jong died.?

Cynthia?s smile quickly faded. She let out a sigh and moved to sit on the bed beside the young boy, putting her arm around his small shoulders. ?Obi-Wan, you?re not going to die. I promise you that.?

The boy?s eyes lit up with mistrust. ?Bruck said you?d say that too!?

Cynthia shook her head. ?Forget what Bruck said, Obi-Wan. He was just trying to scare you.?

Obi-wan lowered his head once more. ?He said you told Knight De Jong that he wouldn?t die either.?

Cynthia sadly nodded. ?We did, Obi-Wan. At first, we didn?t think he would die. And we didn?t want him to either. But there was nothing we could do and nothing he could do to stop it. The sickness that Knight De Jong had? No one else can get it, Obi-Wan. It was given to him by his great grandfather.?

The boy?s nose wrinkled up in disgust. ?That?s an awful present to give someone!?

Cynthia let out a small chuckle. ?No, not that kind of give. It was in his blood, just like your midichlorians.?

Obi-Wan glanced down at his arm where the healer had taken the blood. ?So? I?m not going to die??

Cynthia smiled sadly. ?No, Obi-Wan. Not for a very, very long time.? She ruffled his hair, the boy smiling and hopping down from the bed, heading for the exit. ?Oh, Obi-wan!? she called, the small boy stopping to look back at the healer. ?You do have a cold, though. And you know what that means.? A pained look came across the boy?s face as the healer went to the cupboard and pull out a container o

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Or so Mama thinks, mesathinks.

LOL on the cough syrup; I tried that stuff actually a few months ago and my opinion it belongs on the store self TO STAY on the store self to collect dust. ;)

FORWARD!

12. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Aww, poor Corra!! :_| I think I'm *glad* that she can't understand she doesn't have a father yet. :(

Looking forward to more, as always, Miana! :)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, you two.

14. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Just giving this an up!! :)

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    PUNT HAPPY SAM HERE! ;)

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    sheesh, casper, how many times a week does your picture and signature change??!?! ;)

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Wonderful posts, Miana! :)

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks guys! I'll try to get something up tonight!

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kinda iffy, but hey, it's a post!

~~~~~~~
    Kimbal and Jonn returned to the Temple with Corra, the young girl making speeder noises as she played with her toy. Corra wriggled out from Jonn?s grip once they reached the gardens and the young girl spotted her mother. Khyte scooped her daughter into her arms, planting a kiss on her cheeks. ?We?re you a good girl for Uncle Jonn and Uncle Kimbal?"

The small girl giggled, Khyte eyeing her two friends. ?Thanks you two for watching her.?

?Well, you know, it?s so painful looking after her,? Jonn jeered, smiling.

Khyte smiled once more, shaking her head. ?Come on. It?s getting cold out here. And besides, missy,? she said, eyeing her daughter. ?You need a nap.? The small girl?s face went sour at the mention of the N word, Kimbal and Jonn letting out a small laugh at their goddaughter's expression.

The four went into the Temple, passing by a few Knights and Masters as they headed for the turbolifts. Kimbal could sense a disruption at the front desk, where all parcels, transmissions, and guests to the temple were sent. He turned his head to see Master Ki-Adi Mundi as well as Adi Gallia trying to talk to two rather angry non-Jedi. Kimbal did a double take on the two guests. They were familiar?

?Her! Stop them! Those three right there!? Kimbal heard one of the two cry, seeing a woman come marching at them, a man following with the two Jedi Masters tailing. Dread filled Kimbal as he recognized the two guests. He stretched out with the Force, feeling Master Rhy-Awn Tomac only a few levels above them, unoccupied at the moment.

Master Rhy? We?ve got trouble.

What is it, Kimbal? It is Corra?

No, worse. Corban?s parents are here.

Lucci De Jong marched toward the group that her son used to associate with, seeing the two boys gently push the girl and the small child behind them, creating a barrier between herself and her grandchild. ?Give her to me now!? she shouted.

?Madam, there is no need to shout,? Adi Gallia said calmly, coming up to stand next to Kimbal and Jonn, Ki-Adi joining them.

Lucci held out her arms in an expecting manner. ?Give the child to me.?

Kimbal and Jonn replied by blocking Khyte and Corra from the woman?s view, sensing her temper rising. ?I am here to take my grandchild from this? place, so hand her over.?

?You cannot and will not have her,? Kimbal replied coldly.

?Do not tell me what I can and can?t have, boy!? Lucci yelled. ?I am gaining custody of my only grandchild. It is being processed in the courts as we speak.?

?Under whose authority?? Jonn asked snidely.

?The Alderaani Court system. You can try to send a plea to stop it, but I have many friends in high places.?

?So do the Jedi,? Jonn spat back.

Lucci wrinkled her nose in disgust. ?You Jedi think you are all powerful. But if you try to go against the court, you will fail terribly.?

Kimbal saw Master Rhy exit the turbolifts, heading toward the small group. Lucci noted him too, a small flicked of fear in her eyes, but it quickly was replaced with hatred. ?Well, if it isn?t my sons slaver.?

?State your business then leave,? Rhy-Awn said curtly, standing next to Jonn with his arms across his chest.

?I am gaining custody over my grandchild. I am here to??

?You will do not such thing. If I ever hear that you try to take her away, I will make sure that you end up in prison.?

?You can?t do that,? Lucci challenged.

?I have my ways,? Rhy-Awn said coldly. ?Now get out of here before we physically remove you.?

Lucci did not budge. ?Just you wait. They will come and take the child and put her in the hands of her rightful guardians.?

?She already has four guardians, she does not need to be tormented by the likes of you,? Rhy-Awn replied.

?Four Jedi guardians. People who are so unsure about themselves that they commit their lives to a form of sorcery. I never tolerated my son?s presence here, and I will not allow his daughter to grow up here as well. If you do no

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh boy, I knew this was going to happen.

And no that wasn't iffy at all. It was creative and it continues the flow of the story.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys, to make it short, I have a TON of stuff this month, so there won't be a post this weekend... ugg... I will be SO happy on the 14th... the day AFTER I take my AP exam... no more studying, no more homework, just power points. :D

Oh well, uP!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Friday!!!!!!!!

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *cough* Tuesday...

My AP test is DONE, so I'm FREE!!!! I'll try to get something up ASAP!

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.