main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    So.. how's AOTC?? And I don't want to hear any spoilers! I won't se it until the 21 (my b-day!)

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    It's awesome, Miana, really awesome! :D
    I've seen it twice already and I liked it even better the second time I saw it. Hayden's performance is incredible, imo, and the action rocks!
    I love it!!! :) :D :)

3. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    It's good................but did not meet my expectations; I got a major sticking issue printed right in my ever changing signature. ;)

But it's definately better than Episode One and Episode Six.

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_shocked] Sari, twice??????????? Bangs head on desk I hate not having money or a car or a license for that matter!!! :(

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :mad: :mad: Oh, I am so ready to just bash my computer in with a sledgehammer. I had the next post all nice and neat, and it freezes up, deleting the whole thing. *sigh* So I shall make another feeble attempt to try to post soon.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Heart attack* Oh my gosh, I love my computer now. I had to shut down my computer when it froze, and when I reopened Mic. Word to start a new post, there was the post!!! It had recovered it!! :D

So, here it is!

~~~~~~~~
    Khyte rested her head on Kimbal?s shoulder, the pair sitting on the sofa in silence. She could feel Kimbal?s protective embrace around her, grateful to have her friend there in her dire situation. The thought of Corra being taken away from her brought tears to her eyes. Her daughter was the only thing that mattered in her life anymore. A small smile pulled at the sides of her mouth as she thought of all those who would protect Corra from being taken. Even Master Yoda promised her protection? While the old troll was not thrilled to learn of Khyte?s pregnancy, and strongly emphasized the Jedi code that one should not love, he had sworn that Corra would not be taken.

?But what if they do take her?? Khyte wondered out loud, her eyes drifting up to meet Kimbal?s. Her friend sighed. ?Khyte, it won?t happen. Corra is well protected. Lucci will not gain custody over her. Even if she tries, we can use Corban against her,? he said regretfully. He saw Khyte?s brows tilt in annoyance. ?How so??

?She was unfit to raise one Jedi child, thus proving she cannot raise another.?

Khyte shook her head. ?That won?t matter to the courts. All that will matter is how much money Lucci will pay the officials to win. We?re peace seekers, not millionaires, Kimbal.?

Kimbal sighed once again. ?Khyte, please stop thinking about it. The more you talk about it, the more my mind starts to believe it will happen. And I don?t want it to, so can we please move on to another subject??

Khyte slowly nodded, turning her eyes up toward the ceiling. After a few moments of silence, she lightly began to laugh. ?Remember when Corban and Jonn brought a hose into the temple and flooded the hallways with water, then used the Force to freeze it??

Corban began chuckling. ?Yes, I remember. I don?t know who was madder; Master Rhy or Master Yoda.?

?I think it was Master Windu when he slipped and his head got stuck to the ice,? Khyte laughed, turning her eyes to Kimbal. Both started laughing uncontrollably, covering their mouths with their hands to not wake Corra from her nap. After a few minutes, their laughter died down, leaving a smile on Khyte?s face. She saw Kimbal?s eyes meet hers, his brown eyes looking down on her almost lovingly. ?What?? she asked subconsciously.

Kimbal shook his head. ?It?s nothing,? he said, still gazing at her. ?It?s just that you haven?t smiled in so long.?

Khyte?s smile faded slightly. ?Well, I haven?t really felt like smiling recently, that?s all.?

A few loose strands of hair caught Kimbal?s attention, the Knight pushing the hair back behind Khyte?s ears. ?You really should try to smile more often. You have a beautiful smile.?

Khyte gave a rare smile, turning her eyes away from Kimbal for a second, her friend able to tell she had something on her mind. ?What is it?? he asked.

Her eyes locked with his once more, another small smile creeping onto her lips. ?I was just thinking.?

?About what??

?About the fact that I have never really thanked you??

?For what??

?For being such a good father to Corra.?

Kimbal?s head lowered slightly in grief. ?I?m simply carrying out my friend?s last request.?

?But you don?t do it for Corban, Kimbal. I can tell. You do it because you love Corra.?

?I do it because I love all three of you, Khyte. I loved Corban as my brother, I love Corra, and,? he added after a small pause, ?I love you.?

Khyte simply smiled. She knew that Kimbal loved her as a sister, just as he had loved Corban as a brother. At least Corra will have somewhat of a father?

Kimbal?s mind lingered on a delicate subject, trying to put into non-harmful words. ?You know, Khyte, It?s been more than a year since Corban?s death. I think, for both your sake and Corra?s, that you should consider? you kno

7. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I loved Incurable, and I love the sequel, please post soon. 7

8. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Great post, Miana!
    I love the scene between Khyte and Kimbal. I hope that she comes to realize how much he cares for her and Corra!!
    Can't wait for more! :)

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah, a balanced family, Corra needs. Yes, in balance Corra will stay with her parent. Yes indeed. ;)

Let the legal eagles hit the floor!;)

FORWARD!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    feliz compleaños at mi, feliz compleaños a mi... Yeah! Get to see AOTC FINALLY!!!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    just got back from AOTC.. Oh, MAN!!! That rocked!! But, I got a question: I thought Aurra Sing was supposed to be in it???

12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    There was absolutely TONS AND TONS of changes made to AOTC. In fact, get this, they were still shooting post production shots up to a week before the release of the film!

Apparently there was stuff Lucas didn't like in the rough cut and ordered changes. Sing found the digital equivilent of the cutting room floor {Delete}, just like Padme's family and her house and Shimi with her husband and Owen And Beru (If you noticed, Beru didn't say one word in AOTC and they RAVED about her on Star Wars.Com and in Homing Becon Newletter.) And another shot of a Pod Racing sequence was deleted. There was so much more they could have just left in. I wouldn't have mind a 3 hour Star Wars movie.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I was wondering about that... Maybe we could persuade Lucas to make an episode 2.5?? :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    boost this up...

Sorry for the lack of post this weekend!

15. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    No prob not posting, Miana.

Well, the left out scenes will be what drives sales for Episode Two DVD this fall. Of course it won't be all the scenes. (sigh)

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    grrr.. I'm really mad at the Harry Potter DVD right now.. You have to play a game just to get to the deleted scenes! It's ridiculous!!

I'll try to get something up this weeked (no promises, finals coming)

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry I've been neglecting this one so badly, but I promise a VERY BIG POST... when I get back from my trip on the 24th.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Did I scare everyone away?

20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    No i'm still here post post please 7

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll try to get something up either before Sunday (when I leave for oh so sunny Mexico :D ), but like I said, no promises.

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Nope, I'm here; I've just been busy elsewhere. ;)

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    He he he... Daddy slipped... Our "Mexican" vacation was supposed to be a surprise, but we pretty much got hints and they confirmed Mexico... HA! Well, all I can say is ALOHA!

Working on a post.. it won't be big, but it'll be a post!

24. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I'm still here, too! And looking forward to that post!! :)

Have fun in Mexico, Miana, it sounds wonderful! :)

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    he he he... well, I can't have fun in Mexico now... ;) Being as my dad let it slip that we're actually going to Hawaii! :D But still, thanks Sari!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.