main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And, oh my god, a post!! Shorty sorry, but still... a post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Temple gardens were quiet once more, vacant of any signs of life. Khyte made her way up to the trees, kneeling down in front of the small gravestone. She signed in despair, lowering her head. ?Corban, what can I do? I don?t want to lose Corra. I? I just don?t know what else to do? I should feel that Corra is safe here, but? but what if she?s taken from me? How can I protect her?? Khyte shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. ?I can?t do it alone.?

?You won?t be alone,? came a comforting voice. Khyte spun around, looking for the source of the voice, but found nothing. ?Who?s there?? she called, her hand instinctively going down to her lightsaber hilt. She received no answer, looking back down at the grave. ?Is this a sign, Corban?? she whispered, looking around once more.

?If you see it as that, yes,? came the voice again, Khyte spinning once more to find herself face to face with a bluish figure. She felt her breath catch in her throat, not knowing if she could breathe or speak. She swallowed hard, finding her voice. ?Corban??

Corban De Jong smiled gently. ?Hi, Khyte.?

Khyte didn?t know how to react. She was on the verge of tears, her eyes welling up as she moved her hand up to his blue face, feeling tears slip out of her eyes as her hand passed right through him.

?Don?t cry, Khyte,? he said, bringing his hand up and resting on her cheek. She felt nothing except a whisper of cold on her cheek, yearning to feel his touch once more.

?I miss you,? she said quietly, wishing she could be held in his arms.

?And I you. But you know I?m always with you. And Corra.?

Khyte shook her head. ?Corban, what am I to do??

?Stop worrying about it. My mother couldn?t take our daughter if she tried. Master Yoda promised you she would be safe, so she will. She?s heavily guarded as it is, Khyte. Master Rhy is there, Kimbal is there, Jonn, the entire council, you,? he added. ?Don?t worry yourself to death about it? On the other hand, if you do, it will allow me to see you once again,? he joked, smiling broadly.

Khyte let a small smile escape her lips. ?I think I?m staying put for the time being.? The smile faltered slightly. ?Kimbal? he told me that I should move on and try to find someone new.?

?And you should,? Corban encouraged. ?I know you, Khyte, and I know that you need someone there for you as I was.? His eyes met hers. ?I will always love you, and you know that. But you need to find someone who will love you as much as I do. And someone who will love Corra as his own child.?

?Besides you, where can I find a man like that??

Corban smiled lightly. ?You?d be surprised. You might him everyday and not even know it.?

Khyte contemplated the idea for a while, looking down at the dirt. ?You really would want me to move on??

?Of course. You cannot mourn me forever, Khyte.? His eyes flickered for a quick second. ?I have to go. I love you.?

?Corban, wait?? Khyte started, but he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Master Yoda sat peacefully in the meditation room, his deep eyes closed in thought as he felt the Force flow around him, telling him its will. He could feel the pain radiating off a young padawan down in the infirmary, a fresh saber burn on his arm. He could also feel the stress of Healer Linsday as she tried to calm the young boy. Then in the gardens, he could feel the sorrow of Knight Dunst. His thoughts were interrupted when the door opened, Master Windu coming in.

?Trouble, I sense?? Yoda asked.

?Unfortunately yes. Lucci De Jong?s court order went through. They?re demanding we hand over the child immediately.?

Yoda let out a humph in annoyance. ?Talked to the Chancellor, I have. Agree with me, he does. That child, she cannot raise. Unable to raise one, she was, impossible to allow her to raise another.?

?The courts have disregarded the Chancellor. They will take Corra by force if we do not hand her over.?

Yoda sighed, closing his

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Nah, that wasn't short at all.

Too bad for Corra; what exactly will the Order do to ultimately protect her from whatever the grandparents throw at them? I don't think a lawyer counts here. ;)

FORWARD!

3. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    How could the courts make such a ridiculous decision?!? I'm glad Yoda and the Jedi are there to protect Corra and Khyte now! And the scene between Khyte and Corban was so touching, too. Great job, Miana!! :)

Lol, so THAT's why you said Aloha! :p Sorry, I'm half-asleep and out of it here...but um, have fun in Hawaii then--that's even better!! :D

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :D Thanks guys!

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
  6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm BBBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

7. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :D Thanks, Jedi7!!

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  10. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, Miana.

I just finished reading "Uncurable" (I should have done that long ago), and it was really powerful... but in a way, this is even better.

Will we have the next post soon?

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, Ty-Gon. I can't give a real ETA, but sometime this week, hopefully.

~Mahalo!~

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, here's a post... Not as long as I had hoped, but a post.

~~~~~~~
    Khyte answered the door, a tired and fatigue look on her face. It turned to confusion at Kimbal?s glum expression. ?What?s wrong??

Kimbal let out a sigh. ?Some initiates got loose on my floor and decided to set off paint bombs in my room. Do you think you could put a guy up for a bit??

?Sure, come on in,? Khyte said, stepping aside for Kimbal to enter. Kimbal entered the familiar room, being attacked by a small figure instantly. The small child ran over and grabbed onto his legs tightly, looking up at him and grinning. Kimbal smiled, bending over and picking up his goddaughter. "Hey you.? He gave her a kiss on the cheek, the young girl giggling. ?Are you being a troublemaker for your mother??

Khyte leaned against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest. ?Well, take a look for yourself,? she grumbled, nodding her head to the wall. Kimbal turned to look, seeing streaks of different colors all over the white walls, two color markers on the ground, matching splotches on Corra?s hands. Kimbal raised an eyebrow and looked at his goddaughter. ?Did you do that?? He shook his head and set her down, looking up to meet Khyte?s tired face once more. ?Let me guess; it?s those permanent markers that Jonn got her??

Khyte nodded her head sadly, her weariness and fatigue showing. A foul scent filled the air, Khyte turning a tired face toward the kitchenette. ?Oh kriff, dinner!? She hurried into the kitchenette, turning down the stove where a pot of something was burning. Coughing, she turned on the air vent, the machine sucking the smoke out of the room. Khyte gave an exasperated sigh as she dumped the pot?s contents into the waste bin, filling it with water in the sink to start washing it.

She began washing the pot, feeling Kimbal come up behind her and grab her hands, making her put down the pot. ?Khyte,? he whispered into her ear, ?You?re exhausted. Go sit and rest.?

?I can?t, Kimbal. I have to make Corra?s dinner.? She began washing the pot once again, only to have Kimbal pry her hands away once more. Her arms felt weak from fatigue, so she did not resist.

?Khyte, don?t worry about it. Now go and rest.? He felt Khyte leaning back against him, her body aching with tiredness. He looked down on her, seeing her tired eyes half closed. Corra came into the kitchenette at that moment, burbling loudly. Kimbal held a finger up to his lips. ?Shhh?? he told her, the little girl becoming quiet. ?Mommy?s sleeping,? he whispered. ?Go get your coat and shoes real quick. We?re gonna go out,? Kimbal whispered, Corra giggling and nodding her head, turning then running out of the room.

Juggling his arms around Khyte, Kimbal picked her up and carried her to her room. She moaned softly as he set her down on her bed, mumbling, ?But I have to? make Corra?s? dinner??

?Shhh?? Kimbal answered, brushing a few strands out of her face. ?Just relax, Khyte. Get some sleep and don?t worry about Corra. I?ll take care of her.? He could hear her breath slowing as her mind drifted into sleep, Kimbal leaning over her and brushing her forehead with a kiss. ?I?ll always take care of her,? he whispered. ?And you.? He quietly left the room, dimming the lights low and closing the door. He found Corra waiting for him in the lounge area, her shoes on her hands and her jacket on her upside down. Shaking his head, a small smile came over his lips. It would be a long week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kimbal returned with Corra later that night, the young girl asleep in his arms. A small toy was clutched in her fist from her children?s meal at a small restaurant. Closing the door as quietly as he could behind him, Kimbal carried the small girl into her room, carefully setting her down in her crib. He stripped her of her jacket and shoes, finding her pajamas and changing Corra into them. Kimbal then pulled Corra?s blanket over the young girl, the child curling up into a small ball and hugging the blanket. He gave her a small kiss

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Nah, that wasn't too short.

All involved better be careful where they go and what they do. One slip and Corra is out the door.

FORWARD!

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Mahalo, Casper.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Shorty for right now...

Happy 4th!

~~~~~
    Khyte awoke, her eyes trying to close once more as she fought to wake up. Her mind filled with questions as it began working once more. What time is it? How long have I been asleep?she looked over the chrono, seeing it was early afternoon. Kriff, for that matter, what day is it? Her mind groggily began instructing her to wake up, Khyte throwing back her sheets and crawling out of bed. She looked herself over in a mirror, seeing the bags beneath her eyes, and seeing in disgust that she had the same pair of clothes on that she had been wearing during the day.

Half awake, she exited her room and went into the freshner, turning on the water shower. She let the warm water wake her senses, her mind beginning to function normally again. She remembered how exhausted she had been the night before, trying to make Corra?s dinner when Kimbal came in. She didn?t remember much after that, only that Kimbal had taken her to her room and she had fallen asleep, leaving Corra?

Khyte froze, quickly turning off the shower and grabbing a towel to wrap around herself. She exited the freshner, looking around her apartment. ?Corra? Corra!? she called, panic starting to over come her as stretched out with the Force and realized that her daughter wasn?t there. She ran into her room, grabbing a fresh pair of clothes and throwing them on. Her wet hair clung to her face as she pulled her tunic over her head, fastening her trousers as she ran back out into the small lounge, heading for the comm unit. Her fingers quickly began dialing in Master Rhy?s room, stopping as she heard the door open.

In walked Kimbal, Corra in his arms. She had the toy she had gotten from the restaurant the previous night in her hand, giggling as Kimbal whispered something to her. Kimbal?s eyes caught sight of Khyte, the woman looking half panicked. Her wet hair was clinging to her face, her eyes wide. He set Corra on her feet, the child waddling over to her mother, smiling.

Khyte slowly put the receiver of the comm unit back in place, kneeling down and engulfing her daughter in a tight embrace. Kimbal could see Khyte?s eyes welding with tears, holding Corra tighter than before. He went a put a hand on Corra?s shoulder, Khyte?s grip on the child loosening. ?Corra, go play in your room,? Kimbal told her gently, the little girl nodding and running into her room. Khyte got to her feet, closing Corra?s door with the Force. Once it was closed, she turned and slapped Kimbal across the face.

Kimbal stumbled back, his eyes narrowing at Khyte?s angry visage. ?Where have you been? I have been worried sick about Corra!? she said, trying to contain her voice from shouting. ?I wake up and she is gone!?

Kimbal raised his arms in a defensive stance. ?Khyte, calm down. She?s been with me all morning.?

?Where were you?? she asked again, her voice hard.

?We were just down in the gardens, Khyte. I didn?t want Corra to wake you up.?

Khyte sighed, slumping her shoulders and backing off, her emotions flooding into one large clutter. ?Do you know how worried I have been? I looked around and saw that she was gone?? Khyte?s voice began cracking, the woman trying to stop herself from crying. Kimbal saw the stress that was behind her eyes, stepping forward and gently drawing Khyte into an embrace. ?I know, Khyte. I know. I?m sorry,? he said quietly, holding her close.

?When I saw she was gone, I thought that?? she started once again, unable to finish.

Kimbal gently took her head, making her look up at him. ?Khyte, I won?t let that happen. I promise you that I won?t.?

The woman nodded her head sadly. ?I know, Kimbal. I know that. It?s just that? I can?t help but feel like something is going to happen to her.?

Kimbal sighed reluctantly. ?I feel it too, Khyte. But I keep telling myself that it won?t happen if I can help it.?

Khyte let a soft smile come onto her lips. ?I guess that makes me feel a little bit better.?

Kimbal returned th

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Casper ~ what's the "Ah oh" for?

18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Every time one of them leaves the Temple with Corra, I think she's gonna be snatched by the sithly mother-in-law. post soon 7

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, jedi7. As for that... well, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    push this back up...
    Working on a post... expect it in a few days.

22. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    :) UP!!! :)

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The trio made their way to a small café a few minutes away from the Temple, finding it mostly empty minus a few spacers and pilots sitting at the bar. The waiter droid led them to a small booth, handing them two flimsy menus, as well as a coloring page and a few color markers for Corra. The droid returned a few minutes later, taking their food and drink orders, then wheeled away. Corra started straight away on making marks on the coloring page, leaving the two adults to speak.

Khyte watched her daughter scribble over the paper, a small smile coming over her lips as she saw that none of Corra?s markings were actually making inside the lines. She could feel Kimbal watching too, their eyes briefly meeting, then diverting off. Khyte could think of nothing to say to keep conversation, nor could Kimbal. They sat in uneasy silence, the only sound being Corra mumbling nonsense to herself.

The waiter droid came back with their drinks, Corra giggling in delight as the droid placed an animal shaped sipper cup in front of her. Kimbal inwardly laughed at how easily amused the child was, wishing to himself that little things like that could cheer him up when he was blue. He stirred his drink with his hand, taking a sip of the caffinated beverage. A thought came to his mind as he set the drink down, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

?Did you hear that Jonn?s seriously considering taking on a padawan??

Khyte?s eyes averted to him, large with shock. ?What? The Council?s letting him??

?Obviously. At first he wasn?t sure, but now he wants to.?

?And to think he was in irresponsible one,? Khyte said casually, taking a sip of her drink. ?What about you??

?What about me??

Khyte shrugged. ?You ever think about training a padawan??

Kimbal let out a small sigh. ?Before I became a knight, I wanted to. But then Corban got sick, and?? He trailed off a bit before starting up again. ?Well, our lives kinda got put on hold.?

Khyte nodded her head, then forced a laugh, shaking her head. ?Who would have though that Jonn would be the first out of us to become a Master??

Kimbal laughed also, forcing a smile on his lips. This was how it should be. They should be able to go out to a small café or whatnot and just have fun, like they used to. But Kimbal knew he was right in one aspect. Their lives had been put on hold by Corban?s sickness and death, and he knew that they would never completely get back to normal.

The waiter droid came back with their food a few minutes later, Corra gladly setting down her coloring markers and munching on a piece of Khyte?s Corellian pan bread. Silence came over the small group once more, the food stuffed in their mouths stopping the chatter.

Kimbal?s seat was facing the front entrance of the small café, the doors opening and two burly men walking in, looking around. One looked straight at Kimbal, then turned to the approaching waiter droid. A pit seemed to form in Kimbal?s stomach as the droid led the two men to the bar. ?I have a bad feeling about this,? he mumbled, seeing Khyte eye him curiously.

?Kimbal?? she asked, not sure of what the strange gleam in his eyes was. She saw him slowly reach down into his cloak and pull out his lightsaber, laying the weapon in his lap. He wouldn?t take his eyes off of the newcomers, worry coming over Khyte. ?Kimbal, what is it??

Kimbal said nothing, but continued to eat slowly, his eyes not even blinking. The two men sat at the bar and talked between themselves, often glancing back at Kimbal. After about a minute, one got up from the bar and began walking over toward the Jedi?s small booth. Kimbal slowly lowered his hand down below the table, gripping his lightsaber.

?Excuse me sir, do you happen to have a comlink I could borrow really quick? I seem to have lost mine,? he said, digging through the deep pockets in his large brown coat. His hand reached into a final pocket, something triggering in the back of Kimbal?s mind. He ignited his lightsaber right as the man pulled a blaster out of

24. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Kimbal, Kimbal, Kimbal thank goodness for him, cause I had a bad feeling something would happen when they left the temple. Please continue Miana, I can't wait for some romance :) :) :) 7

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, 7. As for romance, well... you'll just have to wait. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.