main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    push this back up...

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
  3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Push this back up to the top

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kimbal covered Corra with her blanket, the small girl instantly curling up next to her stuffed animal and putting her thumb in her mouth. Letting the corners of his mouth twitch into a smile, the Knight left Corra?s bedside, flicking the lights to a low dim as he went out the door, hearing it close behind him. He rubbed the back of his stiff neck as he saw Khyte waiting patiently for an explanation.

?Well?? she asked, her face neither angry nor calm, which unnerved Kimbal.

?I think you should sit down,? He said grimly, heading toward the sofa. He saw Khyte stay where she was.

?I?m fine where I am,? she said stiffly, seeing Kimbal shake his head.

?Really, sit down,? he insisted, letting himself sink down onto the sofa. Khyte reluctantly sat down opposite of him, eyeing him plainly. ?Start talking,? she commanded.

Kimbal let out a sigh, not knowing where to begin. ?Well, it?s not easy to word this? Lucci?s court appeal passed. According to the Alderaani court, Corra should rightfully be placed with her. If we do not hand her over, they will try to take her, just like they tried tonight.?

He saw the blood drain from Khyte?s face as a visage of horror came over her. ?They?re going to take her away?? she asked, more than slightly aghast, knowing that her worst fears were coming true. ?They?re going to take my Corra away??

?They?ll try,? Kimbal said simply, seeing Khyte biting her lip like she did whenever she was stopping herself from screaming out or crying. Her eyes were cast off into nothingness, then they snapped back to Kimbal. ?There was no paint bomb, was there??

?In my apartment? Yes and no. Yes, some initiates were let loose with paint in my room,? he said with a grimace, ?But no, that?s not why I?m here.?

?The council sent you to watch over Corra,? Khyte finished quietly, lowering her head once more.

Kimbal gently took Khyte?s hand, causing her to look up. ?And you,? he said quietly. ?To get to Corra, they know they have to get through you. You?re in as much danger as she.?

Khyte stood up quickly, a flash of anger on her face. ?And you let us go out to eat tonight??

?I had to make things seem normal,? Kimbal explained, trying to get Khyte to lower her voice. ?Besides, you needed to get out of the Temple. I could see it in your attitude.?

Khyte shook her head and sat back down, pressing her fingertips against her temple. She sighed after a minute, then spoke up again. ?Do you think they?ll try again??

?No doubt about it. We just have to be careful next time. Like taking Jonn or Master Rhy with us.?

Khyte stared at him incredulously. ?You?re still willing to go into public??

?Khyte, these men are hired hands. They fear the Jedi.?

?The ones tonight certainly didn?t!? Khyte said, raising her voice once more. Kimbal raised his arms defensively to get Khyte to lower her voice, but the woman didn?t. ?You?re telling me that you were sent to guard Corra, but you are still willing to go out into public and use her like bait??

?Khyte, you?re going to wake Corra,? Kimbal warned, glancing back nervously at the door to the child?s room. But the damage was done. A second later, a loud wail was heard from Corra?s room, Khyte storming past Kimbal and going into her daughter?s room. Kimbal got up and followed her, trying to explain himself.

?Khyte, I only took you two out tonight because I knew that Corra would be safe with me.? He watched Khyte pick up Corra and hold her daughter, calming her cries down. ?You know I would never put Corra?s life in danger.? Khyte pushed past him once more, going and opening the door that led to the hallway of the Temples. She nodded her head to the open doorway.

?Get out. Now.?

Kimbal sighed in defeat, then reluctantly headed for the door, grabbing his cloak off of the back of the sofa. He eyed Khyte as he past her, the woman?s eyes glaring at him. He reached out his hand to ruffle Corra?s hair, Khyte sharply pulling her daughter out of his reach. Kimbal pulled his hand back quickly,

6. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Yes, they are ALONE!!!! Kimbal, get back over there right now!
    (we have a sneaky author here Kimbal u never know what she's gonna do). ;) ;) :) 7

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    DOH! Kimbal, you vidiot! Haven't you heard the watchdog theory: just lay down by her front door. ;)

Well, we do need the mandatory adernaline rush. :D

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, Casper...

7 ~ You're right about one thing... You never do know what I'm gonna do... :D

Thanks guys!

9. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Eeek.. taking drive test (AGAIN) tomorrow...

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay! I passed! :D

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    wheee... Long post...

~~~~~~~~~
    The next morning had come, Kimbal adding another sleepless night to his long list. Jonn had risen with the sun, too cheerful for Kimbal?s taste. The Tatooinian Jedi crawled off the sofa and headed into the small kitchenette, turning on the caff maker and letting it?s strong fumes fill the air. Once the drink was ready, Kimbal poured it into two mugs, taking one and sipping down the hot liquid. Jonn came out of his room, whistling brightly and already dressed. ?Morning!? he said cheerfully, Kimbal grunting a response. Jonn took a seat on one of the kitchen stools, picking up his mug of caff and taking a drink of the liquid.

?You don?t look like you slept very well,? Jonn said bluntly, seeing Kimbal run a hand through his unruly hair.

?I would sleep well if I actually slept,? Kimbal replied, taking another sip of his drink.

Jonn shook his head. ?Man, why do you do this to yourself? I know you?re worried about Khyte, but you shouldn?t. We?re inside the Temple, for kriff?s sake. Only a complete moron would try to break into the Temple.?

Kimbal let out a small laugh, the corners of his mouth twitching into a smile. ?Yeah, I guess you?re right.?

Jonn clapped his friend on the back. ?Come on. We?re going Padawan-shopping today. You get to help me.?

Kimbal swigged the last of his caff, beginning to head into Jonn?s room to use the freshner and borrow a pair of his clothes. ?I still can?t believe the Council would let you of all people get a padawan??

?Shut up,? Jonn said, picking up a blumfruit that lay on the counter and throwing it at Kimbal. The Jedi stopped it in midair, snatching it and taking a large bite out of it. Jonn stuck out his tongue in a childish manner, Kimbal simply grinning as he went into Jonn?s room.

~~~~~~~~~~
    The two Jedi Knights headed out into the Temple, seeing it already buzzing with life like a giant metal beehive. Jonn lead Kimbal toward the crèche, Kimbal hearing the loud laughter and wailing of the initiates all the way down the hall. Kimbal gave Jonn a grateful look as they passed the young initiates ward and headed to the older children?s section. Kimbal found it much quieter a more peaceful, Jonn opening a door to one of the rooms and heading inside. Kimbal followed, seeing Master Yaddle sitting in a meditative stance before a large group of ten year olds. The old Jedi master took note of the two guests, opening one of her eyes and looking at them.

Kimbal looked around, seeing about thirty older initiates all seated in meditative positions, their eyes closed as let their minds become one with the Force. There were quite a few humans in the lot, but about a dozen children of different species. Kimbal noted one small girl with dark curly hair, reminding him of Corra. Was Corra to be like these children? Raised in the Temple crèche, not knowing her parents, having the Jedi ways instilled in her at an early age? He shook his head. No? he didn?t want Corra to be raised like her mother was. Corra had a loving family that she needed to be with. But at the back of his mind, Kimbal told himself that if they wanted to keep Corra safe from the likes of Lucci De Jong, it might have to come to this.

Master Yaddle opened both eyes, coming out of her trance. The class seemed to join her, a few students stretching out their cramped muscles and limps. ?Very good, that was,? Yaddle commended. ?Now, another exercise must we continue on to. Knights Vojid and Underwood,? Yaddle called out, seeing all the children all turn their heads to the newcomers. ?Help us with this exercise, would you??

Kimbal eyed Jonn, who had a large grin on his face. ?Of course Master Yaddle. What would you have us do??

?Walk around, you shall, through the group of children. Have their eyes closed, they will. Touch them, you shall not, but place hand over their head, you will. Try to sense you with the Force, they will. When sense you, the do, raise their hand, they will. Keep it up until had a turn, everyone has. Remembe

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Shameless upping...

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh poopie diapers, that was tooooooo close. See what pride gets ya? Guys in black pajamas wanting your little girl. ;)

I think all involved learned their lesson for the week.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, Casper... :)

16. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Next time Kimbal, stay with your girl :) and tell Miana to let you kiss Khyte already. 7

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Oh, please Miana just a littleromance... ok ok a warm handshake? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] :p 7

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    PATIENCE, 7... PATIENCE... Soon enough we shall take over the human race... oops, did I just say that aloud? ;)

But seriously...

PATIENCE... :D

20. fic_reader

fic_reader Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    to the top :)

21. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Wow, Miana, great posts! Sorry I haven't been around lately--it's all DRL's fault!! :(
    But it was fun getting caught up and having so many posts to read right in a row. I'm looking forward to that romance, too, but I will try to be patient. Looking forward to more! :)

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY!!!!!! I got my computer back!!!!! :D

Wow! Welcome, Fic_reader!! I'm glad you like so far!

SARI!!!! :) Hey chica, don't sweat it. Glad you're still alive ;)

I'm gonna be working my tail off this week to get caught up, so I'll try to get something soon!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Twack* Back to the top, you!

Trying to come up with a post, so Never fear!!!

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Jonn returned with Healer Cynthia Lindsay shortly after, the petite woman quickly applying a small bacta patch to the cut on Khyte?s forehead. A mere minute after Cynthia arrived, Master Rhy-Awn Tomac entered the room, relief spreading onto his worried face as he saw Khyte still intact. ?Are you all right?? he asked, seeing Khyte nod.

?I?ll be okay, Master Rhy,? she said, giving a small smile.

Ryh-Awn crossed his arms over his chest, frowning slight. ?Khyte, I know I wasn?t your master, and I know you?re a Knight now, but??

Khyte furrowed her brows slightly, both in questioning on Master Rhy?s account and also on the small amount of pain the bacta patch was giving her skin as its small fibers attached themselves to her skin. ?But what, Master Rhy??

?Khyte, I?m putting you under house arrest.? Rhy-Awn?s frown grew as Khyte began to laugh. ?Khyte, I?m serious. I don?t want you leaving the Temple grounds. Not until we get this sorted out.? He fixed his gaze on Kimbal and Jonn, who both looked amused as well. ?As for you two, I want you to make sure she doesn?t leave and is never alone.?

?We understand, Master Rhy,? Kimbal said, a half-amused look on his face. ?And don?t worry. After today, we won?t take any more risks.?

Cynthia finished her fussing over Khyte, going and gently taking Rhy-Awn?s arm. ?Come on. The three of them are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.?

Rhy-Awn sighed in defeat, eyeing Khyte once more. ?You sure you?ll be all right??

?I?ll be fine, Master Rhy. I?ve got these two to protect me,? Khyte said, indicating Jonn and Kimbal.

?That?s what worries me,? Rhy-Awn groaned. Cynthia tugged on his arm once more, leading him out of the apartment and into the corridor. ?They?ll be fine,? she assured him. ?Trust me.?

~~~~~~~~

Another issue, however, had risen between the three Jedi Knights inside the apartment: sleeping conditions. Jonn observed his apartment, noting that the only places to sleep (comfortably, at least) was the sofa and his own bed, which Corra had taken over. He turned to his two companions, stating the obvious. ?Well, the simple fact is that two of us are going to have to share my bed with Corra and the other will sleep on the sofa.?

Kimbal rubbed the back of his neck, ache and fatigue setting in. ?Well, Khyte naturally gets first dibs on the bed because of Corra, which leaves us two,? he concluded, eyeing Jonn.

A sly thought crossed Jonn?s mind, the Jedi saying, ?You go ahead, Kimbal.. You?ve been sleeping on the sofa all week.?

Kimbal glared at his friend, knowing why Jonn had willingly given up his bed. He tentatively eyed Khyte, who simply shrugged. ?I?m tired and I really don?t care.?

The grin on Jonn?s grew. ?Perfect! It?s settled then.? Khyte let out a small yawn, then turned and headed into Jonn?s room, leaving Kimbal with his friend. Kimbal turned to Jonn once more, practically glaring laser blasts at him. ?Jonn, you??

?Kimbal, trust me.? Jonn continued to grin as he saw the annoyed look on Kimbal?s face.

?I should have never told you?? Kimbal grumbled in annoyance as he eyed the doorway to Jonn?s room.

?Maybe not, but you need to tell her,? Jonn pointed out, lowering his voice to slightly above a whisper. ?Kimbal, if you really feel that way, then tell her.?

Kimbal let out a sigh, slumping his shoulders in defeat. ?She deserves better, Jonn.?

The expression on Jonn?s face was one of absolute shock. ?Kimbal Underwood, you know better than to say something like that! Khyte deserves the best, and you are it. What better father for Corra is there than you??

?I will never be Corra?s father,? Kimbal said through gritted teeth. ?Corban is and always will be.?

Jonn sighed in frustration mixed with annoyance, throwing his hands up in defeat. ?I give up on you? Will you just tell her to end both of our miseries? So I don?t have to hear you complain about it??

Kimbal relented, relaxing his posture and nodding slightly. ?Yeah, okay.?

The grin on Jonn?

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    back up for the afternoon crowd...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.