main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh fiddles, sometimes you're a second too late, and sometimes you're a life time too late.

But this isn't right........

FORWARD!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Boost this up...

3. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    HEY just when I thought that knuckle head was gonna tell Khyte his true feelings, well Jonn you tried!!
    Well the only consolation wouldbe if the person she bumped into was Obi-wan...noooooo Kimbal is meant for Khyte. :) :) :) ;) ;) 7

4. fic_reader

fic_reader Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    7 Kimbal's not a knucklehead he's just hopelessly in love, Khyte's probably just messing with his head, she probably heard his thoughts, when they were in bed with Corra.

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    He he he, 7... :D It can't be Obi-Wan, for he's only about 7-8 in this fic, remember? ;) Again, I say "He he he..." :D

6. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Ooops, sorry forgot, and I've been on vacation, **vacant mind** hehehe. 7

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    And again, He he he... (What does that mean? You'll have to wait for the next post!) :p

8. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    nice vacation pics Miana. 7

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    7, thanks :)

Gotta appologize for the delay. Haven't had much free time, but I'll try to get a post out before school starts Wed. Until then, Up!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *thwacks it back up*

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kimbal tried to pass the rest of the day, trying to make his mind believe that it was just a prank by Khyte. Jonn had pulled something like that when they were younger, so who was to say that Khyte wasn?t doing the same thing? What if she heard me last night? What if she?s just bluffing to see how jealous I would become? Yet Kimbal felt down in his gut that Khyte wasn?t bluffing.

It was early evening when Kimbal found out the truth. Jonn was off ?Padawan Hunting? while Khyte had practically barricaded herself in Jonn?s freshner, leaving Kimbal in the lounge to look after Corra. The young girl was sitting on the sofa next to her godfather, who was flipping through the holo channels, only stopping when Corra made a small noise, indicating that she wanted to watch it. A small sigh of relief escaped his lips as she choose an older holocartoon, one he had grown up on, rather than one of the newer, more annoying children?s programs.

While Corra giggled at the animated Gungan sidekick, Kimbal let a small smile slide onto his lips. The show used to be his favorite when he was younger. It was a stereotypical action hero holocartoon, one guy with super powers and strange tights on, then a silly sidekick who had no brains. Kimbal shook his head slightly, amazed at how incredibly dumb these holocartoons were plot-wise, yet they were still somewhat entertaining.

There was a chime at the door, Kimbal getting up from the sofa and heading to the door. He pressed the small panel, the door opening to reveal a tall man with sandy blonde hair standing at the doorway. His Jedi robes immediately gave away his status, but what he wanted was still a mystery. The Jedi had a somewhat confused look on his face as he eyed Kimbal.

?Um.. Is this Jonn Vojid?s room??

Kimbal nodded. ?Yes, but he?s not here. He?ll be back later if you want to speak with him. Sorry,? Kimbal added, reaching to hit the door panel once more. The man grabbed the door before it closed, holding it open, a somewhat perplexed visage encompassing Kimbal?s face.

?Actually, I wasn?t here to see Jonn. I was?? The man stopped, his eyes moving away from Kimbal and glancing over the man?s shoulder. Kimbal?s brows knitted, his eyes seeing the smile that had come over the man?s face, then turning to glance over his shoulder, following the man?s gaze.

Khyte had finally come out of the freshner, looking as radiant as possible in Jedi clothes. Kimbal noticed that she did not have her long sleeve tunic on, rather a tighter tanktop. She had not donned the cream trousers, but a black skirt that Kimbal thought was way too high. Khyte smiled brightly as she came up next to Kimbal, ignoring him but eyeing the newcomer. ?Come on in,? she invited, leading the man past Kimbal into the apartment. Kimbal remained where he was, his mind dumbfounded. He slowly turned, seeing Khyte holding Corra and talking softly to her daughter and to the man. Khyte?s eyes finally caught Kimbal?s, and she smiled, nodding her head toward him.

?Junuh, this is Kimbal. Kimbal, this is Junuh Ekstein.?

The man, Junuh, Khyte had called him, said something to Kimbal, who simply gave a nod of his head. The world seemed to be going mute in his mind, all sounds leaving. He could do nothing but stare at this new stranger who was practically butting him out of his place in his family. His mind began to race with the possibilities? Would Khyte try to replace Corban with him? Or worse, would she try to replace him with Junuh?

?Kimbal? Kimbal!?

Kimbal snapped out of his daze, seeing Khyte peering at him with a somewhat worried look on her face. ?Are you okay?? He nodded his head, trying to act normal when his mind was churning with worry. Khyte continued talking, Kimbal not really listening to rambling, only picking up two phrases: ?Going out? Be back late.?

Khyte headed back into Jonn?s room, saying she had forgotten something, leaving Kimbal alone with Junuh. Junuh glanced around the apartment nervously, finally setting

12. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Hmmmmmmm, Kimbal do I have to remind you that the Council wants you to "look after" aka guard, Khyte and Corra, remember the last incident? So Jedi Kimbal, I WANT YOU TO INVITE YOURSELF ON THAT DATE!!!!!!!!!! heheheheheh, but only for the sake of duty. :D 7

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    7 ~ :D Well, I guess you could say after all the "advice" he gave Junuh, one can only estimate exactly how long this date will actually last! ;)

Casper ~ :) Thanks for the boost.

15. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    UP by golly!!!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    one last up before school tomorrow... :)

17. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    Hi there!!! :D I just had to say what a great story I think this fic is. I read the original and just like the sequel, I thought it was awesome. I really enjoy the range of emotions in these stories, one minute your crying and next thing you know, you are laughing. I can't wait for the next post!

Amigirl [face_love]

PS. Shame on you Kimbal, for being so mean!!! I sure hope Khyte ends up with you!!! 8-}

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks, leia_amigirl! I'm glad you like it. :D

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Working on a post... hopefully it will be done this weekend! :)

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Incredibly short, sorry... :( Darth School, Darth Homework, and Darth Lack-of-sleep have teamed up against me.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Khyte didn?t need a wrist chrono to tell her what time she arrived back at Jonn?s apartment. By the lack of bodies, noise, and awake minds, Khyte knew exactly what the hour was: Late. She crept as quietly as she could into the apartment, not surprised to see the lights still on, as well as the holovid. Setting her small pouch down on the table, she flicked her finger toward the holovid, the device shutting off. She eyed the scene, smiling softly at it. Kimbal was fast asleep on the sofa, Corra asleep in his arms. Both looked serene and peaceful, Khyte not daring to do anything to wake them. Being courteous, Jonn had camped out on the floor beside the sofa, taking one of the sofa pillows and a spare blanket. She realized how cold it was inside the apartment, seeing Kimbal and Corra both without any form of blanket or covering. Tip-toeing into Jonn?s room, Khyte grabbed a blanket off of the bed, coming back out into the lounge, carefully stepping over Jonn to the sofa. She tried to quietly cover both Kimbal and Corra with the blanket, praying that neither would wake.

To no avail, Kimbal?s eyes shot open as Khyte pulled the top of the blanket to his chest. He blinked a few times, then a small smile crossed his lips. ?Hey,? he whispered quietly.

?Hi,? Khyte whispered back. She saw try to eye Corra out of the corner of his eye, Khyte supplying, ?She?s asleep,? for him. Kimbal didn?t want to risk moving her, so he remained put, averting his eyes from Corra to her mother. ?How was your? eh, date??

?It was fun,? Khyte whispered back, hiding a sly smile. ?It was rather strange though. For some reason, he never got the door for me, and insisted that I always pay. Oh, and at dinner, he has no such table manners!?

Kimbal feigned a shocked look. ?Are you serious??

?Yes,? Khyte said, continuing on, ?But what?s more interesting is that he says you told him to act that way.?

Kimbal?s fake shocked expression turned to panic. ?What? He? He actually thought I was being serious??

Khyte?s sly smile did not waver. ?Apparently so. However, once that was cleared up, we had a rather enjoyable time. In fact, we plan on going out again soon.? Khyte?s mind played tricks with her, thinking that she saw a visage of jealousy pass over Kimbal?s face. She blinked, but the expression was gone. Pushing the thought aside, she continued on. ?Well, I?m going to get some sleep. Next time, try not to ruin my date, will ya?? Khyte grinned, leaning over and giving Corra a small kiss on the head before turning and heading into Jonn?s room. At the threshold, she flicked the light switch with the Force, sending the room into a dim darkness. Khyte closed the door to Jonn?s room, leaving the three occupants of the lounge to sleep. Yet one kept his eyes open staring straight up into the darkness.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Push this back up!

22. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Khyte, aka clueless, CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! **can't you seeeeeeeee** 7 :)

continue to love your story Miana :)

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, 7!! :) Thanks for the boost ;)

24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hehehehehehe. BACKFIRE: it's a humbling, smelly concept. :p

FORWARD!

25. Miana Kenobi