main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life Goes On (Sequel to 'Incurable') **Updated 3/08**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    in the name of love. UP!!!! :)

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, 7....

School's kicking my butt right now, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to see if my homework will even let me near the computer for more than an hour... Until then, ciao!

3. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Kick schools butt back! ;)

FORWARD!

5. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    to the top!!!

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Another somewhat shorty.. I promise a good length post when school gives me a break!!

~~~~~~~
    The next few weeks went by dismally for Kimbal. It seemed that all of his plans to try to separate Khyte and Junuh backfired upon him. The more he tried to intervene in their relationship, the closer they became. Likewise, when he actually did nothing to try to stop them, they grew even closer, leaving Kimbal alone in search of a median.

To both Kimbal and Khyte, Junuh seemed too good to be true. Once Khyte?s apartment had been cleansed (and had more security systems installed), Junuh was waiting outside her door as she first came back to her home. Even little Corra had taken a liking to him, stirring up even more jealousy in Kimbal?s heart.

The only person who seemed to dislike Junuh even more than Kimbal was Jonn. His chocolate eyes narrowed every time the beau was near, as if he was looking him over for a stamp that said ?A-OK.? Jonn knew not what reason for contempt he held for the man, yet he knew something was wrong.

As for Khyte? Khyte swooned every time Junuh was near, making Jonn and Kimbal want to gag. She was more so impressed with Junuh for the mere fact that he was so good with Corra. She knew that most men would run at the sight of a child, yet Junuh stayed. It was a puzzle to Khyte but one she quickly pushed aside when he was near.

Yet the limits of Junuh were quick to be set. Even Khyte grew momentarily wary of Junuh?s motive on the first inccident. She, Junuh, and Corra were walking through the main corridor when they spotted a trio of Republic Deputies coming their way. On instinct, Khyte did not reach out to Junuh for help, but instead for Kimbal and Master Rhy, Kimbal arriving luckily just as the Deputies approached Khyte.

?Miss, we have a warrant for the confiscation of that child,? one of the deputies began, ?And to give her to her rightful guardians.?

Khyte?s brows furrowed quickly, even as Kimbal stepped between her and the guard. ?Confiscate? She is not a weapon, she is a child! And I am her rightful guardian. I?m her mother, for kriff?s sake!? Khyte said, trying to control her temper.

The second deputy unfortunately made the mistake of reaching out to try and physically take Corra from Khyte. ?I?m sorry, miss, but?? He stopped mid-sentence as he felt the searing hot kiss of a lightsaber being held at his throat, Kimbal standing so composed that a mere flick of his wrist would have ended the deputies life.

By that time, Master Rhy had found them, giving no command for Kimbal to lower his stance. ?You shall return to your stations and never come back,? he said smoothly with a wave of his hand, not breaking eye contact with the men, who deafly repeated the words, then turned to leave.

Kimbal reluctantly extinguished his blade, making sure the deputies were out of sight before he turned his back to the corridor to face Khyte. ?Are you all right?? he asked, seeing Khyte give an angry nod. A small flare of anger rose up inside him as his eyes caught sight of Junuh who during the whole ordeal had stood off to the side and watched passively. Kimbal also noted happily that he saw a small flare in Khyte as well. Maybe things were turning out for the better?

~~~~~~~~~

Kimbal followed Khyte and Junuh back to Khyte?s apartment, the woman putting an already asleep Corra in her bed. However, as Junuh prepared to enter the apartment, Kimbal grabbed him by the nape of the neck, swung him around and pushed him up against the wall, a small cry of protest coming from Junuh.

?You listen to me,? Kimbal started off harshly, ?You never, ever leave Khyte alone like that again, do you hear me??

?I was right there,? Junuh protested, getting cut off by Kimbal pushing him harder against the wall.

?But you didn?t do anything. You have to understand: the people who sent those deputies want Khyte dead. You do not leave her, you do not harm her, and you do not let harm come to her or Corra, you got that??

Junuh nodded with slight ang

7. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    WoooooooHooooooooo!!!!!! that's what I'm talking about. Jedi testosterone!!!! :D 7

8. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    Yeah!!! Kimbal is getting mad at that guy now!!! :D This is getting very interesting! Can't wait for more.

Amigirl [face_love]

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh, that guy could be in on it. Then again.......we'll have to wait and see. ;)

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow, 3 replies in one day! :)

Thanks guys! Again, I'll try to get a good length post up when school gives me a break. Right now I'm piled down with AP US History work. We're doing the mock trial of Aaron Burr, and I got picked to be a lawyer, which means a ton of extra research. So, until next weekend (maybe), ciao!

11. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  12. leia_amigirl

Jun 27, 2002
    Until the next post...Up! :D

Amgirl [face_love]

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks guys... I may or may not get anything out this weekend... I have a trial to work on.. :(

14. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  15. leia_amigirl

Jun 27, 2002
  16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    An up and a GRRRRR!!! To LeAnn Rimes for stealing my title! :p

(and to say that I'm working on a post!)

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    seems rushed to me, but oh well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    After Kimbal and Junuh?s ?little chat,? things began going better for the group. Junuh had obviously learned his lesson, never leaving Khyte?s side when they were in public. As much as it irked Kimbal to see him so close to Khyte, he could breath a small sigh of relief in knowing that she was all right.

A shock came later on to the small group when Jonn made an announcement. He gathered Kimbal, Khyte, Master Rhy, Corra, and, reluctantly, Junuh into his apartment lounge, standing before them like a professional showman. Once he had their attention, he began. ?I am here simply to inform you that in two days I shall no longer be a Jedi Knight.?

?What?!? Khyte shrieked with protest, startling Corra. Master Rhy leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, narrowing he eyes as he studied Jonn?s visage. Kimbal simply blinked.

Jonn raised his hands in defense. ?Allow me to finish. In two days, I will no longer be a Jedi Knight, but instead a Jedi Master.? He waited for a reaction, but received none.

Kimbal was unsure of what to say, as was Khyte. Master Rhy continued staring at Jonn, who?s brows furrowed at their ill-comprehension. He finally sighed and threw his arms upwards. ?I have a padawan now, sheesh.?

Master Rhy was the first to react, the Jedi Master coming forward and clasping Jonn?s shoulder. ?Congratulation, Jonn. Take it from me, it will be the most interesting years of your life.?

Jonn smiled in gratitude, Master Rhy?s movements influencing Kimbal and Khyte to move as well. The two congratulated their friend, Jonn grinning even wider. ?And do you know what the best part is? You all get to help me move tomorrow!? Even as groans replaced the congratulations, Jonn continued smiling.

~~~~~~~~~

After Jonn had settled into his new apartment, which, coincidentally, was on the same level as Khyte?s, Jonn began to grow nervous. Kimbal noticed the sudden change in his friend, Jonn?s apprehension tangible enough to cut a viroblade through it. Kimbal did all he could to calm his friend, as did Master Rhy.

?I know exactly how you feel, Jonn. I felt the same way before Lucy became my padawan,? he told him, a sad smile coming to the face of the Master at the memory of his first apprentice. ?The first week will be the roughest, I can guarantee you that. But in the long run, it?s worth it.?

Jonn was grateful for his council, yet his apprehension remained. Kimbal though he was going to pass out from nervousness at the ceremony, Kimbal trying to send waves of peace to his friend. However, once the small, dark-skinned boy who was to be Jonn?s apprentice arrived, the Knight was at ease. His hands did not tremble as he intertwined part of his old padawan braid with the curly hair of the boys. Once completed, Yoda made it official, finishing the ceremony off by announcing that Knight Jonn Voijd was now the master of Padawan Quin-Cey Lymon. Kimbal saw the grin of pride on Jonn?s face, feeling a small smile crawl onto his own visage. However, he looked over and saw Khyte and Junuh next to each other, the hands intertwined and dangling at their side. The small smile vanished as jealousy and sadness came, washing over Kimbal like a flood on Mon Calmari. How he wished he could be the one who had won over Khyte?s heart, the one who was there to protect her, support her. Yet he knew he could only watch from afar.

~~~~~~~~

Jonn and Quin-Cey took about a week to get accustomed to one another, as Jonn?s friends did trying to get accustomed to the fact that Quin-Cey went wherever Jonn went. However, once training started, Jonn had no time to spend with his friends, leaving Kimbal alone in his world.

To compensate for it, Kimbal began assisting Master Rhy in the saber technique class for the older children, finding that fighting was sometimes the best way to relieve stress. It was a good way to get rid of anger and pass the time, Kimbal finding himself actually enjoying teaching.

However, during once s

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    WOW!

Go get 'em, Kimbal!

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :) Thanks Casper!

20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    THat...that...that, coward!!!!, I knew nothing good would come of her relationship with that...that...that...that..coward, and he had the nerve to hide in the closet! That Junah deserved a sock in the chin, heck! I want to punch him myself. 7

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, thanks 7 ;)

22. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    7upped

23. leia_amigirl

Jun 27, 2002
    Wow!!! I don't know what to say. This is an awesome post! I'm glad that guy got hurt...thats what he gets for not paying enough attention and letting the bad guys get Corra. :D

Amigirl [face_love]

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hy guys, just pushing up for the moment. Like usual, can't promise anything except for the confirmation that I'm trying ;)

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey, have a great Halloween everyone!

Unfortunately, my next 3 weekends are booked, so posts will be even more sparse. :(

I shall try, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.