main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Life in the WW - Memphis Support Group

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by rhonderoo, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I noticed the last time we got together that there were a few of us mentioning Weight Watchers. Any of you guys out there having any luck?

I've been doing the online thing, and have got religious about tracking points.

Maybe we can share success stories, recipes, vent about bad days, etc.

Also, if you want to journal what you ate here to keep you honest, feel free. Maybe that's what I need to do!

I can only have 26 pts a day... So that's been a challenge.

2. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    Kelly & I have been on the plan since the middle of January. We both have lost about 20 pounds.

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That's awesome! I lost 60 lbs on it a few years ago, but gained some back due to not sticking on maintenance.

I've lost 6 lbs. since getting serious about it two weeks ago. Now I've just got to make time to work out more. The monkey(s) on my back is bread and alcohol. Oy vey.

4. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    I know it works. When I was in high school, I was on WW & got down to 150. I started putting it back on when I started working at . . . Pizza Hut!!

If I can do it, I know you can! I know it's going to be a long haul for me to get back down to an acceptable weight. I also need to lose the weight because of my heart condition.

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Yep- I'd like to get down about 20-40lbs less before I get a heart condition, which does run in my family.

Nicki's been doing WW on-line which means I'm kinda doing it, too- at least at dinner. ;)

Since we've been dating I've kept about the same weight, but have lost an inch or two in my waist and can occasionally wear an XL again. I don't want to get down to my old high school weight (135-140 waaaay too skinny), but 175-180 would be nice. I'm around 215-220 now.

Now if you will excuse me I need to drink more water.

Lin

6. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I'm doing WW Online as well. I've been back on the program for a month, and I've lost 6.5 lbs. I lost about 25 lbs before C4 on WW, but I had dropped all of my good habits and gained ALL of the weight back.

My biggest issue is, and always has been, portion control. I'm religiously counting my points and measuring/weighing my food. Lin doesn't even blink anymore when I get my measuring cup out to fix my dinner plate.

Roo: I only get 22 points per day. [face_plain]

7. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob's Mom lost 90 lbs on it, but she only eats the Lean Cuisine dinners for dinner anymore. Occasionally she will have chicken if that's what we are having. I find it hard later in the evenings. I am a late night snacker. I love peanut butter, but it adds up quick. Rob just goes to bed if he is hungry.

I have to lose at least 30 more lbs by September before my 20 year high school reunion. I need to start exercising.
    BTW, I really like the Sobe Lifewater 0 calorie. It helps with the sweet tooth late in the afternoon and gives me a boost.

Sitting here eating an apple (Cameo - Kroger .99 lb)

Everyone keep up the great work! =D=

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, Mike's going to reap benefits, too. We're eating things like grilled fish and vegetables for dinner.

I keep the water on my desk with a straw in it and drink about two liters a day at work. I'm about 4 lbs from going down in daily points, which will suck. I was at 22 points a day right before C4 and about all you can eat on that is fruit and veggies. Good times!

Yogurt and hummus have been godsends for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.