main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Life Lessons from Star Wars...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sar-Tamber-lac, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    So, folks...this is a Star Wars messageboard...so to appease the RSA's, I thought this might be a good topic to discuss. What life lessons can we learn from Star Wars?

I take this one...just when we think we know it all, something always comes and rocks our world (a la Luke Skywalker in ANH)

What are some things you've learned?

2. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Just because your name is Luke you don't have to worry about Darth Vader comming to get you and hide under the blankets

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Bravo Tammy [face_love]

From the first time that I saw Star Wars in 1977 it had an immediate impact on me. The music, the effects, the fantasy. There had not been a movie like it at that time. I became totally consumed by the Star Wars phemom. My parents thought that I was nuts. Empire came out and I found myself being mad that I would have to wait 3 years to see what happened. Star Wars will forever represent to me what made me dream what it was like a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

4. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    LOL!!

How about the truth in the saying "Big things come in small packaging?" or "Don't judge a book by its cover?" I mean, who'd of thunk Yoda could move that fast!

EDIT: That's awesome, Mike :)

5. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Actually Star Wars has shaped my life, I think about it for at least 30 mins a day at bare minimum

6. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    The only thing I learned from Luke is that if you start off as a whiney boy, then you'll become a great Jedi. :p

7. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Star Wars has taught me little if anything . . . my parents, my family, my friends and my teachers have taught most of everything I know. I think we are reading to far into a simple saturday morning serial if we think that SW is life altering expirience. Star Wars main message is good will triumph over evil, life is full of greys and teaching children that life is black and white is misleading for kids. Star Wars is fantasy, no more no less. Star Wars is fun, it's also mindless fiction.

Tammy, you had to be so darn quick, eh ? I wanted to spite Mike :p

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Star Wars has taught me that I can stand in line for five hours without going insane from boredom.

9. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    So true...but it does have it's good features...

It's full of quoteables that have weaved their way into normal everyday conversation...I mean, how many people have you heard say "Use the Force" or "I have forseen it" when not even remotely discussing Star Wars? It's something that has dramatically altered society...along the same lines as The Simpsons. They are things that will never die. That means they've altered a life somewhere...

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    It hasn't really taught me anything though...tis only a movie.

11. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    It's full of quoteables that have weaved their way into normal everyday conversation

I quoted SW in my post Tammy :p no more no less ;)

Edit: post 2, 400

12. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Lessons i've learned from Star Wars:

- If you're in a bar and someone says they don't like you, take his word for it and run like hell.

- you can't get too far in life without knowing what the center switch on a speeder bike does (jams their communications ;) )

- Just because the guy is on life support doesn't mean he can't kick your ass.

- Short help is better than no help.

13. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002

Funny green men who live in swamps aren't to be trusted....
    AND
    The insertion or "pants" into any line is funy

14. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    - If you're in a bar and someone says they don't like you, take his word for it and run like hell.

LOL! [face_laugh]

15. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    From the EU: You can't look dignified when you're having fun. Just be yourself and don't worry about what other people will think.

From the films: If you have heart, you'll triumphant. It doesn't matter if they seem superior in every way, you can't give up.

17. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Oh and you forgot one DOY: No matter what, furry little creatures can always beat up Stormtroopers.

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Maybe I disguised it better than I thought as the speech about having heart. :p

19. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
  20. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    No, thats what Lucas wants you to think....the fuzzballs really can't, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Yeah but Stormtroopers have the strength of a twig. There armour must be crap because everytime they get shot at, they go down.

22. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    No, only the ones we see die have the crappy armor, now it all makes sense

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, the guy who walked into the door was a moron and he didn't die.

24. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Actually he died of screen from brain damage....or maybe....nah...He was lucky

25. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    The moral of the story is Stormtroopers suck and Clone troopers are better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.