main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Life size replica of Han Solo in Carbonite

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Phantom_Catfish, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
  2. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Oh, I've always wanted one of those so bad, but I could never afford the price it always goes for. :(

3. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Man, I was just at the USPS site to try and figure out shipping, and the closest I could get is $120 for parcel post! And that's at only 70 pounds (as high as the site let's you go on package weight), plus I'm sure it would need to be professionally packed and maybe even sent freight! Shipping alone puts that thing out of my league! :p

That's the problem, I'd love to be able to collect stuff like that, but it's just wayyyyy too far out of my price range. Our local PBS satiation holds an auction every year and the big item this year was the life size Pepsi Yoda. I considered bidding on it thinking it would be cool to have if I could get it for maybe $200 bucks or so, but I think the final price was something like $755. No big deal, I didn't really have the room for it, and the more I think about it, I didn't really have the $200 either... ;)

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    That is so cool. I never knew those were even produced.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    One of my fanforce members is making one of these and will have it ready within a couple of weeks. It will be working with the lights on the side, and our group plans to carry it into Comic Con, just like the scene on Cloud City where they carry Han Solo to Boba Fett's ship. We will have costumed members carrying the Han in Carbonite through the convention all the way to the San Diego Star Wars Society's booth... we imagine it will create quite a stir. :D

After the Han in Carbonite is finished, he will be working on making a fully functional fullsize Artoo. :D So for next year's comic con.. the club will have its own astromech droid! :D

6. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    That's awesome. Be sure to post some pics when they're finished. :)

7. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    You have some very talented people in your FanForce MJF. Thats awesome

8. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    this could be the coolest thing i've ever seen! friggin' amazing!!!

just think if lifesize replicas could be made inexpensively. if you could have this for , say, $100, who would want one? i wish i knew how to do sculpture. i'd try o make one myself.

that R2-D2 and Han with lights sounds way cool, MJF. impressive. most impressive.

9. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I've always wanted one of these. It would make the coolest coffee table...LOL.

10. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Dude, I'd be satisfied with a cardboard mock up.

11. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Let me just say this, if any of us were to consider buying this thing, knowing our average economic status, we would have ask ourselves one thing: "Do I buy Han in Carbonite, or do I buy food to sustain my life?"

It would all lead to one word: BANKRUPTCY

That is all.

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Would you really sit drinks and magazines on Han's face? 8-}

13. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    heck, yeah, sapient! i'd use his hands as natural drink holders! no need for coasters! i'd keep martini olives in his mouth, too!

14. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Would you kiss it good night telling it you loved him and quietly listening for the remote chance it might answer back, "I know."

15. yodashizzzle

Jan 27, 2003
    maybe................ i'm pretty comfortable in my masculinity and i'm not a homophobe. it would just be sad not to tell han i love him!

[kevin nealon as sam donaldson] what's the matter?! it's no skin off your back to tell the man you love him!"[kevin nealon as sam donaldson]

but i'd use a toothpick to get the olives. 8-}

16. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Heck yeah Sapient! hehehe. He would make the coolest table ;) I like the drink holder idea...LOL.

17. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    This is one of those things that would be great to have IF you had the money. Oh well, someday. ;)

18. G_MaDINe_DK

G_MaDINe_DK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2003
    SWEET. Missa wanna.
    I know the place to put it in my room. But i dont know where to get the money...

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    MJF --I wish I could make it to Comic Con this year to see that! :( I can only imagine what kind of attention you'll get. [face_love]

20. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    He better have it done by Comic-Con :mad:

8-}

21. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Of Course Brian('s Toys) One... Now Watch That One Go Up Into The Multi-Billion Dollar Range On His Website... [face_plain]

-Yoda ;)

22. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    I wanted to bid on that so bad, but not only would I have to pay for it, shipping, but also a lawyer as my wife would want a divorce.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.