main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Life size Wookiee plush?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by obiwanccna, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obiwanccna

obiwanccna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004
    Hello, Bonjour, and H'chu apenkee. I am working on a life sized plush named Grakchawwaa. He will be life sized. His body is based off a Rubies Supreme Chewbacca costume. I have never sewn before. How do I go about creating him?

What should I do about sewing his face, feet, arms and eyes (he doesn't have any!)(considering he'll start out as a costume)? Approximately how much polyester fibre (stuffing) would I need for him?

Any info would be appreciated.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You might consider asking in our Costuming and Props forum if you don't get an answer here. Unfortunately I'm no help on this one!

3. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Hi :)
    first you will have to make a pattern for this.
    do you have that costume and can trace over the body of that? or you have to make your own

to sew on limbs, you must stuff the limb first then fold the edge of the material on both pieces to make a seam. you have to sew the limb under the seam on the body to make it neat. same for feet, I recommend doing the feet seperete.

It's very difficult to shape a head. I think you will have to do it like the head of a teddy bear. make the hole head first, then out of two semi circles join together and stuff to make a snout. again you have to fold it to make a seam to make it neat. I think you should look at toy making tutorials on the internet or get a book on it to help.

if you do claws and fingers that's very fiddly. it's like attatching limbs again.

I can imagine you need something like 15 meters of stuffing, probably more.

that's very big project for someone who cant sew, and it will take you months without a sewing machine.
    I think you should make a small, normal toy sized one to practice, then you can use a bear pattern which looks similar to a wookiee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.