main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.
  3. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards - Nominations

Beyond - Legends Life Sucks and Then You Live On (AU Luke, Mara, Callista: COMPLETED! 1 March, Chapter 7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    I really liked this and I'm glad I continued reading past the first chapter ;)
    It has always been Mara for me.
    I'll never understand how Barbara Hambly could ever come up with a character like Callista.

Thank you :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I went of to the FF.n so I could read this one -- WOW -- you blew me away with this one. The twists and turns were great and the emotions --- so nice and then the wrap up at the end with the kids all grown up -- nice touch.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Force Ghost star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Gemma for reading. This is one of my favorite stories for some reason. It is too bad about the truncation, but I am glad I had it on FFN.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- how in blazes did I miss this fun, fun fic? :eek: Was I in a cave? LOL Please, I need the ffnet link in a PM? [face_batting] Bless Gemma for finding this and help bumping it to the top. @};-

Gemma likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! You can find all of my stories over at FFN: https://www.fanfiction.net/~jedilover If you ever lose that link you can find it in my signature.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! Bookmarked LOL [face_dancing]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: @};-
    Here's my overall point-by-point review: ;)

Chapters 1-3

Loved how Ben and Darik clicked right off.

Callista was/is a piece of total work. :rolleyes:

Mara was right and insightful in her analysis of Callista's narcissistic personality. :p

I squeed when Darik told Luke that Mara told Darik she loved 'his' Daddy. Yes!!!!! ;)

~~~!

chapter 4-5

Love Mara's pragmatic suggestion and the 'love confessions.' [face_laugh]

I believe Luke was always a bit more in love with Mara than he might have realized back then, but now he's in a position to realize it and compare Mara with Callista. Night and day. :p

~~~~!

I had an absolute :eek: moment at Ben's disclosures. Lands, that just about bites the big one doesn't it?
    :rolleyes:

So sad that Ben felt unloved; definitely seems like Callista was way more into the computer fixer-upper than anyone else.

Superb talk with the two of them together. =D= Their reactions - terrifically handled. LOL Darik knew all along huh? ;)

~~~~~!

Final Chapters :)

Hee! Han was a trip as usual, and Leia's reaction(s) totally expected and understandable.

The L/M was just scrumptious, natch. [face_dancing]

Luke was so enthusiastic, but who blames him?

Chapter 7 had such yummy H/L teasing and mush. :D And Ben's friends made me laugh -- I love seeing him and Darik as part of such a warm, fun family.

=D=

[:D] !!!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Nyota's Heart. I can't remember what inspired this story, but I know I was in a bitter mood when I wrote the first chapter. lol! I am glad you like it. I liked having Ben and Darik together as brothers. I also liked that Ben found a way to excel despite not being a Force User. I know I was a little harsh with Callista, but I never liked Callista. I don't think that is a secret. I really hope we see Mara in EP7 or the Rebel's TV series so I can say, "MARA IS CANON AND THE BODYSNATCHER ISN'T!"

Thanks for reading and I appreciate the review!