main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Life Sucks and Then You Live On (AU Luke, Mara, Callista: COMPLETED! 1 March, Chapter 7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    I really liked this and I'm glad I continued reading past the first chapter ;)
    It has always been Mara for me.
    I'll never understand how Barbara Hambly could ever come up with a character like Callista.

Thank you :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I went of to the FF.n so I could read this one -- WOW -- you blew me away with this one. The twists and turns were great and the emotions --- so nice and then the wrap up at the end with the kids all grown up -- nice touch.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Gemma for reading. This is one of my favorite stories for some reason. It is too bad about the truncation, but I am glad I had it on FFN.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- how in blazes did I miss this fun, fun fic? :eek: Was I in a cave? LOL Please, I need the ffnet link in a PM? [face_batting] Bless Gemma for finding this and help bumping it to the top. @};-

Gemma likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! You can find all of my stories over at FFN: https://www.fanfiction.net/~jedilover If you ever lose that link you can find it in my signature.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! Bookmarked LOL [face_dancing]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: @};-
    Here's my overall point-by-point review: ;)

Chapters 1-3

Loved how Ben and Darik clicked right off.

Callista was/is a piece of total work. :rolleyes:

Mara was right and insightful in her analysis of Callista's narcissistic personality. :p

I squeed when Darik told Luke that Mara told Darik she loved 'his' Daddy. Yes!!!!! ;)

~~~!

chapter 4-5

Love Mara's pragmatic suggestion and the 'love confessions.' [face_laugh]

I believe Luke was always a bit more in love with Mara than he might have realized back then, but now he's in a position to realize it and compare Mara with Callista. Night and day. :p

~~~~!

I had an absolute :eek: moment at Ben's disclosures. Lands, that just about bites the big one doesn't it?
    :rolleyes:

So sad that Ben felt unloved; definitely seems like Callista was way more into the computer fixer-upper than anyone else.

Superb talk with the two of them together. =D= Their reactions - terrifically handled. LOL Darik knew all along huh? ;)

~~~~~!

Final Chapters :)

Hee! Han was a trip as usual, and Leia's reaction(s) totally expected and understandable.

The L/M was just scrumptious, natch. [face_dancing]

Luke was so enthusiastic, but who blames him?

Chapter 7 had such yummy H/L teasing and mush. :D And Ben's friends made me laugh -- I love seeing him and Darik as part of such a warm, fun family.

=D=

[:D] !!!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Nyota's Heart. I can't remember what inspired this story, but I know I was in a bitter mood when I wrote the first chapter. lol! I am glad you like it. I liked having Ben and Darik together as brothers. I also liked that Ben found a way to excel despite not being a Force User. I know I was a little harsh with Callista, but I never liked Callista. I don't think that is a secret. I really hope we see Mara in EP7 or the Rebel's TV series so I can say, "MARA IS CANON AND THE BODYSNATCHER ISN'T!"

Thanks for reading and I appreciate the review!